main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Wonderful! I'm eating up any news about this series with an appetite the size of a Russian Ewok's. These sketches are like cocaine to me. The Sith looks like a Death Star gunner.

2. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Speaking of Legacy II, there's a new interview with Corinna and Gabriel up at The Geek of Oz. Highlights include:

*First and foremost, it’s an adventure tale. There’s a mysterious lightsaber, a lot of suspense, and a brash young woman who’s way out of her depth. We’ll also explore a little of what’s going on with the new Triumvirate Federation that’s now in control of the galaxy.

*We don’t want to just show the same old places. We want to go to new and lesser known worlds, see crazy new things. But we always check ourselves. Making sure it feels like Star Wars is the most important thing.

*When we were initially conceiving the pitch, instead of only reviewing the Star Wars stuff that we already knew by heart, we read and watched a lot of things that were inspirations for the original movies. We re-watched Akira Kurosawa’s samurai films along with several others. We really wanted to get in touch with George Lucas’s earliest influences and bring them into our story. Of course, those movies are awesome and so much fun to watch. That research wasn’t exactly a chore!

*Editor Randy Stradley approached us at the Emerald City Con in his inimitable low key way and asked us if we were interested in doing a book for him at Dark Horse. We were more than interested.

*Following up John and Jan’s massive run on the book is definitely the most daunting thing. There’s no denying that they put an indelible stamp on this era. And I’ve been a fan of John Ostrander’s work since I read Suicide Squad as a kid. Hopefully we’ll manage a worthy follow up to their Legacy series.

Summer Dreamer and Gorefiend like this.
  3. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    I wonder where the One Sith will be?? Hmmmm...

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    U mean if they have a permanent base?

Although you still got at least two rogue sith not in line with the power structure at minimum.

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I love that in the interview it is flat out stated that then secondary story will focus on the Galactic Federation Triumvirate and will visit Coruscant. I love the concept of Ania Solo and I am sure I will enjoy her story, but the fact that we will also see the struggles of the new government excites me!!

--Adm. Nick

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Hood up, she looks like she should be hanging out with Altair and Ezio.

Point Given , Ulicus , spicer and 4 others like this.
  7. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Ah, so I wasn't the only one whose first thought was Assassins Creed.

GrandMasterKatarn likes this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wouldn't be opposed to a story with a heroic assassin that goes around despatching adversaries and then:

requiescant in pace

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I love that shuttle design. The fact that it is mentioned to be the cousin of the Nune-class shuttle give me hope that the starship designs in this series will mesh very well with the first Legacy. Afterall, they are in the same time period. I can't wait to see what other sorts of vessels are used by the Galactic Federation Triumvirate.

--Adm. Nick

10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I hope we don't find out too much about the GFT.

Mostly cause Star Wars sucks at politics. Also unless they decide to include the Hutts, why bother?

I am liking the adventure feel.

Gorefiend likes this.
  11. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Wow, this looks fantastic, I can't wait!

CooperTFN likes this.
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Those do look good.

13. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Sweet looking designs there. Ania is shaping to become a better protagonist than Cade will ever be.

14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    All looks very, very good.

I will be watching your career with great interest, Legacy Mark II.

Also, Darth Nihl better show up.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Not sure how you can judge that based on character appearance. Everything so far I have seen sounds like Cade lite. She is going to be worse in standard combat and worse in force combat.

I am stuck wondering how anyone chasing her down can still look competent if they fail. Especially if they are using the force. Although I suppose she might have some allies to help out.

16. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    YES!

I'm sort of hoping for a second Nagai invasion at this point. He was a Warlord on Nagi, right? Whatever happened to his Firefist homies? That sounds like a dangling plotline right there...

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  17. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    YES YES YES!

There's so much potential for this series. They can work with new stuff, old stuff, and just generally do anything. This is what I love about the Legacy concept. Very little, (really, if any) limits. I mean, they probably can't destroy Coruscant or anything, but pretty much everything else is on the table.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Destroy Coruscant? They tried that already, and that lasted, what, one short novel trilogy until it was undone? :p

darthcaedus1138 and Zeta1127 like this.
  19. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Nihl leading a Nagai invasion?
    I do not really see that happening.
    I do not think a real Sith Lord would openly lead an army in this time frame.
    Why would Nihl suddenly give up his leadership of the Sith only to lead his people (species)?
    He already devised a plan. Infiltrating the Galaxy.
    I do not see leading a Nagai being a part of infiltrating the Galaxy.

I would love it if Konrad Rus or Hogrum Chalk would still be leaking information to other parties.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  20. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Thanks to Maxattac for the heads-up on this one: Dark Horse solicitations for May.

[​IMG]

STAR WARS: LEGACY #3
    Corinna Bechko (W), Gabriel Hardman (W/A), Rachelle Rosenberg (C), and Dave Wilkins (Cover)
    On sale May 22
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Miniseries
    Ania Solo and her friends have been chased, blockaded, and shot at, and now they’re stuck on a world of molten sulfur all because an Imperial Knight wants them dead. Just when things seem bleakest, another Imperial Knight shows up! Is he here to help them, or help destroy them?

Damn, son, the amount of new Imperial Knights in this arc is fantastic. First Yalta Val, then the guy on the cover of #2 who wants Ania dead, and now this new one. I don't wanna be like "There can only be one black IK!" but I still can't help but wonder if it's this guy without the Gambit mask:

[​IMG]

... or an entirely new character.

The Imperial Knights are one of the EU's greatest creations, and I'm glad that Corinna and Gabriel seem to think so too. Can't wait.

21. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    UNLEASH THE KRAKEN!!!

22. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Interesting to see the prominence of the Imperial Knights. They are agent of the new Galactic Federation Triumvirate, but it makes me wonder what the Jedi Order is up to. The IK's are not a numerous order (less than a few dozen, per the LECG), so I wonder if the order was expanded. That, or they are after something that is important enough to the Fel Empire. [face_thinking]

BTW, if they do decide to incorporate some supporting/background characters from Legacy into the new series, I really hope that they choose Jedi Master Tobias Sun. He just struck me as a very cool Jedi and he lead Twin Suns Squadron during the allied liberation of Coruscant, so he is worth seeing more of.

I also was always very interested in Ona Antilles. She only had a few parts in the Galactic Alliance issues, but her connection to former Triumvir Bail Antilles and the fact they she no longer spoke to her father always struck me as interesting.

--Adm. Nick

23. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Epic cover!

24. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    I wonder if this'll be a six-issue arc? They're not limited to five since it's not a miniseries. I hope it's six.

The line from Legacy 42 was actually that she no longer thought of Bail, which came right after Te Corso said "It's a shame about your father," impying that he died at some point after the war. But yeah, I'd like to see more of Ona, too. And the Rogues, of course.

25. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Good catch, Jeff. I had forgotten about that. It did imply some sort of interesting back story, but we never got much out of it. In fact, according to the original solicitation for issue #42, the "newest Rogue" was supposed to be introduced. IIRC, John Ostrander mentioned that he originally intended to have Ona be a new member of Rogue Squadron, but that the limited space of the issue (and obviously the fact that Legacy was starting to wrap up) prevented him from pursuing that idea further.

--Adm. Nick