main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora
    Kessel Champion, Mandalore

Cora felt herself blush a little in embarrassment, she hadn't thought her pronunciation was that horrible. Bad yes, but not to the point where the sound of disgust resonated through Czerka's voice. She did feel a little relieved when they were allowed to enter the atmosphere, thanking the Mandalorian Fighter pilot in the process. Cora shifted forward slightly to observe the snowy terrain, and felt a warm feeling travel up her spine. Had she been here before?

That sight looks familiar. Cora thought to herself, feeling slightly uncomfortable. Is this how all Mandalorian Jedi feel when they return to their home planet?

Cora turned to look at Padawan Bovie, smiling slightly at the sight of him leaning forward to get a better view. That looked familiar. Cora turned to look at the com as a voice of one of the jet pack wearing Mandalorians came through.She managed to make out the word Itera, and family.

So family Itera. That must be the Clan were meeting. Cora strained her ears, trying to make out the language. They were asking for her name? Cora frowned, and paused. She wasn't sure what that last word was and turned to her fellow Knight with a shrug.

"Cora. My name is Cora." Cora blurted out quickly. "I need to speak to your Alor." Cora felt proud at her pronunciation of that particular word. She knew that she had said it correctly unlike earlier, with the mangled way she had said Beskar. "I request permission to land without conflict." She looked out the window and looked at the Mandalorians flying by again.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik vncredleader

2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Ugem'bivi
    Smugglers Den, Kashyyyk

Turning down an alley, Bivi tried pushing the recent interaction out of her mind. Just be quiet Bivi, follow your Master's lead. Her brow was furrowed as she coached herself to behave like a 'proper' padawan. Just then, the Commander spoke up in a low tone, "We're entering the den now, keep hold of your valuables." But I don't have any valuables, she thought to herself. Jedi don't usually keep much when it came to commonly valued items like credits or gems. Peeking behind to her master, she wondered if her lightsaber was concealed well enough. "Kla won't be far," the commander finished.

'Well that's good," she couldn't help but stating the obvious, still too self-aware to be comfortable in her own skin. Thinking her role in this mission was a lost cause, she sighed heavily as they continued into the dingy den.

TAGS: Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels Coffee_Ninja BookExogorth

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

The walk to Solo's camp did not seem to be a particularly long one, as they spent most of the trip discussing ghost stories, and the like. Much of what was said they already knew from their research; but there still was a certain eeriness to the way the Professor recanted it. The Ongree didn't even think twice about the paranoid droid who's gaze was boring holes in the back of their head. Figuratively of course. It seemed odd that a mere assistant would act in such a way, a droid at that, But he did not dwell on it.

Instead he maintained his focus on the humans tale. Trying to learn what more he could of this curious world.
    The man explained how he came to take interest in this planet. How he uncovered more detailed records, and how the original colonists began disappearing.
    "I looked at it further and all the records I can piece together on this place indicate the same thing, mysterious, spooky..."
    "Haunted." The Lasat spoke with an edge of fear in his voice.
    "Interesting. But I've never been one for Ghost Stories." The Ongree shrugged.

"I bet if we find whatever that something is, we find your friend. So..whadya..."
    "What...what is that?" Young Isabella interrupted, pointing to a strange mound she had located. She seemed interested, but surprisingly distant.
    That's an old shrine of some sort, been here a lot longer than the colony. Found a bunch of them scattered up and down the HZ. Most are intact, but some aren't. That one's intact, but pretty well picked over before I got here. Still there's evidence of ritual sacrifice there, burn pits on the other side of the altar and so forth. Bone fragments in those show something medium sized was sacrificed"

"Curious. I somewhat doubt colonists of the Republic would willingly engage in ritual sacrifice. Could that mean there was sentient life on this world before their arrival?"

"Even with the degradation I can say for certain the bones were not human. The bone density was well off." The droid explained.
    For an instant Semajj thought back to the monsters Al'Kesh had brought to the temple. "Beast?" He muttered, though he knew better than to presume without evidence.
    The Ongree glanced towards Padawan Isabella with concern, she sensed something, or something sensed her.

"We have time, wanna check it out?"

"I'm not so sure that is a good idea..."
    The Jedi trailed off. More and more this world was beginning to unnerve him. He didn't sense anything strange, but that alone caused him concern. His eye stalk's focused on the apprentice, but he said nothing else.

Sarge, Bardan_Jusik

The Vanguard, Bardan_Jusik and Sarge like this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure
    Eventide, dig site

I kept silent as we followed the archaeologists to their dig. I had a bad feeling about the direction the conversation was going. People hearing voices, and disappearing? Not good. And Isabella seemed distracted, as if she heard voices the rest of us didn't. Was I being paranoid, or was my Jedi foresight coming into late bloom? Should I warn her, or was this the will of the Force?

There were questions here that needed answering, and Isabella might lead us to answers. I decided to keep silent, not disturb the flow of the Force working on the Padawan, and follow closely. It wasn't a good feeling to use a person - a new friend - in such a risky manner. But she was a Jedi, young and inexperienced, true, yet still a Jedi who knew that her life was always on the line in service to others.

No matter what happens, Padawan, I am going to be right there with you, doing my duty as a Guardian, and anything that happens to you will happen to me, I promise. My silent thoughts brought me no comfort.

Tags: ConservativeJedi321, Bardan_Jusik

5. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Kachirho market, Kashyyyk

Taab set off, seemingly knowing where they were heading, so Liuna once again fell to the back of their party to keep an eye on things. She pulled her hood a little further forward to disguise her face, more out of habit than anything, and wished she had the mask she sometimes wore.

This Smuggler's Den was likely as bad as any she'd been to, and for a moment she entertained the thought of helping to clean up the area. The local Wookiees deserved better than to have a hive of criminals in their midst... but she let the thought go. They were on a mission, a specific task, and she doubted the other Jedi would allow her to stop these criminals, even if the Jedi should be protecting the innocent. It took a significant amount of time to root out gangs, and staying here for a few months was not in the cards, not when her former master had sent her to the Guardians for reasons unknown. You can always come back, she reminded herself.

Still leading, Taab took the group down an alley, and Liuna checked their surroundings before entering, looking for any signs of a tail. No one in the area seemed overtly suspicious, at least not towards them, and even if they were, well, Liuna would like to see the sort of common criminals that populated the Den take on four Jedi and a Mandalorian. She allowed herself the smallest smile at the thought, then slipped into the alley.

"We're entering the den now, keep hold of your valuables." He warned before giving them a brighter bit of news. "Kla won't be far."

Interesting, she noted, that Taab seemed to know where this Kla would be, but she said nothing. She mentally ran down a checklist of everything on her and determined none of it was within pickpocket range, though she slipped a hand behind her back, under her cloak, to rest on her lightsaber. Anyone who touched that might find themselves without a hand or two.

She nodded once at Taab to note her readiness. A small part of her hoped that this Kla would prove some challenge to them and let her stretch her fighting muscles; all of this walking around in broad daylight and avoiding conflict was getting on her nerves.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik The Vanguard Coffee_Ninja

6. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    GM approved!
    Character’s Name: Skyla Skywalker
    Species: Human
    Rank/Affiliation: Jedi Knight (Guardian)/ Guardians of Light
    Languages: Basic, understands some droid, bits of shyriiwook.
    Residence: Temple of Light
    Home Planet: Coruscant
    Approved Special Features: Pyrokinesis. (Can create and control fire)

Character Traits- Personality: Skyla is confident. Way too confident. She is a bit strict, but is usually laid back with her fellow Jedi. She always gets what she starts done.
    Habits/Mannerisms: Skyla sometimes pushes people a little too hard when she is trying to get something from them. She gets frustrated easily. She can be clumsy.
    Likes/Dislikes: Likes- Fire, flying, running, a good challenge, Victory. Dislikes- Heights, losing, skipping training, dishonesty.
    Racial traits: None.
    Strengths and weaknesses: Strengths- Skyla is strong, and it can help her in times of need. She is athletic, and trains for hours a day. She can run very fast.
    Weaknesses: Skyla can’t jump that high. It can slow her down in battle. She can’t meditate for a long period of time because she feels like she needs to get up and run. She has too much energy sometimes.

Looks/appearance: Skyla has strawberry-blonde hair which is usually pulled into a tight braid on the side. She wears tannish-brownish robes with armor on the shoulders. Her height is 5’ 5”

Picture:
    [​IMG]

(This picture is actually perfect. There’s fire in the background, there’s a purple lightsaber, it’s almost like it was made specially for Skyla. I found it online.)

Eye color: Light purple
    Hair/fur: Strawberry-blonde. Pulled into braid.
    Skin color: white
    Clothing: Jedi robes with armor on the shoulders.

Personal History: (This should be interesting.)

Immediate family: Parents (dead), Starla Skywalker (Whereabouts unknown to Skyla)
    She became a Sith.
    Spouse/children: N/A
    Biography: Skyla knew she was force-sensitive, but her parents disagreed with the Jedi. They believed that Skyla should stay at home with her family. Skyla and Starla’s parents were killed when they were four. Skyla was adopted separately from Starla into an abusive “family.” At age 9, Skyla decided she had enough and flew away in a ship. She had no idea where she was going. She flew for a while, and somehow found the Temple of Light. She stayed there, and became a Jedi. She struggled at first because of her past, but she overcame it. Sometimes she still has flashbacks when she smells a certain smell, sees a certain object, etc.

Miscellaneous-

Lightsaber:

—Blade Type: Standard
    —Blade Color: Amethyst
    —Saber Amount: One
    Combat Forms: Shii Cho
    Strong Area of The Force: Combat, telekinesis
    Weak Area of The Force: Mind tricks
    Pets: A Fire-Cat named Spitfire
    Weapons: Lightsaber
    Starship: An old Allanar N3 light freighter
    [​IMG]
    Droid: None

7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Outside Blue Moon Cantina, Port Pixelito, Malastare

Rak met the other group of Jedi outside the drinking establishment head still lowered in thought. Thinking if there was anyway he could aid the administrator, her sister did give her life to protect the galaxy. Something should be done to honor that. Maybe that book he’d been holding onto. Maybe not, it was written in a language he couldn’t read and he was pretty sure even the new librarian would have issues with it. It would just be another thing to clutter her desk with.

He was brought out of his thoughts by the approaching mandalorian Jedi.

"Skipper," Troi addressed Rak, for his part the nomad gave a firm nod of his head. Rand asked for the information gleaned from this sanctioned bar crawl. What Rak heard both disheartened, and intrigued him. On the one hand they learned nothing new about what Al'kesh was doing here but, then again they may have a lead on a force sensitive, a human that can compete and win a podrace. Something not seen too often, and when it is the Force is involved.

"Yes," Rak replied resting his chin between his thumb and forefinger. "This might be something to look into. A Force Sensitive this far out that hasn’t been taken in, we would be remiss in our duties if we did not at least investigate this. I would hate to see them turned, or have their potential wasted." He spoke in hushed tones not wanting to be overheard.

"You wouldn’t of happen to catch this racer's name perchance?"

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja

8. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi
    On a Jedi sactioned pub crawl, Port Pixelito, Malastare

Sighing slightly as he stood waiting he tried to run through a few calming meditations. Leaving someone to a gruesome fate was not something he relished, but life was a harsh teacher. The man had been offered a helping hand by a Jedi already, and he had turned it away to rely on his own reasoning. Flawed though it might be, he could not begrudge the man his stubbornness except for what it had gotten the man into.

An old conversation from his Master Trevalus came to mind, it had been during one of the many times they had shared a dark room. One of those precious moments when his Master did not have to wear protective goggles over his eyes and Jo could look into them. Reading the unguarded feelings and thoughts of his Master in those expressive eyes that stayed hidden so long behind dark goggles he doubted his Master had ever learned to lie with his eyes. An open book, raw and visible no matter how well Trevalus might hide his emotions in the Force. 'You will come across evil in your travels. There is always evil. It takes a Jedi's calm meditation and inner peace to be balanced enough to face such with a level mind.' Passing an insect that was finished on the small grill the Kubaz had turned away from his padawan to grab his own before sitting down as they shared the meal.

'I look forward to cutting it down Master.' he had naively replied. His own passion and yearning bare on his face as he tore a crisp bite out of his meal. Instead of proud eyes or even measuring he had seen sadness there looking back at him.

'So simple is the ways of the young. So direct, so true. We cannot stay like the Jedi of old, one to rule a world the other to aid it. You kill an evil and move on, a new evil will take its place, and after usurping a violently ended evil the next oft has sharper teeth.' Shaking his head Trevalus had reached out with the force and raised a poison tailed insect out of a cage. 'Or a deadly sting. More people suffer after a brief glimpse of freedom than those before, more people die because you killed one evil organization. Unless you fundamentally change the world, work with it's people to create the change or never leave so as to continually weed these evils out. . .you have harmed them. Not saved anyone with your use of the Force. You merely. . ." and then the floating insect suddenly imploded into a floating sphere of goo, "Have sated your own inner passions, and made them all the stronger the next time. Emotion is good, but passions, emotions that rule you instead of you ruling them. These passions are as sure a path to the dark, cold evil of your own nature as letting fear take root. That is why. . ."

'There is no passion. There is serenity.' Jo had solemnly stated. Only those eyes didn't sparkle with mirth or joy at them as he had expected. Trevalus' eyes had that sadness once more as the destroyed insect was lowered back into it's cage where the others timidly came out at first before devouring the corpse in record time.

As with most things in life the lesson he thought he knew then never truly compared to real life experience, and neither truly prepared him for it. Still as he breathed in and out and let the other Knight give a sitrep report he absently rubbed a hand along his jaw. Life was the harshest teacher of all, and looking back those words seemed so hollow when spoken in his youth, and so heavy as he recited them again now to himself.

Yes," Rak replied resting his chin between his thumb and forefinger. "This might be something to look into. A Force Sensitive this far out that hasn’t been taken in, we would be remiss in our duties if we did not at least investigate this. I would hate to see them turned, or have their potential wasted." He spoke in hushed tones not wanting to be overheard.

"You wouldn’t of happen to catch this racer's name perchance?" Rak asked.

"Orso." Jo calmly stated with a serenity that he did not feel. "Is this not something for another time? A time when we have time?" There was a slight edge to his voice, he did not mean for it to be there, but place was beginning to nibble at him. At what he was allowing to likely be done for the greater good. To not follow his passions, but to try to find serenity in the storm.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Bardan_Jusik, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @CPL_Macja

9. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Edo tried to smile as Bungles enthusiastically told her about the merits of the Den. She was glad that they were walking fast enough that there was no lingering at the individual people.

Bungles walked down a pathway that had a more deserted and hard feel to it than the others, but Edo followed him, albeit with a cautious air. He stopped at a stout alien with an odd face. "Hey out of the way Porker. I've got someone who needs to see Kla."

"Bungles-" Edo began in a reprimanding tone, but then she supposed that that might be normal here. "We would appreciate it," she added. The alien seemed very hostile, though,

She saw them.

Just at the edge of her vision.

She saw unfamiliar light siders.

These weren't those that she had seen on Alpherides, where everyone had a sort of quiet light. There, it was nice, especially in the populated areas, but she knew these were jedi. They were brighter, most definitely, and they had this power behind their light, which, though controlled, was distinct, and radiant. She wondered what she looked like in the force; would it be a quiet light, or would it be a brilliant light?

Edo didn't want to think about someone possibly seeing darkness.

She wanted to run over and approach them, but good sense and a feeling told her that waiting was the best option. Plus, she hadn't been paying attention to how the alien responded. She'd just follow Bungles and imitate him for now.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik

10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I

IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    Eventide

"We have time, wanna check it out?" Padawan Isabella nearly leaped at the chance to check out the shrine. it was calling to her, she felt it in her bones now and she was sure it..

"I'm not so sure that is a good idea..." Knight Nosrep's suggestion quashed her feeling of euphoria. Phrased as a suggestion, but to Isabella's ears it was clearly an order and she couldn't help but stamp her feet once in frustration though she relented. Solo though just laughed. "It's not dangerous, hells, we've dug around at least a dozen of the things." Both the droid, and even Reggie nodded. "Most interesting thing we found..."

"Aside from the bone fragments." Big X opined

"..was this old lightwhip." He patted it where it rested on his belt. "And it doesn't even work anymore!" He laughed again. "Don't get caught up in all the ghost stories that Reggie believes in." The Lasat looked hurt for a moment, but shrugged it off. "I've been at this for a long time, and it's all a bunch of superstitious mumbo jumbo. Nothing to worry about." He shrugged, it didn't matter to him one way or another whether these folks wanted to check out the shrine or not, but it seemed the girl had a knack, and was curious. The teacher in Solo wanted to nurture that, though it seemed her guardians were a tad over protective. He couldn't blame them though if their friend had gone missing, though it did lead now to an awkward silence, one that Reese finally broke.

"Perhaps if you told us more about these...shrines, did you call them?"

Solo rubbed his chin, his hand caressing the two day old stubble there. "Sure, though there's not much." he pointed to the shrine they could see again. "Like I said, found maybe dozens of them, all pointed in slightly different direction, but all the intact ones are pointed off towards the dark side of the planet..."

"Those are the ones with sacrifical victims right?" Isabella pronounced a little too enthusiastically.

"Yeah, that's right," came the answer as Isabella beamed with pride, still not taking her eyes off of the nearby shrine. "The others, the ruined ones are all generally oriented towards the light side of the planet." He winked at Isabella, "Sorry kid, no sacrifices there." She giggled a disturbing laugh which even seemed to catch the professor off guard before he continued. "Looks like both sets were in use around the same time, from a time well before the colony was established, and both fell out of use around the same time too..."

"Approximately 150 years ago by my calculations." Big X seemed rather sure of himself.

"...but I haven't found any signs of indigenous habitation. So I've no clue about who these worshipers were, or if the shrines are a part of a combined set of beliefs or two opposing ones." He shrugged, he didn't like not knowing, but he loved having questions to solve, and this world seemed most unwilling to give up its secrets.

"Would you feel better about things," he gave a sideways glance to Isabella, "if I showed you all one of the ruined shrines?" Isabella seemed disappointed at the notion of exploring one of those, but it seemed to Solo a good compromise, and would hopefully further what he saw as her interest in archaeology. "There is one nearby, won't take long to get there, and while we're at it you can tell me more about your missing friend."

TAG: Sarge, ConservativeJedi321, Zurros Ka

IC: Master Elim Rand/Knight Jacen Troi (NPCs)

"Yes," Knight Avarray seemed interested, but distracted, as he rested his chin between his thumb and forefinger. "This might be something to look into. A Force Sensitive this far out that hasn’t been taken in, we would be remiss in our duties if we did not at least investigate this. I would hate to see them turned, or have their potential wasted." He spoke in hushed tones not wanting to be overheard.

"You wouldn’t of happen to catch this racer's name perchance?"

"Orso." Knight Sadi calmly replied before stating his mind. "Is this not something for another time?" There was a hard edge to his voice that surprised Master Rand. "A time when we have time?"

Master Rand nodded serenely. "Yet the Force seems to have brought us here, now. It may well be that our mission need be subverted to the will of the force, or perhaps in this Orso did you say?"

"Erso. I thought." Troi interrupted. "I thought he said Erso."

Rand looked on thoughtfully for a moment. He had heard that name somewhere before though just when and where he couldn't say. "Yes, well. Perhaps this Erso can tell us what we need to know. If Al'kesh sensed his power, then perhaps Erso sensed Al'kesh as well. And if he did, perhaps he knows something of what happened to him." He looked to the others, hoping to form a consensus before going further down this path.

"That's all well and good ma..." Knight Troi stopped himself. "Mr. Rand. But how do we find him?"

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, CPL_Macja, Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Smuggler's Den, Kashyyyk

Taab was silently glad that none of the Jedi had tried prying further into just how he knew of Kla, or exactly why they were seeking him out to find the late Master Piim's lost lightsaber. Better to not have to answer such questions he thought as he smiled grimly behind his faceplate. The last time he and Kla had seen one another hand't been been a meeting that had ended with a handshake and a smile. He did note approvingly that Trapper (Knight Iotasi) once again positioned herself behind the group, covering their six as they went. At least one of their member then had some experience dealing with the sort of folks they could, would he corrected himself quickly, encounter in the Den.

Fortunately those that made the Den their home or work space also knew to give a Mandalorian in full battle rattle a wide berth, and the streets cleared in front of him as he led the Jedi through. He doubted anyone would want to make trouble with his "friends" either, and if they did, well they would get a whole osik load more than they had bargained for dealing with this group. Even the padawan could hold her own in a fight against most of these scum.

Their fear of the Mandalorian led for a brisk journey through the Den and it's twisting roadways, alleys and even a few dead ends that Taab managed to avoid as the Jedi moved in silence. "Just around the corner now, at the end of the alley," Taab broke that silence. Little did he know that part of the reason for the Jedi's quiet was the rising sense of something, or some one, nearby powerfully emanating with the light side of the force, and that the feeling grew stronger the closer they got to their destination.

Rounding the last corner Taab and the Jedi could see several closed doors that opening onto the alleyway, the one at the far end was guarded by a large green Gamorrean wielding his stereotypical vibro-ax. He appeared to be barring entry of two humans, or near humans. A male and female, both young adults or perhaps older teenagers. Taab stalked towards them and the Gamorrean expecting them to move out of his way just as the others in the den had. Meanwhile the Jedi could sense now that the woman was the source of the force signature they had all been feeling since entering the den.

TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels,

IC: "Bungles" (NPCs)
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

Bungles started to get worried as Porker continued to squeal at he and Edo. He wasn't usually this agitated, but maybe it had something to do with Bungles not being here to actually offer anything. "She's a client...I think." He pointed to his new friend who didn't seem to be paying any attention to either of them. She had wanted to come here what was so... Bungles looked down the alley and saw the tallest Mandalorian he had ever seen approaching with long, measured strides. Even Bungles knew better then to get involved with a Mandalorian, blood thirsty savages that made most of the criminals in the den look like youth scouts.

"ummm time to go, we can come back later." He pulled at Edo's sleeve though after thinking about it for a moment he realized there was no where for them to go, this was a blind alley and the only way out was past the Mandalorian and his friends.

TAG: BookExogorth.

IC: padawan Bovie (NPC)
    Aboard the Kessel Champion, Mandalore

"Cora. My name is Cora." Knight Cora blurted out a reply in basic. Bovie didn't know what the question was, but apparently the Mandaloiran Knight still remembered some of her native tongue. "I need to speak to your Alor." Alor? that word was new to the padawan, but he figured it must mean someone in authority. "I request permission to land without conflict." She finished, with what the Gran thought was a splendid suggestion. Land without conflict. Yes he did like the sound of that.

The Mandalorians seemed to agree as after a few moments a different voice gave them instructions on where to land the Champion, a small clearing surrounded by woods below. "Guess that mean's they agree to see us," Bovie said happily as he got up from his seat in the cockpit and headed to the cargo hold. "I'll go wake up Knight Skywalker."

A few minutes later

The Kessel Champion settled down softly on it's landing struts. The ground was covered in snow and a hard landing would have been the exception here, though the skill of the pilot, Knight Aldor, certainly had something to do with it as well. It was cold, the first thought came to padawan Bovie's mind as he stepped off the boarding ramp. He supposed he should have expected that, what with the snow capped evergreen trees that surrounded them and the half meter of snow he stepped off into, but still the coldness of the environment surprised him. He looked back to Knight Skywalker as she stepped off the ramp behind him. Her frosty breath was already visible. She had spent much of the trip back in the cargo hold, sleeping, but he had managed to wake her without too much fuss as the ship was landing. Behind her were Knight Aldor, their pilot, and of course Knight Cora, their reason for being here. It was just the Jedi for the moment, but they weren't alone long.

As soon as the ramp behind them had closed the whooshing of jetpack could be heard and the Mandalorians that had "escorted" the Champion to the surface landed themselves, in a semi-circle around the vessel, with their blaster pistol's drawn. "Jetiise," one of them, a male, spat out as a curse, but it was the female that landed nearest to them quickly defused what could have turned into a nasty situation. "ner'ad", Bovie heard the mando'a words spoken under the female Mandalorian's breath though he didn't understand them even as the woman holstered her pistols. The other Mandalorians followed suit, though even Bovie could feel from them their reluctance to do so.

"My daughter," the female Mandalorian now spoke in basic as she approached the Jedi. "It has been far too long." She removed her helmet and there were tears in her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Knight Skywalker in a warm hug. Bovie barely suppressed his urge to laugh out loud, though he couldn't hide the smile that formed on his Gran face. This Mandalorian woman, Knight Cora's mother apparently, was hugging the wrong Jedi!

TAG: TheSilentInfluence, vncredleader, Skyla Skywalker

OOC: And welcome to the game Skyla! Any questions (from anyone) just PM me and I'll do my best to answer.

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Outside the Kessel Champion, Mandalore

Cora shivered slightly when she stepped off the ship, momentarily distracted by the snow covered scenery as the Mandalorians finally landed, she looked over at them with curiosity, not recognising what the female Mandalorian, who to Cora seemed to be clearly in charge from the way the others followed her example and put their blasters away. At least we haven't had to defend ourselves yet.

The word Jetiise was clear enough. They knew they were Jedi. And Cora didn't look away as she instinctively placed a hand on her lightsaber hilt. She felt uneasy or maybe she was just unsure. Besides the Masters had the Temple who had Mandalorian Heritage, Cora hadn't been in the Company of Mandalorian's before. Let alone their warriors.

My daughter.

Cora felt a little confused and turned her gaze to Skylar. "Have you always been Mandalorian and never told me?" Cora asked, a slight teasing tone to her voice. They had gone to Ilum together, gotten their lightsaber crystals and eventually gained Knighthood along with Knight Aldor. As far as Cora knew, Knight Skywalker was the farthest person from a Mandalorian that she knew.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik vncredleader Skyla Skywalker

13. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    IC: Varian Aldor
    Outside Kessel's Champion, Mandalore

I was taken aback in shock by the armor clad Mandalorian hugging Skyla. Unsure if I should interrupt to ask the warrior if she knew something we didn't or if I should just be quiet. I opted to nudge Core and whisper "I thought we where here to find your family?"

Tag: Bardan_Jusik TheSilentInfluence Skyla Skywalker

OOC: Welcome aboard Skyla!!

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC:Knight Cora
    Outside the Kessel Champion, Mandalore

"They just about shot us. You're sure their my family?" Cora whispered back quietly. It wasn't as if she didn't want to meet her family, but facing the actual reality of that was frightening.

15. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016

"Getting shot at by family is not surprising for me any---" I cut myself off not wanting to make the situation more tense by talking about having to shoot my own brother "we should probably ask her to stop crushing Skyla's rubs in a bear hug either way"

Tag: Bardan_Jusik TheSilentInfluence Skyla Skywalker

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Padawan Cora
    Outside Kessel Champion, Mandalore

Cora nods and glances at the Mandalorian woman again. "I think you might be confused. I was the one who asked for permission to land Alor. My name is Cora." I shift my feet and wait anxiously for a reply.

17. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    IC-Skyla Skywalker

I step off the ramp behind Varian, unaware of how cold it was going to be. I cross my arms over my body, attempting to get a little bit warmer. A Mandalorian female removes her helmet in front of me, with tears in her eyes.

My daughter. She begun. I look at her, confused. It has been far too long. The other Jedi giggle, and Skyla becomes embarrassed. The woman’s tight embrace was crushing Skyla, causing her to turn red and not be able to breath.

Skyla shoves the woman off of her, and stepped back. “Listen. I hate to break it to you, but I’m not your daughter.” She informs the woman.

Tag: vncredleader Bardan_Jusik TheSilentInfluence

18. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa

"Sorry," Edo mumbled, as Bungles seemed a bit irritated at her. He was no longer focused on her, though. He was focused on the group, which was here! But as they got close, Edo noticed the strange armor on the one leading the lightsiders. It seemed... mandalorian, maybe? Why would lightsiders be led by a Mandalorian, and why would a Mandalorian lead force users?
    "ummm time to go, we can come back later."
    Without thinking, she answered quietly, "No, Bungles, they're why we're here. They're je-"
    She looked at them again. Wearing no jedi robes, and in a place like this, they seemed to want to keep a low profile. What of this? Would she be shunned? Edo took stock of her clothes, the first impression on which many relied. Under a brown jedi robe, she wore a tunic with the older, traditional Alpheridian fabric on the edges, a belt with clasps on it for when she wore the sabers she had, leggings, and boots. A few of the human residents in her region had said that it looked odd, with "red" and "green" clashing. The clothing industry at home never bothered with the color of the clothing, since they were selling to a color-blind planet that had few migrants or visitors, so they saw no need to add an unnecessary cost of dye. It gave Edo unease, though, when she had first seen someone have a negative first impression of her based solely on her clothes.
    They were here, now. "Good day," she said to them.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels

19. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Smugglers Den

Kasumi's walls were down, and she was getting flooded with information through the Force. She had to quickly sift through it and make sure that she didn't get overwhelmed.

Memory

"They are too loud...there are too many!"

5 year old Kasumi sat in her family's home huddled in the quietest corner of her old room, covering her ears.

"Sis..."

"Too loud Phelan....make it stop! Too many!"

All her brother could do was kneel down and hold her. He rocked her back and forth, trying to calm her. He teared up....her could feel how frustrated and scared she was. He could only hear a fraction of the things she could.

Suddenly he felt her calm down, and her looked up expecting to see their mother, but there was no one. Kasumi had locked eyes with...no one. She was listening to no one.

Kasumi saw an elderly woman standing infront of her. Her voice was gentle and loving. "My child, the Force works strongly through you. Those that think that they are hiding thoughts and emotions from you, won't be able to. The truth will begin to flow from them to you...as if they were confessing all. Those who have passed will seek to pass their knowledge on to you. Be mindful of your training. Learn how to filter out the important from the constant chatter. I could take a life time to perfect your filters, but once you do, they will never fail you."

As Kasumi left her family home hours later to return to the Temple, she passed by the family pictures. There, in the picture, was a face...one she recognized, but never met before today.

End Memory

Kasumi felt the, dare she say, familiarity with where they were headed when Taab mentioned names and places. Yes, Taab knew more than he was letting the others know. That made Kasumi uncomfortable. The there was a stronger pull thought the Force. Younger presence....close. As the group came down the alley, she felt the Force presence narrow.....on the teenage female infront of them. Kasumi had heard the phrase "they are jed...." Yes, this young one knew who they were. Now, who was she?

"Good day."

Kasumi nodded in her direction out of respect.....but was it because she felt the Force move through her....or was it out of the greeting?

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, The Vanguard

20. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray

"Is this not something for another time?" Knight Sadi remarked with a hard edge in his voice that caused Rak to raise an eyebrow. "A time when we have time?"

"Yet the Force seems to have brought us here, now." Rand replied the vagabond knight nodded his head in agrement. "It may well be that our mission need be subverted to the will of the force, or perhaps in this Orso did you say?"

"Erso. I thought." Troi corrected, or maybe not. "I thought he said Erso."

There was a slight pause as Rand thought for a moment. Rak looked in his direction wondering what was going through his mind. "Yes, well. Perhaps this Erso can tell us what we need to know. If Al'kesh sensed his power, then perhaps Erso sensed Al'kesh as well. And if he did, perhaps he knows something of what happened to him." Rak gave a firm nod of his head when he caught the Master's gaze. The Force worked in its own way on its own time. When it presented an opportunity you took it. Rak had lived his life borne on the winds and whims of the Force. It had yet to steer him wrong.

"That's all well and good ma..." The nomad cast a bemused look the at the flustered mandalorian. Subterfuge was not he was accustomed to it seemed. "Mr. Rand. But how do we find him?"

"The race circuit would be a good start I'd think. Possibly find some sort of registration we can look at or they might already be there preparing for the next race, if it be near. If not, I'm sure some of the circuit staff may know something if we ask the right questions." He stepped to the side with a flourish of his long coat. "Let us be away then my friends."

His choice had been made. He would listen to his Lady, and heed her call. While many would see the Force as a amorphous thing with some will of its own. Rak always saw it as a woman that guided him. Lady Luck some might call her. To him she was The Lady of the Force and like the knights in the stories his father would tell him, Rak had sworn his fidelity to her and no one else.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja, Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var

21. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

"It's not dangerous, hells, we've dug around at least a dozen of the things." Solo tried to sooth his concern, though that wasn't what he was worried about.
    "Most interesting thing we found..."
    "Aside from the bone fragments." The Droid interrupted.
    "..was this old lightwhip. And it doesn't even work anymore!"
    A lightwhip? This place was getting curiouser and curiouser. He wasn't aware of any Jedi throughout history who had used such a weapon, and while not necessarily impossible he supposed, he was inclined to assume it was Sith in origin. Basing that presumption of his own studies perhaps wasn't one hundred percent accurate, but he figured it was a safe guess nonetheless.

That only added to his apprehension however. Was this place a Dark Side academy in ancient times? Or a battlefield of sorts? Neither case was ideal, if that weapon had survived over... who knows how long, he couldn't fathom what else might be out there; and the way Padawan Isabella seemed distant only served to intensify that feeling.

As the professor continued his explanation, Semajj moved over to where Isabella was standing. He didn't say anything immediately, only observing her reactions. She seemed surprisingly disappointed by his reluctance to investigate the mounds. And when she piped up with an almost eerie interest in the remnants of ritual sacrifice the Ongree raised an eye stalk in wonder. This place is definitely having an unusual affect on her. He contemplated with concern. Solo acted as if it were a show or something, feeding off the young womans interest, and even winking at her as he went on with his theatrics.

Finally Semajj leaned in and whispered to her."What is it? You clearly sense something the rest of us don't."

If she had even heard him, any answer she might have given was cut off by the professor offering a question of his own. "Would you feel better about things, if I showed you all one of the ruined shrines?"
    The Ongree moved his glance back to the Corellian with only subtle indications to his doubt.
    "There is one nearby, won't take long to get there, and while we're at it you can tell me more about your missing friend."

"I'm still not sure." He put in a tone he intended to be calm an reasonable. "But I would be very much interested in what young Isabella thinks about all of this."
    He turned back to the Padawan, projecting curiosity and understanding as best he could. "You are clearly eager to bear witness to the mysteries of this world. Would this be a fair compromise? Or is there something else you wish to tell us?"
    The Jedi tried not to sound overly commanding, or authoritative. But he just couldn't help but put a subtle prodding into his tone.

Tags: Sarge, Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik, Sarge and BookExogorth like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I

IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    Eventide

"I'm still not sure." Professor Solo smirked slightly at the Ongree's reluctance, though padawan Isabella seemed frustrated by the suggestion. She hadn't responded to the earlier whispered question to her from Nosrep, it seemed her mind was elsewhere, distant, yet focused. "But I would be very much interested in what young Isabella thinks about all of this." She turned to look at him, disdainfully at first though she soon cast her eyes towards the ground.

"You are clearly eager to bear witness to the mysteries of this world. Would this be a fair compromise? Or is there something else you wish to tell us?" She shook her head slightly. Though which question she was answering wasn't at first clear. Or perhaps she was simply denying the connection to this world that Knight Nosrep had implied. She looked back up at the Jedi knight, and then to the others, thoughtfully, as if trying to parse her words together carefully. "I just have..." she paused in thought again. "I have a very strong sense that we should pay ho..." she stopped again as if embarrassed. "That we should examine that shrine," she finally finished as she pointed to the nearby mound oriented towards the dark side of the planet. "It will lead to the answers we're looking for." She smiled an insincere, almost creepy smile. "All the answers we seek."

The professor laughed at her dramatic answer. "I don't know about any answers, we've gone over that shrine pretty carefully..." Isabella acted as though she didn't hear him, and just resumed staring at the nearby mound. Knight Reese exchanged a knowing glance with Knight Bonaventure. There was something unsettling about all of this, and Isabella was clearly at the center of it. But they were here to find answers about what happened to Knight Al'Kesh, and that shrine might be the best clue they had. It was clearly affecting her, maybe it had affected him too?

"Well, if it's not dangerous," Reese looked to professor Solo who shook his head with a wry smile on his face indicating it was not. "Then I think it's settled. Let's go check it out." He gave a brief nod to Knight Nosrep, he could feel that the Ongree Jedi wasn't comfortable with this move, but it had to be done. At least Reese thought it did. As the others prepared to get under way, padawan Isabella could scarcely conceal her pleasure at the decision, though it wasn't the youthful exuberance she had shown before. Meanwhile the Lasat, Reggie, said he would stay behind and watch the camp. As the others started off he muttered low under his breath so no one could hear him, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

As promised, the journey was short, and marked by a distinct lack of conversation among the group, though they couldn't get more thanb a word in edgwise Professor Solo's near constant monologue about what they were about to see. Upon arrival, Reese was disntinctly underwhelmed. it was a low mound of dirt, no more than a meter high, with an obvious altar at one end. "Told you, it wasn't much." Solo began as he shrugged almost apologetically. "The mound is low, but large, about 66 meters or so in circumference." It seemed no one was listening to him now though, the Jedi were all hearing something else.

"Do you hear that?" Knight Reese asked his fellow Jedi. He could clearly hear whispering now, and looking at them he could tell they all heard it, though he couldn't make out what was being said. Padawan Isabella could however, and her mouth began forming the words that she heard in her mind. "Come to the darkness, extinguish the Light. Come to the darkness..."

TAG: Sarge, ConservativeJedi321, Darth_Elu, Zurros Ka

OOC: Both your characters are hearing the whispers now, and a strong pull towards the shrine's altar. Neither of your characters can make out what the whispers are saying however. Any questions, just ask, I'm only a PM away.

IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

"The race circuit would be a good start I'd think. Possibly find some sort of registration we can look at or they might already be there preparing for the next race, if it be near. If not, I'm sure some of the circuit staff may know something if we ask the right questions." Knight Avarray stepped to the side with a flourish of his long coat. "Let us be away then my friends." Rand didn't bother hiding the smile of amusement that formed on his face at Knight Avarray's style, though he wondered if he was just compensating for his recent encounter with a surviving sibling of Knight Letali. Meanwhile Knight Troi did his best to hide the eye roll he felt coming on at the same actions. At least they were moving though. The group left the Blue Moon Cantina and it's unlucky patron behind to his fate as they moved on towards the racing fields. Luckily for them the pod racing circuit was big business on Malastare and there was no lack of signage to guide them on their way. Even better, the pod races required quite a bot of space, and were located out near unused portions of the space port. It wasn't long before the low din of incoming and outgoing starships to the port facility was replaced by the higher pitched whine of pod engines roaring as they sped around the track.

"We're in luck," Master Rand said jovially. "It sounds as though there is a race underway." Knight Troi corrected him however. "Not a race, not enough noise for that." He cocked his head to one side listening intently to the noise, whose exact source was still unseen. "Just one set of engines, a practice lap I should think." He looked smugly over to the Jedi master who shrugged.

Soon enough they were close enough to the course to see that indeed Knight Troi was correct, it was a single pod weaving it's way around the track, past old docking terminals and over old runways and taxiways. It looked like a particularly fast and dangerous course. Nearby were roughly a dozen pod garages, repurposed hanger bays, in which pods in various states of disassembly could be seen. Were they too late? Were the pods being broken down for transport somewhere else? Rand didn't know enough about pod racing to say, though he and the others noted that noise of the racing pod grew louder a throng of fans nearby rushed forward towards the start/finish line on the track, a spot on a taxiway near an old control tower.

"Well, I wonder if that's our man over there?" Rand said a little too loudly, still unaccustomed to the noise of the raceway. A nearby Gran, dressed in racing gear overheard him and shouted back as he ambled towards them, a second Gran following close behind. "That's Erso, just qualified with the fastest time for tomorrow's big race." The first one said helpfully, then he began to pout. "Those used to be my fans looking for autographs before he showed up." The Gran sounded rather depressed but the second, also in racing gear tried to cheer him up. Unsuccessfully. "No those were Garrod's fans. Before that they were my fans...and before that they were your fans." The second Gran clasped the first on the shoulder, but neither his gesture nor his words seemed to have the desired effect. "We just gotta get the shoot and scoot back, Gran!" He shouted. "The shoot and scoot!"

The first Gran didn't seem very happy with that, as he introduced himself to the Jedi. "I'm Bicky Robbe, former fastest Gran alive on the Malastarian circuit." He sighed loudly. "Y'all want an autograph or something?"

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, galactic-vagabond422, CPL_Macja

23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

IC: Beskaryc Taab/"Bungles" (NPC)
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

As they made their way down the alley way Taab looked down on the human scrambling about with disdain. He reminded Taab of Twitchy (Ian Thrace) the thief turned Jedi padawan turned Sith Lord. Given that the Guardians were here looking for a lightsaber the former padawan had used to kill a Master, the similarities between the two irked him all the more. The other one, a human...no, a Miraluka female greeted them warmly, "Good day," she said in a way totally at odds with their current surroundings. Taab glanced back to the Jedi, they were all silent thus far and didn't respond to the greeting. Looked like it was up to him.

"We're here to see Kla," Taab spoke with an air of authority. "He in there?" He pointed to the door guarded by the Gamorrean who let out a snort in reply. It was a different Gamorrean than the last time Taab had been here, so he didn't know his name. That would have made things either much easier, or much harder, depending on how much Kla had dwellt on their last encounter in the intervening years. Taab was about to tell him why they were here, when he remembered the street urchin and his companion. The Miraluka was too well dressed to be a normal resident of the Den, she must be new to the life of crime that was the boy's way of life.

"Go on, get out of here." Taab said menacingly to the pair. The boy jumped up and squeaked with fright. "C'mon Edo!" he screamed pushing past the Mandalorian and the Jedi, leaving Edo behind. He was so frightened he hadn't even bothered to see if she was following or not. Instead he ran headlong down the alleyway and then disappeared into the crowd as he turned up the street. "Good riddance," Taab snorted more to himself than anyone else before turning to look at the Miraluka the boy had called Edo.

"And what about you?"

TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels, BookExogorth.

IC: padawan Bovie (NPC)/Adalia Itera
    Clan Itera stronghold, Northern wildlands, Mandalore

While the Jedi had found humor in the situation, the local Mandalorians saw nothing funny in the current situation. “Listen. I hate to break it to you, but I’m not your daughter.” Knight Skywalker informed the Mandalorian woman as Knight Cora was identifying herself. Aghast, the Mandalorian woman, Cora's mother took a step back. On her face was a look of disbelief, and even disgust. Bovie didn't seem to think it was that big of a deal. Skywalker and Cora were about the same age, and both female. To his Gran mind they looked enough alike to be confused for one another to someone who didn't know them. The Mandalorians didn't seem to see it that way though.

"The Jedi, they took everything from you...your heritage, your clan." She clenched her fists. "You can barely speak the language, and now I, your own mother can't even recognize you." She shook her head angrily, the tears had stopped flowing as she slipped her buy'ce (helmet) back over her head. "They have torn away your culture, your very soul." With a sudden movement, one repeated by most of the other Mandalorians present, she drew her blaster pistol and leveled it at Cora. Bovie flinched, wanting to draw his lightsaber but he dare not. A blaster was aimed right for him, indeed all the Jedi had blasters aimed at them now, but just as the Gran had not gone for his lightsaber, nor had any of the Mandalorians actually opened fire...yet.

"You are no longer my daughter." The pain was evident in her voice, though she tried to conceal it. "I want you to leave and never come back."

TAG: TheSilentInfluence, vncredleader, Skyla Skywalker

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Clan Itera Stronghold, Northern Wildlands, Mandalore

Cora flinched as the blaster was aimed at her. Her mother. Cora thought silently as she removed her hand from the hilt of her lightsaber. She undid the clip, letting it fall to the ground before Cora raised her hands visibly above her head. She slowly walked forward until she was directly in front of her mother.

"I came here to get my Beskar. To forge my armor with my family." Cora swallowed hard, terrified. "I was young when the Jedi took me. I didn't even reconize you. I didn't even reconize home." She looked up at the sky for a moment. "I don't even know how to speak Mando'a properly."

Cora hesitated. "But I'm afraid I can't leave. I might be a Jedi, but I have to complete this. I don't know what the Mandalorian words are, but I read something when I was learning about the Clan Wars as a child. Mandalorians are more then their armor." Cora looked into her mother's visor. "I'm afraid that I'm a Jedi. I'm also your daughter. I might not remember how to be Mandalorian, but we share the same blood."

25. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016

I don't go for my saber with my hand knowing that that could make the Mandos more tense. "Just casually grip it with the Force without moving it at all" I say in my head. If they strike there may not be time for everyone to draw their blades, best I can do is try to block and grab Bovie and get him into the ship if needed. Never fought a full blown Mandalorian before, I should be afraid but honestly the thought more just fills me with adrenaline and focus

Tag: Bardan_Jusik Skyla Skywalker TheSilentInfluence

The Vanguard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.