main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Gentlemen, a calm discussion please. There's no reason this debate can't be a polite back-and-forth.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    One of the leaders of the French Resistance during World War II, and later Prime Minister of France.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Prime Minister during the Fourth -- and Fifth Republics, no less. He was unhappy with the constitution he had helped write and wanted to get rid of it when it wouldn't let him do enough.

Also noted opponent of the United States. Consequently, a Gaulliste (don't take my word on the spelling, I don't know French) is both someone who is a rightist nationalist (cf. Gallic) but also someone who follows de Gaulle's ideology.

Interesting fellow that guy. Technically a rebel against the legitimate government of France, but I don't think a single person held it against him. And I mean that almost literally since Marshal Petain was basically senile at the time of his treason trial.

4. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Listen very carefully; I shall link these only once.

(Also: give me some credit.)

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    We don't award partial credit. We do have stickers though.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  6. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Valid.

I kind of assumed the Felpire was nearly identical to that of the Post-LotF Remnant leading up to the beginning of the SI War. The make-up of the Empire-in-Exile I assumed was the original-ish boundaries as well as territories that Fel added during the SI War, conquests or defections (the Eastern territories were in the original Vector Prime and can easily be worlds upset with the GA over the Ossus Project and sticking up for the Vong). Not that a larger Empire in the beginning isn't a possibility, just offering up my POV on it all. Its not like we know a lot about the galaxy of 126-127 ABY... yet.

And as for the GA being knocked out, my opinion is that Empire's victory not based on its size, but because of a mass exodus of worlds leaving the GA (some possibly going to the new Empire) as well as Sith machinations. And it was a four-year war, so its not like the G.A. rolled over. That's the entire OT time-period worth of stories.

I wonder what was in the Treaty of Anaxes that caused the Empire to go to war with the GA?

AusStig likes this.
  7. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    On the point about what the DIPLOMATE said to Stazi, it's called diplomacy, he was being nice to the man, it's the same reason that Roan doesn't call Stazi out on SHOOTING HIS ALLIES over some enemy POWs, having Stazi as an ally in order to defeat the Sith is more important then being honest. Stazi himself says that they are in danger of becoming 'just another pirate fleet' meaning they were walking a fine line.

As far as I am aware Roan was directly undermining Krayt, converting officers, troops, etc.

My point about the fleet was that it is harder to find then a planet. The Rebel Alliance had a lot of politicians and political actions, the GAR does, as far as I am aware, not. The only polly involved is Gial Gahan, so finding them would not be as easy.

About the Vong; I am talking how they would be perceived IN UNIVERSE, I apologies for any crossed wires.

See bold; the entire reason the series happened was that beings thought exactly that.

So people have been told for seven years that the Vong attacked the galaxy again, so Vong now saying they didn't may not go over to well.

On that note I would say that the NAZI=/=Germany would be more applied to the Empire and the Sith.

edit: sorry if anyone thinks I am having a go at them, I can be VERY blunt and that does some off as aggressive to people who don't know me, so I am super sorry for any mistakes in my gramer and syntax.

I would like to know that as well, presumably it would a treaty for the defense of these worlds, which would be invoked since 'the Vong attacked them', and the Alliance would not take action. Which strikes me as being very 'courageous', in the Sir Humphrey meaning, choice to make, I dun know maybe the Sit did it. Or something.

8. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    This makes me very happy, don't want to ruin it by over thinking. I will say that I definitely think we're looking at a Fel and not a Hapan. (Thank God and the Force :p ). Something about her reminds me a lot of Jaina from the YJK series back in the day. The man behind her looks a lot like Jag and Soontier, and could very well be Fel II. If so, I'm glad to finally see him! =D= Good chance this is Roan's sister, could be older, could be younger. She could also be Mohrgan's sister, or a cousin from a third J/J child, but I'd bet she's the second Fel Emperor's daughter.

[face_thinking]

Shadow child of sorts? Any release date?

9. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Stig, while nothing delights me more than seeing someone get Nick all worked up--when Hav says dial it back, it's a good idea to dial it back.

10. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    You are not the first to call me our mascot. In his going away thread, our dear old friend Excellence said essentially the same thing. In any case, I am honored. [:D]

Fenel's fleet at Ralltiir wasn't depicted as being as larger that Stazi's. Quick side note- comics, by their very nature, rarely show the full scale of a fleet engagement, so the following numbers are simply based on what is visually apparent in Legacy #36:

GA Remnant Fleet
    x1 Imperious-class Star Destroyer (Alliance)
    x4 Scythe-class battle cruisers
    x2 Tri-Scythe-class frigates
    x11 ShaShore-class frigates
    x9 Sabertooth-class assault ships

Second Bastion Fleet
    x3 Pellaeon-class Star Destroyers
    x7 Ardent-class frigates

We have no hard numbers on the exact strength of either navy, though based on how we never see more than a handful of Star Destroyers under Fel's command at any given point, and the fact the Grand Admiral Veed "hero of Caamas" was a Sith ally, points to Fel being somewhat naval deficient. His access to terrestrial forces in unquestioned- Stazi's forces are shown to have no visible ground forces in the comics, while the LECG mentions that his ground forces consist of most special forces units, supported by a handful of GA regular army units that aren't very high in morale.

If anything, the series seems to point to the fact that Emperor Fel wanted Stazi as an ally because it would give the anti-Sith forces increased naval strength. Fel had ground forces and fortress worlds a-plenty, but lacked major naval support. Stazi, on the other hand, lacked ground forces and a save haven, so the alliance was mutually beneficial.

There is nothing in the text that says only those three worlds fell. The whole point was to show that the southern borders of the Fel Empire were under siege and that their forces couldn't hold out forever. Fel realized this, hence his push for an allied strike on Coruscant.

Entirely without ill intent? Doubtful, given you say it is adorable and "warms the cockles of the flintiest heart". But I am content to let that matter rest.

Here's the thing. There is zero textual evidence that the Fel Empire controled any of the Core prior to the Sith-Imperial War. You can make that assumption if you choose, but until it is backed in EU fact it is just that, an assumption. We know that the Fel Empire encompassed the former Remnant Space plus a larger chunk of the New Territories, but nothing more. Given that the majority of the Core was part of the Galactic Alliance, I imagine they would resent being "split" with the Fel Empire. Besides, you are also assuming that Marasiah Fel has any desires to take regions that were not part of her fathers Empire prior to the war.

Besides, I would take the fact that Marasiah joined a "Galactic Federation Triumvirate" as a pretty good sign that she wants to return to the old days of peace (ie, the Treaty of Anaxes), when the Fel Empire was an allied autonomous state of the Galactic Alliance (per the LECG).

You keep pretending not to like me, but I know you do buddy! [face_tee_hee]

No worries man! And no need to apologize for your grammar and syntax. We all make mistakes. Even Jello makes mistakes from time to time on grammar and syntax, and he claims to be perfect. :p

--Adm. Nick

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    On the contrary - you're adorable. Especially when you curse. [face_love]

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Now just imagine Ackbar saying "that's bull(pants)" in that gravely Mon Cal voice. :p

13. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    [:D]

It happens pretty infrequently on the boards, so I do suppose it is noteworthy. Now, in real life, I swear like a sailor! [face_devil]

I should record it and post a link on the board. As you can imagine, I do a VERY good imitation!

--Adm. Nick

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    On the boards, you've gotta swear like a fish rather than a sailor. Accusing someone of lying? Say that you see through their ink cloud of falsity.

Granted, that's totally racist against Quarren but that just makes it seem more authentic!

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

"It's a trap! That's bull(pants)!"

16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Nick, you live in California. We've gotta meet up at some point just so we can go on Star Tours together and you can yell out "It's a Trap!" in the right voice when the Imperials show up. I do that all the time anyway, but I can't pull off the voice. :p

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Having a Rebel admiral and his Imperial Majesty on the same shuttle is a security hazard. We would make a tempting terrorist target. :p

But yes, I have added the two us going on Star Tours together to my bucket list. Which the added measure that I must yell out "It's a Trap!" on the ride. Only if you give me your best Palpatine impression.

--Adm. Nick

18. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    D'awwwww

This is how world peace is attained.

Zorrixor and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It's not quite that clear-cut, if it was, then as soon as the Vong proposed the project, it would have been shot down, even with Jedi sponsorship and backing. Rather, the works were sabotaged and the Sith then spun it as an attack, bringing long-buried latent hostility to the Vong to the surface and it all kicks off from there.

As to the likelihood of rehabilitating the Vong post-Krayt's demise, there are a few grounds for thinking it could be done:

1. The use of bioplagues by Darth Maladi and Vul Isen on multiple worlds, quite easy to point to them as the authors of the sabotage that wrecked worlds.
    2. Have the Vong do a successful reversal on a sabotaged world and show that as proof that their work does work!
    3. Chances are good the Sith spin-campaign only worked as well as it did by capitalising on the shock fom the sabotage and the fear that arose. In calmer times, people are more inclined to be rational and fair-minded.

RC-1991 likes this.
  20. CoraxRD

CoraxRD Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2012
    Ania Solo is the great great granddaughter of Han and Leia and the series takes place after War and debuts in March.

Zorrixor and Summer Dreamer like this.
  21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Sorry, I thought I had. I will use fewer caps.

1. May work, but the Sith plagues were just plagues, not Vong tech so it may be a stretch to connect them. also Maladi's lab would have been useful for this.
    2. I would say that this would be the key point, though it will be the hardest to get to; fool me once, type thinking.
    3. I don't know, shock tends to resonate, it has been seven years and people did start a war against the jedi and GA over it. So the feelings would be intrenched.

though the actions of the Sith would be the most benefit to the Vong, "look, were not as bad as these guys".

Are you for reals or are you just messing with us?

22. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    1. May work, but the Sith plagues were just plagues, not Vong tech so it may be a stretch to connect them. also Maladi's lab would have been useful for this.
    2. I would say that this would be the key point, though it will be the hardest to get to; fool me once, type thinking.
    3. I don't know, shock tends to resonate, it has been seven years and people did start a war against the jedi and GA over it. So the feelings would be intrenched.

though the actions of the Sith would be the most benefit to the Vong, "look, were not as bad as these guys".

23. CoraxRD

CoraxRD Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2012
    I'm for reals Ania Solo is the star of the series.

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I think the Jedi might well tip the balance once again AusStig towards people inclining towards their better angels of their nature so to speak.

SW isn't about emphasising the negative either - it's why I get irritated by the notion that post-War Cade's just going to relapse because once an addict, always an addict ignores that addictions can be managed and can be overcome. Thinking that he'll relapse is more indicative of the negativity of real-life. Instead, the idea is we can do better and we don't have to sell our ideals in order to do it, that's what ultimately killed Roan Fel in the end. So, in this respect, the notion of the Vong atonement succeeding fits very well.

darklordoftech likes this.
  25. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Your sources and proofs?

Plus, a Solo in Legacy... the only one to have the Solo name is Allana. But she will get married and change her name (since star wars mimicks the reality), so a Solo...