main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Legacy of the Force: Betrayal {TK/J L/H L/M J/Z, many OCs.} {Update! Final Post!}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ben_Watson, Oct 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Watson

Ben_Watson Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    Title: Legacy to the Force: Betrayal
    Author: Ben_Watson
    Timeframe: Post The Dark Nest Trilogy.
    Characters: Tenal Ka, Jacen Solo, Luke, Leia, Han, Jaina, Zekk, many OCs, and more!
    Genre: Angst/Action
    Keywords: Love, Betrayal, Emotion
    Summary: Secrets are being kept from within the Alliance. Can the Jedi hold them to together when one of there own are attacked by an unknown force?
    Notes: Excuse my spelling. And I don't own any of these character, with the exception of the OCs.

Edit 1: I have now put the titles up, enjoy!

Titles: (NOTE: These (Except for the first two titles.) are in no way official!)

Book 1: Betrayal

Book 2: Bloodlines

Book 3: Wounds

Book 4: Reunion

Book 5: Loyalty

Book 6: Unleashed

Book 7: Hatred

Book 8: Love

Book 9: Endings

Chapter 1

Leia strode through the corridors of the Senate structure on Corusant. She walked slowly to allow Chief Omas time to finish announcing her arrival. She was clad in a very formal white dress that nearly touched her toes.

She hated it. The only reason Leia was here was of special request of Cheif Omas. She barely had any idea as to what this meeting was about. Omas only told her it could affect the entire Alliance.

Of course, Leia's duty as a Jedi is to help the Galaxy in anyway possible. So she was bound to do this. She exhaled sharply as the Chief finished his anouncment and opened the curtain. Leia stepped out onto the podium and waited the applause out. Alot of systems trusted her judgement considering her previous engagments with the Alliance and it's wars.

"Jedi Solo." addressed the Senator of Mon Calamari. "We appriecated your arrival here. As it may shine some light as to what has been put into shadow."

Leia gracously nodded in return and said, "I will surely do what I can." bringing about her beautiful smile.

Next the Sullustian Senator spoke. "Princess Leia, Chief Omas has apparently keeping secrets from out systems. As with the Mon Calamari systems. And he refuses to reveal them to us. Do you have any idea as to what he's keeping?"

Leia moved her pod to the center of the stadium and turned her attention to Cheif Omas. "Do you have anything to add?"

He shook his head and stared at the ground, "Nothing at all."

Leia pursed her lips and thought to herself. This is harder than I expected. What could the Chief possibly be keeping from them? "Do you have evidence to support your theory?" She wondered how they would respond to that. Chief Omas almost kept no secrets. And when he did the Jedi always knew about it. She motioned for her brother to approached the center. Waiting to see if he might know something.

"Actually we do. We have secured documentation of a transaction of over a million credits to a Bounty Hunter called Barakul. A wookie. Now, he won't state why he is doing this, or for who he hired this hunter for." answered Senator Grahkass, Mon Calamari Senator.

Luke cleared his throat and stared out in the room. He tried to reach into the Force, but felt nothing. A void. He breathed deeply through his nose and tried again. Void. This puzzled Luke greatly. He hadn't felt these effects since Thrawn and his memory is slightly out of touch.

"Master Jedi? You have something to say?" offered Cheif Omas.

This snapped Luke back to the present moment and got his mind racing once more. "Infact I may have an idea." Truthfully Luke had no evidence of any kind. His bluff was to draw out something from Omas. Whether it's good or bad he couldn't tell at the moment. Something wasn't right, he felt is as he walked in the Senate. But disreguarded it until now. He faintly remembered something about a creature that could block th

2. Briman

Briman Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2004
    Interesting start you have here. Nice job. PM when the update comes around. Good luck, it looks like we both are going to be busy with our LOTF fics.

3. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Sure thing!

Indeed we will be. I have alot of notes on what this should be so updates shouldn't be that far apart... I hope. Glad you enjoy it.

Edit 1: I editted the first post with all nine titles.

4. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Chapter 2

Jacen Solo took his daughter's hand and walked with her to the gate. The Jedi Temple stood before them as massive as ever. The golden gate still held strong. Jacen conversed with the gate keeper and stepped back to open the gates. The gears clanked and a large thump acompanied it when it moved itself out of the way.

Jacen looked to his child and smiled, "Are you ready?"

She smiled, half giggling at her Father over-protectiveness. "Yes, Dad. I'm fine. Ben will take care of me. He always has."

Jacen swallowed and smiled again. "Alright. Go ahead. I'll be along later tonight. After your classes. Say hello to Ben for me!" he yelled waving her off. He watched her go and thought to himself. Here we go again. He smiled inside and laughed at himself. His daughter was a spirited young woman now. His Wife and him tried their best to raise her properly, as she came unexpectedly. She reminded him alot of her Mother. Fierce, committed, powerful, and many more qualities Jacen was sure of.

He closed the gates then took off for home in his speeder.

She ran through the gates and into the main hall. She looked over to the bench on the right and saw her friend, Cray Osar. He slid off the bench, "Hey there."

"Hi. Do you know what's on the list for this year?" Jiana asked him. Her parents were going to originally name her after her Aunt Jaina. But her Mother didn't want it exact so she twisted it a little. She takes off six months every year to stay with her Mother on Hapan. Where she would continue her training.

He shrugged, "I haven't checked yet, you should see." Cray moved the side so Jiana could check the list. He kept to himself alot, as he only had a few friends. His only family was his twin brother, Leon. And his sister, which he never talks about.

Lets see... Jiana ran her finger down the holo-pad pasted on the wall. Each year carried a diffrent schedule of classes. She quickly memorized the list and moved away. Cray then took over and memorized his list.

"Nice, not a bad list of classes this year. Compared the last year anyway." commented Cray backing away from the pad and walking down the hall.

"Agreed. Are Apprentice Trials soon? Now that we're older we should get notices." she asked excitedly. Apprentice Trials were one of the many things she looked forward to when returning to Corusant. She hoped this year she would get a notice. "Where would they be posted?"

"I don't know. You should check your quarters. I'm going to check mine so I'll see you in class." answered Cray walked in the opposite direction.

Jiana waved good-bye and ran for the turbolift. She took it down to the Dormitory. She checked the roster for her room number then sprung off. She opened the door and switched the lights on. It was comfortable looking. Small, with one bed, with all her clothes and supplies in the room already. She found her lightsaber and comnlink on the bed and picked them up. She stored the comnlink on her belt and activated the lightsaber. The blue beam still sparkled. Jiana gave it a few swings just to make sure she remembered how to use it. On Hapan they didn't use their lightsabers. They pracitced more mind concerning exercises. Jiana would bare with them, though she prefered the Corusant method.

A small beep from the endtable near her bed alerted her to that she had a letter. She sat on her bed and turned it on. The letter appeared before her and she scanned it with her eyes. A smile lit her face as she finished reading. Joy filled her. She had recieved her invite to the Apprentice Trials. She quickly selected the mail option and wrote a letter to her Grandparents. After it was finished she sent it off. She layed back on her bed thinking

5. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Very interesting. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

6. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Thanks!

Excuse my spelling (I need a spell checker!). Chapter 3 will be up as soon as possible!

7. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    You've got me really curious now [face_thinking] Good job on chapter two.

8. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Hehe... I hope I can keep that up. Thanks. I look forward to more of yours though.

9. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    You shoud've PM'ed me about this, Ben! This is really good, PLEASE PM me with the next update, 'kay?

I thought this part was really well written:That moment Luke felt something. A presence of evil. He heard the loading of a rifle and found that it was aimed for Leia. "Leia, down!" he screamed bringing out his lightsaber. He dived for Leia's pod and deflected the bullet just in time. Leia threw herself to the ground as the crowd scattered. There were too many people in the room for Luke to scope out the attacker. Though he could feel the presence leaving. He sheathed his blade and kneeled beside his sister. "Are you alright?"

=D= I tend to over think things, and it comes out sounding to-well, thought out. This sounded so natural, like it was really happening. =D= Fantastic job!

10. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Thanks! Wow... I'll be glad to PM you. I'm happy you enjoyed it. I'll post as soon as possible.

11. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Chapter 3, Part 1

Jiana exitted her quarters early the next morning. She stretched her arms in air, yawning. She was dressed in a regular Jedi uniform. All Jedi students had to wear them. Her sleek brown hair was let loose down her shoulders. She checked for her lightsaber thne hurried off to class. She ran past many Jedi along the, but stopped when she saw Ben on leaning on the wall near the classroom door. "Hey, Ben!"

He smiled and turned in her direction. His dark, shaggy brown-red hair fell a little longer than his shoulders. He was taller than Luke now, yet he was only nineteen. He wore a diffrent version of what a Jedi Knight's robe would be. It was dark blue, covering his entire body. He wore a long scarf around his neck as it was close to the colder season of Corusant. "How's training coming?" his voice had grown soft and mellow almost.

"Great. I got my invite to the Apprentice Trials." she said proudly.

His face beamed with excitment, "Really! Thats wonderful. When are they?"

She thought for a moment trying to recall the exact time. "Middle of the year. I can't wait!"

"I understand. I was about your age, maybe a year younger. When I recieved my invite. It's a very exciting moment in your life."

"Haha... Well I better get to class. Got to keep up if I'm going to be ready for the Trials." commented Jiana.

"Alright." he hugged her quickly, "I'll see you at the Trails then. If your lucky I might choose you." He winked and watched her enter.

He was about to leave, when Jacen raced down the hall and nearly ran him over. The Force alerted him and he stepped away, stopped in Jacen in his tracks. "What's wrong?"

"My Mother was attacked. At the Senate meeting. They think they know who did it. Our Dads are going to meet him now." answered a traumatized Jacen.

"Chief Omas." whispered Ben. He didn't need Jacen to tell him. All Jacen had to do was think it, and he knew. Ben's ability to read people's minds came without knowing. But now he was able to control the ability.

Without surprise, Jacen nodded. They all knew of Ben's powers, and limits they rarely possessed. Ben's midi-chlorians had shot off the scale. They were higher than both Luke's and Jacen's combined. They had to modify the scale to account for Ben's power level. "I've got some time to kill, wanna spar? Once we're done we'll check up on our parents."

Ben smirked, "Your on. What do you say to ten credits a win?" Betting on sparring matches was one of Ben's favorite pastimes. He was a brilliant swordsman, but a little cocky in the mind on many Jedi Masters.

"None this time. I don't have [/i]that much time." Jacen took him to an empty training room and unclipped his lightsaber.

Ben did the same and circled him. "No Force powers?"

"None." he answered. Putting one foot infront of the other to circle Ben.

Ben ignited his lightsaber, the translucent blue wavering in his hand. He brought the blade to a high guard and spun left. He aimed for the ground, but fell into Jacen's forest green blade. Ben pulled upward and slid to the right, ducking a strike. Jacen flipped backwords over Ben's dorsal strike. The desperation to help his Mother fueled his attacks. Pounding into Ben's lightsaber again and again. Until Ben collasped on the ground. Ben held his weapon upward to guard a further attack.

"Yield." offered Jacen.

Ben just laughed and leaped. He flew over Jacen's head and switched back just in time to block another strike. He forced Jacen's weapon into air and kicked hard on his chest. Jacen stumbled into the

12. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    Oh no, not good, dark side approaching.

13. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Hehe.... Not good at all.

14. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    *clap* I'd like to be added to the PM list! This is great!

~CS

15. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    I sense something evil approaching. Good update!

16. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    I'll be happy to add you! I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far.

Maybe... Maybe not... I can't say. Expect Part 2 tonight.

I'm still waiting for your post!

17. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Chapter 3, Part 2

The two entered the Senatorial Estate. Luke asked the Secretary where to find Chief Omas.

"I'm sorry. Chief Omas wishes not to be disturbed at the time. Please come back later." she replied.

Well it matters no longer. Then the void came over him again. He brought Han over to the side and whispered in his ear. "Omas is here. He's carrying a Ysalamiri with him. I can't persuade the Secretary to let us in. You'll have to stun her."

Han nodded and switched the blaster mode. "Lets go, kid."

"Aren't I a little old for you to be calling me 'kid'?" commented Luke.

Han drew his blaster, "Not in my book." He flashed his smuggler grin and stepped forward. "Sorry, but what was that about Omas?" He leveled the blaster at her chest waiting for a responce.

She picked her head up and stood straight. She started to speak, but Han trigger finger was faster. The stun-bolt hit the woman straight in the chest, knocking her back to the chair, slumped on the desk. "That takes care of things. Now for Omas." Han led the way towards the house of Chief Omas. Han stood on the left, Luke on the right. "Ok I'll kick the door open and you jump him. Alright?"

"Ok, got it." answered Luke readying his weapon. He closed his eyes trying to focus himself, but calmness eluded him. Han kicked, Luke sprung into the room, weapon out and ready.

"Greetings, Master Skywalker. Mr. Solo. I'm glad your all here. I've been expecting you for sometime." stated Omas, his smiling bearing the white teeth of a villianous smirk.

Han stepped forward this time the blaster aimed for the kill. "There's about two modes on this blaster! Stun, and you better tell me what the hell is going on before your carcass is being feasted on by the Scavengers of the Surface!"

Luke made no motion to stop Han. Which seemed to frighten the Chief slightly. But then his smirk returned. "I've got someone I wish you to meet." He motioned to behind the door. "Chewbacca, meet Han Solo."

The color drained from both Luke's and Han's face as they turned to look. Standing behind the door, was a brown wookie. Wearing the same belt across his chest, bearing the same bowcaster. He roared at the top of his lungs, the wookie war cry.

Han felt like his heart had been ripped out and eaten. Tear fell fast from his eyes. "Chewie?"

The wookie barked an affirative growl.

"Chewbacca has been dieing to see you both. Well I better let you all catch up." and with that said he leaped out the window. Luke stared out the window. Chief Omas fell onto a speeder just below the window and sped off into the darkness.

The void left and again Luke felt darkness. The presence of evil that attacked Leia. The wookie drew his bowcaster, aiming it at Han. Then Luke knew for sure that this wasn't Chewbacca. Now that the void had left Luke could see that it was their friend. This wookie was black, striped with white. But he could feel the Force within him. He was projecting Chewbacca's image into Han's mind. Destroying him from the inside.

"Chewie... What are you doing? Don't you know who I am?" pleaded Han.

Luke ran over to him and touched his mind. "Han! Listen to me! This is not Chewbacca! He's using the Force to make you think it's Chewbacca." Then he fed the Force through Han eyes to see what was truly there.

Han's eyes widened, "Why you son of a-!" Han drew his blaster and shot full power. The wookie ducked it and burst through the wall. Luke re-ignited his lightsaber and followed, Han right behind him. Their opponent leaped forward onto an on-going speeder. He threw the driver out,

18. Briman

Oct 8, 2004
    That was unexpected! :eek:

Chewie, or a Force projected Chewie. Cal Omas is a deadly one for sure, better watch out for him. Good update.

19. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004

No, it a Force Projected Chewie. As the Green Goblin once said: The cunning warrior attack neither the mind nor body. But their heart.

And if your wondering why he doesn't have a lightsaber. It's because he's a Force Sensitive Bounty Hunter. He can't get a lightsaber. He doesn't know how to build one. He just knows how to use his powers, but reading about it and receiving training. But from where I cannot say.

Thanks! Chapter 4 is on it's way!

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    "Aren't I a little old for you to be calling me 'kid'?" commented Luke.

Han drew his blaster, "Not in my book." He flashed his smuggler grin and stepped forward.

[face_laugh] Great one! :D

21. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Thank you!

I tried my best to make some quotable lines at least. But I put it there to show the relationship between them is very very strong. Which will play a major part here.

22. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Wonderfully done, as usual! Poor Han though, thinking Chewie was alive :_|
    =D= Oh, and [:D] for the PM

23. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    No problem. Happy you liked it.

24. Ben_Watson

Oct 11, 2004
    Chapter 4

Ben followed Jacen out when a notice screached over the comn. All Jedi Knights and Masters who are not teaching classes, please report to the Breifing Room.

"We'd better go." suggested Jacen. He figured it had something to do with Chief Omas.

"Agreed." he and Jacen marched to the turbolift and rode it upto the top level. Once their they walked freely into the Briefing Room, where the Knights and Masters were gathered. Only Ben went with Jacen to the Council's Table. He wasn't a Master, but his Father wouldn't mind. He's been involved important things before. There were very few Masters in the New Jedi Order. Though some Jedi Knights had been recently promoted, like his Aunt Jaina and his former Jedi Master, Kyle Katarn.

The stage that they had build ejected out from the wall closest to Ben. It had been build for huge briefings such as these. So everyone could here his Father when he spoke.

Once the stage was fully out Luke stepped up. He made sure his comnlink would project his voice over the speaker then started. "I glad so many of you came. I'll need as many of you as possible. This is an issue of Galatic Proportions. This not only affects the Alliance, but the entire Galaxy, even the Unknown Regions." His start caused people to stir in questioning. "I am sorry if I startled you. I can only imagine what your all thinking right now. Some of you know already what I'm about to say. Most of you are completly clueless. So to end that here it is." He paused to allow a moment of suspence so everyone could quiet down. "As you all know there as been an attack on Leia Solo. The Bounty Hunter has been killed thought. But his client has yet to be caught. Chief Cal Omas is still on the run."

Shock spread throughout the room. Only Jacen and Ben showed no emotion. Jaina caught their reaction and leaned across the table. "You two knew already?"

"Yes." whispered Ben. Staring up at the stage.

"But Luke didn't want us to say anything." finished Jacen.

She glared at them both for not letting her know ahead of time, then sat back down. Jaina had always trusted them, especially Jacen. He must've blocked her off from their twin-bond. Because she would have known before had it been open. Though she did respect them for keeping the secret. I suppose it was better. Than everyone would asking questions before Luke was ready. She nudged a feeling of forgiveness between the three of them. Thanks and a relieved sense on Ben's part came her way.

Zekk poked her softly with his elbow and motioned to the stage. Luke was about to start again. "I'm sorry for the damage this must inflict on you. Some of you were great supporters of his. Others were not." he stated. Everyone knew he was talking about the Jedi Council. Not one member on the board trusted the Chief. And this news had proven their point why. He was sly, cheating, politician. Who could be bought like that! "I'm assembling a team to go after him. We will not kill him. But we first must bring him in for questioning."

The shock on everyone's face died out now. But they were left shaken. Jaina herself still felt shocked. She believed it, because she had never trusted him. He even tried to start a war with the Chiss. I guess after that he figured he had nothing left to lose. Jaina would definatly be on the team to go after him. She touched Zekk's mind and felt him stiffen.

After their Joiner bond had been broken she had been left with knowledge of how Zekk felt about her. Since then he had felt very uncomfortable around her. And she understood that, but since the bond something had grown inside Jaina. A feeling that always grew more every time she was around or saw Zekk. She didn't know whether to nuture

25. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    =D= How many times do you update? :p

I loved it! Great J/Z!

~CS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.