main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Yes.

YES.

YES!!

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Brown is a more dominant allele than red? :p

(Well, admittedly, in Star Wars gene dominance seems to go in reverse with blue eyes and blond hair being stronger :p)

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Glad we get to see the Solos's again. Yes I know, its bad we have a new generation of the same family but I don't care. Hope we get to see C-3PO again...

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So there is a possibility that this chick is apart of the "common man"? I really hope so, it would be nice to see a person not relying on the force or a lightsaber, while still being awesome.

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    well on Mandalore for sure..

so who is brownhaired and could be Allana's partner, hmm... PS: still it'd be sad to see the redhairlegacy end with Allana. we need more redheads.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'll note for the record that early promo art of Sia featured her sporting blasters without a lightsaber in sight, either. Just like the outfit being white, it presumably plays up the Princess Leia image (and in this case also reinforces the Han Solo connection). It's hardly dispositive, though I will note in turn that Sia's promo outfit was a billowy dress in which the whole belt wasn't shown (and she may have kept her lightsaber hidden inside the dress anyway, in her introduction -- I can't recall precisely), while here we have a pretty good look at the belt (we don't see the right side, but that seems to be occupied by a holster) and what looks like the character's intended action uniform, so there's no particular reason to hide the lightsaber off the belt, if the character design includes it.

GrandAdmiralJello likes this.
  7. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I love the notion of a rogue Fel child that reclaims the Solo name. Think about it - if Jaina's kids aren't Solos, and Allana's aren't Solos (which is hard to be sure of, admittedly), the Solo name is otherwise done by Legacy.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    I love the notion too, Coop, though I've always thought the easiest route is for a male descendant of Allana to reject the Hapan matriarchy and go off pirating with great-granddad's name, in the best of both the Solo and Hapan traditions.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    But we have enough rogues in that general family, and the whole "I reject the establishment to do my own thing" trope is extremely trite and overdone in fantasy. Just for once I'd like a royal lead that acts the part, please.

10. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Another crazy curveball thought: bastard Tharen offspring. Hence no Force. [face_mischief]

Okay, how about a shunned Fel child, disavowed for lack of Force powers?

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened...

12. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    CooperTFN you got me this idea: THE FEL SHADOW CHILD hidden away in safety so the Felfamily lives on in case all others are slaughtered ;)

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Someone do some research and tell me what the dueling silhouettes are wearing. Weirdly, Red Blade seems dressed more Jedi-like, and Blue Blade seems more Sith-like.

14. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Han and Leia are both mentioned.

And Coop, I've already said that blue-blade looks like he's wearing IK armor.

And Jello, I wouldn't want the heir running off, but if the second or third kid in the family wants to rebel, the setting could definitely handle that.

15. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Like I said - curveball. :p

16. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Well we don't know her name yet so it could be anyone in the family tree. It's only mentioned that she is great-granddaughter of Han and Leia. Being a Fel or a Djo would still make her H/L great grandkid.

17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    If they've been working on this for several months now, it's also possible that it could specifically tie into a Jaina/Jag child in SotJ.

18. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

can't be Sith if pre-Legacy comics... except it is set during the war before Emperor Fel got dethroned by Krayt.

and if a Sequel to the Cade legacy series, I wonder why it does not feature Cade or cameo him.. so my guess is indeed, Prequel during the War if not earlier against other threats indeed

but then it needs more generations in between Solos and this one than just greatgranddaughter like Havac analysed already. somehow I do not want characters to get kids too late or when too old. first kids that is.

19. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Hmm btw is it just a weird lighting or does that female on the cover have a white hair on the right side of her head?[face_thinking]

20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Maybe that figure wielding a red blade is actually a dark jedi and is not apart of Lost Tribe or One Sith.

21. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    hmm and this new herogirl has something of Shira Brie in her... besides, does that Mon Cal have hair or what is that thing on the back of his head? looks weird..

22. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Awesome! More Legacy is always good news, more Legacy without having to put up with Cade is even better news! Along with a quite nice cover too, its so... refreshing to see a Star Wars cover with a main character not holding a lightsaber, its getting boring these days (glances at all the Vader and Lost Tribe covers recently). Also nice to see a Han and Leia descendant, even if its possibly a distant one, it'll be a nice change to see one of their relatives do something, not like the novels have used them much in the last few years.

Well, my devotion to most of Dark Horse Star Wars series is again guaranteed for at least another year, hope we get at least a few arcs from this project. That first cover is already a very good sign for the future.

23. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    *tear*
    Bless you Randey. Bless you.

And the item in question on her hip in the image looks very much like the comlinks Luke and 3PO used in ANH.

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    and one more rant from me... cool unique design for her clothes. cosplayers will go crazy!

25. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    With Legacy just as open to original designs as it is red lightsaber wielding Sith, I think it's also worth noting that a prospective child raised in the Hapes Consortium may not even be a Jedi (Legacy basically seemed to suggest Hapes had closed itself right off), so could turn out to be Force-sensitive without having to use a lightsaber like every single other Force protagonist.

I'd actually find that just as interesting as a Muggle, as a Force-using Han Solo isn't something we ever get from the books, and the EU could badly use from a reminder that there's way more to the Force than just Jedi or Sith.

And if the masses can handle Nightsisters in TCW, I'd like to see a non-Jedi faction utilised for once.
    If it's a sequel I'm very happy it's not Cade, since it'd require a complete reversal with him deciding to not retire and just head straight back to the war again.

I'm going totally against my original wish for Cade to get revenge on Nihl when I suddenly say I'm now more interested in seeing one of Caedus's descendants finally break free of his legacy by cutting off the head of the lingering Sith survivors. Niin especially, for what he did to Elliah.

It just feels fitting for Krayt's legacy to be defeated by Allana's legacy.