main
side
curve

Star Wars Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik , Mar 10, 2017.

  1. Skyla Skywalker

    Skyla Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

    Registered:
    Apr 17, 2017
    IC: Skyla Skywalker
    Outside Kessel’s Champion
    Mandalore

    Skyla stood still. The Mandalorian was pointing her blaster directly at Cora. She couldn’t help but feel a little bit scared. She tried to focus on the situation. If she ignited her saber, the Mandalorians would definitely shoot, but they have to resolve this somehow. Without violence, for sure. Skyla tried to reassure herself by saying in her head over and over, “Cora’s mother would never shoot her.”

    Bardan_Jusik TheSilentInfluence vncredleader
     
    The Vanguard likes this.
  2. vncredleader

    vncredleader Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Mar 28, 2016
    IC: Varian Aldor
    Outside Kessel's Champion, Mandalore

    "Now's a time I really wish I had learned advanced saber throw against multiple opponents, better add that to the list.....if we survive" I think to myself


    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @Skyla Skywalker @TheSilentInfluence
     
    Skyla Skywalker likes this.
  3. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Listening to the others before they had left to the track had shown some interesting sides to things, but to be honest he had been distracted by his own thoughts of the man they had left to his own fate. On his recommendation. No one had suggested different, and in a way that might of been what bothered him most about it. Virtuous, galaxy saving Jedi and they turned their backs without what seemed a second thought because it served themselves better not to. True there were very good reasons, but as his mother used to say, 'the Road to a Belugan's stomach is paved with good intentions.' Wise woman his mother.

    "The race circuit would be a good start I'd think. Possibly find some sort of registration we can look at or they might already be there preparing for the next race, if it be near. If not, I'm sure some of the circuit staff may know something if we ask the right questions." Knight Avarray stepped to the side with a flourish of his long coat. "Let us be away then my friends." Rand didn't bother hiding the smile of amusement that formed on his face at Knight Avarray's style. The group left the Blue Moon Cantina and it's unlucky patron behind to his fate as they moved on towards the racing fields. Luckily for them the pod racing circuit was big business on Malastare and there was no lack of signage to guide them on their way. Even better, the pod races required quite a bot of space, and were located out near unused portions of the space port. It wasn't long before the low din of incoming and outgoing starships to the port facility was replaced by the higher pitched whine of pod engines roaring as they sped around the track.

    "We're in luck," Master Rand said jovially. "It sounds as though there is a race underway." Knight Troi corrected him however. "Not a race, not enough noise for that." He cocked his head to one side listening intently to the noise, whose exact source was still unseen. "Just one set of engines, a practice lap I should think." He looked smugly over to the Jedi master who shrugged.

    Soon enough they were close enough to the course to see that indeed Knight Troi was correct, it was a single pod weaving it's way around the track, past old docking terminals and over old runways and taxiways. It looked like a particularly fast and dangerous course. Nearby were roughly a dozen pod garages, repurposed hanger bays, in which pods in various states of disassembly could be seen. Were they too late? Were the pods being broken down for transport somewhere else? Rand didn't know enough about pod racing to say, though he and the others noted that noise of the racing pod grew louder a throng of fans nearby rushed forward towards the start/finish line on the track, a spot on a taxiway near an old control tower.

    "Well, I wonder if that's our man over there?" Rand said a little too loudly, still unaccustomed to the noise of the raceway. A nearby Gran, dressed in racing gear overheard him and shouted back as he ambled towards them, a second Gran following close behind. "That's Erso, just qualified with the fastest time for tomorrow's big race." The first one said helpfully, then he began to pout. "Those used to be my fans looking for autographs before he showed up." The Gran sounded rather depressed but the second, also in racing gear tried to cheer him up. Unsuccessfully. "No those were Garrod'sfans. Before that they were my fans...and before that they were your fans." The second Gran clasped the first on the shoulder, but neither his gesture nor his words seemed to have the desired effect. "We just gotta get the shoot and scoot back, Gran!" He shouted. "The shoot and scoot!"

    The first Gran didn't seem very happy with that, as he introduced himself to the Jedi. "I'm Bicky Robbe, former fastest Gran alive on the Malastarian circuit." He sighed loudly. "Y'all want an autograph or something?"

    "Yes please!" Knight Sodi said with a wane smile as he stepped forward and held out a data pad and writing instrument. It wouldn't hurt to smooth that mans ego a little bit. "If you could make it out to G-O-L, Keep Shining." he added with a larger smile.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @galactic-vagabond422, @CPL_Macja
     
  4. Rebecca_Daniels

    Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    A lightsider. The feeling at the back of her mind eased as she recognised what had been bothering her since their arrival at the market. Still, Liuna kept on guard-- a light sided Force user didn't necessarily mean they were on the same side. She'd been raised among the Jedi-- true Jedi-- and the existence of these Guardians she marched beside now were just one of many Force-using sects across the galaxy. While she'd come to like the Guardians (perhaps "like" was too strong a term, she hadn't gotten to know many of the individuals very well yet) she knew without a doubt that the Jedi who had raised and trained her would not approve of their methods. She'd spotted families, relationships while at the temple, but Liuna had been trained that attachments were dangerous. What other methods did they have that disagreed with the code she knew?

    Her hand still rested on her lightsaber behind her back, hidden underneath her cloak, as she eyed the unknown Force user. To her surprise, the woman greeted them, "Good day."

    Master Kasumi, she could see ahead, nodded at the greeting, while Taab forged on with their task. Trusting he had that taken care of, Liuna watched the Force user and her... urchin. As Taab intimidated them, the small one ran off, and Liuna stepped out of his way; he wasn't important to this. The woman, though...

    "And what about you?" Taab was clearly trying to get rid of her, and belatedly Liuna realised he couldn't sense the woman's power.

    Liuna glanced back down the alley, quickly noting and dismissing the potential threat of any figures she saw behind their group, and then took a half step towards Taab and the mysterious woman.

    "She's a Force user," Liuna said to Taab, quiet but direct. "Whether she's a friend is another thing." Now, she directed herself to the Miraluka. "What are you doing here?"

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik The Vanguard Coffee_Ninja BookExogorth
     
  5. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 6

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Eventide Dig Site

    Professor Solo kept up a running monologue as we walked to the mound. I generally don't like people who talk too much, but there was no obvious sign of deceit or darkness about him, or Reggie. Droids are pretty much blanks in the Force, so of course I wasn't getting much of a sense from Big X. And it's usually the things you don't see that burn you.

    Tuning out the professor's chatter, I turned to the droid, while still keeping an eye on Isabella in my peripheral vision. "Big X, is it? You have the look of a military droid. What kind of assistance do you offer the professor, aside from dating bone fragments?" I only half-listened for a reply; Isabella seemed to be talking to herself. I hadn't seen her do that before. Was I imagining it, or were her lips moving in time to the half-heard whispers that I couldn't quite make out? She wasn't the source of those, I was sure, so she must be hearing them better than the rest of us. And she hadn't chosen to share what she heard...

    I didn't know what I should - or could - do about that, but I was spring-loaded to do something in a hurry. I didn't like this at all, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made when you're at war. Wait a sec, since when are we at war? One little incident with unknown creatures attacking is hardly a war. Could be a prelude to one, though.

    TAG: ConservativeJedi321, Bardan_Jusik, Zurros Ka, Darth_Elu
     
  6. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Rak couldn't hold in his smile as they approached what looked to be a decommissioned spaceport. Interesting what beings did this things that were no longer needed. Some just let the edifice crumble into disrepair, a blight upon the landscape, others tear it down just to be rid of it, and yet more repurpose them turn them into something useful to them and their communities. Sure a place like this brings in credits, both legal and not so.

    The ways the people in the galaxy got by was amazing at times. Their resiliency was astonishing. All these musings came from just first seeing this track, he wondered what was in store inside.

    He heard the whine of engines Rand put that down to a race possibly ongoing, Troi quickly countered saying that it was only one craft going around the track. Rak nodded his head, he'd never really followed the sport but, he knew a little. It was surprising how many out of the way places had their own podracing tracks.

    The group enters the stadium proper and get a good look of the course. A very dangerous complex of curves and obstacles, a challenge for any being, even a trained jedi like himself. Then again he never really thought of himself as a pilot, more an adventure, and he was getting most of what he wanted.

    A new place, interesting people, if ghostly reminders of the past he'd rather stay there, and now a brief brush with the favored sport.

    The noise grew as the pod came closer to the start/finish line, a former taxiway now swarmed with fans. All around hangar bays that once held ships from all across the galaxy now contained racing pods from across the galaxy. Each one was unique, and in varying states of disassembly. Feats of engineering these engines, tuned for pure power and manoeuvrability, no worries about shields or weapons, or even safety features, all they were meant to do was go around the track and in the fastest time possible.

    A singular design philosophy leading to a plethora of choice.

    "Well, I wonder if that's our man over there?" Rand asked louder than he normally would trying to compensate for the nearly deafening sound of an active racetrack.

    "Possibly." Rak replied as two Gran approached.

    "That's Erso," one of them said, "just qualified with the fastest time for tomorrow's big race."

    "Ah…" Rak said with some interest, it was all for show or genuine it was difficult to say, even for him.

    "Those used to be my fans looking for autographs before he showed up." the same man continued looking a little cross.

    "No those were Garrod's fans. Before that they were my fans...and before that they were your fans." The second Gran said putting a supportive hand on his friend's shoulder. The comfort was not received. "We just gotta get the shoot and scoot back, Gran!" The other grand now shouted, obviously trying to get his friend enthused for the next race. "The shoot and scoot!"

    "I'm Bicky Robbe, former fastest Gran alive on the Malastarian circuit." A heavy sigh left Robbe. "Y'all want an autograph or something?"

    Sodi was quick to step up with a broad grin looking for an autograph. Rak had to look away to stop himself from laughing at the kage's requested message.

    "Well, I do not follow the circuit as much as my friend here." Rak said gesturing to the eager knight, "But, I gather this Erso is new to the sport?" he asked trying to gage how long this being had been racing.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Master Vo'Un'Var, Mitth_Fisto, CPL_Macja
     
  7. BookExogorth

    BookExogorth Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa

    "Bungles, wait!" She exclaimed, but the boy had already left. Edo didn't know what she should do; she felt a responsibility for the boy since she had promised him something, and he didn't really have anyone, except for that one Fingers. There's no way he'd help the boy unless it'd save his skin. Should she run after him, or would the force work it out?

    The mandalorian impatiently asked, "And what about you?""

    Well, she knew what the force wanted her to do at this cross-roads. These were people who could teach her. This was what she needed. Still curious about the mandalorian, though, Edo responded, "What about you, traveling with them?" He was clearly allied with the Jedi, she could sense the ties of loyalty binding the group together, but he was no jedi.

    The mirialan standing towards the back of the group answered the question for Edo, saying, "She's a force user. Whether she's a friend is another thing." Then, she stared at Edo, and asked, "What are you doing here?"

    Edo looked over the group. They didn't wear robes of the Jedi order, yet she could sense their training in the way they acted. "I'm here to find you. I'm Edo, by the way."

    Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, Coffee_Ninja, The Vanguard
     
  8. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

    "I just have... I have a very strong sense that we should pay ho..." The Ongree raised one of his eye stalks in curiosity and concern. It was clear what she wanted to say, but he did not interrupt her. "That we should examine that shrine, It will lead to the answers we're looking for."
    Whatever was drawing her in was certainly having an affect, he certainly didn't like it. If they went forward now he feared it would be as if they were using her for some experiment. She felt whatever it was far stronger than any of them, If they pushed her towards these mounds they might learn what it is that is calling to her, but he was worried the risk was greater than the reward. He felt unease grip the pit of his stomach as she offered an almost unnatural looking smile.
    "All the answers we seek."She almost seemed to hiss with the words. Or maybe he was just hearing things.
    He continued to gently prod her with the force. "Breath Padwan. Remember your training." He whispered again. His concern as clear as he could manage with his unusual features.

    Before he could say anything else though the professor stepped in with a laugh of his own. "I don't know about any answers, we've gone over that shrine pretty carefully..."The change in mood startled the Ongree somewhat. Surely one did not have to be attuned to the force to realize Isabella's reaction was not one merely of interest? There was something more, he just knew.

    But Reese seemed calm as well. "Well, if it's not dangerous, Then I think it's settled. Let's go check it out."
    Semajj sensed The human was well aware of the oddities in his Padawan's behavior, though the lack of reluctance on his part silence to Ongree from putting up any further objections. He didn't like this, but It appeared as if he was the only one to oppose going further. So he simply stayed silent for the short trip there.

    Reggies seemed unnerved as well. "I have a bad feeling about this..."
    You said it big guy. The Jedi thought to himself.

    As they approached the mound Solo tried to downplay the discovery, insisting that it wasn't much. But a low hum that had been near the back of Semajj's consciousness since landing on the planet grew louder as they grew near it. He hadn't thought about it at the time, but it was clear now that this wasn't a hum at all, it was whispering. "Do you hear that?"
    Reese heard it as well.

    The Ongree nodded his head. "Yes, and I don't like one bit."
    He couldn't make out the words, but there was something out it that seemed menacing to him. Yet alluring as well. He resisted that attraction, keeping his senses about him.
    Semajj glanced back to Isabella, who seemed in a trance of some sort. Her mouth was moving in a rhythm.
    He couldn't be sure, but he suspected it had something to do with the whispering.
    "But I suspect your apprentice knows more."

    Tags: Bardan_Jusik, Sarge
     
  9. The Vanguard

    The Vanguard Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kasjhyyyk

    Koji kept quiet as he maintained focus in the den, one eye on Bivi and one eye on their flank. The smugglers den smelled musty, like the wooden ground had soaked up all the spilled ales over the years. Cargo pilots, smugglers, local patrons, and a mix of the underworld comprised the makeup of the sentients before them. Taab's easily identifiable Mandalorian armor made their passage through the throngs a smooth one, something Koji was thankful for. The shorter their stay within this place, the better chances they had with avoiding conflict. Most Jedi, Guardians or not, avoided places like these. The ability to turn a blind eye to dark acts was a difficult thing, not that he didn't face his own demons on a regular basis..

    Coming down a corridor, something felt final about a small group before them, as if the walkway was lit up for them to walk - directing them to interaction. A Gammorean, a street urchin, and a young blind woman - possibly Miralukan, stood almost perfectly at the end of their alleyway. Koji's foresight into the Force was still, 'shortcircuted,' but he got a general sense that something of interest was before them. To Koji, he thought the boy might have something of value that he probably stole or found under scrap ship parts.

    "Good day," the young woman broke the ice. Interesting, he thought to himself as the boy scampered away. Maintaining her poise before a seemingly menacing group of mercenaries, the girl stood there like a fortress. His assumption was wrong, again. The boy wasn't their next lead, it was the blind one.

    "And what about you?" Taab was clearly not in the mood for babysitting. Koji resembled the security chief's response. They needed to find Kla, not be distracted by this rabble.

    "She's a Force user," Liuna jumped into the conversation. "Whether she's a friend is another thing," she continued towards the 'mercenary' group. Koji digested the information quickly. "What are you doing here?" Liuna asked.

    A brief but calm pause ensued before she answered, "I'm here to find you. I'm Edo, by the way."

    "Are your sure about that?" Koji responded quickly without hesitation, "because it appears we have found you."

    Feeling himself losing patience, he turned to the Gammorean, "Are you going to let us in or what?" he spoke gruffly like any self-respecting mercenary would.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels Coffee_Ninja BookExogorth
     
  10. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I

    IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo/Big X (NPCs)
    Eventide

    "Big X, is it? You have the look of a military droid." The droid gave a curt nod confirming Bonaventure's suspicions but said nothing so as to not interrupt the professor who was droning on about the shrine mound. "What kind of assistance do you offer the professor, aside from dating bone fragments?" There was a brief pause in the professor's ramblings and Big X finally was able to answer. "I was born as you organics might say as a war droid, a long time ago." He paused as if doing some extensive calculations. "A very long time ago." The professor started up again but Big X didn't want to leave things there so he turned down the volume on his vocabulator and continued.

    "But I have evolved past that programming. Now I provide a security presence for Professor Solo on his digs, a requirement for him I'm afraid as he is constantly running into trouble." Solo gave him a quick look and a wink, just to let the droid know that the professor had heard him. "Prior to that I was assigned duties in the UCBV College of Natural and Unnatural History helping to catalog ancient artifacts." The droid spun it's head around to look directly at the Jedi. "Yes, it's as boring as it sounds, even for me. I am much happier following the professor around on his digs now, and I'm still happy to catagorize his finds in the field."

    By the time Big X had given a brief insight into his history they had arrived at the shrine, and been taken in by it's aura. It became quickly apparent to Knight Reese that he wasn't the only one who heard the disembodied whispers, Knight Bonaventure and Knight Nosrep heard it too. Worse still, padawan Isabella seemed to be mouthing words to go along with the whispers, though what she was saying Reese couldn't decipher.

    "What're you talking about? I don't hear anything but the wind." Professor Solo rolled his eyes and looked to Big X. "The Professor is correct. I am not picking up anything but the sounds of our own voices and the presence of a constant 3.87 KPH breeze." So. It was just the Jedi that sensed the whispers, Reese thought. But what did that mean?

    "I suspect your apprentice knows more." The words from Knight Nosrep caused a chill to go down Reese's spine. She was rocking back and forth now, staring at the altar while murmuring to herself. "Isabella?" Reese asked as he put a protective hand on her shoulder. The bionic arm whirred slightly as he rested his hand lightly on her shoulder.

    "The darkness...it wants us." She finally said, her own voice was quiet now. Reese knelt down next to her and exchanged glances with Nosrep, Bonaventure and Ka. "You have to fight it Isabella." But she shook her head at that. "The answers we seek, they lie along the path of the Altar." Her voice was stronger now, more confident. "We have to follow the path." She looked to Reese, there was pain in her eyes now and he could see she was trying to fight whatever the whispers were telling her even as she spoke again, more urgently this time. "Follow the altars path, follow it!" And then she took a step forward toward the altar...

    TAG: Sarge, ConservativeJedi321, Darth_Elu, Zurros Ka




    IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Master Rand smiled and Knight Troi looked beyond himself with disgust as the gran pod racer calling himself Bicky Robbe lit up at Knight Sodi's request. "Gowl," he said as he wrote out what he'd been asked. "That's a strange name, but hey keep on shinin'!" He seemed rather pleased with himself for finding actual fans and asked the others. "Anyone else?" as he handed the datapad back to the Kage fan.

    "Well, I do not follow the circuit as much as my friend here." Rak said gesturing to the eager knight, "But, I gather this Erso is new to the sport?" That forced Robbi to cast his gaze to the ground, with all three eyes. "Yeah, he's new. Just started this year and hasn't lost yet either."

    "That guy gives me the creeps," his friend said, a bit too loudly and catching the attention of the nearby Erso where he stood surrounded by his own fans. The man started to make his way over to them. "Sorry, I'm Naught Kal, the fourth. professional pod racer and Bicky Robbe's best friend, " he said now by way of introduction. "Erso's taking all the big winner's pots and everyone is betting on him now too." Robbe explained, clearly disgusted by the new pod racer that had stolen his thunder. "Good thing he's not allowed to bet on himself, he'd be making even more money," Kal said. The Jedi could sense he was trying to assuage his friend, but that he just wasn't smart enough to do so.

    "Robbe!" Erso called out now as he made his way over to them, taking note of Knight Sodi's datapad.

    [​IMG]

    "Oh, you still have fans. That's good. I was worried they had all started rooting for me." Robbe looked like he wanted to punch the human racer in the jaw, and the Jedi could feel the Gran's animosity but Erso ignored Robbe now and instead introduced himself to the Jedi. "I'm Chif Erso, but clearly you know that. Come to see me win another race?"

    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, galactic-vagabond422, CPL_Macja
     
  11. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    Taab stared down at the Miraluka and ignored her question. He was waiting for her to run off after her boyfriend, or whatever the human was when a quiet voice said beside him, "She's a Force user."

    Taab did well to hide his surprise, not at the information though it surprised him as well, but at the sudden appearance of Trapper (Knight Iotasi). Going to have to start calling her Ghost he thought to himself as he took note of the quiet subtle way she had made her way from the rear to the front of the pack. He knew he had lost a step, but no one should have been able to sneak up on him like that. She had however, and that bore watching. "Whether she's a friend is another thing." Taab directed his attention back to the Miraluka as Ghost (Knight Iotasi) questioned her further. "What are you doing here?"

    "I'm here to find you. I'm Edo, by the way." Taab chuckled to himself, still wary of Edo as she called herself. Still he appreciated the confident way in which she had introduced herself.

    "Are your sure about that?" Mimic (Knight Vansyph) responded quickly without hesitation, "because it appears we have found you." He had clearly attended the Master Rand School of Humor, Taab thought to himself as he suppressed a groan. Taab shook his head, they were wasting time in this waif and apparently the Mimic felt the same way. "Are you going to let us in or what?" He spoke gruffly to the Gammorean doing an excellent impression of a hardened mercenary, lending stock to Taab's nickname for the Lorrdian Knight.

    The Gammorean looked at them all for a moment through dull, dim witted eyes. He wasn't supposed to let anyone in without the password, but he had a strong sense that he should let these people in anyway. With a grunt he stood the the side and opened the heavy durasteel door and admitted them inside. Without a second thought Taab led them in, noting that the Miraluka tagged along. The door was slammed shut behind them, but that didn't bother Taab. It wasn't meant to keep people in, but to keep prying eyes out. He had no doubt that he and the Guardians would find the locked door to be no barrier to their exit should they want to make a quick departure.

    The interior was much as Taab remembered it, a darkened hallway with several rooms on either side. The doors to some of those rooms were locked, but others were open and they showed an array of stocked away goodies organized (if barely) on old metal shelving bolted into the walls. What they could see was simple stuff; machine parts, soft gear and the like. The weapons would be in the locked rooms. At the end of the hallway would be Kla's office, where he was waiting for them. Appearing in the doorway...

    [​IMG]

    ... he looked surprised at fiurst, and rather unhappy. "Taab, it's been a..." he stepped out of the doorway revealing that his left arm was missing below the elbow, and seemed to have been replaced with a weapon of some sort. "Long time." Taab finished the man's statement as Kla indicated his uniquely fitted arm. "Oh, you like it? Geonosian sonic cannon, very useful now." Taab considered it for a moment, and the Jed could feel the hostility roiled from the arms dealer. "Well," Taab finally said, consiiering his words carefully. "Certainly seems handier than the last time I saw you." Kla eyes flashed in anger as he bared his teeth in anger, though he took no violent action and the Jedi could sense that his greed outweighed his desire for revenge.

    "Must be desperate coming to me now after the last time...new crew?" He motioned to the Guardians who he had clearly mistaken for a band of mercenaries. "I thought you worked alone." There was marked hostility in his voice which Taab ignored. "Something like that..." Kla looked unimpressed. "Do you all know who you're dealing with here?" He patted his arm mounted sonic blaster. "What he does to his...friends?"

    TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels, BookExogorth.




    IC: padawan Bovie (NPC)
    Clan Itera stronghold, Northern wildlands, Mandalore

    Bovie held his breath as Knight Cora tried to defuse the situation the best she could. Everyone could feel the tension between the Mandalorains and the Jedi, one didn't need the force to sense that, but the Jedi all knew, and the Mandalorians had to suspect, that Cora didn't want to harm her family. They had to reconcile this without bloodshed. Still the Gran padawan never expected the Jedi Knight to let her lightsaber slip to the ground.

    "I came here to get my Beskar. To forge my armor with my family." Cora swallowed hard, and even Bovie could sense her fear. "I was young when the Jedi took me. I didn't even recognize you. I didn't even recognize home." She looked up at the sky for a moment. "I don't even know how to speak Mando'a properly." Knight Cora's mother shook her head in disgust, but kept her blaster trained on her daughter.

    "But I'm afraid I can't leave. I might be a Jedi, but I have to complete this. I don't know what the Mandalorian words are, but I read something when I was learning about the Clan Wars as a child. Mandalorians are more then their armor." Cora searched for her mother's eyes through her T-Visor. "I'm afraid that I'm a Jedi. I'm also your daughter. I might not remember how to be Mandalorian, but we share the same blood."

    "Aliit ori'shya tal'din", Cora's mother said with disgust as her finger tightened on her trigger. Bovie's hand moved ever so slightly for the lightsaber still on his belt. He hoped Cora could reach through the force and grab her own once the shooting started. But it never did. Instead another voice called out, a man's voice. "Gev! Udesii!" he cried out in mando'a, before repeating his first command in both his native tongue and basic. "Gev, stop!" Another Mandalorian, in armor covered in the same sigils as Cora's mother came into view, pushing his way through his own soldiers, who slowly lowered their weapons. "Adalia, this is our daughter," he said as he approached Cora's mother and reaching out he pushed her pistol down so it pointed towards the snow covered ground. She turned to look at him and shook her head as she holstered the weapon, the other Mandalorians who had drawn their's followed suit. "Is it Sjurd? Is it?" She asked before walking away, back towards the stronghold itself.

    [​IMG]

    Sjurd watched her go, and sighed heavily before looking back to Cora. "My daughter, it is good to see you." he refrained from embracing her however, and the Jedi could feel his tension as well. "Come, let us retreat to the stronghold," he looked down at Cora's lightsaber where it rested in the snow and then to the Jedi. "It seems we have a lot to catch up on." He gestured towards the stronghold, motioning the Jedi inside before turning to the other Mandalorians saying to them. "Stay out here, ret'lini."

    TAG: TheSilentInfluence, vncredleader, Skyla Skywalker
     
  12. BookExogorth

    BookExogorth Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho

    "Are you sure about that? Because it appears we have found you."
    Edo was a bit incredulous at that. They found her? They sure weren't dressed like they were recruiting. She kept wondering what exactly this kind of jedi was. As the guard opened the door, Edo tried to project to just him attachment to the group, not that it had any bearing on him. She made sure to stay on the heels of the jedi, and they walked inside this place of Kla's.

    It wasn't very impressive to Edo, that's for sure. This didn't even seem to have very special weapons; it just looked like a random junk shop. Maybe he hides important things. She gasped as Kla was up ahead. "Arm dealer," she mumbled softly. What a horror. What a terrible thing to go through.

    "Taab, it's been a..."
    Sor Taab apparently had known him before he lost his arm. Perhaps this is why the jedi were traveling with this Taab, so he could connect them with Kla. Odd, but she supposed that such things were necessary at times. They had probably been deceived, however, because Kla was projecting horrible hatred towards Sor Taab.

    "Do you all know who you're dealing with here?"
    No. Who was this person the jedi were dealing with? She whispered quietly to the group, "What does Kla mean?" Edo looked at them again, yet something had changed about the way they appeared to her. Were they really jedi? She knew they weren't just a mercenary crew, but was beginning to wonder about what they were doing on Kashyyk. She began to be a bit frightened about being here, but she calmed down a bit, knowing that the force wanted her here. The way the human encouragingly looked at the young twi'lek, the twi'lek's own eagerness, the way the near-human held herself, and the air the older woman gave off of experienced wisdom were all the surface hints of who they were.

    Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja
     
  13. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

    The Ongree felt concern growing in Reese as he focused in on young Isabella's odd behavior.
    He called her name, trying to attract her attention, but doing so only seemed to confirm their worries.
    "The darkness...it wants us."
    She replied, in an eerily quite monotone.
    "You have to fight it Isabella." The Knight pleaded with his Padawan, to no avail.
    ""The answers we seek, they lie along the path of the Altar. We have to follow the path. Follow the altars path, follow it!"
    "No." Semajj said, calmly but firmly. He reached out to her in the force, trying to hold her back from moving towards the alter.
    "If the darkness wants us we must not oblige it. It's not our way Isabella, you know it is not our way. Resist it, you must fight the darkness Padwan! Trust in your training."
    He had dropped all pretenses of not being Jedi by this point. Whatever there was to gain by tiptoeing around the subject within earshot of the Professor and the others certainly did not outweigh the danger of allowing Isabella to be consumed by the dark side, or whatever it was that was calling to her.

    Sarge, Zurros Ka, Bardan_Jusik
     
    Bardan_Jusik , Sarge and BookExogorth like this.
  14. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 6

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure
    Eventide

    The wrongness of this place was as bad as anything I'd ever felt, and Isabella was trying to throw herself into it. Letting her do that was the only way we had to find a clue about what was going on here, the only smart thing to do. But I didn't get where I am in life by always doing the smart thing.

    Semajj, on the other hand, was obviously trying to do the right thing, even if it meant putting one life ahead of the big picture. Was that the right thing to do? How many lives might he sacrifice by focusing on one girl instead of the whole galaxy? But, how much evil has been done in history by those who sacrifice individuals in the service of some theoretical grand plan?

    All this is way above my pay grade! No matter how much training and experience I've had at this Jedi business, at heart I'm still just an old sergeant. What should a good NCO do here? Look after his troops!

    I stepped directly in front of Isabella and got right up in her face, took a deep breath and unleashed my hardcore sergeant voice.

    "PADAWAN ISABELLA, YOU ARE OUT OF LINE! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! YOU WILL NOT GO BARGING AHEAD OF YOUR SENIORS INTO UNKOWN SITUATIONS LIKE A BANTHA IN A PORCELAIN MARKET, YOU WILL STOP WHERE YOU ARE AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF CLEARLY, AND IF YOUR EXPLANATION DOES NOT MEET WITH OUR SATISFACTION YOU WILL FACE DRASTIC DISCIPLINARY MEASURES! ONE MORE MOVE OUT OF YOU AND YOUR CONTINUED STATUS AS A PADAWAN WILL BE REFERRED TO A REVIEW BOARD AND I VERY MUCH DOUBT YOU WILL BE PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS! DO I MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR, PADAWAN?"

    TAG: ConservativeJedi321, Zurros Ka
     
  15. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora
    Clan Itera Stronghold, Northern Wildlands, Mandalore

    Cora held her breath, tense as the man pushed away the blaster from her and scolded her mother, trying to remind her that she was their daughter.

    "She's angry at me." Cora said once her mother walked away. Cora looked at her father, feeling relieved that he defused the situation and unsure about speaking to him. "Because she doesn't think I'm Mandalorian anymore." Cora felt uneasy. "I take it it wasn't her decision to give me to the Jedi?"

    Cora hesitated before she picked her lightsaber up off the ground. Stared at it, and finally clipped it to her belt again. "I'm probably not the person you were expecting." Cora admitted apologetically. She looked over at the stronghold before shaking her head and starting to walk.

    That was a great way to start the day. My mother would have shot me if father hadn't come in time. I'll be lucky if I get out of here in one piece with my beskar.

    Tag: Bardan_Jusik vncredleader Skyla Skywalker
     
  16. Coffee_Ninja

    Coffee_Ninja Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    "Must be desperate coming to me now after the last time...new crew?" He motioned to the Guardians who he had clearly mistaken for a band of mercenaries. "I thought you worked alone." There was marked hostility in his voice which Taab ignored. "Something like that..." Kla looked unimpressed. "Do you all know who you're dealing with here?" He patted his arm mounted sonic blaster. "What he does to his...friends?"

    Desperate….and after what length of time? Taab was always good at keeping things hidden, and Kasumi had left it at that. But after this exchange, there may have to be a conversation….and not one that she would let go lightly. For now she had to keep her look non-emotional, and show no shock. Somehow, though, deep down this didn’t shock her….not really. Just frustrated her.

    She felt the uneasiness of the group, but the one she felt the greatest from was Edo. She was not just uncomfortable, but fear. Kasumi didn’t blame her one bit.

    "What does Kla mean?" Kasumi heard her say.

    Kasumi reached for her and gently placed a hand on her shoulder. She whispered back, “That will be answered later. Just breath.”


    Kasumi would do her best to get the answer….later.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, The Vanguard, BookExogorth
     
  17. The Vanguard

    The Vanguard Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Ugem'bivi Koji Vansyph
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    The dark hallway seemed to fit the stereotype of an arms dealer. To Bivi's naive mind, the whole trade was full of heartless pirates who profited from the conflict of others. They were a necessary evil at best, and she didn't like them.

    "Smells funny in here," she remarked just loud enough for her Master to hear as he walked out in front of her.

    "That's the smell of dinner," Koji replied in the same tone as he turned his head slightly towards her, "Wookies eat all sorts of things."

    The group made their way to the end of the hallway where a man appeared to be waiting for them...

    [​IMG]

    Bivi felt a little uneasy at the sight of the deformed makeup of the arms dealer. She couldn't help but stare at the canon that made up half of his arm as he and Taab began their passive aggressive exchange.

    "Do you all know who you're dealing with here?" Bivi glanced at the Commander. Her personal account of the Security Chief was shallow at best. She had seen him a handful of times at the Temple, barking orders to troops or speaking with Council Members. He was always busy doing something important, at least that's what it looked like to her.

    "What he does to his...friends?"

    Bivi suppressed the impulse to ask what he meant.

    "What does Kla mean?"

    Confused for a moment thinking she sub-conscientiously spoke up against her own will, Bivi darted her eyes at Edo, the newcomer to the group who was older than she was by several years. Remembering what she learned about the Miralukan people from her studies at the Temple, it made sense at how sharp she was, presumably enhanced by her Force Sight. Edo was the first she had ever met, which meant Bivi already had a dozen questions lined up to ask her later...

    Master Kasumi put a reassuring hand on the young woman,"That will be answered later. Just breath."

    Master Kasumi always had a peaceful aura about her, so much so that being around her was a comfort in and of itself. It was misleading due to her immense power in the Force. Mistaking her kindness for weakness would be a big mistake.

    "We know enough to keep up." Koji replied quickly, keeping in character, only this time he kept his tone sharp and neutral. Bivi felt the tension in the air and felt as though she would choke on it.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik Coffee_Ninja Rebecca_Daniels BookExogorth
     
  18. Rebecca_Daniels

    Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    Liuna kept the surprise off her face when Koji was the one who convinced the Gamorrean to let them in, with a rather good impression of the sort of low-lifes that frequented this area, though perhaps, upon reflection, she shouldn't have been so surprised. Lorrdians were known for their acting abilities, among other things. Taab, meanwhile, took the lead once again as they entered the... whatever this was. Black market weapons dealership, hive of scum and villainy, that sort of thing.

    The Miraluka Force user, Edo as she'd introduced herself, made to follow them in. Narrowing her eyes, still suspicious but not wanting to get into it here and now, Liuna waited and indicated that the other woman should go ahead. This was too much coincidence for her tastes and she wasn't about to give an unknown Force user a clear shot at her back. If she had no ill intentions, there'd be no hard in keeping a sharp eye on Edo; if she did mean them harm, then all the better for it.

    As they entered, Liuna moved her hand from her hidden lightsaber to the blaster on her hip; that was a message these criminals would understand, and she had no issue with blasting them all if it came to it. For now, though, she'd follow Taab's lead.

    The arm's dealer's presence briefly overwhelmed her, having opened herself up to try and sense some sort of intention from Edo. The hostility, greed, anger... Liuna's fingers tightened on her blaster but didn't draw it, as much as the temptation was rising, her own anger flashing in her eyes as she glared at the man from where she stood at the back of the group. Instead of shooting him where he stood, she took stock of the area while he spoke, noting exits in particular in case this came to a fight, the locked doors that could hide enemies or weapons, and Kla himself with his weapon attachment.

    "Must be desperate coming to me now after the last time...new crew? I thought you worked alone."
    Interesting but irrelevant. She used to work alone and now here she was with Jedi, sometimes the situation changed. "Something like that..."

    "Do you all know who you're dealing with here? What he does to his...friends?" More interesting, still irrelevant. This mission was clearly personal to Taab, and she doubted these Guardians would put him in such a position of trust for no reason. If it became relevant, she'd ask him directly, but for now they had to keep on-mission.

    Their new... friend, however, didn't have that message. "What does Kla mean?"But Master Kasumi was on it, quieting the Miraluka. "That will be answered later. Just breath." Thankfully Bivi was keeping quiet at the moment, they couldn't afford a Padawan's missteps right now.

    "We know enough to keep up." Koji was keeping up his mercenary persona, and Liuna nodded her agreement from the back, trying to be visible enough to be a threat but not so much that this Kla would pay her too much attention. Letting Koji be the Jedi on point eased her anger somewhat; she might want to burn the dealer's face off, but he wouldn't let it go that far, even if she or Taab wanted to-- and she wouldn't put it past the Mandalorian to do something like that.

    Liuna took a breath and tried to calm herself. There is no emotion, there is peace. You're better than this, you're better than them; don't fight on their level. With effort, she released her blaster and instead crossed her arms threateningly.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik Coffee_Ninja BookExogorth The Vanguard

    OOC: Other Jedi, feel free to sense Liuna's anger/hostility
     
  19. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Port Pixelito, Malastare

    "Yeah, he's new. Just started this year and hasn't lost yet either." Bicky commented, Rak wrapped his hand around his chin letting out a thoughtful hum. Only a year and he was making his mark. There has to be a reason, Rak could still feel his lady's hand at work here.

    The jedi nodded his head towards Naught Kal, the fourth self described best friend of Bicky. It was always good to have friends when troubling times reared their ugly head.

    "Robbe!" a voice called out. Rak turned his head to see a human late twenties, early thirties with a cloudy left eye. This made in all the more interesting. He was winning and with only one good eye. His sharp features gave him a severe air, a harsh sense about him. "Oh, you still have fans. That's good. I was worried they had all started rooting for me." Rak felt the rage of the Gran almost hearing the fist clench. The knight carefully placed himself between the angry racer and the human. The human for his part didn't even seem to register with "I'm Chif Erso, but clearly you know that. Come to see me win another race?"

    Rak looked to his crew.

    "Well if we have time," he said with a smile on his face. "You see we've got some Ramordian Silk looking for a buyer. Just stopped off here to check on an old friend. When my navigator here," he gestured to Knight Sodi, "heard that there was a race track nearby, we made a detour." He let an easy smile grace his features. Lying came easy to him and bothered him little. There were still places that didn't like Jedi and some that had violent tendencies. He didn't want to risk the life of his comrades or his own just for letting slip the fact they were protectors of the galaxy.

    The Guardians were a blade in the darkness, not a shining beacon. This suited him just fine.

    "I hear you haven't lost a race." Rak continued slight smile still on his face, "Tell me what's your secret? A human competing in a podrace is rare enough but, to win...that is something else." As he asked his question Rak opened his mind to the Force feeling it all around him he focused his senses on the being before him trying to see if he had a connection, a strong link to the power that surrounds the universe. He wasn't unsure of himself, just wanting to confirm.

    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja
     
  20. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I

    IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    Eventide

    "Follow the altars path, follow it!" The words from padawan Isabella carried out over the dusty mound like a thunderbolt, and the reaction of the Jedi to it was just as swift.

    "No." Nosrep said, calmly, firmly. Knight Reese could see and appreciate how he subtly reached out to her in the force, trying to hold her back from moving towards the alter. "If the darkness wants us we must not oblige it. It's not our way Isabella, you know it is not our way. Resist it, you must fight the darkness Padwan! Trust in your training." Reese noted Professor Solo raising an eyebrow at that and giving an odd sort of smile with a slight nod of his head, but before he could say anything Knight Bonaventure sprang into action.

    "PADAWAN ISABELLA, YOU ARE OUT OF LINE! GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF! YOU WILL NOT GO BARGING AHEAD OF YOUR SENIORS INTO UNKOWN SITUATIONS LIKE A BANTHA IN A PORCELAIN MARKET, YOU WILL STOP WHERE YOU

    ARE AND EXPLAIN YOURSELF CLEARLY, AND IF YOUR EXPLANATION DOES NOT MEET WITH OUR SATISFACTION YOU WILL FACE DRASTIC DISCIPLINARY MEASURES! ONE MORE MOVE OUT OF YOU AND YOUR CONTINUED STATUS AS A

    PADAWAN WILL BE REFERRED TO A REVIEW BOARD AND I VERY MUCH DOUBT YOU WILL BE PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS! DO I MAKE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR, PADAWAN?"

    He had gone even farther than Nosrep in every way, physically blocking pdawan Isabella, shouting at her in a way Reese thought more reminiscent of Commander Taab than anyone else in the Temple, and he had openly outed them as Jedi. Professor Solo's nod became more pronounced. "Jedi," he looked to them as the smile broadened on his face, totally unworried at the moment about the situation. "I knew it." Reese looked to him with worry but sensed no malevolence from him, more a sort of self satisfaction with his own assumptions. "I knew you were Jedi, just something..."

    Reese interrupted now, they already had one major issue, best to not make it two. "Yes, we are Jedi, but our presence here is secret as is our mission." No that the secret was out, there was no need to try to contain it. But that didn't mean they had to tell the professor that they were from a different sect that the NJO. In fact Reese would still prefer that the Guardians keep that to themselves.

    The professor shrugged. It made no difference to him, he was just proud of himself for knowing their real identity, though he did have to wonder what the New Jedi Order was doing out here, that question would have to wait.

    Meanwhile padawan Isabella was snapped back into reality for a moment, a result of the strange confluence of Knight Bonaventure's words and the force influence being exerted by Knight Nosrep. She stopped her mad dash and stood there, confused for a moment as she blinked several times. Her mind was still clouded, but she had the presence of mind to at least tell her fellow Jedi what she was feeling. "There are whispers...from all around us." She started as her eyes darted to the left and right, looking for the source. "They're...dark...cold." Hers eyes came to rest on her master. "Evil." She closed her eyes and shook her head. "They want us..." she pointed to the Jedi, leaving out Big X and Solo. "Not them....yet." Her statement caused a shiver to go up even Solo's spine. "They have Al'kesh...his mind...soul." She paused as her eyes fluttered open. "They own him now, and they want to own us."

    Reese looked to the others, clearly whatever was affecting his padawan had somehow gotten to Knight Al'kesh as well, they were on the right track. But what to do about it? "They want us to follow the Altars, and I think we should." Reese looked at her with alarm, but she was still in control of herself, he could feel it. "The only way to save Al'kesh, to save me..." The Jedi could all sense her fear of losing herself. "Is to follow the path where the Altars point..." She looked at them, pleading with her eyes.

    "That makes," professor Solo started and Reese, still focused on his padawan, gave him a cursory glance. "That makes no sense." Solo was intrigued, but also confused by Isabella's words. "The altars at the sacrificial sites all pointed towards the dark side of the planet, but all were off by a few degrees from pointing in the same direction. Big X here has holos of them all recorded." The droid nodded in the affirmative, but remained silent.

    Isabella looked at Solo, her eyes hardening for a moment, it was clear she was fighting the darkness that had taken root within her. "We have to follow the path..." she said and pointed in the direction of the Altar. Again she looked to the Jedi. "We have to. Please."

    TAG: Sarge, ConservativeJedi321, Darth_Elu, Zurros Ka

    OOC: Potentially a lot going on here that the Jedi can sense. I tried to lay it out, but if I wasn't clear on anything or you have any questions, any at all, just PM me and I'll answer as best I can to clarify things.




    IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    "Well if we have time," Avarray said with a smile on his face. "You see we've got some Ramordian Silk looking for a buyer. Just stopped off here to check on an old friend. When my navigator here," he gestured to Knight Sodi, "heard that there was a race track nearby, we made a detour." He let an easy smile grace his features though it seemed that Erso was barely listening though there was the hint of a mischievous, perhaps even sinister gleam in his good eye.

    "I hear you haven't lost a race." That seemed to grab Erso's attention, and now the Jedi could all feel an uneasy feeling coming from the pod racer. The satisfied feeling of a loth-cat that had cornered a brush mouse. "Tell me what's your secret? A human competing in a podrace is rare enough but, to win...that is something else." The sense of satisfaction roiling from Erso became one of concern for a moment, tinged with a trace of fear that seemed to be dismissed by powerful will. No, not dismissed the Jedi could all feel it now. Harnessed.

    "I would say luck," the man laughed uncomfortably, "but we all know that isn't true." He looked at the Jedi and Master Rand worried that they had been discovered, but Erso's feelings betrayed no sign of that, and his next statement clarified his meaning. "Luck is the result of hard work and sheer skill, of which I have both." He laughed again, though there was no joy behind it, and it was clear that the two Gran racers the Jedi had "befriended" were getting uncomfortable. "Still, everyone's luck has to run out eventually." There seemed to be a chill that came over the Jedi as Erso said those words, though the Gran didn't take notice. Indeed, they seemed lost in their own thoughts now, unfocused on ...anything.

    "Would you care to make a wager against me winning?" He smiled a crooked smile, the Jedi had the distinct feeling that they were indeed the bush mice. "Perhaps in favor of one of these two gentlebeings winning?" He gave a wave of his hand towards them, though when he did so the Jedi could sense something far more sinister taking place.

    Master Rand looked to Knight Avarray as Knight Troi exchanged glances with Knight Sodi. They all had the feeling that they should indeed take that wager, a nagging feeling that built up in the base of their skulls before being dismissed by them. The source of the feeling was clear, and it was shrouded in darkness. Worst of all, it was coming directly from the pod racer known as Chif Erso.

    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, galactic-vagabond422, CPL_Macja
     
  21. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    "What does Kla mean?" Taab ignored the question from the Tagalong (Edo Vilsa), now was not the time to be satisfying the idle curiosity of anyone, much less an interloper.

    “That will be answered later. Just breath.” Master Kasumi whispered back to Tagalong, and Taab hoped it would mollify her for now. "We know enough to keep up." The Mimic (Knight Vansyph) answered, keeping up appearances. The Ghost (Knight Iotasi) kept her own counsel, but Taab knew without even looking at her that she would be ready for action.

    "We," Taab indicated Kla with a nod of his head. "Were never friends." Kla patted his arm mounted sonic blaster. "Well...I know that now."

    "Remember what Sta..." Taab began before Kla interrupted him.

    "Yes, yes. Keep your friends rich and your enemies rich and wait to find out which is which."**

    Taab nodded as he remembered...

    "You still mad about the arm? I told you I was sorry." Taab said now with the memory again made fresh. "I even left without taking any...well much." Taab remembered he had grabbed a blaster pistol on the way out, though as it turned out he hadn't needed it. "And now what brings you back here to me Taab?" Kla looked down at his sonic canon. "Surely not to just say hello?" Taab considered him for a moment. He wasn't sure if the man's greed would have outweighed his desire for revenge, but it looked as though he was at least suppressing the latter for now.

    "As it turns out, we're looking for a lightsaber." Kla's expression didn't change though the Jedi could feel his hatred and desire for revenge increase exponentially at hearing Taab's words. He looked at the trophy hanging on Taab's belt. It was the same lightsaber used to take his arm two decades ago.

    "And you thought I would know where you can find one?" Taab nodded as Kla considered him for a moment. "That is going to be very expensive for you my friend." He raised the arm mounted sonic canon and aimed it at him. "Very expensive indeed."

    TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels, BookExogorth.

    **Taken from Avengers: Age of Ultron, which obviously inspired Kla as well. :p




    IC: padawan Bovie/Sjurd Itera (NPCs)
    Clan Itera stronghold, Northern wildlands, Mandalore

    "She's angry at me." Sjurd Itera looked to his daughter at her words. One didn't have to be a Jedi though to know she was right. "Because she doesn't think I'm Mandalorian anymore." Now he gave her a slight nod, confirming her thoughts. "I take it it wasn't her decision to give me to the Jedi?" To that Sjurd merely shrugged. "It no longer matters whose decision it was. What is done, is done."

    Cora picked up her lightsaber and placed it back on her belt as her father began leading them into the stronghold. "I'm probably not the person you were expecting." Again this led to a shrug form Sjurd. "You are my daughter." Then without another word he brought the Jedi into the stronghold.

    It was sparsely decorated they saw, no artwork hung on the walls as with some other strongholds, though the clan colors were prominently displayed. Nor was there a central throne upon which the clan leader could sit. Instead a large firepit dominated the center of the strongholds main room and looking up the Jedi could see a circular hole in the roof where the smoke could safely exit. It was shuttered closed at the moment by a set of blast doors, and the fire pit was cold. Having moved deeper into the stronghold, towards the living quarters, Cora's mother was no where to be seen, but her father seemed not to be upset. Instead he removed his helmet, the Jedi were met with his piercing green eyes and a wry smile. The hair atop his head was shorn nearly to the scalp.

    "Sit, let's talk for a moment." He placed his helmet under him and took a knee, half kneeling, half sitting using his buy'ce (helmet) as a seat. "Your mother needs time to cool down, to come to terms with..." he trailed off, not wanting to insult his daughter. "To terms with everything." He smiled at his daughter, though the Jedi could feel his sadness, even anger conflicting with his obvious love for his family.

    "Your arrival comes at uncertain time for Mandalore." He spoke in a low hushed tone now. "Since his ascension to power, mand'alor Karr has kept us very closely aligned with the Triumvirate, the Senate in particular." He looked around, almost conspiratorily. "That was many years ago now, and some..." he trailed off. "Many," he conceded now. "Many clans are agitating for change, for a more independent policy for the Mandalorian sector." He shrugged. "Cain Vizsla, the head of House Vizsla," he explained to the Jedi. "Vizsla in particular has been very critical of the mand'alor's policies but lacks the support to openly defy him." He sighed heavily.

    "I have been a supporter of Karr from the beginning, though I admit many in my clan also wish for a more independent Mandalore, one that puts Mandalore first as they put it." He shook his head. "Even now there is a meeting of the House leaders in Keldabe, the Mandalorian capital. One meant to force Karr's hand."

    He looked at the Jedi now. "The arrival of Jedi, now, to my clan stronghold, a clan that has supported Karr and his policies, will not be well looked upon by those who wish for a more independent government." There was a bit of alarm in his eyes now. "They will see it as an attempt by the New Jedi Order to influence Mandalorian politics, and will use your presence here against the mand'alor."

    "Were you challenged upon arrival? Who else knows you have come?"

    TAG: TheSilentInfluence, vncredleader, Skyla Skywalker
     
  22. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 6

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Eventide

    I turned to Reese with an apologetic shrug. "Sorry to blow our cover like that, sir, but our disguises don't amount to much and we're dealing with an archaeologist here, no doubt trained in observation, research, and deduction. He probably already figured out what we are."

    Turning back to Isabella, I took hold of her shoulders, looked deep into her eyes, committing her appearance as well as her Force presence to my memory. If anything else happened to her, I wanted to be aware of it immediately. "Isabella, you know what condition Al'kesh is in. If you follow this path that you're talking about, you're in real danger of ending up the same way. I don't know if any of us really understand the risk. But I do know that being a Jedi means taking risks. I'm willing to do that myself. You, on the other hand, are still in training, and no one will think less of you if you decide you're not ready to walk into that kind of danger. What happened to Al'kesh should scare the pudu out of tough old veterans, much less young padawans. Don't rush into this looking for glory or adventure. You have nothing to prove here. All you must do is what you feel is right."

    It's an awful thing to have so much responsibility thrust on such a young, inexperienced girl. Sometimes the galaxy just isn't fair. But I suspected she'd rise to the challenge and make our order proud. I just hoped she'd be alive and sane enough to see us be proud of her when it was all over.

    TAG: @ConservativeJedi321, @Darth_Elu, @Zurros Ka
     
  23. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora, Clan Itera Stronghold, Northern Wildlands, Mandalore

    Cora followed her father into the stronghold, looking around the hall as they entered. She briefly glanced back at her fellow Knights and Padawan Bovie before watching as her father sat down. She hesitated when he told her to sit, before moving to sit herself on the ground. It was cold, but Cora didn't complain.

    "Mandalorians and Jedi have history." Cora looked a little amused, trying not to let her mothers behaviour bother her. "Was I very different as a child?" She asked, wondering if that's alright to ask. It had been a long time since she had been on Mandalore. And a long time since Cora had seen her family. She hesitated before asking her next question. "Was it safer to give me to the Jedi? Is that why..." Cora trailed off and added, "The only other Mandalorian who knew of our arrival besides the Masters at the Temple was a pilot named ver'alor Czeska of the Mandalorian Protectors."

    Cora looked at her father, a little worried. "She sounded very upset." Cora looked over her shoulder. "I hope that it doesn't become a problem for you." Cora hesitated, not sure if she should call him father yet.

    Tag: Bardan_Jusik vncredleader Skyla Skywalker
     
  24. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

    Peregrine's drill sergeant voice caused the Ongree to flinch ever so slightly, he never really did get use to the militaristic nature of the human. But he after a second he saw some sense returning to Isabella's eye's, an awareness that wasn't there before. This gave him hope as the Padawan groaned slightly trying to reclaim her mind.

    He didn't acknowledge Professor Solo's self satisfied chuckle; as he confirmed what the Ongree already suspected, the fact that he knew they were Jedi, Semajj simply shrugged, "It wasn't relevant to our quest. I assumed you would help us either way." He offered a brief explanation, though he didn't sense any antagonism from the Corellian. Just pride at his own perceived deductive abilities.

    His focus remained steadfastly on Isabella, approaching the Padawan delicately. There are whispers...from all around us."
    Semajj nodded with understanding, the rest of the Jedi present had heard them as well. But now he was positive they were directly related to her strange behavior. "They're...dark...cold. Evil."
    She seemed hesitant, shaky, It seemed to him as if she wasn't sure she could trust her own thoughts. "They want us... Not them....yet. They have Al'kesh...his mind...soul. They own him now, and they want to own us."

    The Ongree glanced between his Jedi companions, this was confirmation that this planet was related somehow to the events at the Temple days earlier. They want us to follow the Altars, and I think we should."
    She seemed sure now, but Semajj didn't like it.
    "The only way to save Al'kesh, to save me... Is to follow the path where the Altars point..."

    Semajj shook his head thinking as the professor spoke up with incredulity, But of amongst the Knights present, it was Sarge who speaks first.

    "Isabella, you know what condition Al'kesh is in. If you follow this path that you're talking about, you're in real danger of ending up the same way. I don't know if any of us really understand the risk. But I do know that being a Jedi means taking risks. I'm willing to do that myself. You, on the other hand, are still in training, and no one will think less of you if you decide you're not ready to walk into that kind of danger. What happened to Al'kesh should scare the pudu out of tough old veterans, much less young padawans. Don't rush into this looking for glory or adventure. You have nothing to prove here. All you must do is what you feel is right."

    He concurred with the older human quickly, placing a calm hand on her shoulder. "We must contact the Council first. They must be made aware of this. A master should be sent to explore these ruins, and I don't think you are in any condition to go further Padawan." He glanced to Reese, hoping to find her Master in agreement with them. It was his call in the end, she was his responsibility first and foremost. "If we must move forward; I recommend Jedi Zurros Ka escort Isabella back to the shuttle for safety, and together they can report into the council. The three of us are more than capable of handling whatever dangers are present."
    Semajj was adamant they do the sensible thing and leave a trail. They needed to be careful, if anything should happen to them on this mission, the Masters had to know what they were dealing with.

    Bardan_Jusik, Sarge, Zurros Ka
     
  25. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Listening to the man Erso start talking had basically shut down any interest in trying to recruit him to Knight Sodi. An ego like that and disposition to bring shame and degradation to others was better suited to a sith. Might as well let the man live as a minor danger to other races and not to the galaxy at large, he doubted the man would ever be a good light in the darkness unless he was allowed to shine as a bright star for others to adore.

    "I would say luck," the man Erso laughed uncomfortably, "but we all know that isn't true. Luck is the result of hard work and sheer skill, of which I have both." He laughed again, though there was no joy behind it, and it was clear that the two Gran racers the Jedi had "befriended" were getting uncomfortable. "Still, everyone's luck has to run out eventually." There seemed to be a chill that came over the Jedi as Erso said those words, though the Gran didn't take notice. Indeed, they seemed lost in their own thoughts now, unfocused on ...anything. Knight Sodi began to sway slightly, a natural reaction to begin a moving meditation that his Master had ingrained in him so deeply it came without conscious thought to begin weaving the barriers and cleansing the mind at the chill that overtook them now. As the clarity of that thought came his eyes remained slightly unfocused as he took in the surroundings, the racers he had just gotten an autograph from, and it was not good.

    'Sith-spit! I hate when I am rightly wrong!' he mentally chastised himself. He was right about the blowhards disposition, but harmless was appearing less of a possibility to leaving this man here.

    "Would you care to make a wager against me winning?" He smiled a crooked smile, the Jedi had the distinct feeling that they were indeed the bush mice."Perhaps in favor of one of these two gentlebeings winning?" He gave a wave of his hand towards them, though when he did so the Jedi could sense something far more sinister taking place. Knight Sodi did his best to let it wash over him. Still it was hard to resist.

    Master Rand looked to Knight Avarray as Knight Troi exchanged glances with Knight Sodi. They all had the feeling that they should indeed take that wager, a nagging feeling that built up in the base of their skulls before being dismissed by them. The source of the feeling was clear, and it was shrouded in darkness. Worst of all, it was coming directly from the pod racer known as Chif Erso. Which brought up a second lesson, when all else is in doubt. . .

    Knight Sodi laughed, it started out as a chuckle before becoming a full belly - knee slapping laugh. "You want us? . he-he. .To bet on. . ha-he. .those you already beat?. . .Ha-Ha! And they didn't say you had a sense of humor! Ha-hahaha!" Shaking his head he looked at his fellow Jedi, nodding toward the ex-Grand Master who still looked awful young for his age. "I am sure even the young ones, me or pointy here could beat you. But like the boss said, we have cargo to yet deal with, a friend to find, and not the time nor the credits to waste on putting a dirt munching human like you in your place."

    Shaking his head he looked off at the track, "Heh-ha. Bet on them. Good one." Looking at his fellows he just grinned and slowly shook his head as though one in disbelief.

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @galactic-vagabond422, @CPL_Macja