1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Legacy: "Fool's Gamble"

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by R_Zion, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Captain Jav Boran and S2-56G
    Cargo Bay, Fool?s Gamble 16:21 hours

"See? Good as new," Kieran said, then handed the glowrod over to the droid.

?I see, sir,? the droid remarked as he returned to the supply crate and place the former lightersaber, now Glowrod back inside. ?A very creative approach to hiding your weapon. Your weapon?s casing will be here in this crate whenever you desire to retrieve it.?

Wandering back over, S2 watched the viewscreen for nearly a minute before speaking up. ?Tell me, sir, you are an Imperial Knight, are you not? Shouldn?t you have left the planet with the rest of former Emperor Fel?s forces to? wherever they might be at the moment??

Several minutes later, Jav returns from the cockpit and takes a seat backwards on one of the chairs of the newly set-up, make-shift lounge. ?Well then, it seems we have two jobs in the shoot. Both by Hutts, and one we?re not getting paid for, at least in credits??

TAG: Kieran
  2. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4
    IC: Kieran Zass

The droid asked Kieran why he hadn't already left with the rest of the loyal Imperial forces.
    "Well, I wasn't even here when the attack happened," he said, recalling the events that led to his current situation.
    "See, I'd recently been knighted and had just finished what was, I suppose, my first real mission."
    The memories began to flood back, as did the emotional turmoil Kieran had experienced.
    "I when I heard that the Emperor had been killed, I didn't know what to do," he said, choking on the words. "I guess I just floated around for a while. I didn't even find out he was still alive until I got back to Coruscant, and by that time I was pretty much stuck here."
    Kieran took a moment to control his feelings, then added "Until your captain put out that ad, anyway."
    Shortly after, Jav returned to the hold and informed Kieran of a few jobs he had lined up. As the captain spoke, Kieran studied his face. The Duros seemed a little odd somehow, but Kieran couldn't put his finger on it so he brushed the thought aside.
    One of the jobs didn't have any pay involved, but it didn't really matter to Kieran. He wasn't really there for money, anyway.
    "Well, it is the Hutts," He said. "I'm surprised they ever pay anyone."

TAG: R_Zion
  3. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    Cargo Bay, Fool?s Gamble 16:28 hours

"Well, it is the Hutts," He said. "I'm surprised they ever pay anyone."

Jav placed his arms behind his head and leaned the chair back on two legs, bracing himself with his own legs on the table. ?Well, Queen Jool I know I could count on. She and I go way back.? He paused, his eyes on the viewscreen as a new report came on about the Diner bombing earlier in the day. ?Crandon, however?.well, as I said earlier, one of my crew had a Bounty on his head, but I talked with Crandon and he gave us a little job in exchange for doing away with the bounty, so that?s why there?s no cash payment. I just hope we make it out with our lives.

?That?s not overly reassuring, Captain,? S2 said as he joined the two at the ?lounge.?

-------------------------------------

OOC: I know I say you all could go about and wander around for those few hours, but I?m going to skip ahead to 18:00 hours to get to the next interview, which is also when the crew was supposed to return to the ship. Drasius and Sinya, finish up your conversation at the bar and then, for anyone who posts returning, just do a little rundown of what you did since leaving the Bar whenever you did.

IC: 17:58 hours

Glancing at his chronometer, Jav was surprised at how quickly the time had passed. Turning his head, he looked up into his green-chassied Utility droid?s photoreceptors. ?Hey, S2, mind going outside and waiting for this Mr. Tynne to show up and the rest of the crew to return.?

?As you wish, Captain,? S2 replied, bowing slightly as he made his way to the landing ramp.

Outside, the sun was getting low in the sky as evening began to come on. A flock of hawk-bats flew low near the landing platform, swooping down towards a granite slug on a nearby ledge while far beneath in the lower levels, the evening hunting cries of the Nexu sounded. Coruscant was a very different place from the time when his progenitor units, the R-series Astromech droids, debuted and very dangerous for a droid, or an organic for that matter, who would decide to go for a stroll by himself. Checking his internal chronometer, he saw that the time was now nearly 18:01 hours. Someone should be arriving soon.

TAG: Sinya, Drasius, Ryelee/Azul, Kieran, Kraid
  4. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Kraid Tynne
    Commercial docks housing complexes, Newport District, Coruscant

Kraid's head was swimming with technical diagrams and facts on the VT-49 after his library visit, most being resurfaced information that only needed a jolt to bring them back to the top of Kraid's memory. As the time came for the interview he went back to his apartment filled his backpack with what little he owned including hiding his N'Gant-Zarvel 9118 carbine in there. Don't want to attract attention, now. It was an older weapon (though not nearly as old as some weapons still being used out there in the galaxy), he had some mods on it mostly to keep it in good shooting condition. He received it from his first mercenary group, a no-name outfit doing some nasty business against some pirates and smugglers in the Clacis Sector in the Outer Rim. Of course, the group's employer was a rival pirate gang. Nasty business that a young, dumb space mechanic would jump at the chance to grab a blaster and start shooting at whoever the enemy of the day was.

Last, he picked up his toolbox and checked his empty apartment. VT-49 or not, I'm getting off this planet tonight. He walked down over to the apartment manager's office to check out and pick up something he owed him.

"What, my best tenant, leaving... I should have foreseen the day..." sighed the elderly, grey-skinned male twi'lek apartment manager.

Kraid smiled. "Well, you knew the day would come. I've already been here for 11 months. Way too long."

"Heh, of course. These apartments have such a high rate of flux of tenants. Pretty much the same as when I used to work out there on the docks. Oh, cannot forget!" The twi'lek reached underneath his desk and produced a flat-black helmet. "As you ordered."

"Perfect!" Kraid picked it up and strapped it on. "Well, whadya know, it actually fits."

"Shipyard grade toughness. Here's the fittings to strap your protection goggles or even a face shield to. As you can see, not much neck and ear protection but you're supposed to be wearing your hearing protection with it, and things usually fall on your head, not your neck. So just don't let something fall on your neck! And like I said, it's so good that my brother has done orders for several planetary militia groups who are using it instead of regular military helmets since it's cheaper and more resilient."

Kraid took it off and handled it. "Good, glad your brother came through on this. Looking forward to this helmet lasting me longer than a year unlike the countless other helmets I've owned." Things seemed to always fall on Kraid's head. He joked to his friends that his head had a giant magnet in it. "And don't worry, I knew you weren't cheating me out of credits; I know where you live." Kraid finished the last line with a smile.

"Ha! Kraid, I'll miss you!" laughed the Twi'lek, giving a strong handshake to the human. "Don't do anything that I've done!"

OOC: If you're wondering about the helmet, imagine a skateboarding helmet or something similar to what the Delta Force soldiers wore in the movie "Black Hawk Down."

---------------------------

Landing Pad 267, Newport, Coruscant

With new helmet in his backpack, backpack on back, and toolbox in left hand, Kraid made his way through the ever busy crowds of the commercial docks. Day shift was going home and night shift was showing up, something Kraid was all to familiar with. He made his was to one of the Newport dock aerial trams and silently sat the 35 minute trip to the non-commercial docks, enduring the 20 or so stops and exchange of passengers. Man, didn't realize how big the Newport docks were.... Kraid got off the shuttle at the 250 block of the non-commercial docks and made his way to Pad 267.

Finally, Kraid stood at the door. He opened it and stepped onto the pad and beheld a ship from his early days of being a ship technician and engineer. A smile shot across his face. A VT-49. Don't muck this up, dummy. Kraid noticed an S2 unit standing by the ramp and made a beeli
  5. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: S2-56G and Captain Jav Boran
    Landing Pad 267, Newport District, Coruscant

"Hello," Kraid said to the droid as he approached him. "I'm inquiring on the job offer from Captain Jav Boran. I'm Kraid Tynne. I presume that you're the S2 that I wrote to about this job?"

S2 bowed. ?Good evening, Mr. Tynne. I am indeed S2-56G, the unit who wrote to you earlier.? Turning around suddenly, he made his way towards the landing ramp. ?Please follow me, sir. I?ll take you to the Captain.?

Still leaning back in his chair, Jav was slightly caught off guard when he saw his droid co-pilot and the stranger coming into the ship. Grabbing the datapad on the table in front of him, he put on wide smile and walked over towards the two coming up, holding out his hand to Tynne. ?Ahhh, you must be Kraid Tynne. Hello! I am Captain Jav Boran and welcome to the Fool?s Gamble.? He turned and waved his hand over to the make-shift lounge in the corner of the cargo bay. ?Please, come have a seat. I?ve looked over your resume. It?s very impressive, but I?m wondering what someone with your skill is doing looking for work with?sometimes questionably reputable groups such as ourselves and not working at the shipyards on your homeworld.?

TAG: Kraid
  6. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Landing Pad 267, Newport District, Coruscant

S2 bowed. ?Good evening, Mr. Tynne. I am indeed S2-56G, the unit who wrote to you earlier.? Turning around suddenly, he made his way towards the landing ramp. ?Please follow me, sir. I?ll take you to the Captain.?

A droid that bows? On a ship like this? He gonna serve me Corellian ale from his eye sockets next? Kraid followed S2 up the ramp and took a look at every little bit of the ship that they passed by. Memories of being trained on these ships with fellow technicians and engineers flooded back to him. Kraid could tell that this ship was at some point a junker but someone took some good effort in putting it back together. Definitely space worthy; that's always a plus.

Kraid then beheld a Duros in the cargo bay offering his hand to him. He gave the Duros a firm handshake.

"Ahhh, you must be Kraid Tynne. Hello! I am Captain Jav Boran and welcome to the Fool?s Gamble.? He turned and waved his hand over to the make-shift lounge in the corner of the cargo bay. ?Please, come have a seat. I?ve looked over your resume. It?s very impressive, but I?m wondering what someone with your skill is doing looking for work with?sometimes questionably reputable groups such as ourselves and not working at the shipyards on your homeworld.?

Kraid grabbed a chair, set his gear beside him and sat down across from the captain. "Fool's Gamble." That's a comforting name. Well, I was on the "Deathtrap" those couple of months... "Pleasure to meet you, Captain Boran. Yeah," Kraid let out a small smile, "as you see that in my teenage years and early 20s I was an employee at Kuat Drive Yards. But like most kids that age, they got the adventure bug and had to bail from home. So that's what I did, and as you saw in my resume, I was all over the place. Don't regret it all. I've had so many experiences that I would've been shielded from by staying at the Yards. And by leaving, I exposed myself to other yards' designs, so I guess you can say I've expanded my mind when it comes to starships, how they work and how they don't work and the associated technologies. Admittedly, I did have a rather 'dangerous' strain of the adventure bug and got myself mixed up in some 'interesting' work, nonetheless."

Kraid took a look around the ship surrounding him. "I gotta tell you, Captain, someone did a decent job on getting this thing back up. Looks like it was in pretty bad shape. Personally, it's pretty exciting to be back on a VT-49. You know it's a Yards product, so back when I was there they would take young technicians and engineers aboard their small little fleet of old 49s meant exclusively for training purposes. We pretty much learned how starships work on board them. So it's kinda like being back home on board your vessel. I could talk to you and your S2 for hours about how you have this girl running."

He sat himself up in the chair and tried to sound as professional and straightforward as possible. "Captain, before we get too much into talking shop, I'd like you to tell me about what type of work you're in. I'll tell you up front, I'm not one to be hired work for a government, any government. I don't trust the majority of them and would rather stay out of their politics. I also am not for doing things that harm innocents. When I was in mercenary groups, we were payed by bad guys to slap other bad guys or to smuggle the odd commodity from point A to point B. I have no qualms about that, but I'm not for shafting honest people who are just trying to make a living in this galaxy."

Kraid held his breath for the response. That was a sink-or-swim line that I just gave him there... He wasn't even sure how he'd respond if the Duros gave a response that he didn't like.

TAG: Captain Boran
  7. MoonlightsAngel Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Azul and Rye.

'That cursed, idiotic, self-centered bastard... served him well...Iif his mother hadn't come along I would've broken his other arm as well... His MOTHER for crying out loud! Where did the tough 'street-boy' go? Eh? All I saw there was a terrified Mommy's baby, and he's friggin two feet taller than me! Not to mention the runt! Feh! Really serves him well... Imagine! The local gang of bad boys beaten half way to the next galaxy by a girl and a nine-year old! If 'Mamma' had been just five minutes late I would've...'

Azul was briskly pulled out of her thoughts by a small, tiny hand grasping her own small, slender hand. Iced blue eyes fixed on a tiny blond walking beside her. His lip was busted, his nose smudged with blood, and there was a huge cocky grin spread over his face. He gently licked the blood off his lip, his free hand deep into his pocket.

"What's so funny, Runt?" she asked curiously, ignoring the pain on every step she gave.

"Except for us beating that bunch of bastards and then their mother having to come rescue 'em, and then watch them scram like a bunch of frightened toddlers?" asked the boy with an amused twinkle in his eyes "Nothing..."

Azul rolled her eyes, giggling. Rye studied her, there was a huge black bruise on the left side of ber face, as well as some traces of blood on her white shorts, but nothing she couldn't handle.

They made her way to the 'Fool's Gamble' still chattering about the earlier events.

"Uh...we should find out where do we sleep so we can get patched up" stated Rye, stopping suddenly, a few feet from the ship.

"Nice idea..." mused the girl.

Tag: Any really

8. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4

Out of courtesy, Kieran excused himself from the hold while the interview was being held and made his way to the loading ramp. Lowering it, he saw an attractive young girl and a rather beaten up looking boy standing outside.
    Don't really seem like spacer material, he thought to himself.
    Kieran walked down the ramp and asked skeptically "You two part of the crew?"

TAG: MoonlightsAngel
  9. MoonlightsAngel Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Azul and Rye

Before Rye could answer, he felt Azul nudge him warningly with her foot. She looked up at the young woman. Even with the black cheekbone and the way she favoured firts one side then the other, Rye immediatly knew what she was doing. Reading the man.

Keen ice blue eyes studied the man. Rye liked Azul's eyes, they had a nice gold ring around the pupils and a navy blue one around the iris, in between, her eyes were the colour of glaciars. Not that he had seen one in his life, but the Hutts said so...

Azul blinked, breaking into a friendly smile. He was no more than 29 years old, with brown hair and blue eyes, well taller than her. Not married. No children. The way he had talked, and the slight accent left no place for doubt, he had been born on Corsucant. The word 'Imperial Knight' popped on her head, but she quickly discarded it. Hadn't they left? She doubted her best talent for the first time in her life. But decided she really didn't want to know.

"Actually" her soft, amused voice finally came up "We are...I don't recall seeing you later, though" she swalowed hard as she started to feel a tad dizzy "Should I asume you were just recently hired?"

Her voice was polite and gentle, with a tiny trace of curiousity on it.

'Not good' Thought Rye as he noticed how very slightly she had paled down. Not that it made much difference to outsiders, but he had spent half of his life with her.

Tag: Darth_boba, anyone else.
  10. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4

"Yeah. I had an appointment for 1600," Kieran said. The girl seemed to be studying him, and if he had gotten a Force-sensitive vibe from her, he would have thought she was trying to invade his mind as well. They boy seemed to be watching her as she spoke, and Kieran could feel the kid's attachment to her.
    He's a little young for her, he thought jokingly.
    "Captain's got another one in there now, so I thought I'd come out for some fresh air."

11. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4

IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Cargo Bay, Fool?s Gamble 18:09 hours

Jav nodded slowly as he listened to Kraid tell of his past, his thoughts on the ship, and his work preferences. ?Myself and S2 were the ones here found the Gamble in a friend?s scrapyard on Ord Mantell and fixed her up. We needed a new ship and, because of some things I had done for him in the past, my friend said he owed me, let me take out the ship and any parts I could find for it to get it to run. It was quite the project?took a few months of sorting through trash and scrap?but all in all here she is, and she didn?t fall apart on her maiden voyage from Mantell to Coruscant so I take that as a sign that I did something right.?

Smiling, he weaved his fingers into his lap and recalled what else had been said so he could address it. ?As for the work we?ll be doing?. Well, you won?t see me raping and pillaging the poor and innocents of the galaxy for credits. Not my way. I?d like to think of myself as?a Merc with a heart. I have a code of life I like to uphold, even if it means turning down the ?easy? money. I won?t say such a lifestyle will be easy or that I?ll even survive it, perhaps that?s why Fool?s Gamble is so apropos, but I will do what I must to live how I will in this galaxy.? He paused and looked up, matching eyes with Kraid. ?As for government jobs, I want nothing to do with this Sith-controlled Empire and my job right now isn?t to get involved in some three-way civil war between Imperial factions and the Alliance, so I won?t be taking any jobs from the government themselves, but if there?s someone in trouble?that needs help and turns out to be aligned with one of these factions, I?ll do what I can to help even if it comes back to bite me. And also assuming that I?m not harboring a mass-murderer?in that case, his trip?s not going to be as pleasant as he thought it would. I like to think I?m a good judge of character. I have a few insights that most people don?t. Irregardless, Mr. Tynne, I?m impressed with your resume and the first-hand experience you have with our type of ship. If you would, I?d like to bring you onboard as our full-time engineer. What would you say??

TAG: Kraid
  12. ChinaMonroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    *Note, I'm picking up after the conversation with Kuze ended, as he hasn't posted in a while and I need to move on...*

IC: Sinya

After her conversation, Sinya decided to head back to the ship. It was later in the day, around 18:00 hours when she arrived back. She walked past Azul and Rye, grinning at the little boy and waving as she passed. She noticed Azul was talking to a rather prominate Human. She stole a quick glance at him, her amethyst eyes taking in enough information to keep walking past with a slight smile on her face.

Yeah. I had an appointment for 1600. Captain's got another one in there now, so I thought I'd come out for some fresh air. she heard him say as she walked past.

{{Two more crew members? Wow, he's lucky. Probably 'cause he's not worried about the drugs and such...}} the thought poped into her head, but she didn't mean it negativley. It was hard to find any decent job around that wasn't going to pry into your private life.

Instead of walking up into the ship, she decided to take a seat on some cargo boxes near the open door of the ship. Absently, she played with the end of one of her lekku as she thought about the day's events. Remembering she'd forgotten to turn off her comlink (so her old job wouldn't call looking for her), she slipped off her tan backpack and set it beside her as she rummaged through it. Finding her comlink, she quickly deactivated the "off" switch, and let it fall back into her bag. With a small sigh, she stretched out her long dancer legs, playing with her fishnets. Hopefully, the day would come to a close soon, she was already tired.

TAG Anyone
  13. MoonlightsAngel Jedi Knight

star 3
    00C: Jezuz!!!! It's all pink!!! Gyaaaaagh!!!!!! -dies- Mesa...choking...in...pink!!! -starts to freak out-

---------------------

"Captain's got another one in there now, so I thought I'd come out for some fresh air."

As she heard his voice, the word 'Imperial Knight' kept popping out and forcefully brushed aside. She also realized he had noticed her studying him, so she allowed a small smile to adorn her her face and shifted her position to a more relaxed one. She put up a hand as Sinya waved at them, smiling at her too.

"Another one?" she asked "Well, that's awsome...the more the merrier eh?"

She smiled warmly again, descreetly touching her bruised cheek. Now, that would hurt in a few hours, not to mention her back... She caught herself doing it and excused the movement by ticking a lose ringlet of auburn hair behind her ear, with the ease of an actress.

"So...what will you be doing if you don't mind my asking?"

Tag: Darth_Boba
  14. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4

By the time the girl had asked her question, Kieran had made his way to sit on one of the boxes stacked outside the ship.
    When she shifted to a more relaxed position, Kieran became aware of how trained and rigid his own stances were. Years of discipline and wearing the heavy armor of the Imperial Knights had trained Kieran to sit, stand, and move in a certain way. Consciously, he let himself relax a little.
    "Oh, nothing you'd find interesting I'm sure," Kieran said, placing the suggestion that she wasn't interested into the girl's mind. "And I'm sure Jav's got a better reason for hiring you, considering how young you are."

15. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cargo Bay, Fool?s Gamble 18:09 hours

A merc with a heart... never heard that one before... Kraid felt in a way that that applied to himself. Of course, he was not one that would put it into such "touchy feely" terms. "Touchy feely." You just wish that you weren't a big wuss deep down inside...

"Well, Captain, seeing how I'm impressed how you and your S2 put this girl back together again, and that you've given me a satisfying explanation of your views, which are close to mine..." Kraid wondered how long he could keep up with talking this professional. Eh. Not that long. "Heck, I'll take your offer, won't even ask you about the pay yet." A big smile swept across Kraid's face.

"So, Cap'n," Kraid finally regressing back into his normal speech while leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head, "noticed you had one fellow in here before our talk. A crew member? Any more of them? A capable bunch, I hope?"

TAG: Boran, or anyone
  16. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    Cargo Bay, Fool?s Gamble

"Heck, I'll take your offer, won't even ask you about the pay yet." A big smile swept across Kraid's face.

Almost as big as the man?s across from him, Jav smiled widely, reached over, and shook the man?s hand firmly. ?That?s great to hear, Mr. Tynne?or can I call you Kraid? Welcome aboard the Fool?s Gamble!?

"So, Cap'n, noticed you had one fellow in here before our talk. A crew member? Any more of them? A capable bunch, I hope?"

?Ahh, yes?the man in here before was a new hire by the name of Kieran Zass. Seems a capable sort. The rest of my crew,? he paused and inclined his head towards towards the landing ramp, ?it sounds as if there are a few of them outside. Why don?t you go meet them yourself instead of me telling you about them. Oh, and you can put your things over there for now,? he said, pointing towards a small pile of bags there in the bay. ?I?ll show you all to the crew bunk room before we leave. No one?s received a tour of the ship yet.?

TAG: Kraid, Anyone
  17. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Fool's Gamble

?Ahh, yes?the man in here before was a new hire by the name of Kieran Zass. Seems a capable sort. The rest of my crew,? he paused and inclined his head towards towards the landing ramp, ?it sounds as if there are a few of them outside. Why don?t you go meet them yourself instead of me telling you about them. Oh, and you can put your things over there for now,? he said, pointing towards a small pile of bags there in the bay. ?I?ll show you all to the crew bunk room before we leave. No one?s received a tour of the ship yet.?

"Sounds good, Cap'n," said Kraid as he put his gear where Boran indicated. Kraid then headed out of the cargo bay towards the voices coming from the ramp. As he stepped down the ramp, he was taken aback by not seeing the type of crew that he was accustomed to.

First there was a guy sitting on some boxes, built like a soldier but looked too clean cut to be a merc. Something odd about him registered in Kraid's head. Several boxes by him was a twi'lek... Female twi'lek! Of course dressed in her galactic standard garb. A crewmember? The only good thing female twi'leks are good for are... and Kraid remembered the several times he uttered that last line to several female twi'leks and receiving a good slap or punch from them in return. He couldn't help but laugh to himself. And then, talking to the clean cut guy were... kids??? On this ship??? Is the Cap'n running a daycare at the same time? Kraid looked at the little boy and not so little girl (who seemed to have taken a whooping somewhere along the way) and didn't know what to think about them. Well, at least the boy can get into some tight crawl spaces on the ship...

Still standing on the ramp, he grabbed the ramp machinery above him and leaned on it. He finally decided to speak up. "Hey, guys. Assume you're part of Cap'n Boran's crew? I'm Kraid, newly hired engineer." Kraid did a sweep across everyone trying to make eye contact. He couldn't help saying something about the boy and girl. "Hey, kids, uh... you doing okay with those bruised faces and bleeding lips?"

TAG: Kieran, Azul, Rye, Sinya
  18. MoonlightsAngel Jedi Knight

star 3

Uh oh was all Rye could think as the new man, Kraid, spoke to them. Did Azul really look so young? He studied her, and remember her 20th birthday was soon. He smiled at the thought, and remembered how she looked with make up and well dressed.

Kids... hissed Azul mentally, turning to face the man who had spoken, studying him with her iced piercing eyes. I'm starting to wonder...just how much will I last here?

"Nothing for anyone to worry about, thank you for asking" Answered the young woman, a tad icier than she would've liked. She felt Ryelee nudge her softly, so only she could see it.

"The name's Azul, by the way" she added, her tone a bit nicer. Ryelee nodded at the man.

Azul's bright eyes ran over him, information popping on her head: Early 30s, expert engineer, laid back, but not in exes, hazel eyes, brown hair, about 5 feet 10...rough guess. Once again not married and no children. He had the looks of someone who has not been in his own home for a while. Nice, but a bit too quick to judge, over all a nice guy.

It must be I'm ticked off then... pondered the auburn haired girl.

She grinned mentally, remembering the quick 'snap-crack' with which the boy's bone had been neatly broken at the elbow. She remembered the shock on his big, yellow eyes as he looked up at her, and it must've been quite confusing. One moment he's about to punch her square in the face, the next thing he knows, a younger, smaller human girl grabs his wrist, twists his arm and jams her free elbow on his own reddish-brown elbow. A smirk on her beautiful face, a clean, beautiful side kick on his ribs. Oh yeah, gorgeous indeed.

But 'Mother' had to come ruin my fun she complained mentally.

Another nudge.

Jeez, kid, I'm having good memories, can't you wait? she hissed mentally, looking down at the boy, who's lip had swollen greatly.

"Well, if you'll excuse us, we should get cleaned up" she stated, smiling warmly and guiding the boy by the hand, just as a jolt of pain on her back reminded her that she as well had had a good share of fist.

She walked inside, and looked at Rye, who stood stock still, listening and even sniffing the air a bit. Finally he guided her to where the Captain was comfortably sitting on a chair. She knocked giving him a smile.

"Sorry, Cap'n? she asked in Durese, a sheepish grin upon her face Got two tiny questions...first: Is there any way that you can show us where we sleep?...And second...do we have med. supplies on the ship or should I go buy 'em?

Tag: R_Zion
  19. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Fool's Gamble

"Well, if you'll excuse us, we should get cleaned up" she stated, smiling warmly and guiding the boy by the hand, just as a jolt of pain on her back reminded her that she as well had had a good share of fist.

"Okay, yeah you probably should..." responded Kraid, still puzzled by the two. He stepped aside and let them walk up the ramp into the Gamble. What the heck happened? Am I going to have to report a domestic violence case? And I don't think the girl like the "kid" comment too much, heh.

Kraid looked at the remaining two. Man, I hate first-time meetings. Awkward things, especially for a techie like me. He tried to think of something, an ice breaker.

"So, uh... anyone steal any stellar swoops lately?"

Kraid was pretty bad at breaking the ice.

TAG: Kieran, Sinya
  20. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4

Kieran chuckled at Kraid's awkward icebreaker.
    "I was going to talk about the weather, but I suppose that'll do."
    He extended a hand toward the man, and said "Hi. I'm Kieran."

TAG: sprintabm
  21. sprintabm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Fool's Gamble

Kieran chuckled at Kraid's awkward icebreaker.
    "I was going to talk about the weather, but I suppose that'll do."
    He extended a hand toward the man, and said "Hi. I'm Kieran."

Kraid shook Kieran's hand back. "Well, EVERYONE talks about the weather. Get's a bit old, you know?" Kraid laughed. Wow, that pathetic attempt worked.

"So yeah, Cap'n Boran just hired me as engineer for the ship. I screw around with starships and related stuff, that's my trade, it's taken me all over the galaxy and I'm ready to get off this blasted piece of metal that they call Coruscant. So, what's your line of work? Merc heavy hitter? You look it. Go bashing down doors and such?"

22. ChinaMonroe Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sinya listened to the two men conversate, grinning to herself. {{The ship's crew gets more intresting by the hour}} she thought.

Opening her pack, she dug around until she came across her blaster, a sleek and shiny WESTAR-40, and a thin cleaning cloth. For the line of work she did, she was a bit OCD. She began to disassemble some of the parts, cleaning them as she went. After putting it back together, she slipped it back in her pack and pulled out the few pieces of jewelry she had, although they wern't worth very much, and began to polish and clean those too.

Sighing lightly, she shoved everything back into her pack and looked back at the two men talking.

So yeah, Cap'n Boran just hired me as engineer for the ship. I screw around with starships and related stuff, that's my trade, it's taken me all over the galaxy and I'm ready to get off this blasted piece of metal that they call Coruscant. So, what's your line of work? Merc heavy hitter? You look it. Go bashing down doors and such?

"You screw around with them?" She raised her eyebrow (do twi'lek's have eyebrows??!) at his comment. "Doesn't sound too promising." She grinned at them, hopping of the boxes.

TAG Tynne and Zass

23. darth_Boba Jedi Master

star 4

"Yeah, pretty much," Kieran said.
    Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the Twi'lek had been almost compulsively cleaning her blaster and some pieces of jewelery.
    Making a vague innuendo about Kraid's word choice, she hopped off the boxes she was sitting on. Continuing the joke, Kieran said "You know, if you're into machines, they do make droids for that kind of thing."

TAG: sprintabm, ChinaMonroe
  24. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Captain Jav Boran
    Cargo Bay, Fool?s Gamble

"Sorry, Cap'n? Azul asked in Durese, a sheepish grin upon her face. ?Got two tiny questions...first: Is there any way that you can show us where we sleep?...And second...do we have med. supplies on the ship or should I go buy 'em??
    ?Follow me,? he said in Durese with a slight moan as he stood up before continuing in basic, ?While I thank you for speaking in my parent tongue, I am fully fluent in basic. I assume that?d be easier for you.?

Making his way from the corner of the cargo bay to a corridor not far away, Jav led Azul and Ryelee to a small doorway not far down. It was a relatively large room for their size of ship, rather spartan in appearance, and inside were 5 bunk beds. ?Here?s the crew?s bunk room. On the far side of the room is the closet. If you need the ?fresher, it?s down the hall a few doors. If there?s ever a back-up, come down to my quarters and you can use my private ?fresher. As for medical supplies, there?s a small medical station at the opposite end of this corridor near the lift tubes.?

TAG: Ryelee/Azul
  25. MoonlightsAngel Jedi Knight

star 3

?While I thank you for speaking in my parent tongue, I am fully fluent in basic. I assume that?d be easier for you.?

"Yeah I know" she answered, a bit distractedly as she inspected the place with her keen eyes "I guess it's just a reflex...don't take it wrong..."

?Here?s the crew?s bunk room. On the far side of the room is the closet. If you need the ?fresher, it?s down the hall a few doors. If there?s ever a back-up, come down to my quarters and you can use my private ?fresher. As for medical supplies, there?s a small medical station at the opposite end of this corridor near the lift tubes.?

As soon as he heard that, Rye disappeared through the door, heading for where the Duros had stated the medical station was. He wasn't at all a medic, like Azul, but he at least would know if they needed anything.

"Thanks, Cap'n" Azul smiled, nodding at the Duros.

Tag: R_Zion
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.