main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy of the Force Campaign Guide

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi_Matt, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    [image=http://www.wizards.com/starwars/images/SW_LegacyCover170x174.jpg]

The Legacy Era Campaign Guide takes players and Gamemasters over a century after the Battle of Yavin to the dark future of Star Wars. Set during a three-way war between two factions of the Empire and the remnants of the Galactic Alliance, the Legacy Era is rife with great opportunities for adventures.

The galaxy has once again fallen under the shadow of the Sith and the Empire, bringing about an age of tyranny not seen since Palpatine took control of the Republic. Sith Lords openly work for Darth Krayt, and the galaxy has been devastated by war. The Dark Times have returned with rampant crime, oppression, and violence.

2. Mix the best of the classic trilogy with the exciting elements of this Expanded Universe period.

3. Contains adventure hooks and new character options.

4. GMs can create campaigns that challenge the assumptions of the Star Wars Universe.

5. So, who's picked up this book? It's been out for over a week and there has been no discussion of it on here yet.

I have questions over how the character stats are put together. In some places the stats are put together based on the character's past, but in the case of Nat Skywalker, his Jedi Master past is forgotten and instead he's an 8th level scoundrel?

If that's how the stats are being done, you might as well forget about giving Luke his first level in Scout, right?

I like the two new Force factions, do the Disciples of twilight have ties to Darth Vectivus? The light Bending and Phantasm talents have strong links to those Lumiya and Alema Rar used in the Legacy of the Force series.

6. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I picked it up and already put it to use . . . well, the stats are a nightmare. Kol is Level 14 (so what could he have done on Ossus if he had been a 16 or 20?)? Nat has no Jedi Level. And Roan Fel is Lvl 20 but somehow so drawn between things he isn´t that powerful. Talon somehow isn´t really that good with a lightsaber. Cade only has zhe stats for the beginning of Legacy. When the whole Sith training is the interesting part.

Ships stats are excellent. A lot of new material there and many good ideas. The design for the next generaton of AT-ATs, freighters, fighters and so in is amazing. Good work there. The new force user classes are . . . okay. I am pretty sure they make good allies and villians, but they turn up a little late, as you have plenty of Sith around to fill that position. Imperial Knights and all kinda Jedi from fallen to hiding, denying or fighting. They might be of great use in eras before Legacy, though.

The great moment is the Galactic Alliance part and the Empire part where it is explained how things work.

As with previous publications we basically have a "comic-handbook" with some RP elements here. Which is the way they want to do it. Look at the Wizards-manager interview on the lit-forum.

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Didnt buy it but looked through it. I liked the Legacy Destiny idea

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.