main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Well yeah I mean Cade was more then capable of cleaning the clock of some top Imperial Knights but he is a Skywalker not exactly fair.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Epic fail of the day!=D=

IIRC it was: "Fel's forcelings".

RC-1991 likes this.
  3. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    The Legacy Era Campaign Guide states that the IKs are among the most powerful and dangerous Force-users in the galaxy, and that the strict mental discipline of their training renders them less likely to fall to the dark side than Jedi. Booyah!

4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Havok

But when they do they kill your Empress, torture your princess, and break her boyfriend.

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    You forgot, "booyah"...;)

6. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Sure, but Sia states in Issue 26 that he's the only one to have ever left the Order. One in three generations ain't bad, especially compared to those Jedi losers.

7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    True. They do have a better record than the Jedi do so far.

I give the Imperial Knights 100 years before they have their own schism that will cause the galaxy to be enveloped in never ending war between the two sides for all time.

8. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    i am sure the jedi let u quit and dont force u to stay in the order under penalty of death.

9. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    and yet Cade dominated two of their top knights

Esg likes this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Top Knights, who were about the same age as him. The true "top knights" were killed off, like Roan's cousin.

Cade is also a Skywalker, as well as having the power of the plot.

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Also were those Knights that Krayt killed really Roan's best? I mean he fully expected them to die would he really sacrifice his elite? I figured they were just average Knights.

Yeah Cade also defeated Krayt... so losing to Cade isn't actually that bad.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    He didn't expect them to die, in Legacy #8 it's shown the plan was for the Imperial Kinights to fight there way out and meet up with Roan to escape. And probably other, older IK's were killed off soon after Krayt's coup.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah but IK have the knowledge that they fight for something greater than themselves, and therefore their ensuing moral superiority makes up for any sort of martial shortcomings they may possess.

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Ah yeah I remember that. Though I don't think it would be that far off to assume that Roan knew full well they were going to die to buy him time, and that the whole 'meet up later' plan was just something to give them hope so they wouldn't feel like it was a complete suicide mission.

15. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    Cute, coming from the guys who have the same mentality towards force training that Las Vegas has for weddings.

I'd imagine it was raw numbers that killed all those Knights. Badassery only matters so much when your up against truckloads of enemies.

You say that as if they are two different things.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  16. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Oh true they are basically religious fanatics.

CooperTFN and Esg like this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, they're actually not Jedi. :confused:

18. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    One Force push doesn't amount to dominating.

19. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    like they would have lasted in a fight. Just insult Princess and Draco will do something stupid.

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    At first, Krayt was represented as an all-powerful Sith Lord. Cade couldn't defeat him during their duel at the Sith Temple.

Later on, Krayt cures himself from the Vong implants and declares war on the Galaxy.
    During the Battle of Coruscant, Cade just walks in the Sith Temple and defeats Krayt by stabbing him in the chest.
    Don't you think it's odd Krayt was so easily killed? He was supposed to be even more powerful after being healed.

Hopefully, they won't resurrect Krayt in the new series. He was a good villain, but I don't want to see him come back AGAIN.

21. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    A duel between Draco and his former Master would be awesome!

22. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    I assume not enough time. He got checked into a Star though that should be pretty final.

23. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Speaking of Imperial Knights, I would love to see more about the difference in viewpoints between old guard IK's like Treis Sinde and newer IK's like Draco or Dare. Prior to War and Roan Fel going dark, it was very apparent that Treis Sinde didn't like how the Imperial Knights equated loyalty to the Empire with loyalty directly to the Emperor. In Sinde's view, the IK's were loyal to the Emperor and the Empire so long as it served the interests of the Force. He wasn't blindly obedient like some of the other IK's.

Anything with Master Sinde is ok in my book.

--Adm. Nick

24. max-attac

max-attac Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2009
    Do we know for sure that Cade will not make any appearance in the new series? Do we also know if this comic will follow Legacy first of the name directly or if there will be a gap of several years between the two?

Because, I'd like to see Cade surrounded by a gaggle of little half-Zeltrons. Or as the Jedi Master of his cousin. :p

25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    True but the same philosophy of 'loyalty to the empire, not the emperor' is why so many Imperials sided with Krayt. I can see a lot of new Knights focusing on loyalty to Roan as a backlash against that idea as it caused so many to side with Krayt.

Also for a lot of the younger knights who grew up during the War, Roan was likely idolized by them the same way the Continental Army and Imperial Guard idolized Washington and Napoleon. He was all they had, he led the, fought with them, trained with them.

For older knights like Sinde they grew up in a time of peace, they didn't need to have that fervent devotion to their Emperor that they would have during a war to get back his throne.

AusStig likes this.