main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik , Mar 10, 2017.

  1. Rebecca_Daniels

    Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    This Kla seemed to have misinterpreted the situation-- badly. Who in their right mind antagonized a Mandalorian? Clearly he was blinded by his hatred, which, even through her own disgust, Liuna could sense pouring off of him. Fighting off the urge to cut out the middleman and just search this place-- how long could it take for three trained Jedi to find a lightsaber?-- she glared daggers at Kla, standing her ground as backup as long as Taab had a handle on this.

    "As it turns out, we're looking for a lightsaber." That struck a nerve; she shifted slightly, Kla's hatred redoubling. "That is going to be very expensive for you my friend." He raised the arm mounted sonic canon and aimed it at him. "Very expensive indeed."

    There is no passion, there is serenity. On the other hand, when did staying calm ever get anything done?

    Shoving Edo aside for a clear firing line, Liuna stepped forward and drew her borrowed blaster in one motion. Unlike most Jedi she knew, she'd had ample opportunity to learn the use of various sidearms-- sometimes, they served better than a lightsaber at weeding out evil. Right now, it'd do her just fine, even if she was a little out of practice. Nothing the Force couldn't correct for against these common criminals.

    "Don't even think about it, scum," she snapped, levelling the blaster, right arm extended. She was less concerned about the threat against Taab than the gall this piece of poodoo had in trying to intimidate them. She shifted her aim to her right and fired once, close enough to Kla to make sure he understood what was happening. While Koji might have been putting on the mercenary act, Liuna wasn't messing around.

    She brought her blaster back in line. "I suggest you start talking."

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik The Vanguard Coffee_Ninja BookExogorth

    [face_mischief]
     
  2. BookExogorth

    BookExogorth Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho

    Breath. Focus on the people around you. Sense the currents of their purposes. Listen to what the force tells you about a person. She remembered some of her studies. Being calm and aware is important, and the best starting point for good judgement. She couldn't lose her head. Reaching out, she wondered if she was feeling the near-human's rising anger at the situation. The older woman's words had helped greatly, though. She tried to reach out to Kla and give him comfort, sympathy, and understanding through the force, hoping that the situation would be diffused...

    She felt something shift in the near-human, and she shoved Edo aside, making her fall on her hip. She exclaimed, "For what?" Now the shover was aiming a blaster, absolutely ready to kill. "Don't even think about it, scum," she said, emphasizing her feelings. Edo was breathing heavily now, afraid. She could almost change the feeling, but she then heard a shot go off. "Eeeh," she yelled, but shortly, for she soon knew no one was injured. "I suggest you start talking."

    "What was that?!" She was freaked out now, not caring about any careful pretense the group laid out. "I thought you were..." She paused, giving them all incredulous stares.

    Tag: Rebecca_Daniels, Coffee_Ninja, The Vanguard, Bardan_Jusik
    [face_mischief]
     
  3. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Port Pixelito, Malastare

    "I would say luck," the man laughed but, Rak sensed fear, just a hint. However it was suppressed, and focused. That could only be one thing. "but we all know that isn't true." There were knowing looks passed around but, the Jedi could sense no worry, no anxiety from the racer. "Luck is the result of hard work and sheer skill, of which I have both." A joyless laugh emanated from Erso's throat, cowering the Gran behind the cadre of Jedi. "Still, everyone's luck has to run out eventually." Rak shivered a little hearing these words. His suspicions were being confirmed. His face soured, this was not the way he saw this going.

    "Would you care to make a wager against me winning?" A predatory smile bloomed, Rak returned with a mirthful smirk of his own. "Perhaps in favor of one of these two gentlebeings winning?" A subtle swipe of his hand and the knight felt an urge to follow his suggestion brewing in the back of his mind.

    That was all he needed. Exchanging looks with the others Rak wasn't the only one feeling this. The vagabond put his hand behind his back finding a small needle placed above his lightsabers. Pricking his finger the feeling dissipated. Pain blocking, a trick he's picked up in his many travels. There were many species that had abilities to overcome one's mind that didn't involve the Force.

    He nodded his head hand near his long blade, Beacon. There was a darkness surrounding this man, an uncomfortable blackness that wrapped its tendrils around everything. He was Force Sensitive but, trained poorly or by the wrong people for the wrong reasons.

    :"I believe we should take our leave, let you get back to your preparations." With another bow Rak excused himself hoping the other crew would follow. They could not engage here, not with civilians around. There would be more opportunities to suss out what was going on.
    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja
     
  4. Coffee_Ninja

    Coffee_Ninja Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho

    Kasumi caught glimpses of the memory that Taab was having...only glimpses came through the Force to her. An exchange, about weapons. Then anger swept through the Force, and that calm was disturbed...from one of their own. Yes this weapons dealer was a pain, and was not forthcoming....violence attracted attention, and not the kind that they wanted. But, there was no stopping this. Kasumi knelt down to help Edo up to her feet. At the same time she gently touched the ground they were standing on, sending a small ripple through the Force to the blaster in the weapons dealers hand. If she had done it right, maybe she had been able to reprogram the blaster he held and wore to act as though it was malfunctioning and was unable to fire. If she had done it right...since this was the first time that she had tried it at a distance.
    "I thought you were..." Kasumi heard Edo.

    "Thought we were tired of travelling, and of getting the run around? Yes we are."

    There is more to you than meets the eye young one. Kasumi sent through the Force to Edo....but made it vague enough so that she wouldn't give herself away entirely.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, The Vanguard, BookExogorth
     
  5. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I

    IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    Eventide

    "Sorry to blow our cover like that, sir, but our disguises don't amount to much and we're dealing with an archaeologist here, no doubt trained in observation, research, and deduction. He probably already figured out what we are." Knight Reese nodded his understanding, and approval of Knight Bonaventure's reasoning as Professor Solo's grin grew all the wider. He really did seem quite pleased with himself.

    Now Bonaventure turned his attention to padawan Isabella, taking hold of her shoulders. "Isabella, you know what condition Al'kesh is in. If you follow this path that you're talking about, you're in real danger of ending up the same way." She blinked at him. "I don't know if any of us really understand the risk. But I do know that being a Jedi means taking risks. I'm willing to do that myself. You, on the other hand, are still in training, and no one will think less of you if you decide you're not ready to walk into that kind of danger. What happened to Al'kesh should scare the pudu out of tough old veterans, much less young padawans. Don't rush into this looking for glory or adventure. You have nothing to prove here. All you must do is what you feel is right." Now she looked at the ground beneath her feet, and back to the altar that seemed to be calling to her. She wanted to go, she so desperately wanted to go...

    Knight Nosrep concurred with the newly minted Knight but quickly added, "We must report into the Council first. They must be made aware of this. A master should be sent to explore these ruins, and I don't think you are in any condition to go further Padawan." He glanced to Reese, who gave a slight nod of agreement, at least in part, as a reply. "The Council does indeed need to be informed of what we've found here." he gave a quick glance to Isabella who was focused solely on the Altar now. "Just in case..."

    Semajj wasn't finished and gave perhaps the best suggestion Reese had heard thus far. "If we must move forward; I recommend Jedi Zurros Ka escort Isabella back to the shuttle for safety, and together they can report into the council. The three of us are more than capable of handling whatever dangers are present."

    Reese stretch his bionic arm, annoyed at the low whirring sound it made. It seemed to be getting worse as the grit and grime of this world worked its way into the mechanism. Much the way the darkness seemed to have worked its way into their own minds. It was an annoyance, but one he could deal with. Likewise so could the other Knights, but Isabella? She was just a padawan, and far more susceptible to whatever was going on. Sending her back to the shuttle to report back to the Council was the smart thing to do, but... she also seemed to have more insight to what was happening here than any of the others.

    "Isabella?" He asked softly, taking a knee in front of her. "I want to go, to help." Her eyes looked to his, pleading. "I can control it, I won't lose myself." Reese stood back up, he was still concerned, but the rewards seemed to outweigh the risks. She was strong, she could do this. Still there was the matter of reporting back to the Council. "Knight Ka," the Falleen Knight who had remained virtually silent throughout the mission bowed silently in response. "Go back to the shuttle and fill in Master Kraahn and Knight Giim on what has happened. Then report back to the Council via a secure comm line." Reese nodded to Nosrep as Ka bent low in another bow and ran off back to where they had landed the shuttle. "The four of us," he indicated Bonaventure, Nosrep, Isabella and himself. "Will investigate further."

    Now Solo let out a laugh. "Investigate what? I already told you, the altars all point in different directions, there is no path to follow." He motioned to Big X who stepped forward and activated a holo emitter in his arm. "We took compass readings, none of the altars were on the same..." Various images of several different sacrificial altars appeared in the air above them with a set of numbers along the side. "See," Solo pointed at the numbers on the various images. "All have different headings!" Solo was right, none of the numbers matched, and some were off significantly from the others. "So what path are we supposed to follow?" He shrugged his shoulders.

    The Jedi could see for themselves he was right. All the altars had different compass headings associated with the images. One side of each image, the area "in front of" the altar was analogous to where they were all standing now in front of this one. Given the flat terrain there, it was probably where worshipers, or whatever they were, congregated for the sacrifice. On the other side, "behind" each altar was a plume of smoke from the erupting volcano that they had noticed upon landing on the planet. In some images the top top of the volcano could be seen, spewing forth lava and smoke while on others, images taken at altars farther away from the volcano, only the plume of smoke was visible. In all of them the altar itself seemed centered on that plume of smoke. Looking out over their own altar they could now see that same plume of smoke rising off in the distance.

    TAG: Sarge, ConservativeJedi321, Darth_Elu, Zurros Ka




    IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Erso to be confused at Sodi's sudden outburst of laughter. "You want us? . he-he. .To bet on. . ha-he. .those you already beat?. . .Ha-Ha! And they didn't say you had a sense of humor! Ha-hahaha!" Shaking his head he looked at his fellow Jedi, nodding toward the ex-Grand Master who still looked awful young for his age. "I am sure even the young ones, me or pointy here could beat you. But like the boss said, we have cargo to yet deal with, a friend to find, and not the time nor the credits to waste on putting a dirt munching human like you in your place."

    Erso's sense of bewilderment, and frustration turned to one of anger, and anger he barely kept contained. "I believe we should take our leave, let you get back to your preparations." With another bow Rak excused himself as Master Rand and Knight Troi followed suit. They quickly left the trio of pod racers behind. From Erso they could feel a smoldering anger that seemed incongruent with the perplexed look he still wore on his face. "That normally works..." he could be seen mouthing to himself, though the two Gran seemed not to take notice. they simply shook their own heads, gave each other an odd look and wandered away from Erso themselves, headed towards their own pit area.

    Once out of earshot of the others Knight Troi spoke up. "OK, what was that and what do we do now?" He looked to Knight Avarray, but it was Master Rand that spoke first. "Obviously he is a powerful force user, though it would seem largely untrained." He looked to the others, they had all recognized the crude attempt at a mind trick from the racer. "I sensed the dark side from him. We should bring him in, back to the Temple for further examination by the Council."


    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, galactic-vagabond422, CPL_Macja
     
  6. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    As Taab wondered how his beskar'gam would hold up under the onslaught of Kla's arm mounted sonic canon, the Ghost (Knight Iotasi) took the opportunity to show off yet another of her skills, her quickness. Before Taab could blink the Jedi had pushed aside Tagalong (Edo Vilsa) and drawn her blaster from it's holster, aiming it squarely at the arms dealer. Taab held back the urge to let out a low whistle of appreciation. Had he ever been that fast? There was a time where his skills and combat honed reactions had been fast enough to fight a Jedi, and win. He knew time had slowed him down, but he doubted he had ever been as fast as the Ghost had just demonstrated she could be.

    "Don't even think about it, scum," she snapped, leveling the blaster, before shifting her aim and letting loose with a warning shot. The red bolt seared across the room, scorching the wall a meter to the right of Kla's head. "I suggest you start talking." Kla's expression had changed during the ordeal, from one of anger and hatred to fear during Ghost's furtive movements. Now he wore an appreciative and somewhat bemused look on his face.

    "That was fast..." he mumbled to himself, his sonic canon was still trained on Taab, but the immanent hostility seemed to have evaporated. He had never even had the chance to fire, and now he doubted he could get a shot off before this assassin, and she had to be an assassin with skills like that, put her next bolt through his cranial cavity. Her actions though, they seemed to surprise even some of her comrades as the little one lost control.

    "What was that?!" Came from the young one, oh yes, she had been very surprised. "I thought you were..." Ah, it became clear to Kla now. This little one wasn't with them, not with them at all. He bobbed his head fro side to side for a moment. "Peaceful traders? Hunters looking to go on safari?"

    "Thought we were tired of travelling, and of getting the run around? Yes we are." Master Kasumi's reply caused an unseen smirk to form on Taab's face behind his T-Visor, though Kla just shook his head. "No little one, these are none of those things. These are dangerous beings, and if they're looking for a lightsaber it means they're going after Jedi..." he looked to Taab, remembering his career as a Jedi hunter. "But you're too old for that game. Too..." he looked at the Ghost. "...slow. Now she's fast enough." He smiled. "So, you're what Taab, training them? Showing them the ropes? Or are you just their tracker?"

    Taab didn't answer, just gave a short nod of his head in Ghost's direction. She still had her blaster leveled at Kla's head, and he hadn't responded to her...request. Kla swallowed audibly. "I have...ah. I do have a lightsaber... in inventory." He stared at Taab's T-Visor, straining to see inside. "But the last time your friend there had a lightsaber near me, he took my arm." Kla patted the sonic canon with his right hand. "That's why I have this now." He turned his gaze back on the Ghost. "So the one I have now is not for sale," his anger returned, crowding out even his greed. "Not to him!"

    TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels, BookExogorth.




    IC: padawan Bovie (NPC)
    Clan Itera stronghold, Northern wildlands, Mandalore

    "Ah Lieutenant Czeska, ver'alor denotes her rank in Mando'a my child." He suppressed a weary smile, amused and yet disheartened by his daughter's lack of understanding her native tongue. "Czeska is a zealot. She renounced her clan heritage and joined the Protectors. She is fiercely loyal to the mand'alor. It's a good bet that Karr already knows you're here."

    He shrugged as he changed the topic. "As to your safety back then, We Mando'ade and the Jedi have a...complicated history." he looked to the cold firepit before explaining further. "At the time, there were a group of Mandalorians known as the jetii'roya, Jedi Hunters, unsanctioned by the mand'alore, who wanted nothing more than to hunt the Jedi to extinction. They burned the Kor'le homestead to the ground, killed Jac-Ral and took his daughters." He looked at his daughter. "There were rumors that one of them was force sensitive, maybe both." He shrugged. "They were never seen again, though the Protectors tried to hunt the jetii'roya down after that." He smiled, trying to lighten the mood. "That was after we had given you up though, maybe ten years ago, and the jetii'roya are no more." He leaned in towards the Jedi, and his daughter. "Someone, someone other than the Protectors, wiped them out, not long after the Kor'le homestead was destroyed. No one knows who, but there were...rumors." There was a glint in his eye. "Rumors of outcast mando'ade and even force using Mandalorians working together to defeat them once and for all." He leaned back again and looked to where his wife had disappeared down the short hallway. "I entertained the notion that it was you.. but deep down. I knew you would have been too young."

    He stood up, picking up his buy'ce (helmet) and cradled it in his arm. "Any troubles we encounter we can manage, as a clan. But you," he stepped forward and helped his daughter back to her feet. "Where do your loyalties lie, with your clan, or with the Jedi?"

    TAG: TheSilentInfluence, vncredleader, Skyla Skywalker
     
  7. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora, Clan Itera Stronghold, Northern Wildlands, Mandalore

    Cora listened to her father patiently, silently wondering what had happened to the Jedi who were Mandalorians like her. Who never had a chance to go and study at the Temple. She listed to her father, grateful that he had sent her away. "Are you sure these Jedi Hunters aren't just biding their time?" Cora asked softly. She gave her father a serious look, thinking about the Sith who hid for years.

    When her father helped her up Cora gave him a grateful nod, but hesitated at his question. My loyalties? Cora turned to look at her friends, her fellow Jedi before looking back at her father. "My loyalties are to my family, Jedi and Mandalorian. Knight Aldor and I were trained together by Master Koji. We fought and bleed together." Cora turned to Knight Aldor, Knight Skywalker and Padawan Bovie. "They came with me when they didn't have to. Just like you didn't have to welcome me into your home." Cora stared hard at her father, wanting him to know she wasn't just going to leave because her mother wanted her too. That she was ready to earn her beskar.

    Tag: Bardan_Jusik vncredleader Skyla Skywalker
     
  8. Coffee_Ninja

    Coffee_Ninja Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    "That's why I have this now." He turned his gaze back on the Ghost. "So the one I have now is not for sale," his anger returned, crowding out even his greed. "Not to him!"

    "If not to him, then I put my hat in the ring so to speak." Kasumi stepped forward. Enough was enough. Taab no exposing the past he had with this arms dealer was something that had put them in danger, and could still cause this to end badly. "Everything is for sale, if the price is right, correct? What would your price be for a lightsaber? Would this be something you were interested in?"

    During the exchange Kasumi had reached into her medicine bag and brought out a precious blue jewel, clear in color, and one that would not be found again. It was one of just a few that her family had left to her brother and they had passed to her after he passed. She kept them hoping that they would come in handy, and just happened to put on in her bag. Maybe this one would be able to help in this situation. It was a jewell from her long dead planet....one from Alderaan. She hoped that maybe she could appeal to his greed again.






    Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, BookExogorth
     
  9. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 6

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Eventide

    I scanned the array of holoprojections that the massive droid was displaying for us. "So, every one of these altars was built so that the congregation would have a view of the volcano right behind it. That can't be a coincidence, and I don't believe in coincidences anyway. Professor Solo, is there anything of archaeological interest at the volcano? Any sign of construction or occupation near it?"

    Turning to Isabella, I looked closely at her to make sure she was still maintaining her control. "Isabella, you're tuned into whatever this is better than the rest of us. Do you sense anything unusual about the volcano?"

    In my head I was already inventorying what we'd need to go investigate a volcano. Heat resistant clothing, extra rebreathers, lots of extra water, all the burn ointment we could scrounge, shovels might be handier than lightsabers if we had to dig, extra lights in case we ended up in the dark, and rope. Always good to have rope.

    TAG: @ConservativeJedi321, @Darth_Elu, @Zurros Ka
     
  10. BookExogorth

    BookExogorth Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho

    Edo was calm again. Though the Wise Master, the rank of which Edo deemed her clearly deserving, had interrupted her, she clearly was a good influence. Edo didn't know how many people these jedi could impact with this mission. She just needed to stay quiet and listen. Learn from others. Her misgivings about the mandalorian increased immensely by the minute, though.

    "Everything is for sale, if the price is right, correct? What would your price be for a lightsaber? Would this be something you were interested in?"

    As the woman spoke, she got something out of her bag. Edo thought it would be something of interest, but it seemed to be nothing more than a rock. It was probably valuable. She figured she might as well gasp a bit, since the rock is probably rare, maybe, "colorful"? But then, Kla (and the others) might be confused by that... She settled on a surprised sniff.

    Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, Coffee_Ninja, The Vanguard
     
  11. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Now that they were safely away he nodded to the others as they spoke. More to show he was listening then that he agreed. The smile was now long gone from his face as he stayed open to the force as he walked away, and he didn't like what he felt. Finally in the lull he shook his head.

    "With all respect. We have better things to follow than baby darksiders, we have a duty to either kill him or leave him be until we have less pressing matters to attend to. I vote if you want to bring him in we wait until we have more time. With a racing ego like his he shouldn't be hard to find later no matter what happens." Digging in a pocket he pulled out a set of goggles and slid them on his head before pulling up the black cowl of his robe. "I hope the others have had better luck then we have. Or at least the next lead pans out better."

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik, @Master Vo'Un'Var, @galactic-vagabond422, @CPL_Macja
     
  12. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Port Pixelito, Malastare

    "Obviously he is a powerful force user, though it would seem largely untrained." Rand started when prompted by Knight Tori. His gaze passed over the other knights and Rak nodded, "I sensed the dark side from him. We should bring him in, back to the Temple for further examination by the Council."

    Before rak could say anything Knight Sadi spoke up.

    "With all respect. We have better things to follow than baby darksiders, we have a duty to either kill him or leave him be until we have less pressing matters to attend to. I vote if you want to bring him in we wait until we have more time. With a racing ego like his he shouldn't be hard to find later no matter what happens."

    Rak gave an arched brow to his companion as he brought up his hood.

    "But, we are here now," Rak added, this was too good of an opportunity to pass up. Besides what more was for them to do. "If we wait, that could leave others to open to his influence and it is only a matter of time before he starts using his powers for more than forcing others to make bad bets. If we put a stop to this now, we end a problem before it becomes a problem. Would you want to be sent back out here again just a solve a problem we could have wrapped up nice and neat on this day." He gave warm smile. "Besides, like you said it would be easy to deal with him. I'm sure just a few hours wouldn't hurt too much more." As well, Rak wasn't quite ready to head back to the Temple, not just yet.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik, Master Vo'Un'Var, Mitth_Fisto, CPL_Macja
     
  13. The Vanguard

    The Vanguard Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Ugem'bivi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho

    "..the one I have now is not for sale," sonic arm's dealer poured anger, "not to him!"

    "If not to him, then I put my hat in the ring so to speak." Master Kasumi's voice brought calm to whatever ears were soft enough to listen "Everything is for sale, if the price is right, correct? What would your price be for a lightsaber? Would this be something you were interested in?"

    During the exchange Kasumi had reached into her medicine bag and brought out a precious blue jewel, clear in color, and one that would not be found again. It was one of just a few that her family had left to her brother and they had passed to her after he passed. She kept them hoping that they would come in handy, and just happened to put on in her bag.

    Sensing the importance of the jewel to one as great as Master Kasumi, Bivi couldn't remain silent any longer.

    "I offer myself as collateral." The young Twi-lek masked the regret within her voice. She had realized her dream of becoming a Jedi, a real Jedi and padawan learner, only to offer it up like trophy. "You obviously need help keeping this place tidy," she pointed to the stacks of datapads and miscellaneous items that littered Kla's desk. Bivi knew the common practice of owning Twi-lek slaves. She never kept tabs, but she was certain over half of her former family were currently living as slaves for various wealthy traders and slavers. "If you know where the lightsaber is, I will serve you as payment."

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels Coffee_Ninja BookExogorth
     
  14. Rebecca_Daniels

    Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho Market, Kashyyyk

    Seems this dealer's sense outweighed his greed, though his accusation of being Jedi hunters was almost laughable. Liuna didn't lower her blaster, not trusting his words in the slightest. If she were him, she'd be signalling reinforcements right about now. There was the Gamorrean out front, and potentially more on this scumbag's payroll. In a space like this, it could get chaotic very quickly, and even though she was confident that their group could outmatch anything Kla could hire, the randomness of the universe couldn't be accounted for, accidents happened.

    Master Kasumi spoke up, "Everything is for sale, if the price is right, correct? What would your price be for a lightsaber? Would this be something you were interested in?" So cooler heads prevailed. Liuna wouldn't have offered Kla anything more than walking away with his life, but if the Jedi Master wanted to trade then that was her choice. Liuna was about to speak, to encourage the dealer to take that option when Bivi spoke up instead.

    "I offer myself as collateral. You obviously need help keeping this place tidy. If you know where the lightsaber is, I will serve you as payment."

    What was she thinking? Liuna glanced sharply at Koji, thinking get your Padawan under control. While she'd been quick-thinking when faced with that Wookiee, clearly Liuna had overestimated her talent for bluffing. They weren't about to leave a Jedi here, especially not a child. That was something she knew in her core, even when she questioned the Jedi code, even when she saw the worst the galaxy had to offer: you don't leave the innocent in the hands of evil. And there was no doubt in her mind this Kla was evil; weapons dealers were the worst of the lowlifes, supplying those that otherwise wouldn't be able to act on their criminal intentions, and just for the sake of greed.

    "No, that's not on the table." She frowned but didn't look at the Padawan. "You've got my friend's offer," she said, indicating Kasumi. "I encourage you to take it. You won't get another one."

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik The Vanguard Coffee_Ninja BookExogorth
     
  15. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

    The Ongree didn't like this, it was clear to him that the danger of allowing Isabella to continue far exceeded any benefit her presence could bring to their investigation. 4
    It was clear to him that the whispers caused the Padawan stress. Her mental focus must be consistent for her to stay free from their enchanting grip. If it came to a fight, Semajj was worried she would lose that focus, and be consumed.

    Nevertheless he did not object, despite his reluctance. Reese was her Master, and he had no authority to overrule his decision.

    He was the last Jedi present to turn his focus to the holographic map. Sarge seemed most intrigued by the virtual representation of the alters, "So, every one of these altars was built so that the congregation would have a view of the volcano right behind it. That can't be a coincidence, and I don't believe in coincidences anyway. Professor Solo, is there anything of archaeological interest at the volcano? Any sign of construction or occupation near it?"

    "Even if there is none you are aware of, I wouldn't be surprised if there might be some hidden chambers yet to be discovered. We should investigate." Semajj interjected with a calm tone. If this darkness was as he suspected, there most certainly would be area's specifically designed to be hidden from public perception. Dark ones rarely wanted their mechanisms to be easily found.
    The Ongree glanced back to Isabella for a moment, if only to assure himself she was still in control.

    Tags: Bardan_Jusik, Sarge
     
    Bardan_Jusik , Sarge and BookExogorth like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I

    IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    Eventide

    "So, every one of these altars was built so that the congregation would have a view of the volcano right behind it." Knight Bonaventure pointed out as Professor Solo and the droid, Big X, reacted with surprise. "We took compass readings but didn't look further into it than that." Solo shook his head, clearly disgusted with himself. "I didn't see that those readings all converged on that point. How could I have missed something so obvious?"

    "That can't be a coincidence, and I don't believe in coincidences anyway." Bonaventure continued. "Professor Solo, is there anything of archaeological interest at the volcano? Any sign of construction or occupation near it?" Solo shook his head but it was Big X who answered. "That volcano lies just within the planet's zone of darkness and thus far remains unexplored by this expedition."

    "Even if there is none you are aware of, I wouldn't be surprised if there might be some hidden chambers yet to be discovered. We should investigate." Knight Nosrep added calmly, glancing back to padawan Isabella even as Knight Bonaventure also turned his attention to the padawan whose eyes never left the rising plume of far off smoke. "Isabella, you're tuned into whatever this is better than the rest of us. Do you sense anything unusual about the volcano?"

    Isabella blinked, and shook her head as if collecting her thoughts. She looked into Knight Bonaventure's eyes. "The Heart of Darkness is there, in the volcano." As she uttered the words all of the Jedi could hear a disembodied thumping noise, like that of a slowly beating heart. At the same time there was a sense of excitement at the mention of the Heart of Darkness from Solo who tried unsuccessfully to hide his interest.

    "Well, it looks like we're going after this Heart then." Knight Reese intoned. "Gather what gear you need, and prepare yourselves. This will be a difficult journey."

    TAG: Sarge, ConservativeJedi321




    IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    "I sensed the dark side from him. We should bring him in, back to the Temple for further examination by the Council." Master Rand's suggestion was not well received by Knight Sodi. "With all respect. We have better things to follow than baby darksiders, we have a duty to either kill him or leave him be until we have less pressing matters to attend to. I vote if you want to bring him in we wait until we have more time. With a racing ego like his he shouldn't be hard to find later no matter what happens." Digging in a pocket he pulled out a set of goggles and slid them on his head before pulling up the black cowl of his robe. "I hope the others have had better luck then we have. Or at least the next lead pans out better."

    Rand rubbed his left hand on his chin as the Kage Jedi said his piece. He wasn't wrong, this had not been their mission. Still the Force had brought them here, now. Why else if not to deal with the darksider? Knight Avarray seemed to agree with the Jedi Master though. "But, we are here now," Avarray added. "If we wait, that could leave others to open to his influence and it is only a matter of time before he starts using his powers for more than forcing others to make bad bets. If we put a stop to this now, we end a problem before it becomes a problem. Would you want to be sent back out here again just a solve a problem we could have wrapped up nice and neat on this day." He gave warm smile. "Besides, like you said it would be easy to deal with him. I'm sure just a few hours wouldn't hurt too much more."

    Master Rand continued stroking his chin, giving equal measure to both their points of view. He looked to former Grand Master Decinchi, his opinion would carry with it much weight, but the Erphae just shrugged noncommittally. He had seemed most disinterested the entire time here, and showed no signs of becoming more involved now. Master Rand also looked at padawan Vunn with a raised eyebrow. Likewise the padawan had remained quiet. Was that a result of his lower station than the others, or did he simply not have any ideas at the moment? Rand couldn't tell as he looked back to Knight Sodi, taking note of how his lowered goggles made the Kage look like a pod racer himself...

    "Hmmm" he again stroked his chin thoughtfully. "You said something earlier Sodi, something about any of us being able to best Erso in a pod race." The boast had been made in jest, an in character moment for the group of rough and tumble spacers they were portraying, designed to get under Erso's skin. Yet, there was a measure of truth to the statement. Erso was getting by using his ill developed sense of the Force, and here were two Masters, two Knights and a trained padawan. Surely any of them could best Erso in a simple pod race.

    "I don't like where you're going with this Mas... Rand" Knight Troi said quietly. "We can take him easily, I say we wait until he is alone, kill him and then be on our way." He gave a curt nod to Knight Sodi. "Erso isn't our mission, but disposing of him should be no problem." Master Rand shook his head.

    "You're forgetting, Knight Al'kesh advocated betting on Erso, perhaps Erso touched his mind as well, perhaps in ways we have not yet seen and that was the cause of his...condition. We need to bring him in." Troi bit his lower lip as he began to shift his weight from foot to foot. "He is making his living on the racing circuit, I say we beat him at his own game, take away his livelihood and see if that makes him more...amenable to coming with us without causing a scene."

    He looked to the others, wondering what they would think of his idea. It was Knight Troi who spoke first. "That's all well and good, best him in tomorrow's race on a track he knows like the back of his own hand." He remained obviously unconvinced. "Even if it could work, we have no pod, and even if we did, which of us would pilot it?"

    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, galactic-vagabond422, CPL_Macja
     
  17. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Kla (NPC)
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    "That's why I have this now." Kla turned his gaze back on the Ghost. "So the one I have now is not for sale," his anger returned, crowding out even his greed. "Not to him!"

    "If not to him, then I put my hat in the ring so to speak." Master Kasumi stepped forward, obviously intending to put an end to this now. "Everything is for sale, if the price is right, correct? What would your price be for a lightsaber? Would this be something you were interested in?" She reached into her medicine bag and brought out a precious blue jewel, clear in color, and one that would not be found again. The arms dealer looked at it, the desire to possess it rising within him, and fighting against his hatred of Taab. His arm mounted cannon started to waver slightly when the twi'lek blurted out.

    "I offer myself as collateral." Kla looked at her with surprise, and obvious disdain. "You obviously need help keeping this place tidy," He frowned. He did need to organize things perhaps a bit more...neatly. "If you know where the lightsaber is, I will serve you as payment." A lightsaber for a slave? Perhaps, worth it, but not for one so young. And he would have trouble selling her until she were...more mature. That was a long term investment he was unwilling to make, especially where it concerned helping Taab.

    "No, that's not on the table." The assassin with the blaster trained on him frowned but didn't look at the twi'lek. "You've got my friend's offer," she said, still clearly entirely focused on Kla. "I encourage you to take it. You won't get another one." Kla returned her frown, assessing the group. Taab was once dangerous, but he was old now, old and too slow for this sort of work. Why else put in with these neophytes? And neophytes is what they all were, unable to handle themselves, except maybe for the assassin...

    With just a thought, Kla's arm mounted sonic cannon let loose, the pulse striking Taab square in the chest. The Mandalorian was flung backwards, his outstretched arm striking Iotasi's arm and causing her blaster shot (which she loosed a mere moment after Kla opened fire) to go wide of it's mark by mere inches before the Mandalorian crumpled to the floor. Jumping towards them with his shot, Kla reached back with his real arm and pulled a lightsaber from where it had been hidden at the small of his back. Igniting it's brilliant green blade he raised it to the assassin's throat.

    "I'll be keeping this, and your friend's bauble." The Gamorrean guard came rushing into the room, his vibro-axe at the ready, along with three others, a Gungan with an eye patch, and two Klatooinians. These three had blasters which they leveled at the Jedi. "So leave your weapons, your valuables, and your friend Taab here and I may let you all live."

    TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels, BookExogorth.

    OOC: Apologies in advance for the shot taken by your character Becca, figured it was something she would do right away rather than wait for your response. If not, chalk it up to an accidental or negligent discharge, or even just a misperception by Kla of someone else (perhaps Taab) trying to shoot back. To everyone, the guards are fair game to kill/maim as you please. Kla likewise can be defeated at your leisure, but please leave him alive for game purposes. Any questions, y'all know how to reach me.




    IC: padawan Bovie (NPC)
    Clan Itera stronghold, Northern wildlands, Mandalore

    "Are you sure these Jedi Hunters aren't just biding their time?" Knight Cora asked softly. The look she gave her father sent shiver's down padawan Bovie's spine. Mandalorians actively hunting down Jedi. The prospect was frightening enough, but the idea of them doing it while in hiding, while Bovie was on Mandalore? He really didn't want to think about that. Her father though seemed unconcerned, merely shrugging in response. "Whether they have been destroyed or are just in hiding matters little, Cor'ika. Their existence is not tolerated by the Mand'alor or the Protectors."

    That seemed to satisfy Knight Cora who answered her father's question now. "My loyalties are to my family, Jedi and Mandalorian. Knight Aldor and I were trained together by Master Koji. We fought and bleed together." Cora turned to Knight Aldor, Knight Skywalker and Padawan Bovie as the Gran padawan felt a presence in the hallway. "They came with me when they didn't have to. Just like you didn't have to welcome me into your home."

    Cora's mother stormed into the room now from the hall where she had been listening. "An answer which says nothing, an answer I would expect of a jetii..." She spat the word out as if it were a profanity. She stood there, her buy'ce (helmet) clipped to her belt with her arms crossed and an accusing look on her face as she stared down her daughter. "She gave the only answer she could, riduur (spouse, wife)". He looked to the Jedi who had been quiet thus far. It was so unlike the Jedi in his experience, who seemed to always have an opinion on everything. Yet these Jedi had remained respectful and silent. "How could she claim to have no loyalty to the Jedi? Had she done so we would have known she was lying and without honor." Cora's mother turned her glare to her husband now. "And you would have cast her out." It was not a question, but he nodded anyway. "She has shown she has honor, and the desire to carry on our traditions and ways as she is able." He turned to Cora with a smile. "She has earn..."

    Cora's mother was having none of that though as she interrupted. "She was to lead the clan..." she started before realizing she had said too much. "and now...now it doesn't matter."

    TAG: TheSilentInfluence, vncredleader, Skyla Skywalker
     
  18. The Vanguard

    The Vanguard Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph, Ugem'bivi
    Smugglers Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    "No, that's not on the table." Koji caught the stern glance from his companion, Knight Iotasi as she appeared to rebuke, Kla, his padawan, and himself at the same time.

    "NJO jockey.." the antagonistic thought silently floated within Koji's mind before he put it to rest. Liuna had shown she could handle herself as an excellent Jedi Knight. If the Mirialan was saying what he thought she was saying, he knew she was right. Bivi was young, very young. She was a brand new Padawan and it was his personal responsibility to guide her and instill within her the wisdom of a Jedi. Thoughts of self-doubt began to creep into his already busy mind but Koji quickly snuffed them out. There was no time for second guessing, not now.

    "You've got my friend's offer," Liuna continued, still clearly entirely focused on Kla. "I encourage you to take it. You won't get another one."

    Koji's force senses were still complicated, but for some odd reason his battle precognition abilities were exceptional. When he was a new Knight, he studied the force technique in depth with some of the Masters at the Temple. From what he gathered, all force wielding Jedi had above-average reflexes, the ability to see things before they happen. Battle precognition was a boon to that already established ability. Seeing a glean in Kla's eye, Koji harmlessly sidestepped to stand behind his padawan. Within seconds, Kla's prosthetic weapon let loose, the pulse striking Taab square in the chest. Pulling his padawan to the side, Koji called out to his pupil, "that was a brave offer, one we will discuss after this business is concluded."

    Bivi's face was unafraid but unsure, "Yes Master."

    Jumping towards them with his shot, Kla reached back with his real arm and pulled a lightsaber from where it had been hidden at the small of his back. Igniting it's brilliant green blade he raised it to the assassin's throat.

    A-ha. Koji thought to himself. What was dark now is light..

    "I'll be keeping this, and your friend's bauble." The Gamorrean guard came rushing into the room, his vibro-axe at the ready, along with three others, a Gungan with an eye patch, and two Klatooinians. These three had blasters which they leveled at the Jedi. "So leave your weapons, your valuables, and your friend Taab here and I may let you all live."

    Koji mantained the directive that they were mercenaries, so he stayed his hand from grabbing his lightsaber. Instead, he picked up what looked like a glass plate and hurled it at Kla - hoping to throw him off-balance enough for Liuna to catch him by surprise.


    TAG: Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels Coffee_Ninja BookExogorth
     
  19. Skyla Skywalker

    Skyla Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

    Registered:
    Apr 17, 2017
    IC: Skyla Skywalker
    Mandalore

    Skyla folded her arms over her chest as she watched the rising action. She bit her tongue, trying not to say anything. I should let Cora handle this. She’s a great Jedi, who can handle anything. Skyla thinks to herself as she continues to stare. ”She was to lead the clan!” Her mother interrupted, and Skyla flinched. And now...now it doesn’t matter.” Skyla unfolded her arms, and put her hand near her lightsaber. She could sense the woman’s building anger, and she had to be ready to defend herself.

    TheSilentInfluence vncredleader Bardan_Jusik
     
  20. BookExogorth

    BookExogorth Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa

    Edo was surprised by the young one stepping forward. Her offer was rash, foolish, and not acceptable for many reasons, but it reassured her, in a way, that the twi'lek meant to be self-sacrificing, and that even the harsh one instantly shot it down. They wanted to follow the force. This group may not be quite jedi, but she knew that she wasn't quite a jedi herself. Perhaps it was the environment of the Den that was influencing their demeanor?


    She smiled at the master and padawan, in the midst of the tense moment.

    With a bam, Kla's sonic weapon went off. The shot hit the mandalorian hard. She watched with shock as he was flung backwards, and he at the very least had the wind knocked out of him. As the others started moving, she bounded to a large crate and hid behind it. She had no weapon or experience, and she could die if she wasn’t shielded. Edo knew she could help though. She concentrated on the glow that was the mandalorian and the force, attempting to give him revitalization. She didn’t know what he felt, but she was exerting herself, and she didn’t know if she was doing right, for she hadn’t been instructed in this, only listened to an instructional holo.


    Tag: Bardan_Jusik, The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels
     
  21. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora, Clan Itera Stronghold, Northern Wildlands, Mandalore

    Cor'ika.

    Cora frowned at her father, feeling a startling, upset feeling in her stomach as she gave him an unsure look, like she remembered something long forgotten. Why does that feel so familiar? She ducked her head, giving it a slight shake as she tried to control her emotions. Cora turned to her mother at her words, nearly shaking before Cora met her gaze as she spoke about Cora leading the Clan.

    "We can't claim titles." Cora said quietly. She pushed some of her hair away from her own face and shook her head. "As Jedi we need to uphold our code, and if I were to take claim of that title I would have to give up being a Jedi." Cora glanced at Skyla who had placed her hand on her lightsaber. "I don't want to do that. I have to do what's best for me, even if you feel like it isn't Ad'buir." The word came out automatically, a gentle slip of the tongue that Cora didn't even realise she had done.

    Cora took a deep, shaky breath before she turned to look at her friends again, wondering just what they were going to do now. The last thing Cora wanted was to start a conflict in her own home. And she certainly didn't want to drag her fellow Jedi into it. Not unless it was necessary.

    Tag: Bardan_Jusik vncredleader Skyla Skywalker
     
  22. Rebecca_Daniels

    Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    This Kla was going to regret everything he'd done and said to them. His blast against Taab had knocked her aim aside enough that she kriffing missed, and now he'd revealed that he'd had the lightsaber all along by pointing it at her neck.

    "I'll be keeping this, and your friend's bauble." The Gamorrean guard came rushing into the room, his vibro-axe at the ready, along with three others, a Gungan with an eye patch, and two Klatooinians. These three had blasters which they leveled at the Jedi. "So leave your weapons, your valuables, and your friend Taab here and I may let you all live."

    He truly had no idea who he was dealing with, and while Liuna internally berated herself-- she'd thought that he might call reinforcements, but she'd underestimated him-- she wasn't about to let this lowlife win.

    Koji was the quickest on the draw and threw something at Kla, distracting him for just a moment. Without hesitation, she took a half step back so the blade wasn't quite so close to her neck, and blasted Kla backwards with the Force. Even someone untrained could be dangerous with a lightsaber, and she wanted it out of play.

    The four reinforcements, however, would be another thing; without their lightsabers those four might be difficult to take down. But Liuna had enough of this ruse; it was making this harder than it had to be and now Kla thought he had the upper hand. Time to change that.

    While her Force blast might have made it obvious who or what she was, Liuna confirmed it by drawing and lighting both blades of her cyan lightsaber and following after the knocked-back Kla. His sonic blaster would still be dangerous, those blasts couldn't be parried, but she had half a mind to just cut the thing off.

    "I told you that was the only offer you were going to get," she threatened, approaching slowly. She kept her eyes on him but her senses open to Kla's reinforcements, hoping the others were taking advantage of her attack to take them out.

    TAG: Bardan_Jusik The Vanguard BookExogorth Coffee_Ninja

    OOC: Sorry Van, I know Koji tried to keep up their cover but Liuna always intended to draw her lightsaber if a fight broke out ;)
     
  23. Coffee_Ninja

    Coffee_Ninja Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk


    "I'll be keeping this, and your friend's bauble."



    Just the word bauble.....struck a cord in her. This bauble was all but that. Kasumi still felt the sudden silence, the voices that just became silent. Then she heard the shot that hit Taab, and heard the saber blades ignite. That's when she felt it.....something else calling to her. She had heard it before, she had listened to it before, but briefly. She would let it in, and do what needed to be done. She hated weapons dealers and their greed. They had hurt a member of their team. She took a moment to take a deep breath and close her eyes. Once she opened them again her very light blue eyes, flashed and if one looked closely they could see something like flames dancing in them.

    "Rare gifts do you have. One that careful you need to be. Show when needed only."
    "Yes Master."

    Master Yoda's words rang true. This line was one she didn't cross lightly. He eyes rested on the weapons dealer.

    "Bauble is the wrong word. And your taking a shot at our friend, is the last straw. I have another gift for you....one that will make the bauble seem like the option you should have taken."

    Kasumi tapped into her pain, her anger, her sadness, and made a Force net just strong enough to keep Kla from moving and then slowly started to release all the pain that she felt with the loss of everyone she had know into Kla...it was an attempt to tap into his own painful, debilitating memories, and use them against him.

    Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, The Vanguard, BookExogorth
     
  24. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 6

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    Eventide

    "Heart of Darkness, Professor Solo? You've found references to that phrase here? What does it mean?" I was keeping my focus on Isabella and her reaction to the phrase, relying on my peripheral vision to watch Solo's response. "Would you be interested in making this a joint venture? You may be better equipped for this kind of thing than we are, but we can supply you with some extra manpower or..." I glanced up at the towering durasteel monument of a war droid, "...muscle..."

    For a fully fledged Knight of the Guardians of Light, I felt kind of weak and powerless in the presence of Big X. I've known many old soldiers, but Big X seemed more like an eternal soldier. I hoped I'd have some time to find out his story before we parted ways.

    TAG: ConservativeJedi321
     
  25. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

    Semajj quickly checked the water canister at his waist to be sure there was enough left for the trip ahead of him, it was still three fourths full, it seems the Ongree had been too caught up in their exploration to empty it in a timely way. He took a quick sip before turning back too Reese. "I have all that I require, best we move out swiftly." he spoke, trying to hide the concern he had for whatever was ahead of them. There was just something about all of this he didn't like.

    Sarge, Bardan_Jusik