main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik , Mar 10, 2017.

  1. Rebecca_Daniels

    Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk


    Ten years was a long time for a lightsaber to be missing. Liuna reached back to run her fingers down her dualsaber, feeling the shape of the metal hilt even through her gloves; this lightsaber wasn't even ten years old. She had still been a Padawan back then, working on her first single-hilted lightsaber, under the careful and secretive watch of the new Jedi Order. Things were different now, she'd replaced one blade with two, she no longer operated in secrecy out of fear of Sith discovery, instead using it as a tool to gain an advantage.

    Kasumi seemed more welcoming to the new one-- Edo. Liuna shrugged slightly to herself, and took stock of what remained. If Kashyyyk's cities weren't built mostly on wood she'd suggest burning the place to destroy any remaining evidence, but the risk of the fire spreading was too great. Destroying the weapons with their lightsabers would be effective, but give away their involvement more than they already had. Perhaps make it look like an accident, set off a low-yield detonator to contain the damage.

    While scanning for something useful, two shots in the now-quiet space nearly brought her lightsaber out once more. Her eyes followed Taab's blaster to the remains of Kla's head, and nodded once. "If anyone sees a detonator, we should blow this place before we leave. It's unlikely anyone will piece together what happened, but I'd rather not risk the--" Liuna cut herself off before she said Guardians of Light out loud, suddenly glancing about the room, higher up than her previous search. Holocams were easy to hide, and she was used to relying on Jinx, her astromech, to detect anything technological. "And keep an eye out for holocams while you're at it. No witnesses, no records, no evidence."

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @BookExogorth @Coffee_Ninja @The Vanguard
     
  2. The Vanguard

    The Vanguard Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Ugem'Bivi, Koji Vansyph
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk

    Bivi kept her eye on the exits as Liuna and the others interviewed Mr. Kla. She didn't want to be caught off guard like that day in the Temple hangar when those...things attacked them. She'll never forget that. The darkness that emanated from those creatures, the unbridled hatred she felt firsthand of the dark side. Bivi's skin crawled at the memory.

    "I am Edo Vilsa, and I wish to be trained in the force by you, to be succinct."

    Koji stepped away from the arms dealer, Liuna also turned her attention elsewhere, presumably to the Miraluka tagalong. This was Taab's friend, he should be the one to deal with him. Not to mention Master Kasumi would be able to help read the man and sniff out any deceit.


    "I spoke out of turn again, didn't I?" Bivi asked the Lorrdian as he approached her, feeling a sense of failure creep up inside.


    "Why do you suppose that?"


    "It wasn't part of the plan. I should have consulted you first."


    Koji placed his hand on the Twi'lek padawan's shoulder, "Be mindful of your feelings, you cling to the past of your people when you should let yourself be free in the Force."


    Bivi looked at her feet, knowing exactly what he was talking about. "Don't dwell on this now, it's time to plan our next move. Are you with us?"


    Looking up again with a face of determination, Bivi answered, "I wouldn't miss -"


    *ZEW ZEW* two blaster bolts zipped through the air behind them, cutting Bivi off mid sentence. The two Jedi quickly turned to see the commotion.


    "No witnesses," the Commander said with steel in his veins.


    Bivi looked at the crumpled body that was the arms dealer. I hope the Commander never calls me his friend if this is how they end up, she thought to herself.


    "If anyone sees a detonator, we should blow this place before we leave. It's unlikely anyone will piece together what happened, but I'd rather not risk the--" Liuna appeared to stop herself, perhaps to clear her throat.


    "And keep an eye out for holocams while you're at it. No witnesses, no records, no evidence."


    "Good idea." Koji replied. "Bivi, check the footlockers opposite the entrance, I'll check the furniture."

    TAG:
    @Bardan_Jusik @Coffee_Ninja @Rebecca_Daniels @BookExogorth
     
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  3. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update


    IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    About to die...Eventide


    "We're fine. Nobody is dying today! Just wait there, we'll handle this!" Knight Nosrep said with confidence lowering Knight Reese to the ground gently as the ceiling continued to drop down towards them. Professor Solo didn't look entirely convinced but at least he snapped back to reality as the Ongree Jedi took charge of the situation. "Isabella, come here and maintain pressure." The padawan did as she was told, she was scared, the Jedi could sense that, but being given something to do focused her resolve.

    Solo meanwhile was doing his best to avoid being pierced by any of the spikes protruding from the floor or ceiling while also avoiding Knight Bonaventure's lightsaber. That wasn't easy, at least not at first, but soon enough the Jedi had cleared out a safe zone for them all, safe at least until the floor and ceiling would meet in a few minutes. "One thing's for sure, " Solo deadpanned as he forced himself to crouch down along with the others to avoid hitting his head on the incoming stone ceiling. "We're all going to be a lot thinner."



    But the Jedi weren't done. Sensing what had sprung the trap, Knight Bonaventure drove his lightsaber deep into the mechanism, causing to to sieze up and stop. The distance between the floor and ceiling was now just over a meter and a half, but it's advance had been halted. Solo meanwhile had moved to the entrance of the corridor, calling out to Reggie and Big X. "There must be something on that side that will open the doors again." The pair began to loom for it as he turned his attention to Knight Nosrep, Isabella and her master. A tourniquet had been tied around his leg and the Ongree seemed deep in concentration. He had never seen a Jedi use the force to try to heal another, but he assumed that was what was going on. A few moments later Reese's eyelids began to flutter before finally staying open for good. He started to stand but quickly lay back down, his eyes meeting those of Nosrep and Isabella. "Thank you..." he sounded tired, worn out. "I feel terrible." Isabella looked concerned, "but alive," he finished with a short laugh.

    The doorways at either end of the corridor slid open slowly as Big X and Reggie finally found what they were looking for. "Now...shall we press on?" Isabella's demeanor changed from one of worry to one of anticipation, and Solo too looked determined to press on. Even still the professor cared enough to inquire. "Are you sure you can move?" Another scream from down the corridor punctuated his question. "Given the choice of staying here," Knight Reese eyed the ceiling, now slowly moving back to where it should be, high above them, "or going with you, I'd take going with you." He started again to get to his feet, and though he managed he needed the help of the others. "If need be I'll simply lean on Big X here for support." He gave a low laugh though it was clear her was still in pain. Nosrep may have purged his system of the toxins, but his foot had still been skewered. Looking to the other Jedi, and noting padawan Isabella's enthusiasm Solo led them onward, through the corridor.

    It soon opened up onto a balcony overlooking a huge chamber that seemed to glow red from below. Of to either side of the balcony were well worn staircases leading downward. The screams grew louder, and now the Jedi could again hear what they initially thought was the whispers, though they soon became more than that. Murmurs from below, chanting that could be hard by them all. Reese actually breathed a sigh of relief that it hadn't been the return of the infernal whispers but were instead something from the natural rather the supernatural world. But what was making the sounds?

    Slowly and quietly moving to the edge of the balcony Reese was greeted by a terrifying sight.

    [​IMG]

    The chamber below them was split by a huge, presumably lava filled, chasm. Directly below them, on their knees chanting were scores of the same creatures that had come back with Knight Al'kesh and attacked the Temple of Light. They hadn't noticed the interlopers up on the balcony, so engrossed were they with their chanting, and with what was happening on the other side of the lava filled chasm in front of them. There a shrine of some sort had been constructed, within which lay a glowing pyramidal object slightly larger than a man's fist. "A holocron," Solo whispered to himself with a gleam in his eye. "A sith holocron," Reese clarified with worry.

    The holocron wasn't alone. Several other beings also occupied the shrine side of the chasm. All but one was the same sort of creature as those chanting on the opposite side of the room. That one seemed human from a distance, though it was hard to be sure. He was adorned with the bones and skin of a multitude of beings, including the decaying head tails of a Togruta on his head. He seemed to be leading the creatures in their chanting, which seemed to quicken in pace as the scream sounds from behind the shrine grew louder and louder. "Oh, I don't like the look of this..." Reese whispered quietly through gritted teeth wondering how this situation could get any worse.

    But get worse it did, soon the source of the screams could be seen as a young human boy was brought out by a quartet of the creatures, screaming and crying, blubbering something that the Jedi were too far away to make out. His fear, his fear though nearly overwhelmed them all. He was terrified beyond belief as a cage was lowered from the ceiling of the Temple. Suspended by a pair of heavy duty chains it was large enough to hold a single being standing upright and as soon as it was in place before the boy, the human with the Togruta head tails slowly locked him in with a set of manacles, all the while chanting louder and louder though the Jedi couldn't make out what was being said. Save for padawan Isabella. She looked enthralled with what was going on, and began to sway from side to side, and began to chant along with the creatures. "A beating Heart requires blood, blood requires sacrifice. A beating Heart requires blood, blood requires sacrifice. A beating Heart requires blood, blood requires sacrifice..."

    TAG: @Sarge, @ConservativeJedi321

    OOC: Still garnering my inspriration from Temple of Doom obviously. :p

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Junk n' Stuff, Port Pixelito, Malastare


    Master Rand looked on concealing his concern at the options Knight Sodi presented them with. Would the Jedi be capable of putting together either of the two craft he had presented to them? If they could, would he be willing to risk one of their lives actually piloting said pod? He shook his head almost imperceptibly in answer to his own unspoken question. The problem was, he didn't much care for the options given to them by Mr. Daheap either, and it seemed Sodi shared that sentiment. Well, the Kage Jedi had volunteered to be their pilot here, Rand would have to trust his judgement.

    "We'll treat the second option Mr. Daheap here showed us as a fallback," he gestured to the Crolute who responded with a wet sounding sigh. "In the meantime I say we start on one of the two the Kage has shown us...though I'm far from a technical expert so I'll let my fellows here decide which one once we get a better look at what we have to work with." Daheap shrugged, and the Jedi could sense it made little difference to him. "There are workshops located throughout the yard that you can use, but make sure you don't take any tools with you." He seemed to puff himself up. "I know every piece of trash and tech in this junkyard," he boasted before threatening them, "and if a single piece is missing when you're done building..."

    "It won't be." Master Decinchi spoke for what seemed like the first time in a long time assuaging the junk dealer's concerns. "Well then...with that, let's get started shall we?" Rand interjected as the other Jedi took their leave of Daheap before making their way to the nearest workshop.


    TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @galactic-vagabond422, @Master Vo'Un'Var

    OOC: Feel free to begin (and even finish depending on on far you want to post) construction of either pod Mitthy's character presented us with.

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk


    "If anyone sees a detonator, we should blow this place before we leave." Taab returned the Ghost's (Knight Liuna Iotasi) nod with one of his own at her suggestion. "It's unlikely anyone will piece together what happened, but I'd rather not risk the--" He cocked his head to the side as she looked up and around them. He wondered briefly if she sensed something that he naturally could not, but she kept going. "And keep an eye out for holocams while you're at it. No witnesses, no records, no evidence." He liked the way she thought. So...practical.

    "Good idea." The Mimic (Knight Koji) replied. "Bivi, check the footlockers opposite the entrance, I'll check the furniture." The group spent the next few minutes searching the small office, or what passed for an office and though they found a plethora of weaponry, including a substantial amount of explosives, there was no holo cam to be found anywhere. "I don't think he wanted his transactions recorded, even by himself," Taab shrugged. At least that was one issue solved without issue. Now for the second.

    With the help of the Jedi, Taab spent the next few minutes daisy chaining several thermal detonators together. When they went off they would take most of the building with them. Taking a few moments to admire his handywork Taab sighed. "OK, that should do the trick, everybody out." And with that he activated the first detonator and hurried out of the blast zone.

    TAG: @The Vanguard, @Coffee_Ninja, @Rebecca_Daniels, @BookExogorth

    OOC: Feel free to fill in the blanks here on how your character's searched and or helped Taab with the explosives. Oh and as an aside, the Jedi would have been able to feel that the building wass in fact unoccupied when the detonators went off. :p

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Adalia Itera/Sjurd Itera (NPCs)
    Clan Itera stronghold, Northern wildlands, Mandalore


    "I feel strange. Wearing this armor feels heavier." Cora paused and her mother understood it wasn't the mass of the beskar that her daughter was referring to. "But it doesn't feel wrong. I feel like I was made for this armor. But all I've learned about my heritage was in books and my file at the Temple. I don't really know what I'm doing." Adalia's stern countenance faltered for a moment as her features softened. "I want you to know that even if you dislike having a Jedi for a daughter. You gave me my best chance."

    Adalia brought her chin down to her chest as she breathed in deeply. "And you must know, that no matter where you are you always have a home here with your clan." She raised her head and met her daughter's eyes. "You may be a jetii, but you are mando'ade first and foremost, and so long as you maintain a life of honor, you always will be." She hugged her daughter, one last time. "Your journey here is done, you should go back to your Temple," she whispered into Cora's ears with tears in her own eyes. She pushed away from her daughter as her father came back into the room. "Your place is there," he said taking his wife's hand. "It always has been."

    Adalia's head snapped towards her husband, and Cora would have clearly been able to sense her sadness and confusion now at the statement. In response Sjurd gave a solemn nod, one that Cora's mother repeated back to him before speaking in a low voice. "When you came back, it made me afraid that I had made a terrible mistake...pushing for you to be handed over to the Jedi." The tears began to flow form her eyes. "But I know now, it was the right thing to do." Cora's father nodded along with her statement. "It was I that...resisted, I felt that your place was here, with your family, your clan, your House." He looked sheepishly at his daughter. "But I relented to your mother's wishes, and not a day has gone by that I didn't regret that decision." There was a new sense from him now, one of pride. "But I am glad to see that I was wrong. I am proud of you Cor'ika (Little Cora), more proud than you can ever know." He too reached out and embraced his daughter now.

    "Ret'urcye mhi," they said together as they pair let their daughter go...

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Master Noma Runa (NPC--GM restricted use only)
    Tactical Combat Center (TCC), Temple of Light, Saridona Prime


    It was not customary any longer for a Jedi to oversee the Tactical Combat Center located deep within the Temple of Light. Oh in past years, with dwindling numbers of qualified personnel it had been necessary, but now with the growth of the Temple Security Forces to oversee the day to day operations of the Temple, it simply wasn't required. So it was that the presence of a pair of Jedi here one of them a master, a master on the Council even, was a unique event. One that he could feel was making the SF troopers manning the consoles more than a little nervous. He glanced to the other Jedi present, a twi'lek padawan by the name of Atela Blen with a look of sorrow in his eyes.

    The Mon Cal Master wished that weren't so, his presence here was due to the unusal circumstances the Guardians of Light currently faced. The Temple had been attacked, one of their own corrupted and now four teams were away, trying to find out the cause behind it all. None of them had contacted the Temple since their arrival at their various points of interest, though Nuna was here, as the Guardian's battlemaster and representatiuve of the Council if they did. He tried sending out soothing waves through the force to calm their nerves.

    He was struck suddenly, by the sense of a familiar presence a moment before the human officer manning the sensor station alerted him. "Master...Jedi," she seemed like she didn't quite know how to address Runa, which put a smile on his Mon Cal features. "A vessel just dropped out of hyperspace midway through the system." Her demeanor was more professional now. "One of our teams?" Runa asked, wondering if that was what led to the sense of familiarity he had just felt.

    "I don't think so sir," The Jedi arched what passed for an eyebrow. "It's not one of our craft, it's an old light freighter." She paused for a moment as she read off the data scrolling across her screen. "VCX-100 type." It was clear the sensor officer wasn't familiar with the type, but the old battlemaster was. Still, it wasn't a vessel the Guardians were currently using. Perhaps one of the off world groups had been forced to find alternate means of transportation.

    "Hail them..."


    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:



    IC: Knight Grersk Duy'leh (NPC)
    Aboard the Vatra, en route to Saridona Prime


    The Bothan Jedi sat cross legged, his eyes closed in the lounge of the old VCX-100 light freighter as he tried to meditate. His mission to Coruscant had been a successful one by some measure, though not as successful as he would have liked. His partial success, or rather his discovery of a previous failure, would neccesitate a return trip sooner rather than later, but that was an issue for the Council to decide. For now all he could do was wait, and meditate. His eyes fluttered open, they were close, his meditations were over for the moment.

    The Knight stood and stretched, taking in his surroundings. He had been dropped off by one the the Temple shuttles for the duration of his assignment, knowing full well that in order to rerun he would have to appropriate other transport, or more mundanely, simply signal for a pickup. Instead though he had been offered a wonderful opportunity, for himself and the Guardians, hence his presence here on this old cargo vessel, the master of which mitigated the failure of his mission and turned it around into something to be celebrated. While on Coruscant he had determined that the owner/operator of the Vatra had been a force adept, and he had gone about convincing her to return to the Temple of Light with him to complete her training. He sensed that she was still reluctant, this Rosana Zorbo, but he felt that being among Jedi would give her the final nudge she needed to continue down her path towards the light. He doubted he would be there to see it though as he still had work to complete back on Coruscant.

    He felt the ship shift slightly beneath his feet as it reverted back to normal space, whether automatically or as a result of the pilot's actions he knew not, and moved forward to the cockpit. the stars outside the transparisteel windscreen were unfamilair to him, but that didn't bother him. He never spent enough time here to get used tho these stars, though he could feel they were in the right place.

    He regarded the female human he had recruited to come back with him as the comm system came alive. "Unidentified freighter," it was a human female's voice. "Identify yourself and state your intentions."

    TAG: @SkywalkerShine, @Asajj Ventress

    OOC: Welcome to the game both SkywalkerShine and Asajj Ventress. We'll start out slow with you both but will work to get the Vatra landed as soon as we can so the two of you can interact a bit before other Jedi start arriving back at the Temple. Any questions feel free to ask me via PM.
     
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  4. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora
    Clan Itera Stronghold, Northern Wildlands, Mandalore

    Cora nearly laughed at the word. Mando'ade. Instead the noise that came out of her throat was a strangled, soft sob as her mother hugged her. I still don't think I'm much of a Mandalorian. Cora hugged her mother back. But it's nice mother thinks so.

    When the hug broke apart Cora smiled slightly. "We'll see each other again." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a small pocket communicator. She showed it to her parents. "If you need me, let me know. We're not really supposed to form attachments." Cora admitted with a shrug. "But my Master's that are Mandalorian know that Clan's are a little different." She pocketed it again after telling them her communication number. She hesitated for a moment before her father hugged her. She couldn't really see her mother's expression over her father's broad shoulders, but when she stepped away Cora gave them a small grin and a two fingered salute before she reached the door. And then she was back out into the snow.

    Cora didn't say much when she walked back into their ship, instead sitting heavily in the common area. She put her hands on her closed firsts, staring at the speckled wall. I feel different. I wonder if going back to the Temple is the right decision right now? Cora shook her head. Of course it was. Plus, Cora thought with a small smile, I'll get to see Master Koji again, and finally catch up on my reading in the library.

    As she leaned back Cora let herself lay down on the couch and fell into a restless sleep filled with memories of people she knew and didn't. When Cora finally awoke she was on the ground, her mind filled with her mother's tear filled eyes as an unknown Jedi pulled Cora by the hand. Sitting up, Cora gripped the edge of the couch. I've never had that dream before.

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker
     
  5. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    Combo with Sarge
    IC: Semajj Nosrep, and Peregrine Bonaventure
    Eventide


    "Careful" The Ongree said as Reese attempted to rise to his feet. "The poison may not be completely gone. And if..." he paused, briefly questioning if he could even accurately call the rough contraption a tourniquet. "this gets too loose, there is no telling what may happen."
    Ideally they should retreat, try and get Reese back to the Temple of Light, back to a real healer.
    But he doubted his friend would be so easily convinced.

    The Proffesor hesitantly concurred. "Are you sure you can move?"
    The human was not to be halted however. "Given the choice of staying here, or going with you, I'd take going with you."
    Semajj nodded, reluctantly choosing not to press the issue any further, as his fellow Jedi leaned on the droid and hobbled forward.

    They shortly came upon a balcony, and the first item that drew Semajj's eye was the pyramid in the center of the room below. A Sith Holocron by all appearances. A dangerous tool, containing dark side knowledge. Though his better instincts prevented him from immediately trying to retrieve it. They had already fallen into one trap, best not to cause another calamity immediately.

    Only a moment later, Semajj registered the chanting from below. With that, he glanced around seeing the grotesque creatures that had attacked them at the temple. And the sacrifice they were preparing.
    We can't very well let that happen. He thought wryly, with a brief glance at Sarge.

    But he doubted there was much they could do without drawing attention their way.
    "I suggest you begin your Retreat now. "
    He spoke in a hushed tone, calling back to his allies, hoping they would get the message.

    "And please take Reese with you. We'll handle this." He specified their injured companion, who he feared might not make it in a prolonged fight, should it come down to it.

    Sarge edged over toward Big X and whispered to the imposing droid in a tone not likely to be overheard by Isabella, who seemed lost in her chanting. "Do me a favor and be ready to grab the girl and drag her out of here. She's not herself right now." Then to Semajj, "I'm not much at TK, but I'll help as much as I can. Let's hope that cage is lighter than it looks."

    His madu activated, shield and both blades, and he sent it spinning across the cavern, chopping at the chain that held the cage and the boy over the chasm of lava. Somehow the boy's screams sounded even more panicked and terrified as the cage dropped. The madu deactivated, shot downward past the cage, and slammed up into the bars, pushing it up, desperately trying to heave it all the way to the Jedi on the balcony.
    In contrast Semajj maintained a calm exterior, reaching both arms out, palms up, with deep breaths as he bade the boy forward.
    He appeared every bit the councilor he was as he worked to save the innocent.
    The Ongree could call his lightsaber to his hand at a moments notice if he had to. But he hoped he wouldn't.
    They had to act fast, by all logic and reason the audience should be briefly stunned that their captive is now free. They had to capitalize on that. Semajj doubted it would last long, and they had to start running the moment the boy reached their balcony.
    May the Force be with us he prayed silently.

    The cage clattered onto the balcony as Sarge lit up his saber and carved it open, deftly slicing away the chains that held the boy. "Remember how the second part of the plan goes? Everybody run!"

    @Bardan_Jusik
     
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  6. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Junk n' Stuff, Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Rak was quite pleased with himself at the deal, with a little counter offer, being accepted by the junk dealer. The knight sat back looking at the pods presented to him. He was no engineer and had little knowledge of high performance machines. Most of his skill came from working on the Vagabond, an outdated, sluggish transport, a far cry from the highly tuned and complicated racers.

    Rak smiled and put his hands in his pockets. He'd be the first to admit that he had a penchant for borrowing...for an indefinite amount of time. Normally he wouldn't 'borrow' from junkyard but, now that the man put the thought in his head...it would take all of his training not to let his fingers wander.

    As they walked towards the exit out into the yard Rak looked at his hand, in it was a tool, a hydrospanner. He knew how it got there, an old habit of his, to call an object to his hand without thinking about it. Comes in handy when facing other force users, especially ones that are good at probing minds. It was also terrible for his light fingered nature. He could not count the times he'd walked away from a place only to find an item from it in his hand.

    Subtly with the force he returned it to the table and began to help the others put together the junk pod. It would not be pretty it would not be the sleek lines of Erso's craft but, if Shadi was right, they would give it a run for its credits.

    It come together quickly, with the help of several Jedi and someone that knew what they were doing. It was more or less ready to go Rak just had one question.

    "So, who's going to fly this thing?"

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Mitth_Fisto @Master Vo'Un'Var
     
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  7. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

    IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    The Sacrifice...Eventide



    "I suggest you begin your Retreat now." Solo was as startled by the tone of Knight Nosrep's command as he was by the words he was saying. There was a finality in his voice, a command that Solo felt compelled to follow. He wondered for a moment if this was the infamous Jedi mind trick, but for some reason he doubted it. If it were, he wouldn't be questioning it. No, this was just an order from a very self assured and confident man. Even so, Solo wanted to help with whatever they were planning.

    "And please take Reese with you. We'll handle this." He specified their injured companion and Solo understood what his part now would be. Someone would have to look after the injured Jedi, and Solo could do that. With a nod, he moved to Knight Reese and the Jedi put his arm's on the professor's shoulders, allowing for Solo to take his weight. He next looked for Reggie, but he was already rushing down the corridor they had come through, wanting to put as much distance between himself and the sacrifice going on below. Solo and Reese started to slowly follow after him.

    Meanwhile, Knight Bonaventure had edged over toward Big X and whispered to the imposing droid in a tone not likely to be overheard by Isabella, who seemed lost in her chanting. "Do me a favor and be ready to grab the girl and drag her out of here. She's not herself right now." The droid gave what could pass for a nod as it sidled over closer to the girl who had dropped to her knees and was swaying back and forth in rhythm with her chanting.

    "I'm not much at TK, but I'll help as much as I can. Let's hope that cage is lighter than it looks." The Jedi said as the droid watched him spring into action, first throwing his now activated melee weapon towards the cage, causing the boy suspended over the boiling lava filled chasm to scream even louder in panic. The human in charge seemed stunned, though not as stunned as the beings across the chasm who had stopped their swaying and chanting and were "looking" on in confusion. Big-X noted that padawan Isabella too had stopped her chanting and swaying before she collapsed softly to the ground. The hulking droid bent low to pick her up and threw her over his massive shoulders, by the time he had straightened up, the cage in which the boy had been held was on the balcony with the Jedi slicing open his chains with their laser swords. It didn't take long for the droid to compute what had happened, they had used the force to rescue the boy.

    "Remember how the second part of the plan goes? Everybody run!" With the unconscious form of padawan Isabella still draped across his shoulders Big-X did just that now, as fast as his old but well refurbished servos allowed. Behind him was Knight Nosrep who was leading the boy, clad in a well scorched white garment, while Knight Bonaventure took up a rear guard position, protecting them from anyone that might follow. Well behind, the sounds of screeching and growling rose up from the side of the chasm under the balcony that had been host to the throngs of creatures. Their shock had worn off, they would be coming now. Luckily the way out would be as simple as the way in was, or so Big X thought.

    He thudded to a sudden halt, nearly bumping into Professor Solo and Knight Reese. Solo and Reggie were staring at the wall in front of them, the wall that was where the corridor should be. Instead of a straight corridor though, they were in a t-intersection, with corridors going off to their left and their right. "Must've made a wrong turn..." Reggie the Lasat grumbled under his breath. "No," Solo shook his head. There were no turns to make. "We should be going straight but..." he rapped his knuckles against the hard stone wall in front of him. It sounded like solid rock. "The professor is right, the way out should be through there," Big X pointed at the wall in front of them. "I have been mapping our progress, and this passageway was significantly different just a few minutes ago." The droid sounded perplexed, saddened even, that it's mapping protocols seemed to have been for naught. "Instead of an open passage ahead I am sensing a solid stone wall, at least three meters thick in front of us." The droid looked to the Jedi Nosrep and Bonaventure, wondering where they would run to now.

    "What is going on? What way do we go?" Reggie screamed loudly, his voice echoing through the halls as he grabbed the rescued boy by the shoulders and shook him like a rag doll. The boy had no answer, and Big X deduced that he was still in a state of shock over recent events. From down the dark corridor to their left now snarls and growling could be heard, coming closer and closer.

    "OK, I think we need to head that way," Knight Reese opined pointing in the opposite direction, down the corridor to their right, which glowed with a soft red light that seemed to reflect off it's walls. Just then, the whispers returned. Whispers that only the Jedi could hear. The whispers called to them, urging them to follow the path Reese had indicated...

    TAG: @Sarge, @ConservativeJedi321


    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Junk n' Stuff, Port Pixelito, Malastare


    The pod came together quickly, and for Master Rand it was a lesson in just how widely varied the skills of the various Jedi could be. He was not a skilled engineer, or even a tinkerer, but under the guidance of of the others he was able to help in assembling the craft, though it was Knights Avarray and Sodi that did the bulk of the heavy lifting so to speak. When they had finished the Jedi master took a step back to admire their handiwork. It appeared more or less just as Sodi had planned out for them, with a few alterations as pieces either fit together slightly differently than expected or different solutions found to problems that presented themselves. It was no where near as sleek or classy as the pods they would be up against, but with a skilled Jedi at the controls, it wouldn't have to be.

    "So, who's going to fly this thing?"

    Yes that was the question wasn't it? Knight Sodi had expressed that he would be able to, though the Jedi master wasn't at all sure if he had actually volunteered to do such a thing. Especially now after seeing it built. Rand looked at the others carefully before shaking his head. "Certainly not I," he finally spoke. "Any of you would be a more accomplished pilot than myself." It looked as though Knight Troi was about to volunteer but a nudge in the Force told Master Rand that it wasn't a part of his destiny. The same went for another. "And we'll need Troi and Master Decinchi with me to help apprehend this Erso once the race is over." That meant it came down to Kinght Sodi, Knight Avarray or padawan Vunn, and one of them was right out. Rand turned to the human. "Sorry padawan, I don't want to risk you out there unnecessarily..." He looked to Knight's Avarray and Sodi now. "So that means it's between the two of you." He rubbed his chin deep in thought, looking for answers in the force, but there didn't seem to be a clear choice. It was then that Knight Troi spoke up.

    "Why not both of them?" Rand raised an eyebrow. "We could add another seat easily enough, and that way one of them can fly while the other coaxing all he can out of these old engines and controls the weapons." He sounded so matter of fact, with just a hint of pride in himself that it didn't register on Rand just what he had said for a few moments. "Wait, did you say weapons?"

    Troi smiled. "It's a pod race, there are bound to be hidden weapons on the other pods, and I am a Mandalorian remember?" Rand shook his head slightly in amusement, and a bit of disbelief. "Of course I added a few weapons." He pointed out their hidden locations on the pod, the first faced forward. "Flame projector, be careful it only has a two second fuel reserve." Now he pointed at the rear of the craft. "Spare parts container, but you can eject it and FOD the engines of the pod behind you." He splayed out his hands demonstrating how the "tools" in the container would spread out and be ingested by a pod following close behind causing it to seize up and die.

    "Well then," Rand looked back at the pair of Knights. "Looks like it will be on the both of you then. If you're willing of course."

    TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @galactic-vagabond422, @Master Vo'Un'Var


    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:


    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Smuggler's Den, Kachirho, Kashyyyk


    Led by Taab while the Ghost (Knight Iotasi) took up her standard position at the rear, the Jedi swiftly made their way through the back road and alleys of the Smuggler's Den. It was dark out now, the sun having set, and the Den was even more dangerous then when they had arrived, so the Mandalorian was glad to have the experienced assassin watching their backs. As Taab navigated, she would make sure the group's safety. Meanwhile, the Old Fossil (Master Kasumi) and the Mimic (Knight Vansyph) could keep an eye on the Tagalong (Edo Vilsa). It seemed the Jedi had come to the conclusion that she was to go with them, to be trained as a new recruit, either as a padawan or in one of the GoL's service divisions. That meant she could potentially be under his command one day, but Taab didn't spend time thinking about that. It was up to the Council to decide.

    There was a bright flash behind them, followed by a loud roar as the ground rumbled beneath their feet, that caused them, and everyone else, in the Den, to stop what they were doing at stare in the direction that Kla's warehouse had once been. "I may have overdone it," Taab said sardonically under his breath so none but the Jedi nearest him could hear before waving the Jedi on, back towards the spaceport. The sky behind them glowed a dull red now, that might be an issue. The local authorities had a hands off policy when it came to then Den, but not when it came to fire. Everyone on Kashyyk took fire seriously, no matter the locale. Already from out in front of them Taab could see two specks flying low to the ground that resolved themselves into a pair of water cannon equipped Wookiee gunships. They were old, ancient even, but one didn't require state of the art when it came to hitting a blaze with flame retardant.

    The gunships zoomed overhead, headed towards the fire intent on stopping it before it could spread as the Jedi made their way into the Kachirho market proper. It was late, and most of the shops were closed. The few people on the streets, mostly Wookiees, were standing still watching the red on the horizon that rose over Smuggler's Den. Now safely away from the Den, Taab huddled the group of Jedi together to decide their next move. Though it seemed as though they had recruited a new member, it hand;t been decided how she would get to the Temple. "So is she coming with us," he pointed to the Tagalong, "or is she taking her own ship?"
    TAG: @The Vanguard, @Rebecca_Daniels, @Coffee_Ninja, @BookExogorth

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Padawan Bovie (NPCs)
    Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light freighter, en route to Saridona Prime


    The Gran padawan leaned back in the co-pilot's chair and shared a look with Knight Skywalker as she watched over the instrument panel from the pilot's chair of the old Corellian freighter. They'd departed Mandalore some time ago, as soon as Knight Cora had returned and let them know that their time here was done. Bovie hadn't said it, but he was pleased that they would be leaving this cursed place. The whole planet felt...strange in the force to the padawan who far preferred a calm sense of serenity to the aggressive nature of the collective Mandalorian psyche. At least they had not been harassed while leaving the planet as they had been upon their arrival.

    "I need to stretch my legs," he said suppressing a yawn as he slowly stood. The female Skywalker curled her lips in a slight smile as she waved him away. More or less dismissed he moved back towards the lounge area of their ship. He knew Knight Cora had staked a place on the sofa there, and had promptly fallen asleep even as Knight Skywalker was going through her pre-flight checklist and now as he sauntered into the lounge he could see that she was just waking up, a somewhat perplexed look on her face. "You OK?" he asked, knowing she had just been through an emotional time with her family, though not knowing any of the specifics. He saw Knight Aldor, who had been seated near the gaming table in the lounge was also looking on Cora with curiosity. Padawan Bovie couldn't blame him, she had come back wearing a unique set of armor, Mandalorian armor she had forged herself had been Bovie's assumption. It had made her look more martial, militaristic even, befitting the world they had just left behind. He wasn't sure how much it fit into her role as a Jedi, but that wasn't for a mere padawan to judge.

    He looked at Knight Cora again, who was still wiping away the sleep from her eyes. "We're en route back to the Temple, is there something you needed to talk about before we get there?"

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence, @vncredleader

    OOC: To the folks I didn't tag here, just move forward from my last tag to you.
     
  8. SkywalkerShine

    SkywalkerShine Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Rosana Zorbo
    Aboard the Vatra, en route to Saridona Prime

    This was not suppose to happen. None of it. She thought she could leave the Jedi Order forever and live a life of her own. Being a smuggler and having her own adventures were all that a girl could wish for. There were no rules that she was bound to either. But you know what they say: The past always catches up to you.

    Rosana Zorbo was in her cockpit flying her light freighter, the Vatra. Her mind was wrapped on how an old, Bothan Jedi could persuade her into completing her training. But she had other plans up her sleeves. Rosana wanted to find a way to leave the Jedi Order again. She didn't belong there. Not anymore. She failed to save someone she cared for and had a fear of falling towards the dark side. So the young woman decided to turn her back on the Jedi and live her life...

    The Vatra automatically went into normal space. This made Rosana snap back into reality from her thoughts. Zekk, her Tessellated Arboreal binjinphant, jumped on her right shoulder curiously. She grinned at her little friend. "Hey you. Where've you been hiding?" Zekk licked her cheek once, which made the young woman feel better.

    Sensing that the Bothan Jedi Master, Grersk Duy'leh, was making his way to the cockpit, Rosana sighed softly. Whatever he and other Jedi had planned for her, she was going to make sure that she was gone from the Temple. She just wanted to be left alone in the galaxy.

    Upon hearing a voice on the comm system ask her questions, Rosana returned the call. "I'm Rosana Zorbo of the Vatra. I have someone on board that you might know?" She was a bit nervous about this, seeing that she didn't want to get shot at. Not with her and the Jedi Master here. So much for relaxing at the club on Coruscant...

    TAG:
    @Bardan_Jusik and @Asajj Ventress
     
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  9. Mitth_Fisto

    Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

    Registered:
    Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi
    Junk n' Stuff, Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Letting what the Master's and others speak Knight Sodi had to just breath for a moment before nodding at the final suggestion that put forward. "Alright. Two by Two. A little unorthodox. Most try to limit weight by keeping only one pilot. . .Now we just have to hope the engines are a beast enough to compensate for the two of us and whatever, weapons, you have added."

    He couldn't help but grin at the last part. "Now the only thing is to either test the pod and try the course to qualify for the races. At least just enough to bump the last qualifier off the list. We don't want to warn Erso what's coming for him." Reaching up a hand he patted the side of the engine pod he was closest to. "How about one of you name her. Can't race without a name."

    TAG:mad:Bardan_Jusik, @galactic-vagabond422, @Master Vo'Un'Var
     
  10. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 6

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure
    Trouble at the Capital T

    "OK, I think we need to head that way," said Reese, indicating the corridor leading away from the snarling growls... and toward the disturbing whispers. I was more inclined to go the other way; I'd rather face a foe I could fight hand-to-hand than one that was trying to get into my head. But it's a Jedi's job to fight what others can't, so my preferences didn't amount to much.

    "I'll take rear guard. If the creatures catch up to us, I'll hold them back. Let's see how much ground we can cover before they're on top of us. Nobody is carrying any kind of land mine or grenade, by any chance? Now would be a good time to slow down the pursuit."
     
  11. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora, Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light freighter, en route to Saridona Prime

    Cora pulled herself up and leaned against the table after Padawan Bovie finished talking. Was she okay? Probably. But Cora felt drained, like she had just run a marathon. And that dream...I've don't even know who took me to the temple. My file never mentioned that.

    "My mother gave me away to the Jedi." Cora finally says, looking at Knight Aldor. "I think I just remembered being taken away in a dream." She sighed, shaking her head. "Do you think Master Koji would know more?" She asked him, before turning to Padawan Bovie with a smile, sensing his feelings about her armor. "I look different don't I?" She laughed to herself a little. "I don't even want to think about how other Mandalorians outside my family are going to react to this, let alone to the lightsaber hanging from my belt."

    Mother and Father seemed proud. I hope I can prove that I'm just as Mandalorian as they are.

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker
     
  12. vncredleader

    vncredleader Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Mar 28, 2016
    IC: Varian Aldor

    "I am sure master can tell you more. The temple keeps records on how it recruited each young, if I am not mistaken"

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence
     
  13. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora, Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light freighter, en route to Saridona Prime

    Cora nods, quiet. "Do you remember when you were taken to the Jedi Temple?" She asks, realising that she had never discussed this with Knight Aldor before despite the fact that they had trained as Padawans together.

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker
     
  14. vncredleader

    vncredleader Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Mar 28, 2016
    IC: Varian Aldor, aboard the Kessel Champion, en route to Sariona Prime

    Varian's posture becomes more rigid in his seat. "I..I was a teenager when I was brought to the temple by an Ithorian Jedi. I can't pronounce his name for the life of me though. I had helped him out on Corellia....." Varian's mind flickers upon thoughts of his brother, "I had no reason to stay there anymore, so I took up the Jedi path when it was offered."

    tag: @Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence
     
  15. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora, Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light freighter, en route to Saridona Prime

    Cora listens patiently, wondering just how hard hid life really was. But she didn't press him for answers. "That sounds hard." She paused for a moment, "Do you remember your parents?"

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker
     
  16. vncredleader

    vncredleader Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Mar 28, 2016
    IC: Varian Aldor, Kessel Champion

    Varian thought for a second, trying to recall what his brother had told him, "My mother used to be a Corsec agent apparently, at a certain point she gave up a lot of her favors in order to be transferred to the lower levels. Her and her partner had gotten brought to that area when working a case. They could not deal with the suffering of the Selonians i guess. My brother was 3 at the time, his dad, my mom's husband, died around that time. A few years later I was born to her and some smuggler who left without saying a word. She died in a firefight when i was less than a year old."

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence
     
  17. ConservativeJedi321

    ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide


    As a consular the Ongree's mental faculties were reasonably well honed, so as his companions indicated intent to follow a corridor with a spooky red glow, and more nefarious whispering it was not for his sake that he was worried, He first glanced to the unconscious Isabella, contemplating if this experience had done any damage to her psyche. In his mind an image flashed, of a hollowed out Devaronian, rambling senselessly. There was little doubt in his mind this world had broken Al'Kesh. He didn't want that to happen to the young Padawan as well.

    Semajj finally glanced back at where they just came from, wondering how many pursuers there were. They might be able to fight their way out. He didn't much enjoy such battles, but was a formidable warrior nonetheless. With Sarge by his side they surely could hold their own for some time.
    The Ongree shook his cranium. No, the danger would be to great. Without a large stock of weapons, such a course of action would be needlessly endangering their allies. They had already sustained injuries, any hope of avoiding causing more is without a doubt preferable.

    He took a step in towards the lights as Peregrine bade them forward. "The force is with us. We just need to trust in it's will, and we will emerge victorious."
    Hopefully Zurros Ka had contacted Saridona Prime by now. They needed all the help they could get.

    @Bardan_Jusik, @Sarge
     
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Bardan_Jusik and Sarge like this.
  18. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora, Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light freighter, en route to Saridona Prime

    "I'm sorry." Cora says quietly. "I can't even imagine-" She paused, hesitant. But the Jedi gave us both a purpose, a new sense of direction didn't it. Cora took a deep breath to steady herself. He had never told her any of this before. "Let us know if we can help with anything." She finally said, not knowing if his brother was still around. "Unfortunately your stuck with us Vode."

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker
     
  19. Rebecca_Daniels

    Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

    Registered:
    Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Kachirho Market, Kashyyyk


    There was a good selection of weapons here, she noted as she searched the room, what a waste to destroy them all. When would she even use them, though? Liuna had some blasters on her ship-- back on Saridona Prime, which was entirely unhelpful in their current situation-- and her lightsaber. She wasn't supposed to need anything else. A little reluctantly, she finished wiring up the detonators and followed Taab out. Good riddance.

    Liuna had good memories of Kashyyyk, of her Master's homeworld, but right now... right now she was more than glad to be leaving. Someday she'd return, take a long, hard look at the Smuggler's Den and rid these people of its corruption. And perhaps she'd drop down to the Shadowlands and see how much she'd improved since last time; a terentatek would make quite a trophy. Not that she had anywhere to place such a thing, or anyone who would appreciate the work; well, the Mandalorian might, but she could almost feel Master Gwornayrr's disapproval. She didn't know where the old Wookiee was any more, but she had a sense that he, at least, knew what she was up to. Or perhaps it was just a twinge of conscience personified; he had always been the one to drag her out of trouble before.

    Enough, Master. Either speak to me directly or leave me be. Her thoughts were met with silence, and Liuna sighed a bit to herself. Maybe she was giving him too much credit. Even Jedi Masters couldn't reach across the galaxy. Last time he'd just sent her a message, but her own had gone unanswered.

    "So is she coming with us," he pointed to the Tagalong, "or is she taking her own ship?"

    Liuna glanced between Edo and the others. If it was up to her, she'd bring Edo on their ship, in case things didn't work out; then the woman could be sent back here without coordinates to their secret temple. But she wasn't a Guardian, not really, and they did things differently sometimes.

    "I suppose it's better not to leave her ship here," she decided after a moment. "Slave her hyperdrive to ours and bring it in with us." She glanced at Edo, an eyebrow raised in question visible even underneath her raised hood. "That work for you?"

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @The Vanguard @Coffee_Ninja @BookExogorth
     
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  20. Bardan_Jusik

    Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update


    IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo (NPCs)
    Lost in the Temple...Eventide


    "I'll take rear guard." Knight Bonaventure said confidently. "If the creatures catch up to us, I'll hold them back. Let's see how much ground we can cover before they're on top of us. Nobody is carrying any kind of land mine or grenade, by any chance?" Professor Solo looked to Big X who even with padawan Isabella draped over his shoulders gave the droid equivalent of a shrug. "I left the excavating charges in the Falcon." Solo rolled his eyes while muttering under his breath. "Typical."

    Knight Nosrep took a step in towards the lights as Peregrine bade them forward. "The force is with us. We just need to trust in it's will, and we will emerge victorious." The Ongree Jedi then led them down the stone lined corridor. Behind them, the creatures now came into view snarling and growling as they brandished makeshift weapons, stone head axes and spears. It took Solo a moment to realize that the handles were formed from old blaster rifle stocks, A280's, DC15s, DLT-19s, though the blasters they were based on were clearly no longer active. "We need to get out of here," he urged though even as the creatures advanced, they never got within melee range, nor did they attack.

    Knight Reese saw the danger too, but for he and the other Jedi there was another threat to consider, one that Solo, Reggie and BiG X could not fathom. The farther down the red lit corridor they went, the louder, and more insistent the whispering that only the Jedi could hear became. It seemed to take on an almost exuberant tone as it bade them to come forward. Finally though, as they entered a small antechamber, it stopped, though the sight that greeted Reese shocked him so that at first he didn't realize it.

    The room they were in was on the other side from the alter they had seen before. In front of them the Sith holocron glowed in it's alcove, a dull reddish color, the light that had illuminated the tunnel. Surrounding the holocron's alcove were a series of glyphs in various pictograms depiciing the holocron, worshipers and sacrifices and death. Behind the Jedi, the creatures stopped their advance as the Jedi poured into the chamber, blocking their escape that way, though once again they drew no closer. Opposite from the Jedi was another way out of the chamber, an open doorway which led to another winding passageway, so at least they weren't trapped. Screams, human screams, could be heard coming through the tunnel from that direction.

    None of these sights are what had shocked Knight Reese to his core however. That was something else, rather someone's else. For in the room, prostrate and bowing towards the Sith Holocron as if worshiping it, were the forms of Master Kraahn, along with Knights Ka and Gim. Their eyes were closed and they were murmuring something under their breath that Reese could not make out. Reese and Solo stood there for a moment before Solo leaned in for a closer look at the glyphs next to the Sith holocron. Suddenly padawan Isabella came to life and wriggled her way free from Big X's grasp. The droid reached for her, but she too dropped prostrate next to the stricken Jedi, joining them in their low chanting.

    "Oh...I have a really bad feeling about this."

    TAG: @Sarge @ConservativeJedi321

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare


    The next day.

    Closing his eyes and breathing deeply Master Rand calmed himself as the Port Pixelito Professional Pod Racing Competition got underway. Knight's Sodi and Avarray had done their best in the wee hours of the morning to qualify for the event, and though he was sure they were tired now after such a busy morning of racing and then tinkering with their craft, he was sure the adrenaline of the actual race would keep them alert and ready.

    He was rather proud of the small task force of Jedi, and especially of the two racers. Their time had been much slower than the real contenders, but fast enough to qualify as the 13th out of 16 competitors racing today, and that wasn't bad considering Knight Sodi's desire to keep something in reserve as an ace in the hole for the race. Of course there were some Jedi that considered 13 something of an unlucky number, ascribing it to the Jedi Purge beginning on the 13th day of the 13th month of some obscure calendar**, but Rand wasn't one of them. He hoped neither Avarray or Sodi were either.

    The engines of the pods came to life as the racers made ready, the roar filling the arena in which he stood, drowning out the noise of the crowd around him. The arena, he mused to himself with a smirk, could be called that in name only. A smattering of grandstands near the start/finish line that held perhaps 50,000 beings. The rest of the course wound it's way through the old warehouse district near the spaceport and had no such facilities for spectators. They would be kept apprised of the racer's progress by a set of holo screens that had been set up to hover over the start line. Rand looked to the pod nodding to the the two Knights as they made their last preparations. The other Jedi, Master Decinchi and padawan Vunn were staged near the pits. They would be ready to spring into action to approach Erso and take him into into custody if need be once he had lost.

    Erso. Thinking of him caused Rand to look to the pole position, occupied of course by Erso and his pod. The Jedi was surprised to see the two Gran they had met earlier, Bicky Robbe and his friend Naught Kal, had qualified second and third respectively. They high fived one another jubilantly before mounting their own pods, though Rand could sense from each of them a lack of confidence that they could beat Erso. Above them now, on the hovering holoscreen a countdown began, and the crowd began to countdown with it. They were ready to begin...

    10
    9
    8
    7
    6
    5
    4
    3
    2
    1...

    TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422 @Master Vo'Un'Var

    OOC: Was originally planning on running your characters through a qualifying lap but we've started to fall behind a bit so I'm pushing us a bit forward here. Feel free to describe the qualifier via flashback here if you want (either jointly or not). We'll start the race proper in my next update for you. Three laps, an update/post pair per lap. Also, figured y'all would name the pod in one of your upcoming posts, I didn't want to name it for you.
    :p

    ** Based on the arrest of the Knight's Templar on Friday the 13th :p

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Kachirho Market, Kashyyyk


    "I suppose it's better not to leave her ship here," The Ghost (Knight Liuna Iotasi) said after a moment. Taab didn't disagree. Leaving behind more evidence of their presence here wasn't a good idea, and if they left the Tagalong's (Edo Vilsa) ship it was bound to raise questions, or perhaps it would simply be plundered by the less than savory sorts among the locals. Still, that wasn't a risk Taab was willing to take. "Slave her hyperdrive to ours and bring it in with us." She glanced at young Miraluka, an eyebrow raised in question visible even underneath her raised hood. "That work for you?"

    Taab also looked to the Tagalong who trembled slightly before giving a rigid nod. "You can leave the ship though...my mother is here too." Taab's head swung over swiftly to look at the Old Fossil (Master Kasumi) and the Ghost. Her mother? That could complicate things. "She can pilot it away once I send word to her that I'm....going." Taab mulled that over before nodding his won assent to the Jedi. She wouldn't be allowed to tell her mother who she was leaving with, or where she was going. Hopefully the mother trusted her daughter enough to not start a search for her.

    "OK, sounds good, let's get her aboard ship and back to..." he paused. "Back home," he finally grumbled, fore though he had lived at the Temple of Light for the past decade, it certainly didn't feel like hoe to him. "At least we won't have to blindfold her."

    TAG: @Coffee_Ninja @Rebecca_Daniels @The Vanguard @BookExogorth

    OOC: Sadly BookExoGorth has indicated she won't be able to play the game for some time. So I've taken over her character as an NPC until we return to the Temple. There she can fade away into the background until the time comes that Book can resume playing her. Everyone, feel free to move our characters and get them aboard ship in your posts.

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Padawan Bovie (NPC)
    Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light freighter, en route to Saridona Prime


    Bovie listened as the two Jedi Knights told their stories and it was then that it hit him, not everyone had a peaceful journey before they had found the Guardians of Light. It was a lesson all too easily forgotten, and one he now hoped to take to heart. He didn't have much to add to their reverie, but was saved as a sudden "shift" announced they had dropped out of hyperspace.

    "We're home folks," Knight Skywalker announced from the cockpit. "Control has us putting down in a few in the primary bay, Master Zey will be there to debrief us." Bovie felt the deck lurch beneath him. "Strap in, I'm taking us down."

    TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @vncredleader

    :bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

    IC: Knight Grersk Duy'leh (NPC)
    Aboard the Vatra, en route to Saridona Prime


    "I'm Rosana Zorbo of the Vatra. I have someone on board that you might know?" The Bothan bared his teeth in a smile as the would be Jedi introduced herself over the radio. He could still sense her continuing nervousness over her decision. "Fear not, you are on the proper path," he told her before sitting in the seat next to her and replying to the Temple's challenge. "This is Duy'leh, with word from Coruscant." He regarded Zorbo for a moment, best to introduce her after they had landed, to help assuage her anxiety. "Please have Master Zey waiting for us upon arrival." The old master was Duy'leh's greatest proponent on the Council, and they would need to be convened after what the Bothan had learned at the capital.

    "Roger that Vatra, and welcome back Knight Duy'leh," the comm chirped at them again. "You are clear to land in the primary hanger bay." a series of steering ques were sent to the freighter, showing the pilot where to go. "Calm your fears," Duy'leh said to Zorbo as she piloted the craft towards the bay. "You're about to take your first steps into a much larger world."

    TAG: @SkywalkerShine
     
  21. TheSilentInfluence

    TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

    Registered:
    Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora
    Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light freighter, en route to Saridona Prime

    Cora stood up and clasped Knight Aldor on the shoulder as she passed, holding onto the back of the Co-Pilot's seat as Skyla Skywalker spoke about making a landing to their home. Her adopted home. Cora reflected quietly, that's what they had done. Taken her in and trained her, and showed her how to take care of other's in the galaxy.

    She turned and sat down, making sure she was secure as they made their decent. Cora realised that she was nervous, but still felt proud of her armor. She just wasn't sure how most of the Jedi Temple were going to react. Cora knew she looked different, she felt different. But would everyone else notice?

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker
     
  22. Sarge

    Sarge Chosen One star 6

    Registered:
    Oct 4, 1998
    Combo Post
    IC: Peregrine, Semajj
    Tomb of Horrors

    The blessed mental silence came as a shock the moment I entered the chamber. Did that mean the whispers that had beckoned us here were now powerless? Judging by the attitude of my formerly missing companions, probably not. Isabella promptly joined them in prostrate homage to the sickly red glowing holocron.

    "We have to stop this. Is there an off-switch on a holocron? I've never studied them."

    "I'm starting to get the feeling the force is trying to tell us something." The Ongree stated with a grimace.
    He stepped forward towards the dark side artifact. Such an item was dangerous, and corrupting,

    Though this was the first one he had encountered, he had done research on them previously. Supposedly only a Sith, or someone with the mindset of a Sith, could activate one. It would be useless to the Jedi if that was correct, but he had to admit, the prospect of leaving behind its knowledge made him cringe. What if someone else came in search of it's dark secrets? What horrors might they unleash?
    It would be far safer on Sardonia Prime, locked away from prying eye's.

    He had been prepared to leave it earlier, but the temple guided them back to this room for a reason. Semajj didn't believe in coincidences.
    Plus, it was the only item of note in the room, and he suspected this is the key to their escape, and reclaiming their friends sanity.

    As he moved his hand to hover above the talisman, he once again contemplated that this could be a trap.
    Just as well, if it was they might be able to turn it against their attackers.

    "Be prepared to run!" He shouted to everyone who was still capable of listening.
    If this went bad he'd much rather be facing the beasts that were chasing them, than stay in this spot one moment longer than he had to. At last he moved to place a hand on the pyramid, and remove it from its alcove.

    "Don't touch it! Professor, give us a sample bag to hold it!" I took a deep cleansing breath, preparing myself for whatever would result from a snatch-and-grab.

    TAG: @ConservativeJedi321
     
  23. galactic-vagabond422

    galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

    Rak opened his eyes, taking a breath calling on the force to bolster him, to drive away the fatigue that was threatening to come over him. He had to keep sharp, had to keep himself prepared to race.Their 'Hanger Queen' as Rak called it, had placed...well...for being a last minute entry.

    The only problem was the number 13...why did they have to place 13th. His family always avoided that number, they never did anything on the thirteenth of the month, always avoided anything marked with that number. He was never told why but, his parents told him that it was an unlucky number. Bad things happen to people like them on thirteenth days. When you're raised with a superstition it sticks in your mind, no matter how much rational thought he gave it, it was still there. He could recall his father's face blanching as they were about to board a ship with ID code 1313.

    It was a moment that stayed with him, he'd never seen his father so afraid. It seemed it was time for him to face his fears. His hands were sweating, shaking only slightly as he approached the pod, jumping into the second seat, manning the weapons. With another breath he took out the amethyst pendant, it carried the memory of Zoe, the young padawan killed so many years ago now.

    "Hey Zoe, do you think you could help us out here...maybe get Aroon too. We need all the help we can get." He gave it a kiss before putting it away in his coat of useful items. "Thanks." Swallowing thickly he rested his hand on the box of junk, the last resort.

    "Sadi," he started once the other knight took his place in the pilot's seat, "We just need to get ahead of Erso, then we'll give him a surprise." The vagabond rattled the box, a inference being made. He wasn't here to win the race, just take down their target. The only problem was, their target would be leading the pack, and Rak wasn't sure they could get there. Especially not starting so far back.

    "Bloody Thirteen," he said under his breath.

    TAg: @Bardan_Jusik @Mitth_Fisto @Master Vo'Un'Var
     
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  24. SkywalkerShine

    SkywalkerShine Jedi Master star 4

    Registered:
    Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Rosana Zorbo
    Aboard the Vatra, en route to Saridona Prime

    "Fear not, you are on the proper path."

    Rosana nodded with a quiet smile. The old Bothan Jedi did his best to cheer her up and keep her from being nervous. Last thing she wanted was to be shot down by people she didn't even know. In her years of smuggling, Rosana kept an important rule in mind: Be careful who you trust. Well, the Jedi Master didn't seem so bad, but what about the other Jedi? What if they didn't accept her back into the order? Rosana didn't care. All she wanted was get away again. Not bother with the Jedi or the past...

    After the comm approved their landing, Rosana cleared her throat and began to descend into the planet. Through the Force, she felt great power here. As if the light side of the Force surrounded the lands. And the Temple... truly a sight to behold. Strangely, she felt safe. But Rosana snapped out of her trance and focused on the steering ques given to her.

    "Calm your fears," Duy'leh said to Zorbo as she piloted the craft towards the bay. "You're about to take your first steps into a much larger world."

    Rosana chuckled lightly, approaching the primary hangar bay that appeared in the distant. "Easy for you to say, Master Duy'leh," she replied. "Thing is, I've already seen things that needed to be seen. But here... I don't feel like I belong. Being an ex-Jedi and all." The young woman gazed down quietly with a regretful look. This was definitely a mistake coming here. If only she could run away and forget about all of this. She had to find a way.

    Zekk, her binjinphant pet, hopped on Master Duy'leh's lap and laid there. He curled his long tail around himself and sighed softly. Rosana noticed and chuckled. "Funny. It's rare to see him warm up to anyone. Guess you're special to him." Moments later, the Vatra made it inside the primary hangar bay, landing with ease.

    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik
     
  25. Coffee_Ninja

    Coffee_Ninja Jedi Knight star 2

    Registered:
    Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi
    Kachirho Market, Kashyyyk


    You can leave the ship though...my mother is here too. She can pilot it away once I send word to her that I'm....going."


    Kasumi heard the pause between the I'm going, and the almost side thought that Edo's mother was here. Why would Edo not tell them that before? Most that go to the Temple, or had been, were either orphans or their family knew of them going.

    "Edo, what do you mean your mother? Where is she?"

    Kasumi hated thinking it, but she was now concerned that maybe Edo was trying to run away....or is it possible that she could be a plant for someone else? That would not have crossed Kasumi's mind when she was younger, but now.......after what she had lived through....the idea did. Kasumi opened up a bit to see what she could read through the Force, if anything else. There was a possibility that Edo could have a stronger wall up and have more skill than they suspected too. So Kasumi opened up a bit more to see if she could read anything at all.

    Tag: @Bardan_Jusik , @Rebecca_Daniels ,@The Vanguard, @BookExogorth