main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ?Legacy III? (The Next Instalment of the Classic Series) New Jedi Vs Sith War *Virtue of the Jedi*

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jedi_Daniel, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Corellia,The Jagged Edge Cantina

Luminara watched as the Devaronian sat accross from her, smiling broadly. To say he was drunk was putting it mildly. His breath was very potent as he leaned in to speak.

""Greetings, pretty,pretty, yum, yum. Gronnax here believes you cast a love spell on him...could not resist your Love call..."
    [/i]
    He smiled even more and leaned in even closer.
    "I know of a fun,fun,place for us....lots of credits to spend Gronnax has, yes? Come play with Gronnax pretty,pretty, yum,yum....no regret you will."

Luminara decided to try disuading the Devaronian first.

"Hello, Gronnax", Luminara replied, keeping her face cordial, her eyes shop. One hand under the table, she decided she would try a mind trick, and redirect his...efforts. He was already drunk, it shouldnt be too hard. She hoped.

"Go to your fun, fun place, and let a pretty find you there, yes?"

Luminara could feel Brand's aggrivation, as his partner was effectively blocking his view.

"Stay calm" Luminara sent to Brand, as she waited to see if her mind trick worked.

TAG: greyjedi125

2. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002

"Go to fun,fun place and pretty will find Gronnax there, yes,yes,...Gronnax go and wait for pretty,pretty."

The Devaronian got up and stumbled. He recovered his equilibrium and headed towards the door.

Benares stopped laughing and looked at his departing partner with curiosity and some suspicion.
    Brand took the opportunity and slipped past Benares and headed towards Luminara without looking back.
    Some of the other patrons chuckled at the turn of events and Benares shot Brand an icy look.

"We meet again..." he said in Brand's direction in a menacing tone before going after Gronnax.

Brand reached Luminara at their booth and sat down, handing her her drink.

"I believed you ordered a Drink...yes?" he said somewhat mocking the devaronians.
    He looked back and was satisfied to see the Devaronians go...he noticed the barkeep nod respectfully at him.

"I think he knows something..." he whispered to Luminara, tentatively tasting his drink.

[Tag:Ktala]

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Luminara nodded Brand made his way back to the table. She made a slight face when he talked the way the Devaronian did. She tasted her drink.

"I think he knows something..." Brand whispered to Luminara.

Luminara's face became thoughtful. "Perhpas we can use that to our advantage. Maybe our friendly bartender can give us some info about any unusual activities."

She suddenly smiled.

"Luckly, that Devaronian was drunk. I doubt that I could have handled him quite that easy if he wasnt."

She shrugged her shoulders. "Besides, the one who was talking with you, looked quite upset."

TAG: Greyjedi125

4. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Corellia, The Jagged Edge Cantina

Brand gave a short disbelieving laugh.

"You're just being modest.." he said and finished his drink. He wrinkled his nose...not sure if the drink was alcohol or synthahol, but certain that drinks were not to his liking.
    "...I think you could have taken him with no problem." He did not verbalize his following thoughts. If Luminara taught Barris her fighting skills, he seriously doubted that the Devaronians posed any threat.
    Brand looked into his empty glass and shook his head slightly, obviously concentraiting and focusing for the task at hand.
    He sighed, cleared his throat, and put on his 'game face'. Now back in character, he gave Luminara a roughish smile.

"I'll be right back...I'm just going to strike a conversation with the Barkeep and those by the bar, let's see how much these...drinks have loosened their tounges, who knows, maybe we'll get a lead."

As he stood up to go, he spoke in a low and deliberate voice.

"watch my back, and anyone who may look too interested in our movements."

Then he turned towrads the bar in an amicable manner.

"I think i need a stronger drink..." he announced as he went.

It was obvious some patrons were amused by the incident with the Devaronians, but not so obvious were the ones that were not so amused.

[tag:Ktala]

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Luminara was slowly sipping her drink. She used a touch of the Force, to help her keep her head clear.

Brand gave a laugh. Your just being modest.." he said and finished his drink. He wrinkled his nose...not sure if the drink was alcohol or synthahol, but certain that drinks were not to his liking.
    "...I think you could have taken him with no problem."

Luminara only tilted her head to the side.

I'll be right back...I'm just going to strike a conversation with the Barkeep and those by the bar, see what how much these...drinks have loosened their tounges, who knows, maybe we'll get a lead."

"Agreed."

As he stood up to go, he spoke in a low and deliberate voice.

"watch my back, and anyone who may look too interested in our movements."

"Of course. I shall be on guard." Luminara replied.

Then he turned towrads the bar.
    "I think i need a stronger drink..." he announced as he went.

It was obvious some patrons were amused by the incident with the Devaronians, Luminara paid atention to the ones not so obvious. She stretched her thoughts out, to get a feeling of the mood within the bar. She looked for anything that seemed dangerious.

She contemplated her drink, as she used her abilities to keep track of the movemnt within the place.

She hoped that Brand would be able to find something useful.

6. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Revisha looked at Kir when he had asked the question she was thinking in her mind. Revisha then stared forward as they saw a cave not too far ahead.

"What are we to find in this cave to know if Obi-Wan's there?" she managed to get out to him as she held her hood close for the wind keep blowing in.

Tag: Jedi-Daniel/Quinn

7. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

As Brand neared the bar, on of the mechanic's smiled at him,nodding and motioned for him to come over. He got off his barstool and offered it to Brand.

"Good show there, green eyes...those two, they are always bullying newcomers for fun, 'bout time someone showed 'em." he said patting Brand in the back in congradulatory manner.

"Thanks, the name is Brand by the way."
    replied Brand taking the seat that was offered to him.

" Those two are regulars here and have many friends....they don't like being ridiculed in public and are known to hold a grudge."

"Then next time I'll ridicule them in private." Brand countered jokingly.
    This caused some laughter amongst those within earshot of the conversation and helped to dispell any remaining tension.
    The Barkeep automatically refilled Brand's empty glass. Brand looked up and caught the barkeep's appraising look.

"...Haven't seen the likes of you or your Lady friend around these parts...what brings you to Coronet?"the mechanic asked with genuine curiosity,but Brand sensed the sudden shift in attention from other patrons.
    No doubt so had Luminara.

"Our business is our own...but what can you tell me about the Polaris Star, we missed our rendez-vous by a few days."

At the mention of the Polaris Star, there was a palpable unspoken reaction amongst all who heard the question. Uneasyness, surprise, suspicion, curiosity and other feeling of the sort played through the mechanic's emotional spectrum as well as the others while he hesitated to answer the question.
    The mechanic's eyes glanced over to the barkeep questioningly and though Brand did not follow his gaze, he could see the Barkeep's slight nod in response through his peripheral vision.

"The Polaris Star eh?"echoed the mechanic.

"Well, you're not the only one interested in her. The ship is quaranteened and is being held for investigation. This will probably ruin the ship's Captain's business and he's beside himself with anger...."

Brand tried not to act surprised and instead affected deep interest. He felt guilt at hearing the bad turn of events for the captain.

"...An investigation,why?"

"Apparently some nasty Jedi business went on aboard her."

At this, many people shifted uncomfortably in their seats. Brand did not have to look around to sense it, yet continued with his interview. He took a sip of his drink and inwardly regreted it. This stuff was poison.

"Jedi business...what do you mean...?"

The mechanic shifted his stance and looked a bit uncomfortable, but continued with the story.

"Well...uh..the details aren't clear,but some Jedi was found in pretty bad condition and unconcious in one of the Cargo holds. Some crew members where found dead and dismembered near him. Everyone thought him to be guilty, but the killings aboard the ship continued even as he was recovering in the infermary.
    Those being killed were mostly starport security, and seeing how it could not have been him, the authorities declared the jedi innocent before he even gained conciousness..."

The memories came back in a flood to Brand.
    It was all too incredible. In his mind, he saw Barris's face and heard her eerie chuckle. He re-lived their battle in a flash as he remembered the cargo hold. He held his emotions in check. Many innocents had died and he could not protect them, for he was too consumed with grief.
    He felt the mechanic staring at him.

"wow..that's some story, quite incredible."
    Brand took another sip of his drink and hid his expression behind the glass.
    In the Force, he sensed that someone in the room had developed a keen interest in him and Luminara. It was one of the Rodians.
    Brand couldn't see too well as he siped his drink, but he thought he saw the little alien speak into a communicator. Brand could not hear for he was too far and the music too loud.
    The mechanic ordered a drink and continued with his story. he seemed a bit more relaxed now. He gave a short nervous laugh.

"I tell you, the

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Luminara had been scanning the area, feeling out the general feeling within the room.

Brand was at the bar, talkng to a couple of mechanics. Everything was doing well until he mentioned the Polaris Star.

The Force practically screamed at her. The tension in the room went through the roof.

She listened to the conversation.

"Apparently some nasty Jedi business went on aboard her."

At this, many people shifted uncomfortably in their seats.

"Jedi business...what do you mean...?"

The mechanic shifted his stance and looked a bit uncomfortable, but continued with the story.

"Well...uh..the details aren't clear, but some Jedi was found in pretty bad condition and unconcious in one of the Cargo holds. Some crew members where found dead and dismembered near him. Everyone thought him to be guilty, but the killings aboard the ship continued even as he was recovering in the infermary. Those being killed were mostly starport security, and seeing how it could not have been him, the authorities declared the jedi innocent before he even gained conciousness..."

Luminara realized that they were talking about Brand. She could feel his sorrow at not being able to help any of them. She found herself strengthing her shields.

Luminara saw movement....A Rodian. Talking into something, probably a comlink. She wondered if he was talking to local forces..doubtful...or perhaps to the two "friends" that they had met eariler that night. He would have to wait for now.

She concentrated back on the main conversation.

"I tell you, the funny thing is...ever since then, there's been some local copycat killings in the area. The authorities are on a manhunt...but for who or what is unclear

Luminara's heart jumped. Barriss? A manhunt. that ment that they didnt have much time. The needed to find her, and quickly. She would find her.

She waited until Brand came back to their booth. She talked in low tones.

"I think we have enough. We need to get out of here. Luminara finished her drink.

"I have an idea. But, we need to get someplace more in the outskirts. Somplace that would make it hard for her to escape. And we have to do it quickly."

Luminara winked at Brand. She leaned up close to his ear, over the table.

"Im going to act drunk. You help me out of here. If anybody want to try anything, it would be the perfect time."

She giggled, leaning back into the booth. Luminara closed her eyes sleeply, to small slits. She picked up her empty glass, and turned it over. "All gone."

She giggled again.

9. Adelaide

Adelaide Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Shielah stood beside Revisha and Kir for a moment, then went ahead. "Let's get there first, it's too cold to just be standing here and the cave walls will block the wind," she shouted back at them over the wind, then she walked toward the cave Revisha had seen earlier.

10. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    ?Obi-Wan?s in there alright.? said Strider as he followed Sheilah, ?We?ll make a base at the entrance of the cave, set up supplies then make our way in.?

Tag: Everyone.

11. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Sam'oht

"Sam'oht plant the charges and get out!"
    "I copy" The Twi'lek planted his bombs and started to make a run for the hanger.

The hanger doors opened reveling the frost covered docking bay. But Sam'oht wasn't alone a hooded woman stood in the middle waiting on him. Sam'oht opened his red blade as the woman opened both ends of her double bladed blue lightsaber.

Kite'Ti

"Abandon the walker!" Ti said as the hull started taking damage.
    Ti lowered himself on the rope that had brought him up. He found himself on the frozen battle field once more.
    "This better be worth the price we paid!" He said to himself. He opened both of his blue blades and went back into the battle.

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Corellia, Jagged Edge Cantina

Brand grinned in agreement with Luminara's clever plan. Then he put on an 'annoyed' face at Luminara's inability to 'hold her liquor'.

"Lets Go, I think you've had enough" He said gruffly for the benefit of anyone listening as he helped Luminara from the booth and leaned her against him.
    Their act was quite believable, seeing how other patrons got out of their way as he led them out of the cantina.
    As they walked up the small stairs that led to the Main entrance,Brand felt in the Force, the unmistakable sensation that their exit was being observed quite intently. He was sure Luminara could feel it too.
    For the sake of realism, Brand did not hurry and kept a steady pace.
    When they emerged from the Cantina, Brand looked over and saw the Weequay 'guard' leering at them.
    Brand did not like that look at all.... then he felt a warning in the Force.
    He slowly looked over in the direction of their parked Landspeeder and saw about a dozen swoopbikes...all with less than desirable looking riders of mixed species sporting a variety of weapons.
    Brand shook his head and felt anger starting to boil inside him. He hated gangs of any sort...including swoopgangs. He tried not to think of his murdered Master...then a voice caught his attention.

"Well, well, well...hellos again say I... had a bit much to drink eh?, pretty,pretty. Man-boy here not good keeper...Let Benares assisst you, no charge yes?"

It was One of the Devaronians, and he was looking quite pleased with himself.

"Luminara...I think we may have some trouble." Brand said mentally to the Jedi Master.

[tag:Ktala] ;)

13. Quinnithxtherol

Quinnithxtherol Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    Dropping behind Sam'oht, Lord Hoth ignited his lightsaber as well.

"Caught in a trap, I see," Hoth said, "You will have to fight one of us, young Jedi. Choose. This whole complex will explode in a few minutes, and you'll be stuck, dead with us."

Tag: goo_child

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Corellia, Jagged Edge Cantina

Luminara had quickly told Brand her plan for leaving the bar. He flashed her a quick grin. Then he put on a stern face, clearly annoyed at her.

"Lets Go, I think you've had enough" He said gruffly for the benefit of anyone listening. Luminara leaned against him, as they led their way out of the cantina.

Luminara caught a tremor of warning within the Force. Someone was definatelly interested in their departure. As someone was probably waiting for them outside. As the reached the top of the stairs, the 'guard' was learing at them. Luminara internal warning increased dramatically.

Outside, over in the direction of their parked Landspeeder they saw about a dozen swoopbikes...all with less than desirable looking riders of mixed species sporting a variety of weapons.

As Luminara stood, still leaning onto Brand, she fould feel his anger slowly seeping from him. She gently moved the hand that was near his chest.

//Stay calm Brand. Anger will do us no good now.//

Then, they both heard a voice....

"Well, well, well...hellos again say I... had a bit much to drink eh?, pretty,pretty. Man-boy here not good keeper...Let Benares assisst you, no charge yes?"

It was the other Devaronian, and he was looking quite pleased with himself.

"Luminara...I think we may have some trouble." Brand sent to her mentally.

She leaned closer into him.
    //Perhaps..// she sent back to him.

She was keeping an eye on the 'guard' as she she appeared to be sleeply wavering on her legs.

She chuckled. "Man-boy...that's cute. What you think Man-boy..should I let *hick* ..Barr.. Benares assist me?..no charge or course!"..She brought her hand to her face, as if trying to stifle a yawn.

Luminara was picking up the emotions from the others in the group. At the moment, only Benares seemed a threat. The others were chuckling, presuming that she was probably too drunk to be much to be a threat. And with 12..possible 13 to one odds in their favor..they werent worried.

Luminara looked at the group..."Ohhh..swoopbikes. Are they fast?"

Luminara put her hand on Brand as she straighted up just slightly. She sent to him. //If I get to Benares, the others will probably back down. If not, we run. We fight only if everything else fails. If we get seperated there was a Inn, near where we landed. Meet there.//

Luminara waited for a response.

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Corellia, outside The Jagged Edge Cantina

Brand mentally acknowledged Luminara's words and kept up his 'upset' appearance. His anger had quickly vanished at the confidence and control that Luminara projected...she was truely a Jedi Master.
    By the way the swoopgang was reacting to her 'drunken anticts' she had gained control of the situation through subtlety and sublimation.
    Even Benares seemed amused by this and had unwittingly dropped his guard.
    The Weequay who hungered for action was not so amused, but it was obvious he was waiting for Benares to give the word.
    Both Brand and Luminara were hyper-alert to all those present, thanks to the Force.

"Whatever your plan is, i think it's working..." Brand sent mentally to Luminara, as well as a wave of pure admiration.

He would have fallen into the 'confrontation' these thugs were hoping for.
    Luminara had shown the wisdom and ability to possibly avert such an outcome.
    He still had much to learn...and for a second, he thought of his slain master before returning his attention to the scene unfolding before him.

[tag: Ktala]

16. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Sam'oht saw didn't know what to do. Then he saw the ice on the celing. He reached out and shot green lightning from his finger tips.(It's from the New Jedi Order book series.) The ice started falling toward the floor. Sam'oht didn't stay turned around long enough to see what happend to the Sith lord. He turned and blocked an attack from the lightstaff welding woman. He held his lightsaber up high as the attack came in. Then, seeing what the woman would do before she did it, he blocked down then back up in one swift action. The woman's second high attack left the area around her ankle open. He jabed for that foot when her blue blade came crashing down to meet his red blade. The woman jumped over Sam'oht and went into a 360 spin with one end of her lightstaff pointing at Sam'oht's waist. He almost didn't block the powerful attack in time. Sam'oht came back up and just to the right just in time to block a blow from that direction. He then spun around and blocked an attack aimed for his knee. He turned and went straight for her neck. Her blade met his and they held there 'sabers locked. They looked at each other dead in the eye. Then the woman yelped out in pain as the other blade struck her own foot. Using the one second of confusion Sam'oht came up under her right arm and removed it from her body. He then turned when he sensed lord Hoth still alive

tag: Quinn

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Luminara smiles as she felt Brand's anger fade within him. He kept up his apperance of being upset, like he said.

Benares had dropped his guard, as had the rest of the gang. Good. She perfered to get through this without having to draw her weapons.

The weequay 'guard' on the other hand, was diffrent. She would have to keep an eye on him. The next step would be critical.

//"Whatever your plan is, i think it's working..."// Brand sent o Luminara.

**hic** "Ohhh...pretty!"

Luminara quickly sends to Brand. //I will draw them away from the speeder. Pretend to get mad with me, and act like you are going to leave me here. Get IN the speeder. I shall do the rest...//

Luminara pushes Brand away from her.

"Man-Boy no fun. Dosent have a nice, pretty pretty bike." She weaves over, heading to the swoopbike the farthest from the speeder. She is blinking alot, and appears to be looking at the bike. "Ohhh...you didnt say if...if they were fast!" She stumbles and bumps into a riderless bike.

She watches as Brand makes his way to the speeder.

18. Quinnithxtherol

Quinnithxtherol Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2002
    Lord Hoth created a Force Bubble around himself just before the icicles hit, and then moved them away, one by one.

He watched the fight with interest, then realized that the Twi'lek was trying to escape, and quickly.

He must have planted bombs.

"Everyone evacuate!" he yelled into his comm as he shot force lightning at Sam'oht.

He then ran to the nearest ship, and prepared to take off.

Tag: goo

19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Corellia, outside the jagged Edge Cantina

Brand sent Luminara acknowledgement thru the Force and said..."May the Force be with us", to her mentally before enacting his part of the plan.

"Man-boy no fun eh?" He said suddenly in a very irritated manner as Luminara pushed him away.

"I guess you preffer the company of these...."

He did not finish the sentence and made a sound of frustration.

"Fine then!...suit yourself!!!"

He then started towards the Landspeeder.

All of the thugs present found their exchange highly entretaining.

"...but you did'nt say if they were fast..." Brand heard Luminara say as she stumbled over to the furthermost swoopbike from the speeder.

"Swoopbike much fast, fast...Benares happy to show pretty,pretty."

Benares walked over slowly towards Luminara and the swoopbike with a triumphant swagger as the other gang members cheered him on.

Brand was almost upon the speeder as the others fell for Luminara's distraction when the Weequay ran up to him...he had a blaster leveled at Brand and pointing at his midsection.

"Not sso fasst Man-boy, Benaress Issn't done with you yyet."

His voice was full of malice and Brand could feel the edginess in him. This one did not need an excuse to open fire.

Brand was confident that he had the speed to 'whip out' his lightsaber and cut off the Weequay's hand, but what would that prove? It would only reveal who they were and jeopardize their mission.
    Brand reached into the LightSide of the Force, and sent a powerful wave of serenity to the Weequay.

"I am no threat to you...certainly you can see that, Benares already has what he wants and won't be too upset that I 'managed' to escape, besides, hunting me down might be alot of fun....don't you think?"

Brand spoke in soft reasuring tones, he did not move or in anyway do anything that might trigger a negative reaction from the Weequay, who at the moment was deep in thought considering the logic of Brand's words and feeling relaxed...and maybe just a bit benevolent.

The Weequay looked over to where Benares and the others were making merry with Luminara as entretainment. Brand took that opportunity to slip quickly into the Landspeeder and gun the engines. he was pretty sure he knew what Luminara had in mind, so he whipped the speeder around, Knocking the Weequay down and aimed for Luminara.
    He had no doubt there would be an ensuing chase, and he welcomed it...his piloting skills where near Legenday amongst the Jedi.

[Tag: Ktala]

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

"Man-boy no fun eh?" Brand said suddenly in a very irritated manner as Luminara pushed him away.

"I guess you preffer the company of these...."

Brand made a sound of frustration.

"Fine then!...suit yourself!!!"

He then started towards the Landspeeder.

All of the thugs present found their exchange highly entretaining.

Luminara kept her eye on Brands progress to the speeder. She leaned over, and stroked the swoopbikes handles.

"Swoopbike much fast, fast...Benares happy to show pretty,pretty."

Benares walked over slowly towards Luminara and the swoopbike with a triumphant swagger as the other gang members cheered him on.

Brand was almost upon the speeder as the others fell for Luminara's distraction when the Weequay ran up to him...he had a blaster leveled at Brand and pointing at his midsection.

"Not sso fasst Man-boy, Benaress Issn't done with you yyet."

Luminara felt as Brand reached deep into the Force, and sent a powerful wave of serenity to the Weequay. He began speaking to the guard in soft tones.

The Weequay looked over to where Benares and the others were making merry with Luminara as entretainment.

Brand took that opportunity to slip quickly into the Landspeeder and gun the engines. he was pretty sure he knew what Luminara had in mind, so he whipped the speeder around, Knocking the Weequay down and aimed for Luminara.

WHen Luminara heard the speeder start up, she smiled. Leaning towards Benares, she traced the shape of his horns with her finger. She breathed heavly.

"Bike very fast yes? Let's find out." Straddling the bike she quickly gunned the swoopbikes engines. At the same time she grabbed Benares by his collar and launched the bike high into the air, quickly dissapearing down the street.

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Corellia, Coronet Starport

Brand saw Luminara take-off ina swoopbike while grabbing Benares by the collar. He quickly followed her lead in the speeder and covered her rear.

"She's crazier than I am" he found himself saying. He was really admireing Luminara at the moment and hoped that she was as strong in the force as he imagined.
    To handle a swoopbike, one required both hands and Luminara was riding single handed while holding on to a 100kg Devaronian male.
    He tried not to think of what would happen if she let go of him.
    Meanwhile, Benares was holding on to Luminara's arm for dear life.

"No drop I, No drop I...how much credit you want!! Benares has much credits! No drop I!!"

The Devaronian pleaded in a loud voice as he held on with a vice grip.
    Below in the streets, people pointed at the speeding vehicles, some even cheered in excitement and amazement.

Behind Brand, he could hear the engines of at least four swoop bikes fast approaching.
    A laser blast went wide and missed him as he followed Luminara into a turn.

"I hope she knows where she's going"

Brand said to himself and hoped there were no sudden dead ends along these streets.
    He also wonder how soon would it take the local authorities to get involved....that was, if they cared at all.

[tag:Ktala]

22. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Luminara raced off down the streets holding on to the now terrified Devoranian.
    Brand was close behind.

Meanwhile, Benares was holding on to Luminara's arm for dear life.

"No drop I, No drop I...how much credit you want!! Benares has much credits! No drop I!!"

Luminara scanned down the alleyway, and found what she was looking for. She ducked into a narrow alleyway, barely visible.
    //Keep going! Meet you at the Inn.// she sent to Brand.

Using the Force, she pulled Benares up close to her, his feet still dangling high above. "You're right Benares. Pretty swoop is VERY fast."

She stared hard at him, enhancing her commands with the Force. "You are going to be VERY VERY NICE to me and my friend Benares. And you will make credits. Much MUCH credits."

She gagued his reactions thru the Force. He was still terrified of being dropped...but the mention of MANY credits had him intreaged. Money was outweiging vengence.

She smiled. But kept him dangling. His fear of being dropped was keeping the rest of his mind occupied. She could hear the chasing swoops going by. She waited until they had passed.

"You tell me what goes on around here...and you will be BIG MAN. Gang will think you are Big boss man, yes..."

"YES...YES...big boss...lots of money. Benares was still clutching on to her arm.

Luminara nodded..."Good." She pulled him close to her again. "Thank you Benares. I had fun...You had fun too."

Benares was nodding his head, like crazy. He just wanted to get down.

Removing his weapons, Luminara dropped the bike low, so that she could let Benares down.

As soon as she did, she gunned the bike again, looking to catch up with Brand.

TAG!

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002

Brand was intent on piloting the speeder and making himself a hard target,zig zagging from side to side.
    Those on their swoop bikes had a hard time shooting at him and driving their swoops at such high speeds.
    Brand saw an intersection fast approaching and he instinctively knew what to do, and knew that Luminara would be inspired to do the same.
    As soon as they were upon the intersection, Brand and Luminara each went in a different direction, forcing their persuers to split up.
    Two swoop bikes went after Luminara, while only one of two managed to follow Brand.
    The one right behind Brand was too focused on nailing him with his blaster shots that he missed the turn all together....a fatal mistake.
    Brand heard the explotion of a crash far behind him and was intent in loosing his last persuer.
    He quickly stretched out with the Force and sensed that Luminara had cleverly evaded her persuers. He noded in satisfaction and though of what a great Jedi Master she was.
    He quickly pushed those thoughts aside as a laser bolt nearly scored the speeder.
    The buildings were alot closer here and there were lots of elevated crosswalks between them...Brand saw an opportunity here.
    Without a second thought, he set the Speeder into a steep climb that he was sure the swoop could perform...if the rider was capable.
    Brand gained altitude and still heard the persuing swoop engine, but knew that he could not be fired upon during such a maneuver.

"Now you'll see what Jedi can do." Brand said to himself as he called upon the force to assisst him.

He turned the steep climb into a g-crunching loop and barrel rolled at the end of it.
    He could feel the G-force hammering at him and used the force to remain conscious.
    Not really caring if the swoopbike was able to complete the loop, Brand inverted the speeder and dove for one of the main streets, and at the last second starightened out and did a 90 degree turn and went into a small alley with the speeder turned on its side.
    Needless to say, the persuing swoopbike was no longer on his tail.

"Thank the Force..." he said.

Brand drove slowly and merged with regular traffic, just incase there were others still looking for him. He then activated his communicator and attempted to reach Luminara.

"Pretty, Pretty...This is Man-boy, do you copy? my tail is clean, how about yours?"

He was surprised at himelf,joking like that, but he was really greatful that things turned out the way they did...as the saying goes, 'It could have been worse.'

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

Luminara is homming in on Brand's signal when her comlink beeps. She responds, and hears...

"Pretty, Pretty...This is Man-boy, do you copy? my tail is clean, how about yours?"

Luminara grinned as she sat atop the swoopbike. It was nice to see that his sense of humor was intact. She laughed softly.

"Man-boy...this is..."Luminara made a face as she said it.." pretty pretty...Im clean. I suggest we get together."

TAG:Greyjedi125

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Corellia,Coronet Starport

Brand received Luminara's message and agreed.

"Copy that pretty,pretty,...send me your coordinates so i can pick you up. I think you should abandon your ride before we head to the Inn."

Brand's communicator relayed the message to his data-pad and Luminara's coordinates appeared instantly.

"On my way." He spoke into his communicator,and left it on to best monitor Luminara as he headed in her direction.
    He didn't want to take the chance of anyone recognizing the swoopbike she had "borrowed".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.