main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Legacy: "Fool's Gamble"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediDingo

JediDingo Jedi Master star 3

Mar 27, 2005
    OOC: Sorry for not being able to post as much, I have been extremely busy as of late.

IC:
    Jasen

Jasen had already made his way to the cargo bridge with Sinya as the Captian requested. When he made the annoucement, he had mentioned that they were two minutes away from the target city. By the time Sinya and Jasen made it into the cargo bay, they were coming up on the ruined war-torn city. On the way there, he had got his large battle rifle. He checked it one last time, making sure everything was in working order. The Corellian glanced at the Twi'lek, knowing that she had to be nervous. Ground battle wasn't Sinya, at least it didn't seem that way to Jasen.

"Don't you worry, just stick with me. I'll make sure everything is okay." Jasen reassured her. He let the rifle lay ontop of his shoulder, turning to see all the others. Quickly his blood began pumping for the anticapation of battle.

?Alright, ladies and gentlemen. It?s game time??

TAG: Everyone

2. sprintabm

sprintabm Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne

Kraid immediately took action, seeing a once in an opportunity chance to kill a bunch of grunters in one blow.

Over the shipwide comm: "Everyone, hold on!"

He increased the throttle while pulling up into a steep climb and armed a concussion missile. He violently pitched the ship down and made a target designation on the ground where the mass of Tuskens were. As soon as the designation took, he fired the missile and he watched it long enough to see it streak away from the Gamble.

"Missile away!" he called out as he pulled the ship back level and increased the throttle, heading for the northern end of the town. It was only a few seconds before they were there. He decreased the throttle as he pulled the ship into fast-descending spiral for a couple of turns. With the ship still rapidly descending its forward velocity had ceased, nose pointing south. Kraid extended the landing struts.

"Descending! Got a building in front of us," Kraid called out over the shipwide comm again. As the building emerged into his view he hit the cargo ramp switch. "S2, Wyl, cover fire, light up those punks!"

The Gamble touched down with a hearty thud, the building filling up the view from the bridge. The ship's engines were screaming, ready to launch the ship back into the air.

"Cap'n, we're down, move!"

TAG: anyone and everyone

3. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: S2-56G
    Lower Turret Pod- Fool?s Gamble

"S2, Wyl, cover fire, light up those punks!"

?Acknowledged. Beginning suppressive fire.? Rotating in his seat, the Utility Droid moved his aim to the parts of the Tusken rabble that had moved out from the area of the explosion. They were a good distance away, but it was still possible to get a few shots off before they landed. Squeezing the firing mechanism, S2 let off four precision shots and managed to the sand on which five Tuskens stood to smoldering glass with only scattered remains of the warriors themselves left behind. Looking down at the dual-laser cannon, he seemed almost disappointed as they lowered behind a building on the north end of the city. While he had been able to hit five, he had been aiming for six.

IC: Captain Jav Boran
    North side- Arnthout

With a loud thud,the Fool?s Gamble touched down and the landing ramp lowered. Standing right on the decline, the Captain waved each of his crewmen through yelling ?Go! Go! Go!? and finally descended himself once the last of them, their resident Amani, had exited. Sprinting across the sandy ground and pressing himself up against the cold adobe wall of their nearby building where Veers, Erik and Dak had already taken positions, he quickly waved Sinya, Jasen and Vitch over before reaching for his comm. ?We?re good, Kraid. Take her up. Transmit what we know about the Tuskens set-up and the survivors? transmission so far to the Police immediately and tell them to enter the city on the north side. We?ll see if they intend to hold up their end of the bargain. Jav out.?

Turning his head while still pressed against the building, Jav matched eyes with Zem. ?Well, what?s your suggested course of action??

TAG: Veers, Sinya, Jasen, Kraid

IC: Tuskens
    South side- Arnthout

The flaming roar of the approaching warhead had caught the attention of the sharpshooters immediately who let out warning cries that something was quickly approaching. Atop his Bantha, the war chief held up his ceremonial gaderffi and let out a guttural cry, telling his Raiders to scatter. Only? they weren?t all fast enough.

With a deafening explosion that seemed to rock the settlement and sent debris falling from the surrounding damaged buildings, black smoke and dust rose from the newly formed crater, accompanied by the smell of charred flesh which now hung heavily in the air. Standing uneasily from the ground, his robes now blackened around the edges, the war chief stood and surveyed the damage as well as he could make it out. As far as he could tell, nearly half of his tribesmen had been killed in the explosion, with several more falling to smaller weapons? firing from the metal demon shortly after. However, more dire than any of the other losses, his Bantha mount, his companion since youth, was sprawled out on the ground, letting out a baleful moan as it slowly died from the injuries it has received while trying to flee the explosion. Without a doubt, this was his greatest loss and would result in his departure as war chief to wander the desert sands, either to find a new mount or to die a pitiful death. Even so, though this was undoubtedly his future to come, he would not leave the Outlanders with this victory. By the blood of his ancestors, they would pay with each of their worthless lives and, in the end, he himself would take their leader to be sacrificed to appease the vengeful spirits who had deemed that the life of his mount must be lost and strung up as a sign to both the Jawas and the Outlanders that the tribes of the Sand People would not be denied victory.

Picking his Gaderffi up from the ground, he howled out orders to the survivors, sending his warriors to cover and telling his riflemen to prepare for when the new Outlanders would appear. They, too, would pay dearly.

4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Colonel Artemis Z.M. Veers, Dak "Tempest" Perite & Erik "Womprat" Derkin

Northside, Arnthout

This wasn't like an Imperial-backed mission. They had no armour. They had no backup. Well they did have backup but it wasn't of the kind that Veers would consider reliable. But most importantly of all. They had no intel of the situation or where the survivors were. They had been picked up and tossed into this war by the Governor and Veers was having second thoughts about volunteering to lead a mission with a group of ragtag mercenaries that probably had no clue about teamwork or following orders.

Lets not forget about the tension that he had noticed forming between Erik and the merc called Jasen. He only hoped that Erik retained enough sense to leave his personal feelings back on the ship. The only people he could rely on were his own men and possibly the Captain.

?Well, what?s your suggested course of action?? Jav asked of him as they kept their backs to the wall.

"My suggested course of action? We wait until we have better intel," the Colonel answered and nodded toward the southend of the town. "We go into that blind, we won't get very far and a lot of us will end up dead. But if you dont want to just sit here, then I suggest we keep to the buildings as much as possible and avoid stepping out into the open. I dunno about you, but I have no armour and I dont want to get sniped by Tuskens."

He glanced down the mainstreet of the town to assess the situation as far as he could tell with his own two eyes from where he stood. As an afterthought he added; "Unless the Tuskens have something that can threaten the Gamble, I suggest then that Kraid do a couple flybys and tell us what he sees. I particularly would like to know where the enemy is moving."

TAG: Ground Team

5. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gambel

All he needed to hear was the Captain say "take her up" and Kraid jammed on the collective and shot the Gamble up, accelerating forward as the landing struts and cargo ramp retracted. The Gamble was now about 150 meters above ground level and Kraid set the ship up for an orbit about Arnthout, banking to left enough for both S2 and Wyl to get clear fields of fire.

"S2, Wyl, we're doing an orbit here, gun down any Tuskens you see."

The charred debris from the missile impact was now in full view for Kraid. "Wow, that one kriffed them up pretty good," he mumbled to himself.

Kraid hit the outside comm. "Mos Eisley police, Fool's Gamble; Gamble has touched down and delivered landing party on north end of town. Large group of Tuskens visible on south end, many seem to be killed or scattered by our initial attack. Encountering minimal small arms fire from the ground. Setting up orbit about town and providing fire support. Request you come in with your ground support, land on northern edge of town where Gamble's landing party is."

TAG: bridge, turrets, zion

6. Shinrai

Shinrai Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    IC: Gorrk
    Arnthout, Tatooine

??ake up! Damn it Hamshanks, we don?t have time for this!?

Gorrk barely heard the man over the ringing in his ears. Something gritty was all over him; in his mouth, his clothes, his nose and his eyes. He sneezed, and wiped his face off with the back of his sleeve.

He opened his eyes blearily to the searing sky of Tatooine and groaned. With effort, he hauled himself to his feet, trying to push away the extreme dizziness the action produced.

?Take a drink, yeah? ?Think you?re dehydrated? Gorrk gratefully downed the contents of the flask he was handed. He was about to give it back when he realized it was his own. Gorrk sighed and re-pocketed the container in at his hip.

?What happened?? he asked, his voice more gravelly than usual.

?Well, we met up with the Captain, the Tuskens blew up half the kriffing town, and we dragged your fat, lazy hocks over here,? said Yade, crouching at the corner and peeking around the building they were taking cover behind. He was bleeding from several small wounds that Gorrk guessed were inflicted by flying debris. Dusty looked much the same on Gorrk?s other side, and he was glad his small stature seemed to help him avoid the worst of the punishment. Except for some sore spots he was sure were bruising, he had barely been damaged. In front of him was someone far less fortunate, as the dusky skinned man he recognized as Captain Banai held a torn piece of uniform to another human?s mid-section. The cloth was becoming soaked with blood as he held it there, and the captain seemed a bit out of his depth. His brow dripped with sweat and his arms shook with nervous tension as he applied pressure. There was an equally uneasy looking Sullustan beside him, staring down at his injured comrade with obvious concern.

?Gorrk,? the captain began, looking over to him, ?you wouldn?t happen to have medical experience, would you?? The Ugnaught shook his head negatively. ?Damn it. Hang in there Davner,? he said to the man, ?we?ll get you out of here.? The man grunted in response, teeth firmly clenched against the pain. The Sullustan next to him muttered some words in Sullustese the man seemed to understand, before he was wracked by another wave of pain.

?Lieutenant,? the captain addressed, ?I defer to your experience in this matter. What?s our course of action??

Yade shook his head. ?I?m sorry to say this Captain but? if we don?t get some reinforcements we?re fracked.? Dusty looked over to Yade with an indecipherable look and nod. Yade continued, ?I suggest we advance, and use whatever cover is left to our advantage.?

?We can?t advance,? the Banai retorted, ?we have wounded.?

?At this point, Cap?n, I don?t really see it mattering much,? Dusty drawled. ?If we sit here and wait we?re as dead as if we move, yeah? We might be able to buy the people in the station some more time. That?s something worth die?n for, yeah??

Gorrk gripped his weapon more tightly. So it all came down to this? All their efforts to rescue the captain now thrown away in one last foolish gamble?

The captain looked down at his hands, still on Davner?s wound. The man looked up, meeting his eyes and nodding his acceptance. Banai?s eyes were pained, as he took Davner?s own hands and used them to replace his own over his wound. He gestured to the Sullustan as he stood and unholstered his blaster, the alien doing the same. ?Officer Jullib, are you with us??

The alien responded in his native tongue in what the captain thought was an affirmative, but made Davmner crack a smile. ?He says? we?re all *******s?? the man gasped out with a pained grimace. ?But, he wants? to see Barad? choke on his own smugness? before he dies.?

Yade cracked a smile at the diminutive alien. ?Well, you ugly son of a bastich, you just might get your wish.? He checked the power level on his last blaster cartridge before slamming it home. ?Well captain, just say the word??

Captain Banai kept his face impassive as he stared each of them in the eye in turn. ?I wan

7. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    IC: Wyl Lorrka

It wasn't that Wyl wasn't used to seeing action, no, that wasn't it. It was that he wasn't used to being this close to it, or being a participant. Upon approaching, Wyl was taken back by the magnitude of the battle for such a small battlefield. This was the stuff of larger, more impressive wars.

But then there came Kraid's mention of an orbit, and Wyl knew he couldn't let them all down again. He knocked back his flask, again, took a deep breath as he felt the liquor burn its way down, and opened fire at an advancing line of banthas, spraying their path. Above the din he could only faintly here the beasts' cries. He fired at a Tusken sniper and succeeded more by blowing the Tusken's position to smithereens than because of any sort of accuracy. As he squeezed the triggers and clenched his jaw to counteract the clack of teeth that came with each shot, he thought just maybe he was getting the hang of it.

TAG: Everyone

8. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: Well, folks, it seems I'm a few days late but, as of 1/29/08, Happy One Year Anniversay!

It's been my pleasure to serve as GM for you all over these past twelve months and likewise my pleasure to have you all as players.

As a bit of a gift for all of your hard work, I think it's time I revealed to you all something special. I've been working on gathering artwork for something I want to put together....a guidebook to the Legacy era as portrayed in 'Fool's Gamble.' So, anyway, without further ado, here are some of the completed pieces for all of you to enjoy!

[image=http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9500/javs2vx2.jpg]
    The Duros Captain Jav Boran and S2-56G (his head isn't as portrayed at this point in the game, but all will be explained with time)

[image=http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8259/foolsgambleiy8.jpg]
    The Highly Modified VT-49 Decimator 'Fool's Gamble' in dock in Mos Eisley, Tatooine

[image=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5707/dadarthumbrasnz4.jpg]
    The Serrocoan Sith Lord Darth Umbras of Sith Intelligence and Assassination

[image=http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6564/remlochvn9.jpg]
    One of the Remloch phenotypes aboard a doomed starship

[image=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2690/kazikff9.jpg]
    Warlord Kazik, leader of the remaining Jawas on Tatooine waging war on the Tuskens

[image=http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/1894/kyrrain7.jpg]
    Kyrra, Cathar Jedi Knight from the Sith-Imperial War (referenced at least once, if not twice, in the game)

Well, that's all for now though there are plenty more in development. I hope you all enjoy! I'll try to have my next post up for you all soon.

9. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: S2-56G
    Lower Turret Pod- Fool?s Gamble

"S2, Wyl, we're doing an orbit here, gun down any Tuskens you see."

?Acknowledged,? S2 said, as he turned his sights towards the remaining Tuskens. Several shots rained down from the upper turret and took out several of the Banthas farther out from the outskirts of the city as well several Tuskens who had taken position amongst the dunes. ?Good shot, Mr. Lorrka!?

As the ship came back around, the Utility droid took aim for several Tuskens who had taken positions amongst the ruined buildings and opened fired, though his targets managed to avoid being hit while others opened fire on the ship once more, yet again to know affect. ?As the Tuskens enter the city, gentlemen, I suggest we be careful. We don?t know how structurally sound the rest of the buildings are and we wouldn?t want to bring any of them down on the survivors.?

TAG: Kraid, Wyl

IC: Police Chief D?Vorrk

?Messaged received and acknowledged, Fool?s Gamble,? responded a low, gruff voice over the comm. ?Our ships are still four minutes out from Arnthout, so tell your people to hold out as long as possible. Has there been any sign of survivors??

TAG: Kraid

Northside- Arnthout- Tatooine

?Well, whatever we do we can?t stay here all day or else we might as well just have stayed on the ship, yeah?I vote for option two. We?ll head out and stay amongst the buildings as much possible while looking for any survivors.? Sidling around Veers, The Captain made his way to the edge of the building and looked beyond the corner, to his complete surprise finding a small group standing there in the street, looking in their general direction. Among them were four humans, one of which looked to be wounded, a Sullustan that seemed to be in agony, and a squat Ugnaught. Stepping out from where he stood, figuring it to be safe with them standing out in the open, Jav lifted his arm in the air and waved to them, but before he could open his mouth to speak, the sound of a rifle shot sounded, soon followed a volley of accompanying shot. ?All of you, over here! Quickly!?

TAG: Gorrk and crew, Veers and crew, Jasen and Sinya

10. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

"?As the Tuskens enter the city, gentlemen, I suggest we be careful. We don?t know how structurally sound the rest of the buildings are and we wouldn?t want to bring any of them down on the survivors.?

"Acknowledged," Wyl managed, as he accidentally took out a pillar. Fortunately, it blocked the advance of a Tusken squad making its way through an alley.

TAG: All

11. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

Kraid constantly cycled his head between his console displays and out the cockpit. He began to oscillate between varying altitudes and making turns sharper or wider to keep the Gamble's flight path a little less predictable to the Tuskens.

"Turrets, make sure if you see anyone bust out some anti-air weaponry you let me know right away and take them out quick."

The outside comm channel came to life. ?Messaged received and acknowledged, Fool?s Gamble,? responded a low, gruff voice over the comm. ?Our ships are still four minutes out from Arnthout, so tell your people to hold out as long as possible. Has there been any sign of survivors??

"Fourteen minutes?!" Kraid shouted out to himself. "What are those kriffers doing?!"

He keyed the comm, resuming a calmer but still firm voice. "Police, Gamble, get out here quicker, a lot of Tuskens down there. No signs of survivors on the ground other than the Tuskens only being on the southern part of town. They're likely there because of resistance from the north."

Kraid switched to the crew's comm frequency. "Cap'n, Kraid, police are 14 minutes out. Any requests?"

TAG: Cap'n, anyone

OOC: Ooooh, pretty pictures.

12. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    IC: Police Chief D?Vorrk

?Acknowledged, Fool?s Gamble, but we still won?t be able to get out there any faster than four minutes. As I said, tell your people to hold out as long as possible. We'll be there as soon as we can.?

TAG: Kraid

Shortly After?

?Fourteen minutes!? Are you sure about that, Kraid? It look us fifteen minutes to fly here from Eisley and they said they were just a few miles out.? An audible sigh sounded over the bridge?s comm. ?Keep harassing their warriors at the southern end as much as possible. We just found some survivors in the street but the Tuskens are opening fire again. Whatever you do, keep them distracted.?
    TAG: Kraid, Gorrk (Who will see the Captain on the comm. as he approaches)

13. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002

Fourteen minutes didn't seem right. The ship's maneuvering gave Wyl a moment with nothing to shoot at but sky, and he took that oppurtunity to take another swig. He heard the bottom turret pounding away as the ship leveled out. With nothing up top to fire at, Wyl shielded his eyes against the sun and scanned the horizon.

"Bridge, this is Wyl. If they're really fourteen minutes out, maybe we should start scanning for survivors, try to comm resistance down there, and start covering them, no?"

The ship banked and the inertial compensators didn't entirely keep Wyl's stomach from lurching.

TAG: All

14. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Ryelee Hadrian
    Bridge

"Rylee, ready yourself with the tactical displays, you're my second set of eyes. Anything that looks weird coming at us you jam the stars out of it. Listen to the comms for anything funny. You know what, Rylee, go ahead, direct main lighting power into the shields, everyone can survive on emergency lights but not on insufficient shields."

?Shields up and running, Kraid? the boy answered after a while ?Main power on them as well, I?ll be damned if they fail?

Rye was now kneeling on the chair, his hands moving around the controls without actually thinking. His chocolate eyes wondered all over the place, checking everything for no more than three seconds before wondering off again.

??That has to be a kriffing joke? The boy said, staring at Kraid as if the man had been talking of polka dotted banthas prancing around in pink robes. ?Fourteen minutes? What in the Force were those kriffers doing while we rushed here??

?Acknowledged, Fool?s Gamble, but we still won?t be able to get out there any faster than four minutes. As I said, tell your people to hold out as long as possible. We'll be there as soon as we can.?

?Kraid? Rye called as said man was busying himself with shooting orders about the remaining crew ?The police guy cut the time down miraculously by ten minutes. Said they?d take at least four minutes to drag their arses down here. Paranoid and all, I don?t trust these frackers.?

Tag: Kraid, anyone else

15. SelenaMeeka

SelenaMeeka Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2008
    OOC: Sorry, I got a higher position at work and I've been swamped. This will be short, so forgive me. I have a lot to do, but I want to keep Sinya active.

IC:

Sinya
    Tatooine

Sinya pushed aside Jasen's snide comment earlier. She didn't have time to respond to his ego, and now wasn't the time for her to let her emotions go astray.

The city was a disaster. Smoke and laser burnt air filled her lungs as they stepped out of the ship. Immediately, she didn't like it. Frowning, she took a quick glance around and held up the blaster she managed to grab before they left the ship. It wasn't her's, and it was a bit too heavy for her tastes, but it seemed solid and she knew it was use able.

Sighing slightly, she kept close to the group. Her lekku twitched slightly and she turned her head to see the Captain waving to a group. Suddenly, shots rang out and it seemed that the whole city erupted in the sound of guns blasting.

Sinya dove down, holding the blaster above her head. She could barely see in the dim haze of the smoke. She looked back at the captain, then at the crew with her, worried. Did any of them get hit? Was everyone okay?

TAG: Ground crew, Jav, any...?

16. Shinrai

Shinrai Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    IC: Gorrk

Arnthout (Northside), Tatooine

The group could pause in the street for only a moment before the Tuskens opened fire on their position. The police, with their longer legs and superior experience, ran for cover; while Gorrk hit the deck and covered his head with his hands as shots streaked over his back.

?Gorrk! Move! We?ll cover you!? Yade shouted from his position, back across the street where they had started. It occurred to him as he lifted his head, that it was the first time the man had ever used his proper name. Peering back with odd appreciation, he made a decision.

Swallowing his fear, the Ugnaught pumped strength into his legs and arms. He rose, as if in slow motion. Cycler shots and blaster bolts whizzed by him with uncomfortable closeness as he moved, running to the opposite side of the street where a blue-skinned Duros watched him approach. He stumbled as his right shoulder jerked, and a pinch of pain ran through the appendage. The last few steps to the other side of the street he took mid-fall.

Crashing to the ground at the feet of the Duros he gasped air. ?Lieutenant Barad? and Captain? across street? two wounded ? low ammo? need help.? He grit his teeth against the burning pain blossoming in his shoulder, but continued. ?Survivors in police station? basement? Tusken?s? thermal dets?? Finishing his ?report? he rolled onto his back, clutched his shoulder and closed his eyes, hoping that unconsciousness would take him soon.

TAG: Jav & his Red Shirts

IC: Cpt. Dexter Banai, Lt. Yade Barad, Cpl. ?Dusty? Stile, OFC Bien ?Bean Juice? Jullib, OFC Davner Wahl

Arnthout (Northside), Tatooine
    [/b]
    ?Frak!? Yade cursed as the blaster bolt grazed Gorrk?s shoulder. The man went to move but was immediately restrained.

?Whoa, now? easy,? said Dusty, holding the Corellian by his shoulders. ?He made it. Right now he?s doing better than us, yeah? Goin? out there?s gonna do nothin? but get you killed.?

Yade sighed, peeking out at the position of the new arrivals then ducking his head back in. Their ship roared overhead, turning for another elliptical strafe of the combat zone. ?Yeah,? he muttered, ?I know. It?s my fault he?s here though, you know? He was right? he?s no fighter.?

?Feeling guilty for ?deputizing? him?? the unshaven man grinned.

?How did you???

?Trell. I asked where ya? were when I got back to the station. When I heard you?d illegally deputized an Ugnaught and gone to save the Cap?n, I knew I?d hate myself forever if I couldn?t say I saw it with my own eyes.? He chuckled. ?You didn?t disappoint.?

?Glad I could amuse you,? the lieutenant grumbled. His expression changed when he saw his captain leaning over the body of his comrade. ?Captain? how?s Dav??

Banai looked at him with sad eyes. ?He?s out. I? don?t think he has very long. I?m starting to think I should have left that chunk of rock in him? his bleeding isn?t stopping.?

Yade felt desperation course through him. Davner was a good officer; young, recently married and had a bright future ahead of him. He was going to die if they couldn?t get that ship back down here.

The feeling intensified as he looked at Bien. The little alien, though in agony, was holding up fairly well. His ears weren?t bleeding anymore at least. His face looked as if he had his pain under tight control, but the look in his eyes was all fierce determination.

Maybe it was because he was slowly losing control of the situation, but Yade was slowly losing his grip on his emotions as well. Blasted mercenaries? taking off before helping anyone nearby, launching a concussion missile, and not breaking cover at all to help Gorrk. Yade?s grip tightened around his blaster.

?Dusty.?

?Yeah boss??

?We can?t rely on those mercs over there to help us ? they?re in this for their wallets. We need to come up with our own plan.?

Dusty nodded in agreement. ?They don?t seem the most competent lot. What did you have in mind? That ship?s shooting just about everything that move

17. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Arnthout (northside)-Tatooine

Listening to the Ugnaught as he tried to force out his words over the pain, Jav quickly committed it all to memory before the small creature began to fade into unconsciousness. If there was anything Duros could do as well as piloting, it was storing away information for later use. He glanced at Zem and then nodded. ?Well, at least we know something now. Erik, see if you can do something for our friend here.?

Jav poked his head around the corner again. The gunshots had stopped temporarily as all targets were out of sight. Reaching to his belt, he retrieved his comm. without looking down, keeping his eyes on the southern end of the city. ?Kraid, this is Jav. We?ve received word from a survivor down here that their people are holed up in the police station so make sure no one gets close to it?at least as far as the Tuskens are concerned, and try to keep out of their reach. Our man here says they have Thermal Dets.?

After replacing the handheld device, the Duros Captain glanced back at his people. ?You all wait here. I?m going to go try to talk to the Officers across the way. You?re in charge, Zem, until I get back.?

Surveying the opposite street side, he spied the building behind which the Police Officers had taken refuge behind. Unlike the building he and his group were behind, the opposite building was not straight, but at an angle so that the front of it faced where they were hiding. This meant the Officers were just out of sight where they were. With a deep breath, Jav braced himself and, when he felt he could wait no longer, took off into the street. As soon as he did, the shots begen to ring out again throughout the street and in a way he could almost feel them as they buzzed around him, coming within short distance of hitting him. When his goal was nearly in reach, he pushed his body beyond mere physicality, becoming a blur of speed for a short distance before diving behind the building, much to the surprise of the waiting officers. His lungs burned at the exertion and it took him a second before he could stand up, his eyes traveling down to the bottom of his leather jacket and several fresh bullet holes that had been drilled into it. ?Ahhh, damn it??

TAG: Veers, Gorrk, Kraid

18. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    Kraid Tynne
    bridge, Fool's Gamble

"Believe me, Rylee," replied Kraid, "I don't trust those cops one bit. That's why I'm saving our torpedoes and the rest of the missiles."

?Kraid, this is Jav. We?ve received word from a survivor down here that their people are holed up in the police station so make sure no one gets close to it?at least as far as the Tuskens are concerned, and try to keep out of their reach. Our man here says they have Thermal Dets.?

"Police station? Where?" Kraid started scanning the town below him. "I sure as kriff can't tell what's what down there. Rylee, see if the maps or anything can tell us where it is."

Kraid leveled out the Gamble from its orbit and headed out east, accelerating in speed. "Turrets, we're gonna do some strafing runs. We're gonna go high, dive in steep and fast. You guys start picking out Tuskens, we already got a good idea where they are. Don't hit buildings unless you saw Tuskens in them previously."

With that, Kraid punched the throttle and pulled the ship into a steep climb, leveling off at 2,000 meters and heading back west towards the town.

"Here we go! Hang on, we're going fast and steep!"

The ship plunged into a 40 degree dive right on the point where the concussion missile was launched.

"Open fire whenever you get a good view!"

TAG: bridge, turrets

19. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: Well, it would seem about 3/4ths of our players are currently busy and unable to post.

Can I get a rollcall of who all is still here?

I know China is busy with work and school, Mitth is bogged down with college, Shinrai is having some difficulties at home and Angel is just about always busy with school. Who else do we have?

20. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: I'm just seemingly unneeded at the moment; I usually don't bother with filler posts for my characters to basically repeat whatever just happened <.<

21. sprintabm

May 20, 2005
    ooooc: I'm here.

22. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    Well, at least there's you two and BobaMatt is still with us...

If it turns out to be just the four of us, I may have to make some major decisions on how this game is going to go because I know that all of the others still want to play but are just too busy. Anyway, stay tuned for further developments and anyone who hasn't checked in yet speak up!

23. Sentinel-825

Sentinel-825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    OOC: Here, just waiting to get in this thing. ;)

24. R_Zion

Nov 23, 2004
    OOC: Alright, folks...I got ahold of Sinre and he's out for the time being as he's sick and I haven't heard back from Dingo yet so that leaves us with... four active players, one of which has yet to be introduced.

I'd like your opinions. Do you think we should procede with what we have or put the game on hold until more people return. Shinrai is still having difficulties but things still seem a little hectic, so unless he can make it back, I'll be controlling every character on the ground, sending this game into the realm of fan fiction and leaving all active characters up on the ship.

Thus, with all that said and done, what do you suggest we do, people?

25. SelenaMeeka

SelenaMeeka Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2008
    OOC: Ah! I'm still here, I swear! OMG, we are moving at the end of the month to a new apartment and now that everything at work is beginning to flow better and the move will allow us to stay in one place for a long time, I'll be more apt to posting. I do have school between March and May, but it's only two days a week and it's Economics, which is fairly easy for me. Sooooooooo........yeah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.