main
side
curve

Star Wars Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik , Mar 10, 2017.

1. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Rosana Zorbo
    Padawan Dorm Level, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Blast it... The only thing she wanted to do was rest. After a long day (especially from smuggling before meeting the Bothan Jedi Master), Rosana just wanted to chill out and rest. She could imagine it now: Her being in bed aboard the Vatra, her binjinphant pet Zekk sleeping on his soft cushion next to her bed, while Rosana listens to relaxing music...

But all of that was gone. Duty called of the Jedi. Again. Yeah, she would definitely find a way to escape and get back to that and smuggling...

While following the Jedi Knight named Cora, Rosana was met with some rather interesting people. "Fresh meat?" she asked snarkily, indicating Zorbo with the handle to her mop. "We could use the help."

Rosana could help but raise her eyebrows, surprised. However, she didn't do or say anything. Rather, she just stood there with crossed arms. Zekk was still perched on her right shoulder, sniffing and taking in his surroundings. Then Cora spoke to the Padawan. "Rosana hasn't been given an assignment Padawan, and I don't think it's your place to do so."

Oooh. That felt like a burn. Especially coming from a calm Jedi. Rosana was grinning on the inside. Maybe she would stay a bit, understand this Temple. Heck, even map out the place. Force knew that she needed to map it out in order to make her move. The Temple seemed pretty interesting though. Who knew? Maybe she could see old allies... Oh who was she kidding? She was a smuggler now! Rosana had to stay focused. Not get distracted by her feelings.

"Oh, I don't know, cleaning floors is a good place to start. Builds character, muscle," she winked at the first Padawan who'd spoken as she passed, spinning to walk backwards so she was still facing the group as she continued, "boredom. Useful Jedi skills, you know how it is."

Rosana rubbed her neck with a smile as she stood there quietly.

"If anyone needs me I'll be grabbing something to eat,"
    Cora said before she left. Uh-oh. Rosana continued to stand there with a quiet expression.

Feeling tired and hungry, the young woman asked one of the Jedi and Padawans, "Um... so... do I go back to my ship or...?" Rosana shrugged, smiling sheepishly.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @vncredleader @Skyla Skywalker @Rebecca_Daniels @Coffee_Ninja @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    IC Vanora Cinali in Refectory

Vanora was enjoying a thick sandwich of grilled meat and vegetables with a slice of sponge cake liberally dolloped with whipping cream and berries.

Vanora did not need an excuse to indulge in a snack, and the sweet variety was a particular weakness.

She glanced up to see the Mandalorian Knight enter who had dressed down Elle so snarkily and greeted her with a smile but not so as to pressure conversation unless the other wished.

TAG for
    @TheSilentInfluence @Rebecca_Daniels @SkywalkerShine or anyone else wanting a snack ;) [face_mischief]

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Professor "N'Danna" Solo/ Big X (NPCs)
    Eventide

Even without the subtle gesture of a raised eyestalk Knight Reese could sense the disapproval from Knight Nosrep at the human Jedi's deception of Professor Solo. Reese himself of course felt he had done nothing wrong, he had told the truth, from a certain point of view, and though professor Solo was bound to be upset when the time for total truth to be revealed, he was happy for now. Besides by the time the professor realized what had happened, the heart would be safely deposited in the temple vault. At least that was the plan. Knight Nosrep did have some other concerns though, which he voiced as they followed the newly freed slaves through the Temple corridors and back into the caves.

"Preferably one of us ought to stay behind on planet to see to the safety of the innocents." Knight Reese cast a downward glance at the statement, the Ongree Knight was correct of course, but the situation they found themselves in left no one who could relied upon to remain behind. Not with himself injured and the other Jedi save Nosrep and Knight Bonaventure so affected by the Heart. Those two would be needed to guide them back to Saridona Prime. What if the Heart managed to somehow grab a hold of one of them on their return journey? This whole ordeal could begin anew. It was safer to stay together.

Emerging from the tunnels and back onto the twilight zone of the planet Knight Bonaventure made his own observation. "I hate to bring it up when we're so close to being gone, but, Darth Whats-his-name said something about the slaves digging for other Darkside artifacts. I don't know if they found anything or not, but we'd be wise to go sweep the area and make sure nothing dangerous is left lying around. And we might find something safe for our archaeologists to take home, so this trip might not be a total loss for you, Professor. Besides, it will give Gim a chance to do something useful just once before we skip this rock."

The Ugnaught Knight harummphed at that, he was still clearly not feeling himself, but the human Knight's antics seemed to be getting through to him. Still Reese shook his head. "I want to get off this rock as soon as possible..." They had what they had come for, answers to the origin of Knight Al'kesh's condition, and potentially a way to reverse it if the Council could make any sense of what else they had learned. He didn't want to risk losing their progress thus far to go back and sweep the caves. Professor Solo though seemed intrigued by the idea, but seeing Knight Reeses's reaction he relented somewhat. "I'm sure I'll return with the rescue expedition from the Triumvirate, I can begin a new dig then."

Arriving at the Professor's camp, they saw it had been untouched since they left it, though a fine layer of sand on his old YT-1300 transport revealed the presence of a recent sandstorm while they were away. "Reggie and I will bring back the cavalry, just make sure that artifact gets to a museum for study!" Solo's eyes lit up, he was sure to at least be mentioned as a part of the team that had discovered the Heart in any academic literature published on the artifact. It wasn't the fortune and glory he had been hoping for, but it would still further his career, and perhaps allow funding for future digs at this and other sites he had been contemplating.

Reese watched as the pair boarded their ship, and after a few moments of whirring and rumbling from the engines, the old freighter came to life and lifted off the surface. Reese leaned against Big X, they had long been left behind now by the former slaves who had rushed on ahead, to where Reese wasn't quite sure. "We had better get back to our own ship before someone else decides to make it their own avenue off world."

TAG: @Sarge @ConservativeJedi321

:bluesaber::greensaber::bluesaber:

IC: Master Elim Rand (NPC)
    Port Authority Pod Racing Track (PAPR Track), Port Pixelito, Malastare

Things seemed to be moving in slow motion now for Master Rand, and he suspected for everyone else at the PAPR Track following the unexpected crash of race favorite Chif Erso. His pod had careened off the course and crashed through the roof of a nearby, seemingly unoccupied, hanger allowing for the Gran driver, Robbe, to cross the finish line first, followed soon after by his friend and ally Naught Kal.

Not far off the sounds of sirens began to blare, fire and rescue craft on their way assist Erso, assuming he survived his spectacular wreck. From his spot in the stands, Rand knew that there was no way for him, or the other Jedi caught in the throngs of spectators in the stands, could get to Erso before those emergency speeders did. It was going to be up to Knights Sodi and Avarray...

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422

IC: Padawan Elle (NPC)

"Rosana hasn't been given an assignment Padawan, and I don't think it's your place to do so." Padawan Elle was taken aback at the bunt statement from Knight Cora and blinked twice to hide her surprise. If it had been her own master, Knight Gim who was out on assignment, she would have expected it, and had her own witty comeback ready, but she hadn't expected it here and so she simply opened her mouth as if to say something before shutting it again when nothing rolled off her tongue.

"Oh, I don't know, cleaning floors is a good place to start. Builds character, muscle," Knight Iotasi said as she winked at Elle. The Knight spun around and walked backwards so she could face them as she continued on. "Boredom. Useful Jedi skills, you know how it is." She spread her hands in a bit of a shrug, her face inscrutable under her hood. Padawan Elle was immediately jealous of that hood, she had a brooding sort of character and the hood would just emphasize her mysteriousness to the other padawans. She would have to get one for herself sometime.

Knight Cora wasn't finished either though. "The chores don't stop when you become a Master either Padawan. They just call them assignments." She maneuvered around Padawan Elle before adding, "If anyone needs me I'll be grabbing something to eat." Elle's lips curled at that. Her own master was out on one of those assignments now, and he'd left her behind to do chores. Oh what she wouldn't give to be on an actual assignment right now instead of babysitting apprentices.

"Yes, it can be boring. But there can be good moments in there too. And there are always moments used for training." Master Kasumi said before demonstrating her meaning before giving Elle a friendly smile, one the padawan didn't return. "Well done. Remember each thing given is one that is not for boredom, but it can teach something.....even in the quiet times of mopping." Elle shrugged at that, she had learned something new though she didn't want to let the Jedi master know she had learned something new, especially not in front of someone new that she didn't know. That new person spoke up now.

"Um... so... do I go back to my ship or...?" She asked with a sheepish smile. Elle wanted to say she didn't care where the unidentified rookie went or what she did on her ship, but she'd just been chagrined by these ranking Jedi and had no desire for a repeat performance. So she kept her mouth shut for a moment before finally responding. "Well since my chores are done and I don't have any other assignment," she emphasized the words stressing their differences. "I'm going to head to the dining hall for a snack." She could use the time to annoy the serving droid that ran the dining facility too, she knew it hated off hours visits. "You're all free to join me if you want."

TAG: @Coffee_Ninja @Rebecca_Daniels @SkywalkerShine @vncredleader

IC: COO-33K "Cookie" (NPC)
    Dining Facility, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

From his place behind the main serving counter, Cookie swiveled his head over and focused his photoreceptor on the Jedi as they strolled into the Dining Hall. Well, not a Jedi, not really. Not yet anyway. It was a Togruta, Vanora Cinali, an apprentice. The unattached apprentice had the audacity to ask for a sandwich be made for her, even though it wasn't meal time. Before Cookie could say no and direct her to one of the fruit bowls on the counters one of the other servers, Wendi, herself a former apprentice that didn't have the ability to be a padawan and was assigned to the Service and Logistics Corps, smiled and put one together for the Togruta. Even as Cinali took a seat and began happily munching on her snack, Cookie took Wendi aside and began to chastise her.

"We make meals for mealtime, not for anytime. If the organics want a snack, that is what we have those..." the droid pointed one of it's arms at the various bowls of fruits and vegetables arrayed on the counters, "are for." The teenage human looked as though she was about to cry, no wonder she couldn't make it as a Jedi, and nodded her head in understanding as another Jedi, Knight Cora, who was wearing some ridiculous looking armor rather than her more subdued Jedi robes also entered the Dining Hall.

The droid turned away from them both, irritated at their arrival. It wasn't mealtime in the Temple, so the dining hall was empty save for the droids and other staff who were cleaning up after the mid day meal and preparing for the evening meal. At the moment Cookie itself was stirring together a vegetable medley while also cutting up nerf steaks for grilling. The droid had no time for chit chat, or to cater to the needs of Jedi who must have been looking for some sort of snack. Why else after all come to the Dining Hall at this odd hour? Well, Cookie wasn't going to make any more special accommodations for them, they would have to make do with the bowls of assorted fruits placed out on the counter as snacks to tide them over until supper time.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Grersk Duy'leh (NPC)/Master Hector Zey (NPC)
    Main hanger bay, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Taab's eyes narrowed behind his T-Visor at the sight of the being now descending from the old patrol craft which still bore partial law enforcement markings. The General (Master Hector Zey), the Spy (Knight Grersk Duy'leh) and himself had just recently been discussing the discovery of their worm program, sliced into the Triumvirate navy's mainframe on Coruscant, and now here was a NCPD Investigator in the flesh. Oh he wasn't in uniform, but Taab had been a bounty hunter for long enough to recognize the type. As inconspicuously as he could he moved his right hand down towards his holstered blaster pistol, ready to draw at a moment's notice, though the two Jedi he was with seemed unconcerned.

The General of course sensed Taab's growing concern at the emergence of this being, but he also felt the power within the force that the newcomer possessed. The Spy too felt the power and was immediately intrigued by this being and what his arrival could portent. "Greetings," the General said at last, after they'd had a chance to look one another over for a moment. He gave a slight bow and bid the others to do the same. "I am Master Hector Zey, of the Guardians of Light and these are my associates Knight Grersk Duy'leh," he motioned to the Bothan beside him who gave a deep bow, but never took his yes off the newcomer. "And Commander Beskaryc Taab, our head of security." The Mandaloiran likewise never took his eyes off of Acyk even as he inclined his head ever so slightly in greeting.

"I'm told you identified yourself as a Jedi to our command center, though I must admit, you're oddly attired for a Jedi Knight."** He smiled gregariously motioning the being forward. "Tell us, who are you and what has brought you to the Temple of Light?"

TAG: @Kyber Acyk

**Taken from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

4. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray

Rak cringed a little seeing Erso's pod go off the track. He didn't expect that, he wanted to slow him down, not kill him. The knight watched the pod fly off into the abandoned hangar. Right away a terrible plan formed in his mind.

"See you there." he said gesturing over towards the crash sight. With a silly grin and pounding heart the Jedi released the harness and lept from the side pod. He called on the Force to slow himself down and cushion his fall. Going from 900kph to 0 had effects on a being but, calling on the Force Rak hoped to lessen the blow. He hit the track a little too hard but, he covered his face making a conscious decision to roll himself towards the edge. The sound and rush of pilots flying over him rung in his ears as he came to the side of the track.

He got up, painfully feeling a bit of road rash. The Force, and his jacket had protected him somewhat but, it wasn't perfect, far from. His arms and back stung, and his jacket was in a state, that state being nearly shredded and hanging on by a few strands. Deftly he took the amethyst out of the barely there pocket and put it around his neck. Everything else in his coat could be replaced, even the other shiny trinkets but, that, that simple stone couldn't be, not in Rak's estimation.

Taking a few breaths the vagabond settled himself, using old techniques to block out pain. His anguish wasn't gone just suppressed, hopefully for long enough for him to deal with this person they'd been hunting. As he moved through the track and junk he winced when a sharp piece of scrap cut his leg. He was beginning to regret his choice to rush towards the fight, in the most straightforward way possible.

Soon he came to a stop shucking his long coat a few steps back.

"Hello there." he called out to the form of Erso, "Going somewhere." He kept the smile on his face, the jovial nature in his voice, however his hands were never far from his lightsabers, 'Beacon' and 'Guard'. "How about you come with me."

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @Bardan_Jusik

5. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora

As Cora made her way into the dining hall she spotted the Togruta apprentice from earlier smile at her, before she walked over to grab a couple pieces of fruit.

"Thank you." Cora said politely, sensing distress from the younger worker. "It's nice that you care so much about us." She gave her what she hoped was an encouraging look, before walking over to Venora Cinali.

"Would you mind if I sat down?" Cora asked, wondering if she would be better to take her food outside. The last thing Cora wanted to do was intrude.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  6. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2017
    IC: Jedi Knight Kassokay Nuro Acyk

The Twi'lek Jedi Knight bowed respectfully to Master Zey, Knight Duy'leh and Commander Taab. At the mention of his attire, Kassokay gave a chuckle; traditional Jedi robes were seen to be completely out of place for a detective who spent most of his time undercover.

"My name is Kassokay Acyk, Master Zey. I am a Jedi Knight, formerly of the New Jedi Order and New Coruscant Police Department's Galactic Slavery & Sentient Trafficking Unit. And you may have heard of my family; Clan Acyk have served as Jedi since the Mandalorian Wars, during the time of the Old Republic. My lineage consists of both Mandalorian and Twi'lek blood - both species are fine warriors,"

"And if you are curious about my arrical, I was brought here by the Force. It told me that although I was retired from the department, it still knew that I had a lot of work left to do in the galaxy, and thus it brought me here, to Saridona Prime and the Guardians of Light,"

And you had better be right about me having a lot more work to do in the galaxy with these Jedi... he quietly told the Force.

"And if you are wondering about my attire, I was a Detective Sergeant in the unit and we did not wear the customary Jedi robes in our day-to-day duties. Plainclothes were ordered, so we could blend seamlessly into the background and carry out work without raising suspicion,"

"I hope we can forge a close relationship and become acquainted with each other," he glanced at Taab's helmet. "And, I never thought I'd see another Mandalorian in the galaxy, since my ancestors were exiled from Mandalore for becoming Jetii," 3820 years later, the pain still showed through in Kassokay's words.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 6

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sir Peregrine Bonaventure
    In Hyperspace

The old shuttle was running smoothly and quietly. We had found it undisturbed except for a thin layer of dust and had wasted little time in putting Eventide behind us. It was time to get back to Saridona and the Temple.

I had cleaned myself up as best I could and filled my belly with field rations. A good hot meal that didn't come out of a plastic package was sounding awfully good by now.

Most of the others were asleep. Ssemaj and I would take turns watching over them; as the only two who had mostly resisted the call of the holocron, we felt responsible for guarding the others against any kind of a relapse. But I was ready to relapse into a good sleep myself.

I thought about talking to Big X. The old droid probably had some good stories to tell, and some droids have learned to be good storytellers, always making their tales interesting. But I didn't want to disturb the sleepers with our conversation. Maybe later.

Suddenly remembering the old lightsaber I had taken from Darth Mola, I held it up and examined it closely. The craftsmanship was rough, uneven, it was a crude weapon, but effective. And I had never seen a saber that split its beam to make a crossguard before. How did that work? My multitool slipped into my hand and I began to disassemble the weapon.

In a few minutes I had the answer. The main crystal was supplemented by a pair of much smaller crystals which diverted a fraction of the power from the main beam. To me, it seemed an unnecessarily complex arrangement, making the saber more complicated than it needed to be without providing that much of a tactical edge. But the engineering was an intriguing problem. Surely there was a better way to produce the same effect, or maybe to produce a similar effect for a different purpose. What could I do with split beams?

After a nightmarishly long day of dealing with dark mysticism and supernatural evil, it was a relief to focus on something concrete and simple. Well, simple enough to wrap my old brain around, anyway. It wasn't long before I had lost myself in the challenge of designing something new and original. To most people, it would seem like simple mechanic work, but to me, it was an art form, one I had studied and practiced most of my life. It was my refuge, my safe place from the universe which sometimes seemed determined to crush me.

Well, that was a dark thought. I looked around, seeing the others mostly resting and sleeping. No, the universe hadn't crushed us today. Today we survived, and our light overcame the darkness, because that's what light does. I glanced toward Big X, who was still guarding the holocron, and smiled at the dark thing. It only takes one photon to illuminate the darkness, and I was surrounded by luminescent beings. Victory would be ours. Maybe not right away, probably not without struggle and cost, but as long as we kept faith, there would be no stopping us.

I sighed in contentment and returned to my work.

TAG: @ConservativeJedi321

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora in Dining Room

Vanora observes with an inner cringe as the serving droid berates the young girl who was thoughtful enough to give her a snack.

Gracious, that droid needs a complete overhaul, Vanora thinks.

The Mandalorian Jedi she had run into on the upper levels enters and gets some fruit from the counter.

She approaches and asks if she can join Vanora.

Vanora smiles. "Sure. I know I should've gotten something healthy like that but I need something more filling. I'm Vanora Cinali."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence

9. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Rosana Zorbo

"Well since my chores are done and I don't have any other assignment," she emphasized the words stressing their differences. "I'm going to head to the dining hall for a snack." She could use the time to annoy the serving droid that ran the dining facility too, she knew it hated off hours visits. "You're all free to join me if you want."

Rosana smiled happily and rubbed her stomach. "Hey! Sounds good with me. I'm game." Eating something would be very refreshing. Especially on a long day like this. And as much as she didn't want to do it, Rosana decided to chat with Elle. She kind of reminded her of herself. "So um... Do you like it here in the Temple?"

TAG: @Coffee_Ninja @Rebecca_Daniels @vncredleader @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    In Hyperspace

The Ongree felt a twinge of guilt as they left the planet. Leaving the freed slaves to fend for themselves until rescue crafts arrived didn't sit well with him. Especially if Professor Solo should realize they did not intend to give the holocron to a museum. The man might very well leave them to the beasts, or worse!
    They weren't in any position to stay behind, he kept telling himself.

One of his first acts upon returning to Saridona Prime would be asking the Council to send someone to ensure the people were looked after. They had to be sure innocence were secured away, before they could attend to other matters.

Semajj found Sarge attending to his own work, and nodded in his direction. "Feel free to rest. The ride home shouldn't be very long."
    While the Unknown Regions was certainly vast, it was but a small fraction of the known galaxy. "I can keep this watch. The force is all I need to stay refreshed for the time being."

Tags: @Bardan_Jusik, @Sarge

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Silent and Friendly Mod of SWTV and SWC. star 6 Staff Member Manager

Jul 15, 2014

Cora smiles back. "I'm Cora Itera." She sits down and sighs, feeling tired. She paused and wondered if she should start using her clan name at the end of introducing herself but decided against it, she was still a Jedi; even if her Mandalorian parents had recognised her, she didn't have the right to claim Clan Itera yet.

"How do you like the Temple?" Cora asked, wanting to keep her mind away from her family. "Is it very different from where you grew up?"

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora in Temple Dining Room

Vanora grins. "Very different," she tells Cora. "I have a brother and sister & I was trained as a healer. I've come to develop and fine-tune my empathic skills and discover other talents I might have related to Force sensitivity. I guess it must give you a sense of pride and satisfaction and your family too in what you've accomplished here?"
    Vanora glances toward the caf-maker. She wants some hot chocolate but she is NOT about to rile the irritable serving droid.

@TheSilentInfluence & @Bardan_Jusik
    [face_laugh]

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Does it? Father and Mother seem proud, but could they formally acknowledge me as their daughter; knowing what it would mean to their clan? Cora looked over at Vanora, "My mother gave me away to the Jedi. I don't remember the language, it was upsetting to her." She paused. "I think they are proud of the person I've become, but it's hard for them to see me as a Jedi Knight."

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "My mother gave me away to the Jedi. I don't remember the language, it was upsetting to her." Cora paused. "I think they are proud of the person I've become, but it's hard for them to see me as a Jedi Knight."

Vanora frowned in sympathy. In her historical studies, she had read about the Dathomiri and Mandalorian cultures; doubtless the true-life experiences were quite different particularly on a personal level.

"I hope you can find a way to reaffirm your family connection." She said. "It's so wonderful, even though hard work, being one of the Jedi. I believe it involves many large and small choices but it really must provide a sense of satisfaction being able to make a difference in tangible ways in the lives of others. That's why I went into the Healing profession."
    @TheSilentInfluence

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Cora smiled slightly. "I hope so too. It's strange, I've grown up at the Temple; but at the same time, I feel like I have to remain Mandalorian. Does that make sense?" I don't want to disappoint either of my families. "I'm sure your a good healer. How long have you been here?"

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Vanora nodded. That made perfect sense, feeling connected to two families, one that raised you and the one whose legacy and heritage you wanted to aspire to.

"I've been here a few days. I noticed a lot of comings and goings near the main hangar bay this evening. Guess a big mission just wrapped up."

@TheSilentInfluence

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

Cora nods. "At least we get to relax before the next one." She started to eat her fruit before adding, "Let me know if you need any help; it was different when I first came here too." Cora finished, wiping her hands on a napkin. I wonder how different it would have been if I came here when I was older, I might have refused; considering what could have been.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

Vanora smiles at Cora's offer and files it away for future reference.

She ponders what future missions she might be asked to go on and looks forward to broadening her horizons.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence etc

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi

He never got a real good read for their target. So when the man went off the tracks in a spectacular fashion he had to give it a grim nod of possible satisfaction. He was weighing whether to turn around or finish the race when his co-racer decided to abandon the pod. Making Jo painfully aware of just how little his read of his own fellow Guardian had been.

Still he was on the turn into the warehouse when he made a lot of shouting and grand free hand gestures as he slowed the pod down, began the process of turning it around, and even kept it up as he slowly headed back up the wrong way on the outside shoulder of the track until he got to a good spot to take the pod off track in pursuit of his erstwhile fellow racer. Shaking a fist one final time for the camera's he punched it as he careened off the track and after his fellow Jedi and more importantly, after Erso.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 , @Bardan_Jusik

20. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Temple of Light

The others all seemed hungry, heading in ones and twos to the dining hall. After their trip to Kashyyyk, a snack probably was a good idea, but Liuna had something else to do first-- or rather, someone to see. Liuna split off from them, trying different directions and locations until she found her way back to her quarters. A map would likely be a good investment if she was going to spend more time here, or maybe a datapad with directions. Or you could just put the effort into remembering where things are, she told herself.

The room she entered was definitely hers, judging from the tech she'd left on the table and the general state of the place. But something was amiss, a few things, really, and it didn't take long to figure out what: first, there was definitely stuff in here that wasn't hers.

And her troublemaker of an astromech droid was missing.

"Blast it, Jinx," she muttered, examining what the droid had stolen from who-knew-where in the Temple. "If Temple security disassembles you, I'm not putting you back together." The different pieces Jinx had assembled looked like some sort of upgrade for the droid, but she couldn't quite put together the end goal. Certainly the little purple and white troublemaker would inform her at some point, but given that she'd told Jinx to stay put, this wasn't a good sign.

She wasn't a fan of memory wipes, choosing only to do selective ones on Jinx when necessary. In her line of work, the info the droid carried could be immensely dangerous, but Liuna appreciated the improved intelligence that often came from letting the droid run past recommended wipe dates. Jinx was smarter than factory droids, but that also meant the droid didn't always do as it was told. Both of those things had saved her rear on various occasions, but Jinx had also never spent any time in a Jedi Temple.

Enough was enough. They couldn't have a droid running around like that, and Liuna wasn't exactly doing the same work as before. It was time for a full memory wipe. If she could find Jinx to do so, that is...

Liuna left most of her gear on the table except her lightsaber, still clipped to her belt. There was no need for her tools around here, and she certainly didn't need them to hunt down an errant astromech. As she stepped back out into the hall, however, the question was: where to start? Liuna had already gotten turned around more than once just between the Padawan level and here, and this Temple was many, many times the size of the small enclave she'd been raised in. Jinx could be anywhere.

Security then, she decided, hazarding a guess at where it was located and setting off. They might be able to catch the droid on holocams... or they might have Jinx already.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, any

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update

IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella/Big X (NPCs)
    En route to Saridona Prime

It was with some degree of relief that Knight Reese boarded the shuttle for their return journey to Saridona Prime, the sooner they were away from this accursed place the better he thought to himself as he took the controls and lifted them off the surface. The others, nestled in the aft cabin of the shuttle, wore their own looks of relief or concern as befit their own thoughts, though Knight Bonaventure immediately set to tinkering on the lightsaber he had taken from the late Darth Mola as soon as many of the others had fallen asleep. Reese noted how heavy his own eyelids had become, he too needed rest and with the shuttle on auto-pilot he was free to do so. So he moved aft to the cabin and sat down opposite from the droid and started to shut his eyes, though the low voice of the droid, Big X, prevented him from doing so.

"I know you don't belong to the New Jedi Order," the droid said matter of factly, though it had turned down the volume of it's vocabulator in an attempt to mimic a whisper so as to not arouse the Jedi already asleep. Reese, despite the desire to sleep was not one of those, and now that the droid had spoken he found himself fully awake. His jaw dropped in surpise as he began to stammer before quieting himself. "Our present course is not to any known Jedi Temple or Imperial Knight stronghold and Knight Bonaventure identified himself as a Guardian of Light." The droid's head swiveled towards the recently minted Knight as Reese swore silently to himself. "My databanks include no reference to the Guardians of Light either as an independent organization nor as a subsidiary of the New Jedi Order." No surprise there Reese thought, wondering what they were going to do with the droid now. "However, given your own abilities and demonstrated philosophical attitudes I can only surmise that you are a secret sect of Jedi with your own code and guidelines for behavior operating outside the authority of the Triumvirate." Reese tried to hide the continued shock on his face, but his wound and exhaustion conspired to see him fail in his efforts. "I do not believe that Professor Solo managed to make this conclusion as he truly believed you were taking the Heart of Darkness to the Jedi on Coruscant or perhaps Tython..."

"And what do you believe?" Reese interrupted the droid, hoping that either Nosrep or Bonaventure had taken note of the conversation and were ready to help him fight this droid if it came to that.

"I believe that you are sincere in your efforts to keep the Heart from harming anyone else and are taking it to a safe haven to prevent it from doing so." Reese sighed in relief, but he still wondered now what they were going to do with the droid. Big X's next statement offered a solution. "As I strive to improve myself and my programming I have found the subject of the force to be quite stimulating. It was why I pushed to be added to Professor Solo's digs on various worlds rumored to be connected to the force in some way." Reese arched an eyebrow at that, so Professor Solo had a hunch at what he was getting into after all. "As such I would ask that upon arrival at our destination I be allowed to join your Guardians of Light in any way I might be deemed useful whilst allowing my study to continue." For what seemed like the hundredth time in the past minute Reese was surprised, he looked to Bonaventure and Nosrep and shrugged. "What do you two think?"

TAG: @Sarge @ConservativeJedi321

IC: Chif Erso (NPC)

"Hello there." the voice was familiar, though Chif Erso, stunned by his crash couldn't place it. One thing he did know, despite the nature of the greeting, it was nothing friendly. He struggled to remove himself from the wreckage of his pod, but his left leg was pinned under the console. he tried to lift it but was greeted by a blinding pain from the trapped appendage. "Going somewhere?" Erso scowled in reply. "Not with this broken leg." The being came into focus now, it was the new podracer and he wore a knowing smile on his face, though even in his current state Erso noted how he kept his hands spaced evenly near his belt, to draw on a weapon Erso was sure. Given what he had felt from these racers during the contest Erso had little doubt that the weapon would be a lightsaber.

"How about you come with me." He asked jovially, and why not? He had clearly won, why not bask in his own victory? Erso though was anything but jovial, he wasn't even angry or confused by his defeat. He was afraid, afraid of what his failure to his master meant, not for his master's sake, but for his own. He nodded eagerly at the racer's suggestion. "Yes please, take me with you. protect me from the wrath of my master and I'll do anything."

That wrath came for him even sooner than he had feared another vehicle crashed in through the dilapidated old hanger's walls and came to a stop very near Erso's tormentor, or so Erso thought. It took a moment for him to realize it was his tormentor's pod, piloted by his grinning friend, a Kage. Erso calmed somewhat, realizing that pain and death wasn't coming for him right this moment, but come it would. And soon.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422

IC: Lrowoco (NPC)
    Temple Security Office, temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"arrrgh" Lrowoco barked softly at the young Jedi seated across the security desk from him pointing with his massive fingers where she was to sign and initial the forms he had laid out for her (in triplicate), wondering just what was going through her mind. He'd been working with the Guardians of Light in their security service for some time now, but this was a new one for him. "Erg!" he barked a little more insistently indicating a place she'd forgotten to initial. Chaning her name? Or had she given a false one to begin with? He couldn't quite get the story straight from Knight Skyla Skywal...no it was Ash now, Knight Skyla Ash he reminded himself, as she signed off on the final form. Humans were such odd creatures the Wookiee thought as he chuckled to himself. Short lived and with far too much of their skin showing on their nearly hairless hides, but he had never seen one join the Order under a false name. Had she been trying to crate some connection to the infamous Skywalkers? Doubtful, she'd gone out of her way in the past to claim the name was simply a common one and she had no blood relation to the most acclaimed Jedi in the history of the galaxy. Maybe she'd just been too afraid to use her real name, or thought that using it would open her up for ridicule, especially given her special abilities and proclivities towards fire. Lrowoco knew for certain that changing it back now would do nothing to change the nickname that Commander Taab had given her upon learning of those, Firebug. Well, at least she hadn't burned down a forest. Yet.

The Wookiee nodded to her, indicating everything was in order with the security office now. It might take Logistics some time to catch up and actually start using her proper name, but Logistics wasn't as "high speed" as the security division, at least not in Lrowoco's mind. His eyes brightened as another Jedi stepped into the office before he could usher Knight Sky...Knight Ash he reminded himself again, out. "Knight Iotasi", he greeted the Mirialan in Shyriiwook, glad that she was among those in the Temple that could understand it. Knight Ash here (he knew it woudn't take him long to get it right) had understood enough to get by, but he'd had to use small words. "What can I do for you today?" He motioned for the Jedi Knight to take a seat as Ash collected copies of her paperwork.

TAG: @Rebecca_Daniels @Skyla Skywalker

OOC: Welcome back to the game Skyla. Skyla here asked to rejoin the game but wanted her character's name changed from Skywalker to Ash explaining that she never intended for the character to be related to the infamous clan. Rather than just ret-con the character's previous appearances I've elected to make Skyla's name change a part of the game itself. Glad to have you back with us!

IC: Padawan Elle (NPC)
    Entering the Dining Facility, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

"So um... Do you like it here in the Temple?" Padawan Elle rolled her eyes at the question from the newbie. Elle thought she might have had a little more edge to her, she had hoped so anyway. All hope for that was lost with the naive question she put to the padawan. "Well, no one has tried to blow it up in the last decade, so there is that." She pursed her lips. Of course she'd heard the stories of what had happened here a decade ago. Invading army of Sith wardroids camped outside the Temple, A Sith Star Destroyer in orbit and even a Sith infiltrator murdering unsuspecting padawans. She half believed it was just a tall tale, especially that last part, used to keep unruly padawans such as herself in check. Of course the other half told her that it couldn't be entirely made up. Could it? She shrugged at her own unverbalized question. Didn't matter, it was in the past while in the present the Temple was a safe haven for folks like her, and this newbie. She glanced askew at her again. She certainly seemed more hardened than her question had belied. Maybe Elle should give her a second chance.

"I'm Elle, Padawan to Knight Gim." She didn't mention that her Ugnaught master was out on assignment (without her!), it would be enough for her to know that Elle was assigned to a master. "And you are?" she asked sarcastically as they entered the Dining Hall.

TAG: @Coffee_Ninja @SkywalkerShine @vncredleader

IC: COO-33K "Cookie" (NPC)

Cookie let out a low drone of both learned and programmed epithets as more Jedi entered the dining hall before waving his chopping arm in the air at seeing the sickly sweet wave from padawan Elle as she led them inside. She was mocking him, openly! The droid made a note in its internal memory core to have a word with her master the next he saw the Ugnaught. "Sit over there!" he called out to them, pointing to where the pair of Jedi already intruding on his dining facility had taken their seats. "Over there?" Elle responded innocently, pointing in the wrong direction and laughing at the irate droid before finally sitting down next to Knight Cora and apprentice Cinali.

"He's so easy..."

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

IC: Beskaryc Taab/Knight Grersk Duy'leh (NPC)/Master Hector Zey (NPC)
    Main hanger bay, Temple of Light, Saridona Prime

Taab watched carefully as the newcomer chuckled and bowed to the two Jedi with him.

"My name is Kassokay Acyk," Taab arched an eyebrow in surprise at that behind his T-Visor. A Mandalorian name, though not a clan he immediately recognized. "Master Zey. I am a Jedi Knight, formerly of the New Jedi Order and New Coruscant Police Department's," Taab nodded, now that made sense given his Acyk's demeanor, attire and choice of craft, "Galactic Slavery & Sentient Trafficking Unit. And you may have heard of my family; Clan Acyk have served as Jedi since the Mandalorian Wars, during the time of the Old Republic. My lineage consists of both Mandalorian and Twi'lek blood - both species are fine warriors." Taab glanced to the General (Master Hector Zey) and the Spy (Knight Grersk Duy'leh) but neither betrayed any sign as to whether or not they recognized the name.

"And if you are curious about my arrival, I was brought here by the Force. It told me that although I was retired from the department, it still knew that I had a lot of work left to do in the galaxy, and thus it brought me here, to Saridona Prime and the Guardians of Light." That the General did react to, with a broad grin, though it just made Taab worry more. He'd just expressed those concerns to both the General and the Spy, and it seemed in some ways he was right to be concerned. The force was again sending Jedi their way, Taab could only assume there was a reason.

"And if you are wondering about my attire, I was a Detective Sergeant in the unit and we did not wear the customary Jedi robes in our day-to-day duties. Plainclothes were ordered, so we could blend seamlessly into the background and carry out work without raising suspicion." Taab again nodded along with that, it was customary for such units tasked with such a mandate to eschew anything that would mark them as authority figures.

"I hope we can forge a close relationship and become acquainted with each other," Taab noted the glance towards him. "And, I never thought I'd see another Mandalorian in the galaxy, since my ancestors were exiled from Mandalore for becoming Jetii." Taab shrugged, he was once one of those Mandalorians who would advocate such exile, and maybe he still was. He certainly felt no remorse for the actions of Mandalorians so long ago. In their place he would have done the same thing though his time serving alongside the Journeyman Knights a decade ago had perhaps softened that attitude, as had his relationships with the other Mandalorian Jedi who had come to call the Temple of Light Home. Among others there were; Cora Itera who had just recently returned after having forged her own armor, Jacen Troi, the Jedi warrior who at times seemed as much at war with himself and his own nature as he was with his external enemies, and of course Risca Kor'le, the first Mandalorian turned Jedi he'd met. He had gone so far as to declare her dar'manda (Mandalorian who has rejected their heritage and no longer possessing a soul) for her decision. Not long afterwards she and her sister had gone missing, never to be seen again. Now a decade later he wondered if his declaration had amounted to her own exile.

"We are thankful that the force has shown you the way to our Temple," the words from the General shook Taab from his reverie. "And are also hopeful that you will find your own place among us." He glanced to Taab, feeling some of what was going through the Mandalorian's mind. "After all, if the force has seen fit to guide you here, who are we to argue?" He grinned a feral grin again before becoming more serious.

"We were actually just discussing events on Coruscant, your knowledge of the capital may prove useful to the Order." Taab's head swiveled quickly towards the General in shock. They hadn't even been given permission to launch the mission they had discussed, and now he was bringing a newcomer in on it? How did the General know he could be trusted?

"But first. You must be hungry after your long journey, why don't we get something to eat in the dining hall and get to know one another better?" Evidently the General sensed Taab's concern. Or maybe he had planned it this way all along. Taab considered the man an ally, but even after a decade he still didn't truly understand him. "Commander Taab," Taab looked over to the General one more time, as orders were clearly about to be issued. "Why don't you and Knight Duy'leh here make the needed preparations for the council discussion while I introduce Acyk here to the culinary delights of Saridona Prime." Taab inclined his head and gave the Spy a glance as he responded.

"As you wish."

TAG: @Kyber Acyk

OOC: Feel free to start moving Acyk and Zey towards the Dining facility. I'll have them arrive in my next update.

22. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2017
    IC: Jedi Knight Kassokay Acyk

~

Kassokay nodded affirmatively and gave a bow. "I'll be glad to provide my expertise of Coruscant to you, Master Zey," the orange Twi'lek fell in beside Master Zey and walked through a series of long corridors to the dining facility. It would be good to have a substantial meal inside him for once - the rations in the ship were running rather low, after spending a few months touring the more exotic places within the galaxy.

"May I ask you a few questions, Master?" Kassokay turned his head. "How long have the Guardians of Light been here on Saridona Prime, and when did they first appear in the galaxy?" he had always been extremely curious, even as a young child on Coruscant.

~

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 6

Oct 4, 1998
    Joint post with @ConservativeJedi321
    IC: Sarge, Semajj Nosrep
    In Hyperspace with an Interesting Droid

As Big X spoke, I felt my right eyebrow rising in surprise. When the droid asked to join the Guardians, it felt like my eyebrow was climbing all the way up my forehead to take cover in my hairline... a not inconsiderable trek that grew longer with every passing year. I glanced over at Semajj.

"Just when I thought I'd heard it all. Now we've got a wardroid that wants to be a Jedi. I can't read him any more than any other droid, no sense of danger from it, anyway. Big X, would you be willing to submit to a full scan of your programming, give us a chance to make sure you're not any kind of spy or mole with espionage subroutines to infiltrate us?"

The Ongree raised an eye stalk inquisitively. Droids were nearly impossible to read, so he was reluctant to be quick in embracing Big X.

"It would be for the best," He referred to Sarge's request to scan the droid. Semajj knew they really didn't have a choice but to bring the droid along, the coordinates were set, and they didn't have the time to drop it off on another planet. "In the end it will be up to the council what to do with you. If we can receive assurances that your motives are pure, I see no reason you can't stay. I'm sure we can find a place for you among our staff."

But there was one question he should want an answer to. "Won't Professor Solo miss you though? If he comes looking can you assure us there is no way he can trace you?"

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi
    Temple Security Office

It took longer than probably necessary to reach the security office, having to ask for directions more than once. How she could manage cities and planets but not this temple was a mystery to her, but eventually Liuna came upon the correct location. Time to see what they could dig up for her.

Another Jedi was being assisted by a Wookiee security officer as she entered, and she smiled a bit at the two. While she'd just returned from Kashyyyk, they'd only really dealt with the one older Wookiee there, and she'd been on the job. Now, at least, Liuna was relaxed. There were never any guarantees in the galaxy, but if there was anywhere safe it was in a temple full of Jedi.

Liuna nodded at the human Jedi, who seemed to be dealing with forms of some kind, and turned to the security officer as he greeted her. "Knight Iotasi, what can I do for you today?"

"Neverending paperwork, I see," she commented, grinning a bit before diving in. "So my little troublemaker of an astromech has decided to go rogue or something while I was away, and I need to find her before Jinx, I don't know, tries to disassemble a security droid or some other important piece of equipment." She took a breath. "I'd prefer Jinx not get blasted, but a memory wipe is more than due. Unfortunately, since it's my droid, she's sneakier than a defel at night. I was hoping there might be some holocams around the temple that might have picked her up, or if you have any other thoughts on how to track a droid in this place." She glanced at the other Jedi in case she had any ideas, too. At this point, Liuna would take any suggestions if it meant stopping whatever sort of trail of destruction Jinx might have left.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Skyla Skywalker

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

I wonder if Master Koji is around, or one of the other Master's. Cora frowned, resting her chin on her hand as she stared down at the table. I don't why, but that dream keeps bothering me. I need to know who brought me here; or if my mother said anything that the Master remembers. It's strange, but I feel like she didn't tell me everything. Was there more to protecting me then I thought when I spoke with her last? Cora shook her head and stood up, resting her hand on the table. "I need to be alone for a bit." Cora explained. "I'm not trying to be rude, but I think meeting my family hit me harder-" Cora let out a deep breath, pausing as she tried to control her emotions.