Tucson LEGACY OF THE FORCE: BETRAYAL - FREE ONLINE DOWNLOADS!!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Zedd, Apr 28, 2008.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Starting tomorrow morning, Del Rey is offering free downloads of the first book in the LOTF series, Betrayal. You can get it as a pdf (Adobe Reader file), an audio book (abridged--I have the CD's, so I know), or an eBook (don't ask me what that is). You can download it from 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, April 29, until midnight on Tuesday, May 1.

I guess this is to get the hype up for book 9, the final book in the series, 'Invincible', which comes out May 13th.

Just FYI, this is the second time they have given the book out for free, they were handing 'em out at CIV.
  2. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I wish it was a book that they had not released yet.. now that would be awesome.. I may get it online anyway.. just to have it. I am totally jazzed for Invincible in any event!! Can't wait!
  3. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'm just not sure about why they are offering this as a download. But then again, I'm hoping our bookclub will choose to read this series and anyone who doesn't have it I can send them the download.

can't.wait.for.Invincible.either [face_hypnotized]
  4. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    I agree with Cat. I wish they were letting us download Invincible online. I'm on the library's waiting list for it (heaven forbid I should buy a hardcover!), I can't wait to read it!!!
  5. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    So not that we all dont have a copy of it now we can have one on our home computers! YAY NOT!

So Mike how was Iron Man since you, Brandon and Antone actually got to see it.........
  6. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah.. I agree.. how was the movie?
  7. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    'Twas good. Wery good. I saw Antone, but didn't really approach him. I also saw Jack there, though I don't think he was there for Ironman. Obi-Wan Kenobi from KRQ was there as well for Ironman. I was too nervous to get on him for not being in the FanForce, though. When the movie is actually released and you all have seen it, we can have discussions/debates.

Not as good as Transformers, better than Batman (although admittedly I liked that movie a LOT less than most people), and up there with Spiderman.
  8. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    looking forward to seeing it, perhaps some time this week, not the weekend though.. too much already going on.
  9. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    So... I need somebody to read Invincible REALLY QUICKLY so you can TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS!!!!! =P~

I'M NOT EVEN ON STAR BY STAR YET!!!!! :_|
  10. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    For all the people out there that care (nobody), I read through all of Star by Star and halfway through Dark Journey while on vacation. Here are some updates to my hate/hate less/worship list.....

Borsk Fel'ya: Worship
    Jacen (pre-Caedus): Hate
    Jaina as of now: Worship
    Anakin: hate less
    Luke/Mara/Leia/Han/Lando: Hate
    Kyp: Worship
    Yuuzhan Vong in general: hate less

11. YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Knight

star 1
    Why do you Worship Borsk Fel'ya? is it because he blew up?
  12. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    No, right before he died, he was totally awesome. He was all Thrawn-like when he ordered his ships to fire on ships filled with human refugees, saying that 'the Yuuzhan Vong already killed them, and he will not surrender just to save the lives of millions when trillions of lives were at stake'. That, and he blew himself up in the effort to kill Tsavong Lah, but unfortunately, Lah had learned to play dejarik, so he saw it coming.
    That's the very short answer.

P.S. You need to answer your phone when I call!!!
  13. YuuzhanVong_Rule Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did you know there is a Power Rangers villain named Zedd?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Zedd
  14. Zedd Tucson AZ Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    OH HELL YEAH!!!!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby