main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Number Kriffing One, Baby: Prisoner of the Floating World

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Dec 12, 2012.

1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    oh those british.. always doing their own thing with good old european traditions :p

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

You got me... Byss!

So he hated his family and made it all a trap for them to destroy them and get their life energy in the process. makes more sense indeed... no wonder he kept Tagge from following them to Byss then :p

3. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Actually, it is the third time a SW comic book has gotten more than one volume. Just plain ol' Star Wars has 3 volumes:

Star Wars (Marvel Comics)
    Star Wars (Dark Horse; later changed into Republic and continues on as Dark Times)
    Star Wars (Dark Horse; the upcoming series by Brian Wood)

4. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    If we consider the Remnant to be a wholly seperate government (which in the depths of the legalese is probably true but to most citizens of the galaxy is merely a technicality), I think we can say that Daala's concept of the state dispensed with the concept of a monarchy entirely, prefering direct rule by the Supreme Commander, which later evolved into the divided spheres of Supreme Commander vs. Moff Council Rule. Of course the Empire has now 'elected' a Supreme Commander for the first time meaning that the nature of it's government has changed again and that the circumstances of Jagged Fel's eventually assumption of the throne meaning yet another fundamental reorganization of the government's technical principles - meaning a 'Declaration of a New-New Order' or something equally hokey.

This would lead to a series of subsequent Imperia 'dynasties' on the Chinese historical model: similar forms of governance, same cultural and to at least a degree physical space, no official form of succession from one government to the other strong enough to resist a challenge.

On this note, I've often wondered what Palpatine was saying about succession during his reign, both to his advisors and the common people. He certainly planned to live forever, but he couldn't just go around telling everyone in the galaxy that. By the time he dissolved the Senate he was 82 years old, not exactly on the brink of death by Star Wars actuarial systems but certainly to the point where thinking about sucession would be a big deal. What did everyone think was going to happen when he finally kicked the bucket?

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    12. Still way young. I'd probably fix it by having Rostek's account be rather hazy- with Nejaa actually leaving Corellia to fight, not in 22 BBY, but a bit before- participating in small-scale conflicts.

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Ah, but it can be argued Legacy remains unique in having a continuation combined with re-numbering. Star Wars changed its title to Republic and then Dark Times but retained the numbering.

7. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    This is coming out much sooner than I expected.

[​IMG]

8. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    GrandAdmiralJello - it always struck me as odd that Palpatine - so secretive about his past and history - would acknowledge any genuine biological family anyway that I think it would make a fair amount of sense if the Imperial Family were simply decorations for the court - people he fabricated a distant relationship with - likely even without them knowing it. It would have served a number of political purposes and was clearly working as a way of tricking people into thinking that they could gain favour and status by marrying into it.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    He seemed to care a lot about what Cosinga was doing to his family's legacy -- I think that he'd care enough about it that he'd want to elevate the surviving members, especially those not directly associated with Cosinga. He didn't seem to really have a problem with his mother or siblings, but just his father. Given that he seems to have some affection for his homeworld, I could also see him having some affection for his relations as well.

10. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    So this is "a new, ongoing series...", but it's also called Star Wars: Legacy?

Hmmm... cool!

11. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    I just hope it won't end like Knight Errant : I want a new 50-issue comics!!

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Technically, this will be issue #57, it's just a new creative team.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    For the record, there's no real indication in COPL that Korol's claim is anything other than false, and I've always regarded the fanbase taking it for granted based on COPL that Han was royalty despite Threepio backing off on it as silly. But taking on the evidence outside COPL, it was probably a solid claim, given that an OOU source (I believe the NEGTC) describes Thrackan as descended from Corellian royalty.

Anyway, I would have been really interested in a prequel setting, but it's probably right to move the story forward. Doing so with a new cast could be a great call, as Cade doesn't need to support the narrative anymore. I guess on one level it's a little derivative to just move on from the fringey Skywalker descendant to a new fringey Solo descendant, but I like the potential of the character so much that I don't care. I'm really interested to see where they go with this and what this character's story is. Also, how soon after War it is.

Ulicus likes this.
  14. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Since it's advertised as "a new, ongoing series," I'm thinking it'll be a Rebellion/Dark Times situation --- same series, but also, y'know, a different series. Only this time we didn't even change the name. :cool:

15. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    =D=

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope it opens with Ania picking up Anakin's lightsaber on Kashyyyk unless the monument was destroyed in LOTF or rotted away or something.

17. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    Is it possible, then, that his mother had a child before her marriage to Cosinga? That could also explain the differing surname. If her mother were actually married to someone else before and then widowed young, then the child wouldn't be illegitimate. If the first husband was part of an influential family, the child might well have been kept and raised by them, especially if they considered her later marriage to Cosinga a betrayal. But I haven't actually read DP, so I could be creating fantastical theories that will never work.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    New theory guys: Ania Solo is a descendant of the IWoD whose mother married one of her Solo cousins, therefore she is descended from both Jaina and Allana. Everyone's happy, and the Skywalker clan tradition of incest is preserved.

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So we can cross off the option that Ania was a prisoner of the Sith and after Legacy War escaped?

20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I am currently enjoying the implication of this thread title that the comic will be titled Baby: Prisoner of the Floating World.

21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    On a different forum it'd have been a much longer word, involving mothers. :D

22. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Aww. Whoops. [​IMG]

23. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm confused. How do we know that it's post-WAR?

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

25. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Gotcha! I initially read that as war (meaning a war) but now I see that it's capitalized. Nothing to see here. Move along.... ;)