main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Events Legacy of Gaming

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider , May 18, 2016.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Admin FF | Art Curator | Oceania RSA | CR of NSW star 5 Staff Member Administrator

Mar 9, 2002
    This year marks the anniversary for several classic series. It's the 35th anniversary of Donkey Kong. We've experience 31 years of the Mario Bros. It has also been 30 years since Link (The Legend of Zelda), Samus (Metroid) and Pit (Kid Icarus) first graced our screens on the NES. Also has been 25 years of the faster blue blur known as Sonic the Hedgehog and 20 years we've been training our Pokemon and raiding tombs with Lara Croft.

In a way to celebrate the rich legacy of gaming, I plan on creating a few artworks based on some of the classic and beloved franchises over the next coming months. I will be gathering input and feedback from the communities both here and over in the Games Forum during the development of these works to help shape it.

Rather than having all the fun to myself, I will open up the opportunity and invite everyone to participate. All is welcome to join in. If you are keen on creating art for your favourites or sharing fond memories of your experiences… this is a celebration.

There is no deadline for now. Depends on how we go,there may be awards given out for the favourite pieces. I will ask that the works must be your own unless stated and that assets used for pieces that are not created by yourself must be credited.

Darth Ukendt likes this.