main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought the reason was because he didn't want Jaina to have divided loyalties. Unless they do something terrible to Vitor Reige, I don't see him going back, at least not until after the ST

2. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Jaina's not a static character either. Maybe the events of Sword of the Jedi change how she sees the Jedi Order and the Galactic Alliance, and she wants to see how she and Jag can make the Empire a decent alternative. We don't know, and saying that this large gap of time between Apocalypse and Legacy is completely untenable doesn't make any sense.

3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I want Rus to face justice. I've always imagined him making his way to Bastion to pledge himself and the Imperial Mission to Marasiah's Empire in the aftermath of the Battle of Coruscant, and then finding himself alone with Sia and Draco in the Empress's office. She's like "Ah, Moff Rus, it sure is a shame that Krayt discovered my father had retaken this planet so quickly." "Yes, well, if those two Imperial Knights hadn't made that daring rescue of you, perhaps you could have fooled him for longer. Now, about the Mission..." "But here's what's always bothered me, Konrad. Draco and Krieg's TIE predators were destroyed when they landed on Vendaxa, and the Sith couldn't have traced their navigational data. So Krayt must have found out some other way." "Yes, herm, very peculiar... now, my Missionaries..." "And Astraal told me that she was in contact with someone during our time on Vendaxa" BAM Draco force-shoves Rus hard against the wall and pins him there "It was you, Konrad. Wasn't it? You told Krayt. You were willing to sacrifice my father and me to the Sith just so that your precious Mission could survive."

Don't get me wrong, I like Konrad. But the dude's gotta get at least a slap on the wrist when he tries to rejoin the Felpire.

General Immodet likes this.
  4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Think of it this way: how much stuff happened in the 90 years leading up to FotJ? Does the status quo in 50 BBY lead directly into that of 40 ABY?

RC-1991 likes this.
  5. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Yeah, FOTJ's sudden turnaround on the Triumvirate and Jag as leader of the Empire was nothing more than last-ditch face-saving backtracking when they had a last-minute realization that it's too early in the timeline to set up Legacy simply for the sake of setting up Legacy. And possibly last-minute inspiration to tell their own story rather than letting Legacy tell it for them, but let's not give them too much credit.

CooperTFN likes this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There will probably be cameos and plenty of references, but the stories of so many characters are basically finished (with a few key exceptions). And the new authors will, without a doubt, want to create their own main characters. It's world-building and direction that I think they'll build on John and Jan's work the most, while being very original and offering their own spin too.

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, this is pretty awesome news. Thank you, DH. Thank you.

8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Astraal Vao should return as well. I don't think we ever saw her after Vendaxa.

9. TychoCorde

TychoCorde Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2012
    Yes I agree, he did get too much spotlight, especially when characters that were more interesting we back burnered.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    To a degree, yes, the main characters' arc is finished - Cade, Jariah, Blue but the supporting characters? No, far from it. It isn't either-or and SW EU needs a stronger, more collaborative ethos as it's been severely lacking for the last decade, much to the EU's detriment.

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Not that I have any huge need for more Cade just now, but saying his story was done after War is like saying Luke's was done after Endor.

ma_petite likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I don't really see the link Coop, Cade and Luke I see as very different characters - Luke will keep protecting the galaxy from new threats post-Endor, Cade post-Krayt? Nah, he's done, I can see him actually doing what Bantha told him to - disappear.

13. Randy_Stradley

Randy_Stradley Dark Horse Comics Editor and Author star 2 VIP

Apr 23, 2002
    I've been reading the posts here and smiling at much (most) of the speculation.

I'll just mention this one thing, because some of you have apparently forgotten it: K'Kruh's hat was destroyed back in issue #6 of Dark Times (the beginning of Volume 2, Parallels).

14. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Trollolololol

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    He still needs to hunt down Nihl. Plus plenty of stuff to flesh out Family Wise.

Still if we had to follow around Skywalker/Solos rather follow around Bantha's Family. Marsiah might be interesting but then again she mostly has a desk job now. Although this only matters if this is in the same time range.

16. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I hope to god there is no; Cade, Stazi or Hat man. Unless they all die in the first page in some mean and humiliating way.

17. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    LIES!

The hat can never truly be destroyed. [face_not_talking]

Zorrixor and GrandMasterKatarn like this.
  18. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Forever, though? Dude's like 20.

But...but.....

:_|

19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Everyone, everyone, deep breaths, let's all relax, just relax...

Randy has simply fallen for the Hat's disappearing defence mechanism.

It's all right, the Hat remains safe, the Hat cannot be harmed.

GrandMasterKatarn and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not sure he does Skaddix. As he was pre-War? Oh certainly, but post-War? Cade has become a different character or, it might be more accurate to say, he has become what he should have been and is no longer the broken man we followed for the bulk of the arc. For all its exasperates, I like that Cade's healing isn't a straight line, that he relapses, screws up terribly but, in the end, he still makes it. Sadly, this seems to go right by a lot of people who are convinced he'll be back on the death sticks in no time!

If anyone should be hounding the One Sith for eternity, it should be Stasi, just because he won't stop until they're all dead! He can do what the Jedi can't so let's let him do it.

Coop,

Yeah, he's 20 and he's taken out the most lethal Dark Lord of the Sith since Sidious but, due to his ancestor doing it for him, the Jedi remain in place, battered but still standing, as do the governments. Unlike Luke, Cade doesn't see it as his job to hand-hold the galaxy for the rest of his life - he's secured it's freedom from a maniac that'd kill everything just to see if any of it returns to life, what it does with it? Not up to him, he knows what he's doing and that's enough.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  21. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    I have only one question : is this comics really the SEQUEL of Legacy? I can't sleep without that data in mind (because with the possibility of a prequel, my speculations are over 9000).

22. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    with cade i have a feeling that the skywalker legacy ends with him. like he'll be the last one.

23. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Oh I can imagine your evil grin reading these posts. Can you comment if we will see any visible technological advancement during the series?

24. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    we all know that the HAT is like a Timelord... it may change its appearance, but it never ceases to exist ;) so.. what fashion style does it represent now? Vaders lucky pants? Katarns shoulder pad of Doom? Booster Terriks Fist of Fun? Mara Jades catsuit?

anyway, even without Master K.'s Hat... Embo still got another of the magical hats, the durasteel deluxe edition!

25. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    WHAT IS ON K'KRUHK'S HEAD MAY NEVER DIE, BUT RISES AGAIN, HARDER AND FREAKIN' SWEETER.

Havac , Zorrixor and Rew like this.