main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Legacy Of Crimson (Mod Halloween Challenge Response)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Oct 22, 2011.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Legacy of Crimson
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: Post-Dynasty Of Evil
    Characters: Darth Cognus, Darth Zannah
    Genre: Anticlimactic
    Notes: Written for the 2011 Mod Halloween Challenge I normally write Luke/Mara romance, so I figured this was the furthest thing from it.

Your bare feet treated upon cold, by dry, stone. The coldness burns the souls of your feet, but you ignore the pain. You cannot see your surroundings, the sky is moonless tonight, but that does not matter. Long ago, you memorized these halls. You have lived in this castle for nearly two decades while your master trained you in the dark side of the Force.

Your master. You sneer at the thought of her. You know that she has taught you everything she knows and she has outlived her usefulness. In your? ?occupation? as a Sith, once you outlive your usefulness, you don?t retire. You get retired?

You die by the hands you train.

And that is exactly what will happen to your master tonight. You are confident as you grip the cool metal of your lightsaber. It is a unique design. The hilt is three times the length of a normal hilt.

Your thoughts go to your apprentice, safely in your womb. This is for her. Your master must die before she finds out your plans. You know your master would never approve, but you also know the legacy of the Sith lies in the hands of your unborn daughter. You have seen the future, you know that men will bring the Sith to true glory, but you also know that there will be a long line of females behind those males.

Your footsteps suddenly halt. You are here at your master?s bedchambers. You lift the black veil your master uses as a door and walk right in. You count the steps to her bedside and stand there, not making a sound.

You know some would consider this a coward?s act, but in your mind, it isn?t. Doing the deed this way is just as hard this way as a normal fight.

You put a hand over you?re master?s neck and begin to use the Force to squeeze.

Suddenly, another hand is on your wrist. Fingernails bury into your flesh, drawing blood.

?You didn?t think it would be that easy, did you?? her lyrical voice asks. One would not think a monster could have such a beautiful voice, but you know this is a monster.

?Can?t kill a girl for trying,? you retort, breaking free of her. Lightning strikes in the background, highlighting your master?s craggy face.

?Actually, I can.?

As you ignite your crimson blade, she jumps up, summons her blade to her hand. But, before she can ignite it, she falls to the floor, clutching her chest.

You watch by the light of your blade as the Dark Lord Darth Zannah dies of a heart attack.

END!

A/N: Go ahead, laugh, groan, facepalm, do whatever. It was supposed to be anticlimactic :D That was my costume!

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I so did not see that one coming.

That was a really great job, Briann!

3. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Wow! What a way for a Sith to die! How embarrassing for her! LOL!

I loved how she was protecting her unborn child, even if it was to be the next great Sith. It warmed my heart a little! :)

Great job! Great costume!!

=D= =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great response to the challenge

Didn't see that coming at all

5. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    I did not see that coming, either! Great job writing outside of your comfort zone and totally surprising us all. I'm impressed!

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Now that'sa costume!

woot! =D=

7. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Nice costume!!! I see I'm not the only one who tried second person. It worked for this story!

8. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Oh so freaky. And yet I love it!=D=

9. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    *blinks in surprise* Wow... when you said anticlimatic, I wasn't expecting that. Goodness. Chilling, right there with the "actually, I can" line.

Well done, Briannakin. :)

edit: ...some days, I just can't spell...

10. Raxacoricofallapatorius

Raxacoricofallapatorius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 20, 2010
    :p I didn't even think about it when you said anti-climactic! Totally didn't expect that.
    However, that's what makes it a great costume! Love it. =D=