main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    "On some boards, the cheering went on for three straight hours."

2. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm one of those people that buys non-Star Wars comicbooks solely if I like the interior art. I did that for "Planet of the Apes," and am SO SO SO excited to see that Gabriel Hardman is working on a Star Wars project!

If you haven't seen his stuff, check out his DeviantArt or Blog.

This is going to be AWESOME.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    AAAAWWWWEESOME NEWS

well if this will survive the Sequels I do not know, but don't care.. I WANt THIS!!!

female sexy hero? check
    offspring of Solos? check
    potential offspring to Allana? check

is she Hapan? is she Force sensitive? well I hope not forcesensitive, pure scoundrel and if not Hapan, then I wonder why not or what happened. she needn't be another Fel, should be descended from Allana instead and be Hapan. though why not on the throne? hmm

still.. it is a bit copying Sequel rumors in that they suddendly do a female skysolo offspring leadcharacter which was rumored for the Sequels actually! lol doubletrouble or secret leadin to sequels?

ps: since Allana is darkhaired in her Essential Readers Comp. illustration... (her undercover haircolor, not her natural red like her mothers!) I fear her daughter got the wrong haircolor... we need a redheaded Allana illustration sometime soon. or else artists will repeat that mistake [​IMG] like Jagges scar got inherited like the Isard streak. d'oh

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You're right, I ought to exercise my analysis muscles.

Now, we've got a statement that the lead is Han and Leia's great-granddaughter. It's possible that that's a vague application of the term -- she's their distant descendant, and in lieu of knowing precisely how many greats to apply, our writer has just used one to get the point across that the relationship is distant. But if we accept that at face value, things get pretty interesting. It's said to be set over a hundred years after the movies, which means that it could be set as many as thirty-seven years before Legacy (not counting Issue 1). Now, our lead looks to be at least fifteen, and no more than thirty. So that gives her a birth date of, at the earliest, 70 ABY.

If she were to be Han and Leia's great-granddaughter through Jacen and Allana, that would mean she would have to be Allana's daughter, and that would further mean Allana had her at -- at the absolute earliest -- thirty-four. Perfectly plausible, but the further you stray from that minimum, the more trouble you get in. If the comic is set in 100 ABY and the lead is twenty, now Allana's having kids at forty-four. If it's set in 105 ABY and the lead is twenty, now she's having her daughter at forty-nine. And on and on.

Now, if she's Han and Leia's great-granddaughter through Jaina, that would make her Jaina's granddaughter, requiring a generation in-between. At 70 ABY, that means you've got to have Jaina and Jag's kid born and himself have a kid in something like twenty-seven years. Which is pretty workable, but it does create some pressures. If the lead is the daughter of Jaina and Jag's firstborn, that would make her father Fel II and the character Roan Fel's little sister, so you've got to budget some time in for Fel II to have Roan first. If she's not descended from Fel II, but from a younger child -- perhaps she's Mohrgan's sister, or Roan's cousin through a second Fel II sibling -- you've then got to budget in, at minimum, time for Fel II before Jaina and Jag have our link to this protagonist. But as you can see, unlike the Allana scenario, the more you stretch away from the absolute earliest birth date for the character, the more flexibility you have and the easier it is to make it work without creating time pressures one way or the other.

So I would suspect that we're not dealing with Allana's daughter, but with a Fel. Potentially Roan's little sister. This would also fit with the fact that the guy in the background looks pretty Fel-ish, and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if this is our first look at Fel II. Note also that background-guy appears to be wearing armor with a high black collar, and the blue-lightsaber-wielding figure is sporting armor not inconsistent with that of the Imperial Knights.

There are lots of ways I could be wrong -- "great-granddaughter" could be less than precise, and this could be about Marasiah's daughter post-Legacy, or Allana's granddaughter pre-Legacy, or the distant descendant of the bastard child Jaina had with Gavin Darklighter between the NJO and DN, or they could just be pushing the timeline to get Allana's daughter into a Legacy prequel, or whatever. But I think it's a good starting point to think about.

Also, just as a general note with no particular application to figuring out a line of descent -- it's worthy of notice, and comment, that we see the character sporting a blaster pistol -- but no sign of a lightsaber in sight. Not in her hand, and not on her belt. INTRIGUING.

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So potentially we're looking at a non-Force sensitive Fel descendant of the IWoD, according to that analysis.

I like that idea. I like that a lot. I endorse Havac's post.

6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Personally my hope is that it's Allana's [grand-]daughter and reveals what went down between Roan, Elliah and Niin and why Hapes kept out of the war.

With any luck, something like that could then also play into unmasking Chalk's treachery before Empress Marasiah suffers the same betrayal as her mother did.

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    [face_flag] :cool: =D= HUZZAH!!! :D ^:)^ [face_flag]

I seriously cannot express how awesomely exciting this news is. We know next to nothing, but I cannot contain my joy. Thank you Dark Horse Comics. Thank you Randy. Thank you to the new creative team. And thank you to John & Jan for creating this whole era in the first place!

Randy_Stradley

You sir have once again restored my faith in the Expanded Universe. As always, you and the good folks at Dark Horse have my undying respect and admiration! [:D]

--Adm. Nick

Rew, Zeta1127, Havac and 3 others like this.
  8. LarryG

LarryG Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    It looks like a lightsaber on her belt attatched horizontaly.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    lol Nick, the flags.

We can always count on you to have the best reactions to these things.

10. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, that was unexpected...

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Oh, I forgot to mention how AWESOME it is to see a Mon Cal on the cover. :p

Now all I need is confirmation that Dac's ecosystem is being restored and that Stazi will appear and I may die of delight. I mean it people. If that is announced and I do not show up to post, call an ambulence. :-B

--Adm. Nick

12. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    So this is that secret project they've been keeping under wraps.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I suppose I should also point out, for the record, that it's possible that the character, while a Fel descendent, isn't actually a Fel. Jaina and Jag are pretty much guaranteed two sons, via cousins Roan and Mohrgan Fel, but it's also quite possible that they had a daughter too, and this character his her daughter, and she's got some different last name from her father. Or she's rebelled against the Imperial family tradition to run off and be a smuggler, and is using the Solo name, or whatever. But "There's a pretty good chance this is about one of Roan's relatives pre-Sith-Imperial War" is a fair starting point.

AdmiralNick22 -- what happens if that Mon Cal is an Imperial? :p

Looks more like a comlink. It's barely as long as her hand.

14. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So does this mean that the new film won't contradict post-ROTJ EU? After all, why release new EU in this era if there was a strong possibility that it would be contradicted by Episode 7?

Summer Dreamer and Darth Myon like this.
  15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    D'ya hafta try and spoil this? I mean come on, royal baby + legacy announcement with Imperial family member = me dying of as much delight as Nick would be if Stazi and some Ackbar descendant had a party and Admiral Nict was invited.

Don't ruin that!

16. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Havac

I want that Mon Cal to be a Jedi who watches over the Solo Child. Like a female Ben Kenobi. :D

Grand AdmiralJello

Stazi, a descendant of Ackbar, and Admiral Nict having a party? How did you get ahold of my fanfic's first draft? [face_batting]

--Adm. Nick

17. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

though I always would love to see Hapes and Allana's line in comics.. I hope that that does not mean that her line is dethroned. well not except they voluntarily gave up the throne. that'd be cool

18. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Could not be happier. A part of me wishes it was still John and Jan, but we're getting DotJ from them anyway, so I just go back to being plain old excited about the possibilities that this era holds. So happy and looking forward to it and

YES DARK HORSE THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO

19. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    WAIT A TICK...

Legacy: WAR did hint at the relations on Hapes... [face_thinking]

--Adm. Nick

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Personally, I think is what John and Jan were aiming for from the start. Do a hell of an arc that establishes the era then hand the baton to a successor creative team. This is how the big superhero comics have been done, it's not one creative team behind it all, it's numerous runs.

21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    sorry for my posting rampage but I just had to add this in its own post:

DARK HORSE should get the creative control over the entire EU and dictate to Del Rey and Co what they shall do!

22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I see no reason why they need be dethroned.

This FEMALE (!!!) 'JEDI'... WITH A GUN?! could just currently be operating with that secret royal guard order group thing that was mentioned as charged with protecting the heir to the throne in FOTJ, if I recall right?

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  23. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

of course ;) so, how do you make my last worry, wrong haircolor of Allana/descendant, go away?

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So like just like Winter? I guess that would be a good occupation for Winter's descendant, huh? :)

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The only thing I can think of while watching this is Step in Time from Mary Poppins