main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy of the Force Comics & Book series

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Jedipete33, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    First I'll say that LOTF Betrayal is right now on the bestsellers list at borders for 30% off.

Second I got issue 0 of the legacy comic today and pretty much my opinion hasn't changed. This story is just so overused and contradicts everything that has ever happened in star wars so far about luke and anakin's *cough* legacy. The art is great, but I can't say the same about the really crappy 3-d rendering they have of the ships and planets in issue 0. I hope that was a one time thing to help us get a feel for what things look like. Overall I hope this series crashes and burns. If only it was set 1,000 years after the Skywalkers.

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I haven't had a chance to pick up a copy of this issue yet, but I hope it is better than what you say. I should get it sometime next week and I'll be able to post my reactions then.

Still have more than enough SW novels that I haven't read to go out and buy that book. I still haven't picked up a copy of Outbound Flight (even though I have read about half of it while at Barnes & Noble a couple of times), and that will be my next SW novel purchase.

3. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    I know what you mean about the novels, they keep dropping them in our lap "for a price of course" quicker then we can read them.

As for legacy #0, I'm probably overeacting over a preview issue, but I've been disappointed before. But you should definitely pick it up mostly cause of the 25 cent price. I had a coupon and got it for 19 cents! wooo!

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Right from the beginning, I didn't like the direction the Legacy comics were taking. It's set too close to the current SW timeline and like you said, it contradicts too many things. With that in mind, I'm not even going to bother with this series. It's just a bunch of crap in my mind and I'll end up probably just passing it off as an AU and say it never happened.

The Legacy of the Force book series, however, I'm interested in. I just picked up Betrayal and I'll be starting in on that fairly soon.

5. Jedipete33

Jul 26, 2004
    Well Legacy #1 is out today. I'll probably buy the first few just to check it out, but I'll probably just stick with rebellion.

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey guys :cool: :D
    I am from the UK, the north of England in fact, where the cities of both Lancaster and York are situated ;) Thought I'd pop in and say "Hi", since I am also a Dark Horse Comics boards poster too (TimB).

I hope you do give the Legacy comic series a chance. Legacy #1 had some pretty dramatic stuff in there, and I know Jan Duursema and John Ostrander work as hard as they can to do good stories. They also do some deep stuff, they are very much into looking beyond the surface of characters and are great storytellers. The setting is done so that we are a little away but not too far. I know some people want it further, but 100 years means at least a few generations away but close enough for the Skywalker and other lines to have a big impact. This is also the time period George Lucas is quoted (in the "Making of Revenge of the Sith" book) as saying when R2 tells the story of Anakin and Luke Skywalker to a shaman of the Whills - so if R2 is relating it to a shaman rather than anyone else, something must have happened for him to do so and there must be a reason why. The rupture in the fabric of society we know (Jedi, good guys in power) as we will see, may well be the reason.

Even if you don't buy it, have a peek at issue one in the shops. You may like it ;)

Edit: Re Luke's/Anakin Legacy - they were meant to bring balance to the Force. There was nothing saying for how long. It was only one prophecy, a big one no doubt, but they ended the Emperor's reign of terror and fulfilled it. There could be more prophecies - and we also know the Jedi were wrong on many issues. Future seeing is not an accurate art form, Luke's Dagobah vision and Yoda's view of it is proof of that. But you seriously think the Galaxy will be safe afterwards? The Galaxy will always face danger, and Sith Knowledge will always be there to picked up by the next Jedi led astray. History repeats itself, because some people will always refuse to let go of the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.