main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY is back!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Volderon, Dec 3, 2012.

1. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    I truly hope not.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Lumpy. No damned Jedi. :D

3. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Much worse thought, if Cade got R2.... will she get 3PO? [face_nail_biting]

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I am still hoping for a Mon Cal to be named after me. The first Legacy had Admiral Nict, so maybe this new one will have Nickbar? [face_batting]

--Adm. Nick

Ulicus likes this.
  5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Naw, it'll be more cleverly disguised than that....

NYKBAR.

6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Some of us would be grateful to have been Tuckerized at all, thank you very much. [face_not_talking]

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Oh, I am very grateful. In fact, I better make sure that I send my monthly check to John Ostrander. :p

--Adm. Nick

8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    You have your own bar, stop whining.

As for the Falcon, it would be interesting, but I suspect it would be on the cover if that were the case.

9. Remember Adwa

Remember Adwa Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2012
    Pleae no. Huyang as a droid companion would be much cooler.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It is disturbing how "Nickbar" has just one more letter than "Ackbar." Your parents planned this, didn't they?

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Bars don't get wook articles, apparently. :_|

True. Maybe it's bestowed upon her later on, like Artoo was.

12. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    Oh my god, that was so unexpected... so aggressive. This was clearly not the new I was searching for but F... that's not a trap! I love love love love it!!!

There is still one thing I don't get : it is supposed to be a SEQUEL to legacy comics but it seems like a prequel to me, somewhere between 80/90 ABY as it introduces Leia/Han great grand daughter. She is more about to be Allana's daughter than her grand daughter. Well I always thought Elliah Fel was Allana's grand daughter (pure fandom here) and this is clearly not the case here. Or even Marashia's daughter. Anyway, I don't care I just want to read this comics!

13. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    Hmm interesting about the 3p0 thing. It makes sense...the solos have had him and the skywalkers keep r2. I wont be too surprised to see him in the comic.

14. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    No to the falcon, I would not mind a diffrent ship named in its honer, but Just because it was in the original movies dosen mean it has to be in the Comic, the Falcon was already a century old by Allana'a 5th birthday It dosent need to be puttering around 70 years form the current time book series.

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Something for you both to consider, should this be a Legacy sequel: If done well, the story should pick up on a good few of the plots and concepts established by John and Jan's run, which in turn may well reduce the sense of irk over Legacy's abbreviated end. Certainly this has happened on great curtailed Marvel runs, where one writer does a whole load of coll stuff,. ends their run, but a fair bit of what they've contributed gets picked up by their successor.

16. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    what makes you folks think it's Allana's daughter? it could actually be Jaina's daughter!

17. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i have a feeling that the falcon met her maker something between crucible and this series.

18. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Without wading through nine pages, I'm going to make two speculations about the identity of the lady in question.

If it is Allana's daughter, then I'm going to guess that it's Elliah Fel. Elliah's appearance in Legacy was vague enough it looks like it could be her. Plus I always thought the assumption was that Elliah was Allana's daughter and either Queen Mother herself, or a princess, to cement a Hapan-Imperial alliance with the Roan Fel marriage.

If however it's an offspring from the Solo-Fel side (either Roan Fel's sister or cousin) then it might make more narrative sense, in mirroring Cade. Cade was a Skywalker who gave up his family's Jedi legacy to become a scoundrel. This lady looks like she's some sort of smuggler, so it makes sense that she could also be one to give up her family's Imperial Knight legacy and go drifting for a while.

Actually that could also apply to Elliah Fel, since her whole backstory is a blank.

Only if the father was Jaina's son, since the press release says "great-granddaughter".

19. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    why would anyone want to forsake their family's legacy? i mean if you come from a long line of great people shouldn't you try to live up to that legacy and try to make it even more historic?

20. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    Because, Just because someone in your family did something great dosent mean that where your tallents lie.

Just because Ghengis Khan was your ancestor dosent make you militarily proficient, Just because Bruce Lee was your grandfather dosent mean you are a born martial artist, Just because your father was a president dosent make you fit to be a leader.

if your family's legacy interfares with you living your life, why not forsake it?

21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I agree, BUT:

Picture if you will...renegade Fel daughter on the run from whatever-the-hell, oh look, it's the Corellian Air & Space Museum! Isn't that where great-grandpa Han donated his old ship on his deathbed? That's just what I need to effect my escape! And look, that golden protocol droid's been locked in the cockpit all these years!

Valin__Kenobi, RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
  22. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    because Air and space museums Keep Ships, fuled and ready for take off because?

Why would anyone fule and power a museum peice? Especially since an internal electircal fire could damage the ship? Since if the Ships in Starwars use fusion reactors they would have to keep it ready and powerd up to be used?

23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Dude, it's Star Wars. Ships are operated by big red "go" buttons. o_O

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Why? Why should what they did determine what you do? That was, in part, one of Cade's major objections - that being a Jedi was effectively the family business.

25. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    Push to start?

StarShip theft must be a major problem in the GFFA [face_alien]