main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Legacy of the Guardians (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part II

IC: Beskaryc Taab
    Kachirho market, Kashyyyk

"It is an honor to meet a great warrior as yourself." The grizzled old Wookiee grunted twice as Master Kasumi bowed respectfully. "I read that there were great battles. One on the Death Star.....at least I think that is what is was called. One on the moon of Endor." The Wookiee barked out, "There were Wookiees there too!"

"And from what I understand one of the greatest fought here on Kashyyyk. Were you in that battle?" The old veteran nodded quickly and roared triumphantly. "Where was it fought? What did you do? So many gave their lives for the struggle against the Empire, may I ask what battle was like here?" Feeling a tapping on his shoulder he turned towards it before he could answer anything else.

"Grandson!" He roared out at the sight of the approaching Wookiees. He bared his fangs in a smile as they continued to make their way through the crowd, his interactions with these off worlders completely forgotten. The family members however could see what was going on and the eldest of the three addressed the Guardians, after giving Taab a less than approving look. "Thank you for finding my father," he barked out to them. "He wanders off at times, though he usually doesn't start too much trouble." The greying wookiee's grandchildren began to usher him off of the street as the middle aged Wookiee continued addressing the travelers.

"I'm Mooorrr, a woodworker here in Kachirho." He looked askance at the Mandalorian again before addressing them all. "What brings you to Kashyyyk?"

TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels,

IC: "Bungles"/"Sticky Fingers" (NPCs)
    Near Smuggler's Den, Kachirho market, Kashyyyk

Finger's shifted his weight impatiently as Edo waved and started making her way back to them.

"Fingers, is it?" She started and the Rodian "smiled", she was going to go for it! "I know you're trying to trick me." His smile dropped almost immediately. How could she know? Either she was more perceptive than he gave her credit for or she had overheard him... fierfek, she was blind and he had heard that people who had lost one sense were more finely tuned with their others, maybe he had been too loud with his admission to Bungles, maybe she had overheard him! That would be a disaster, no amount of protesting his innocence could overcome that. His mind scrambled, trying to find a way to salvage the situation.

"Bungles, since you've actually been helpful to me this whole time, could you take me to visit this Kla?" The human beamed brightly at that. He had been asked to help where the more experienced Fingers had failed. Seeing that there was nothing more he could do here the Rodian slinked off with a "see ya around," that managed to sound both melancholy and menacing at the same time, though so happy was Bungles that he missed it completely.

"Bungles? I'd love to help you, too." Edo said with a smile as Bungles eagerly nodded his head. "Of course, I mean Kla is something of a... well he's an Eopie's backside, but sometimes he does have candy!" He rushed to Edo and grabbed her arm, pulling her into the Smuggler's Den. "Come on!"

TAG: BookExogorth.

OOC: If you decide to go with Bungles, feel free to describe the rush through the Smuggler's Den as you see fit. If not, no worries, I have another path we can take.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Peregrine Bonaventure
    Crashed shuttle

I could sense the fear in Padawan Isabella, but she wasn't letting it control her, and she was concentrating on trying to solve the mysteries of this place. Staying focused on your job is a great way to deal with fear, so I let her do as she chose while I watched for unexpected dangers.

"It is from Palpatine's Empire isn't it?" she asked. A quick glance showed me a box with the Imperial emblem from the days of the Rebel Alliance.

"That fits with the ship and the equipment and uniforms we've seen here," I told her. "If it's not the real thing from over a century ago, then it must be a very very thorough and detailed hoax, which doesn't make much sense to me, at all. Do your instincts tell you anything about that box? We need to be open to the guidance of the Force in these kinds of situations, but at the same time we need to guard against impulsive actions that can get us killed. Personally, I wouldn't open it until I took a few moments to try to figure out if it's booby-trapped or dangerous, but that could just be me playing the cautious old soldier."

Since there didn't seem to be any immediate threats to us, I moved closer and looked over her shoulder at the crate. "I have some battlefield experience with booby-traps, so I can try to open it myself, or I can talk you through it if you think you have a knack for this kind of thing and want some hands-on training. It's your choice, and no pressure from me either way."

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Port Administrator's Office, Port Pixelito, Malastare

Rak gave a toothy grin at the Pau’an as he sneered at the party leaving the office. As they made their way out Rak took stock of what just happened. He’d just met the relative of one of his closest friends that he lost ten years ago. She seemed to think that her sister perished far earlier than she did. That was a blessing. He did not wish to give that news, he did not want to relive the moment of he heard that another Jedi had perished, even vicariously.

Now out in the city they knew some more but, not much. He was only here for two hours something they’d known. It was troubling that Al'Kesh didn’t file a flight plan but, it was understandable. The Guardians worked in secret they couldn’t go around telling everyone where they were going. They knew where he ended up, just not where he went between here and there, if he did at all.

"Are you all right?" The older jedi asked.

"Not really but, I can deal." He hung his head. "I wasn’t expecting that. It took me a little by surprise." He let out a long breath letting go of the pain, at least most of it. "Right now I think we peruse the market, maybe pick up a few mementos. And check in with our pub crawling comrades see if they learned anything."

He carried on his way heading towards the market, pulling up his comlink to message the others.

"Crew," he started sounding a little indignant putting on a front of an annoyed captain, "Where are you, I’ve finished up with the Administrator and I could use a drink."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Mitth_Fisto Master Vo'Un'Var

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Here is my RP sheet for Guardians of Light. It's been GM Approved by Bardan_Jusik .

The Character Sheet:

General Information:

Character's Name: Cora
    Species: Mandalorian Human
    Rank/Affiliation: Jedi Knight
    Languages: Basic, small bits of Mando'a
    Residence: Jedi Temple
    Home Planet: Mandalore
    Approved Special Features: None

Character Traits:
    Personality: Cora is a very quiet person, and thinks quite a bit. When she first joined as a youngling, Cora spent time with the animal keeps and healers, wanting to learn more about other living beings and how the force connects with them. As she grew older Cora spent more time studying then fighting, and tried to learn about her Mandalorian heritage though she never made it very far. She is very kind, but is unsure about fighting.
    Habits/Mannerisms: If Cora is anxious she will tap her figures on any surface. She also can't sit still for very long, especially if there is something to be done.
    Likes/Dislikes: Cora likes reading and spending time teaching others about the force. She at this point, dislikes fighting.
    Racial Traits: None.
    Strengths and Weaknesses: Her ability to connect with others is a strength, but her weakness is that she can be afraid of fighting.
    Physical Strengths and Weaknesses: She is good with her endurance, but could be better at keeping up when she fights.

Looks:
    Appearance:
    Picture:[​IMG]

(I found this on google, so credit to whoever made this picture. It's awesome. )

Eye Color: Grey blue eyes.
    Hair/Fur: Reddish brown.
    Skin Color: Light.
    Clothing: Red and brown robes with armor over arms and gloves on her hands.

Personal History:
    Immediate Family: These were members listed on her file. Father (Sjurd Itera) is a human male and leader of Clan Itera. He is a towering, quiet man but very kind to his family. He is also very fond of his wife and six children. Sjurd misses Cora, but knows sending her away was the best decision. Adalia was born of a lesser house and met Sjurd while on a mission with his clan. She is a tough, enthusiastic woman who still leads many into battle. She still disagrees that Cora had to leave with Jedi, but hopes one day to meet her daughter again. Besides Cora, the second youngest the children go on order as follows, Nirav, Theodore, Avyanna, Teagan and Leon.
    Spouse/Children: None.
    Biography: Clan Itera was Cora's life until she was five and when a visiting Jedi was testing children for force sensitivity, she was taken and brought to the Temple.Cora remembers little about her family, and only spoke Mando'a for the first few months in her new life. She was always an observing child, which grew as she got older. Cora isn't sure she wants to meet her family, but is determined to at least find out where she came from.

Miscellaneous:

Lightsaber:
    --Blade Type:[​IMG]
    --Blade Color: Green
    --Saber Amount: One
    Combat Forms: Shii Cho.
    Strong Area of the Force: Ability to connect to others.
    Weak Area of the Force: Fighting.
    Pets:None.
    Weapons: Her lightsaber.
    Starship (if any): No.
    Droid (if any): No.

5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    GM Approved
    The Character Sheet:

General Information:

Character's Name: Varian Aldor
    Species:Human
    Rank/Affiliation:GOTL
    Languages:basic, Durese, Shyriiwook
    Residence:Saridona Prime
    Home Planet:Corellia
    Approved Special Features:force push, force leap, minor force healing

Character Traits:
    Personality:a bit shy and standoffish, however able to let his guard down a bit when with fellow Jedi. Though Varian is still short tempered when dealing with injustice and what he sees as cowardice
    Habits/Mannerisms:Has a habit of trying to help without thinking out the consequences entirely, can easily get lost in thought even when talking to others
    Likes/Dislikes:justice, fellow fighters and soldiers, combat, mental challenges. Dislikes: injustice, cowardice, inaction, excuses for wrongdoing even when they are sometimes understandable
    Racial Traits:none
    Strengths and Weaknesses:combat, investigation. Weaknesses: being diplomatic
    Physical Strengths and Weaknesses:forward offensives when dueling, force pushes. Weaknesses: can sometimes have tunnel vision in fights

Looks:
    Appearance:green Jedi robes with the clone wars era armor additions in places
    Picture:

Eye Color:hazel
    Hair/Fur:mess and a bit long in the back. Has a beard. Hair color is black
    Skin Color:white
    Clothing:green jedi robes with minor armor additions

Personal History:
    Immediate Family: (dead)Brother: Vesh. Parents dead
    Spouse/Children:none
    Biography:Varian and his brother where orphaned at a young age on the lower levels of Corellia. Varian’s brother Vesh turned to crime to provide for them but Varian was disgusted in his brother’s actions. Varian tried to talk his brother down but after seeing again and again how deep his brother was getting into this and endangering himself and hurting others; Varian contacted corsec who sent a Jedi. Vesh tried to kill the Jedi and put Varian in a situation where he had to kill his own brother. Upon seeing Varians force abilities the Jedi brought him to the temple

Miscellaneous:

Lightsaber: http://www.saberparts.com/#/configu....88.4.37-2.62.4.0-1.5.1.0-7.152.8.0-5.143.0.0
    --Blade Type:single
    --Blade Color:green
    --Saber Amount:eek:ne
    Combat Forms:Shien but working on getting to Djem So
    Strong Area of the Force: anticipating enemy strikes
    Weak Area of the Force:minding his surroundings
    Pets:none
    Weapons:the force and his lightsaber
    Starship (if any):A-wing
    Droid (if any):none

OOC edit: Ha TheSilentInfluence great minds think alike huh?;)

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Knight Jo Sodi
    On a Jedi sactioned pub crawl, Port Pixelito, Malastare

"How much?" The sharp question from Knight Sadi surprised Knight Troi. They weren't actually going to pay off these thugs were they? His tone brokered argument though, from the Rodian "muscle" nor from his obese employer. Knight Sadi's follow up was a softer, but no less powerful a statement. "I don't have much but if it is close enough I can spare a coin for helping us find our friend."

The Rodian looked back to the fat man with obvious confusion while Ronm swallowed hard, too frightened to answer. Even his comrade, Flick seemed to be uncharacteristically quiet for the moment. Bemused the fat man shrugged. He didn't care where he got the money from, so long as he got it, and so the Rodian bounty hunter, Mika, answered. "10,000." He looked at Romn as a nexu would a small bird. "He owes 10,000 credits for betting against the human Erso."

"10,000!?" Troi exclaimed a little too loudly. "Why we could almost..." he stopped, not really knowing what they could almost do for that kind of cash, but it had seemed the right thing to say for some reason. The outburst seemed to be all that was necessary to snap Flick out of whatever reverie he had found himself in. Knight Sodi's eyes boggled at the mention of the amount and he could not dispute what the doomed man's friend was saying. Still he let more words flow.

"It was a good bet, I never would have thought any human could win that many pod races in a row. Especially with a couple a Dugs in the field, but that Erso," he looked at the Jedi he didn't know were Jedi. "Yeah that Erso, your pal Alkish said he had a funny feeling about him." Romn looked forlorn, but hopeful that these strangers would somehow help.

"Yeah, guess I should have listened..."

"Most likely that human is rare for his kind." blinking his softly glowing eyes he shook his head, "Sorry, I don't have that coin, and I don't kill for money." with that he simply turned to walk away. If any of the Jedi he was with decided to do something about the situation he would back them up, but they here to find the trail of their friend, not save people from themselves and their bad habits.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, @Master Vo'Un'Var

7. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Smuggler's Den
    Edo smiled at Bungles as he starts to drag her. She walked with him, but as they reached the Den, she gasped. There was so much happening in there, so many different people, but all with very different goals. All the differences in the same place, united, but at the same time not, was a bit startling.
    She followed Bungles in, noticing various species, actions, and wares. Partially to shield her curiosity and surprise, as they would soon approach Kla she asked Bungles, "Are you here in this place much?"
    Edo wondered what kinds of things went on here. What kind of things Bungles might have been up to. Illicit arms dealing probably wasn't the worst thing that happened here. Thank the force I was brought up where I was, by who I was.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Eventide

"I'll go with you," Reese declared. "The more the merrier." Semajj bowed with respect too his fellow Knight.

They explored the buildings near by carefully, beginning outside, before working their way in. It smelled like something out of the Old Jedi's home, with twice the amount of dust. This did not detour the Jedi however, as they moved quietly through the cabins, before coming upon one that had been burnt down.

If Al'Kesh had been here, there was no telling where he might have gone. Of course the shuttle near the center of town was the most obvious landmark around, that did disqualify the possibility he would have explored the town as well.
    They weren't even sure exactly why it is he wanted to come here. His records indicated there was an archeological dig around these parts, but that alone didn't seem enough to peak the Devaronians interest. He could very well have been searching for something they were unaware of.

The Ongree knelt near what looked to be some old cupboards that were surprisingly intact for their surroundings . He opened a couple of the doors hesitantly. Trying to get a sense if this building might have been used in the relatively recent past. Unfortunately the moment the door came ajar, it fell off its hinges. Slightly embarrassed Semajj tried to set it back in place, though it just ended up looking even more crooked.
    Oh well.

"Not sure what you're looking for, but you're not going to find it in here." The voice caught him by surprise. Which was even more surprising than the initial surprise. The Jedi should have sensed another living presence, but he did not.
    Strange. Semajj just figured it was because he had been so focused on his exploration.

Delicately he got back on his feet, and dusted off his robes. "Oh, I am sorry sir. I did not see you come in."
    He tried to sound natural as he pulled the flaps of his robes over to cover his lightsaber. True, a sufficiently experienced individual might peg their robes as Jedi in design; still, he felt no hurry to confirm that presumption given the unexpected nature of this visit.

He finally turned to face this individual, who appeared to be a scoundrel, or explorer of sorts. Though he did not seem hostile towards them. "I am Semajj, this is Reese." The Ongree pulled his hood down with one hand while gesturing to his companion with the other. He sensed this individual had allies near by, but did not mention them as doing so would only elicit more questions than he felt comfortable explaining to the stranger.

"A friend of ours, a Deveronian, came to this planet some days ago..." Semajj tried to explain. "But something odd happened, he's just gone... missing, and we are trying to retrace his steps."

The Jedi chose his words very carefully. They were true, from a certain point of view. Al'Kesh was missing, not in the sense they didn't know where his physical body was, back at the Temple at Saridona Prime.
    But his mind was certainly lost, to some darkness they did not know the name of.

"Perhaps you could help, I don't suppose you have seen him..."
    The Ongree gestured to the stranger, indicating curiosity at what he should call him.

Bardan_Jusik

9. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi

As she pulled the young Padawan away from the older Wookiee, Liuna felt Bivi's impending tumble through the grip she had on the smaller girl's shoulder. In an attempt to catch her, Liuna reached out with both hands and drew on the Force to keep Bivi from knocking her over too. Looking down at the Padawan, she raised her eyebrows before getting Bivi upright.

Meanwhile, she could tell some of the newly arrived Wookiees had taken the older one away. Good, so this might not break out in a fight. She glanced quickly at Master Kasumi before answering herself.

"We were hoping to hunt, sir," Liuna spoke up, still standing near the silly Padawan. "But we were looking to get provisions first."

TAG: Bardan_Jusik The Vanguard Coffee_Ninja

OOC: Sorry it's short and late, midterm week is ongoing...

10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I

IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella (NPCs)
    Eventide

In the downed shuttle

"That fits with the ship and the equipment and uniforms we've seen here," Knight Bonaventure seemed to think the box also proved the shuttle was Imperial. "If it's not the real thing from over a century ago, then it must be a very very thorough and detailed hoax, which doesn't make much sense to me, at all. Do your instincts tell you anything about that box? We need to be open to the guidance of the Force in these kinds of situations, but at the same time we need to guard against impulsive actions that can get us killed. Personally, I wouldn't open it until I took a few moments to try to figure out if it's booby-trapped or dangerous, but that could just be me playing the cautious old soldier."

He moved closer, examining the box and the padawan wondered what he was looking for. It was just an old crate. Sealed of course, but nothing that could hurt them. "I have some battlefield experience with booby-traps, so I can try to open it myself, or I can talk you through it if you think you have a knack for this kind of thing and want some hands-on training. It's your choice, and no pressure from me either way."

"Booby traps?" She pointed to it. "On that?!" She exclaimed incredulously before flipping open the clasps that had kept it sealed. A hissing sound escaped the from under the open lid causing her to jump back and fall onto the dust covered deck of the shuttle. "Oh no!" She cried out, wondering what she had done and if she had just gotten herself and Bonaventure killed. The lid of the box meanwhile hinged open, where inside the box were revealed various Imperial rations, meals ready to eat, that had sat untouched in the container for the past century. Cautiously Isabella peaked into the box, before sheepishly declaring. "I'm so sorry. I should have listened. But those....those can't kill us can they?"

In the colonial ruins

The man in the wide brimmed hat smiled sardonically as Nosrep dusted himself off. "Oh, I am sorry sir. I did not see you come in." He raised an eye at the Jedi's attempt to conceal his lightsaber, though he'd met enough Jedi to know one when he saw one.

"I am Semajj, this is Reese." He pulled down his hood, revealing himself to be an Ongree. This climate must have been doing murder to his skin.

"A friend of ours, a Deveronian, came to this planet some days ago..." he explained. "But something odd happened, he's just gone... missing, and we are trying to retrace his steps."

"Perhaps you could help, I don't suppose you have seen him..."

The man gave a low whistle to himself. "Friend of yours went missing huh?" He looked around for a moment. "Well you're not going to find him in that wreck," he pointed off to the crashed Imperial shuttle. "Or in these ruins either. They've both been here a lot longer than a few days." He shook his head and then called out to his companions. "Come on out, they're no danger to us." His announcement led a shaggy brown furred Lasat and a large droid to reveal themselves from their hiding places within the ruins, and though they both had weapons neither seemed to make a hostile move with them, nor would the Jedi discern from them any hostile intent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"I'm N'Danna Solo," he said by way of introduction. "Dr. Solo to my students. I'm a professor of archaeology and xeno-archaeology with the University of Corellia Bella Vistal's College of Natural and Unnatural History." He pointed to the Lasat. "That's Reggie, my pilot." Then he pointed to the droid. "And that's Big X my..."

"Assistant." The droid answered for him as the professor seemed to be searching for the right word. Solo grinned and nodded. "Sounds about right." He turned and winked to the droid before again centering his attention back on Nosrep and Reese. "We've only been here a day or two, hard to keep track of time on this rock."

"For an organic maybe," the droid interrupted. "It's been exactly two d..."

"OK. OK. Been here a couple of days I guess," Solo said sheepishly. "But we've seen no evidence of anyone else." He shrugged apologetically. "We saw your ship coming in and thought we had better take a look. Can't tell you how many times I've had a dig ruined by treasure hunters." He eyed the two carefully. "But you and your friends in the shuttle don't seem the type." The Jedi could clearly feel he was concealing something with that statement but he kept going as he pointed to the south. "Why don't we head back to our camp, and you can fill us in on your missing friend. I might have a theory about your lost friend."

TAG: Sarge, ConservativeJedi321, Darth_Elu, Zurros Ka

IC: Knight Jacen Troi (NPC)
    Blue Moon Cantina, Port Pixelito, Malastare

It was clear to Knight Troi now that the amount of debt incurred by the gambler was something Knight Sadi had not been prepared for. "Most likely that human is rare for his kind." The Jedi spoke first about the pod racer who had won, causing the debt to be incurred in the first place. Troi's chin dropped to his chest as he looked to the floor deep in thought. It was indeed a rare human that could even finish a pod race, much less win..."

"Sorry, I don't have that coin, and I don't kill for money." Knight Sadi suddenly turned away, leaving the bar, and the indebted man to his fate. Knight Troi and padawan Vunn followed him out onto the street though Troi couldn't shake the nagging feeling that they were missing something. Al'kesh had been here, and interacted with these men. Surely the force was trying to tell them something, it couldn't have been a coincidence that these were the first people they had struck up a conversation with.

It was then that Knight Troi's commlink sounded off. Removing it from his belt he brought it to close enough to his ear to listen to. "Crew," the voice of Knight Avarray came through the device, sounding less than happy at the moment. "Where are you, I’ve finished up with the Administrator and I could use a drink." Troi took a moment to look at Knight Sadi and padawan Vunn before answering. "We're just down the street from you, at a place called," he looked up at the garish sign again. "The Blue Moon Cantina." He paused again wondering how much he should say over the comm link, and whether or not any of what he was thinking had any validity to it. "We may have something."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, galactic-vagabond422, CPL_Macja

OOC: Go ahead and link the two groups back up y'all.

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"We were hoping to hunt, sir," Trapper (Knight Liuna) spoke up, steadying the padawan as she did so. "But we were looking to get provisions first." Taab smiled behind his faceplate, at least she was keeping the lie consistent here in the face of multiple distractions. The Mandalorian silently commended her for that as he raised his estimation of her upward a tick or two. Meanwhile the Wookiee who had identified himself as Mooorrr watched his children went off with his father before returning his attention to the travelers. "Hunters?" He barked, paying close attention to Taab once again before turning to the others. "Yes, you're not well equipped for hunt, even that one." He pointed to Taab before scratching his shaggy head. "Head east," he replied warily not sure why he was helping these off worlders. "There's a black market just off the main market called the Smuggler's Den. Find a man named Kla. He can get you any supplies you need."

TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels,

IC: "Bungles" (NPC)
    Smuggler's Den, Kashyyyk

So excited was Bungles at leading his new friend into the Den that he didn't even notice when she slipped out of his grasp though she did continue following him into the Den. "See there's Sleazebaggano the deathstick dealer," Bungles pointed out the Balosar without thinking that Edo couldn't actually see him. "It's a family business for them, comes from a long line of..." He stopped as he pointed out another denizen of the Den as they rushed through to Kla. "Oh, oh and there's Fleis," this time he pointed to a scantily clad female twi'lek. "She can help you find men or women or...whatever, you prefer for your...." he paused again as he started to point out yet another scoundrel but he was interrupted first.

"Are you here in this place much?" They didn't stop moving through the crowd as he answered. "Me? Oh yeah." He sounded excited to be sharing this all with his new friend. "All the best stuff is here, anything you want." They stopped as they came to a cross street and he looked both ways as if trying to figure out which way to go. "Better yet, they buy anything here, so if you come by something you need to sell for quick cash, this is the place!" They took off towards the left down a darkened alleyway before stopping in front of steel doorway set in a large wooden frame. Outside it was standing a gruff looking Gamorrean holding a vibeo axe which snorted at the pair derisively.

"Hey out of the way Porker," Bungles excitement outweighed his fear of the being. "I've got someone who needs to see Kla." The Gamorrean didn't move though and instead just squealed at the pair. Bungles didn't know what he was saying, he never knew what Porker was saying, but it sure didn't seem like he was going to let them inside.

TAG: BookExogorth.

IC: padawan Bovie (NPC)
    Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light freighter, Mandalore sector

The Gran padawan's eyes widened slightly as the old Corellian freighter dropped out of hyperspace. Before them hung the world he had heard so much about but had never visited. A world wreathed in lore and mystery. A world so far from the core, so small in population, and yet one that seemed to always have a disproportional influence on galactic politics. Mandalore. The very name conjured up images of armored warriors and crusaders, bounty hunters and Jedi killers. He glanced to the woman Jedi seated ahead of him, in the co-pilot's seat. This was Knight Cora's world, though he wasn't sure if she knew much more about it than he did. Oh he was sure she had read up on her home planet during her time in the Temple, but did she really know it, as her own people did? He had a feeling they were about to find out.

Bovie breathed out slowly now, he had been unaware that he had been holding his breath. There was a ship, a fighter, fast approaching on the scanner. Their pilot though, Knight Aldor, didn't seem concerned. While Knight Cora had come to forge her own armor and Bovie had come along to observe and learn something about the warrior's mindset, something that still seemed so foreign to him, Knight Aldor had been assigned to pilot the trio to Mandalore and back again to the Temple once Cora's mission was accomplished. Padawan Bovie had a hunch that he was also there to protect them if things got out of hand among the Mandalorians. Someone like Knight Troi, or even Commander Taab may have been better suited to escorting them here. They both hailed from this culture, but neither had seemed eager to return to their hearth world. Though they had both at least given a few pointers before the trio had left.

A quartet of blaster shots across the Champion's nose shook padawan Bovie from his reverie. The fighter was shooting at them! Or was that just a warning shot? The Gran stared out the front windscreen and watched as the fighter looped around them and rocked it's wings from side to side.

[​IMG]

"This is ver'alor (Lieutenant) Czeska of the Mandalorain Protectors," the female voice identified itself as a member of the Mandalorian armed forces. "We don't have a flight plan on file for your craft." The fighter by now had looped back around and was in firing position behind their freighter. "State your intentions."

TAG: TheSilentInfluence, vncredleader

OOC: And a warm welcome to you both to the game! If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you with hopefully coherent answers as soon as I can.

12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Knight Cora
    Kessel Champion, Mandalore Sector

"My name is Knight Cora, I'm seeking entrance onto Mandalore along with my fellow Jedi so that I may learn more about my heritage and forge my beskar." The word sounded foreign on Cora's lips, and she hoped it didn't sound mangled or wrong. It had been fifteen years since she had spoken Mando'a. She let her hand off the com, waiting for a reply and turned around in her seat anxiously.

"If things don't work out. Get back into an escape pod. If you land, find Manda'lor." Cora warned the Padawan carefully. "If we get through, be careful. I've only read about Mandalore. So the real thing is going to be...difficult. Not everyone likes Jedi."

Tag: Bardan_Jusik vncredleader

13. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    IC: Varian Aldor
    Kessle Champion, Mandalore Sector

My grip on the controls tightens slightly "Their weapon systems are still locked on, I am going to try and subtly divert power to aft shields just to be safe. Should I arm weapons?" I ask Cora calmly .

Tag TheSilentInfluence Bardan_Jusik

The Vanguard and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Commander Taab is not aboard the Kessel Champion. Only Knight Aldor, Knight Cora and padawan Bovie are aboard the vessel. The Commander Taab/Knight Troi quoted material is a "flashback" to give context to your group's mission, in essence a bit of backwards RPing done since both of those characters are currently unavailable. Sorry for any confusion.

15. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    OOC: oh thanks, fixed it

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    .IC: Koji Vansyph
    Kachirho Market, Kashyyyk

Koji felt his shoulders relax as the situation de-escalated. His eyes went from a narrow focus to a broad acknowledgement of the situation. Knowing the common temperament possessed by Wookies, he embraced the recovery of the interaction knowing how far south it could have gone.

"Nice work," he said as he approached Liuna and his padawan. Koji looked at Bivi who half expected him to say something about her muffed attempt at peace or her near spill. She was a mess at the moment, but he didn't need to remind her of that. "Master Kasumi always has a way with asking the right questions, don't you think?" He said finally, easing Bivi's momentary anxiety.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Coffee_Ninja Rebecca_Daniels

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Sarge
    Shuttle Interior

"I'm so sorry. I should have listened. But those....those can't kill us can they?"

Isabel's chagrin gave me a chuckle as I inventoried the crate full of MRE's. "Meal no. 7, freeze-dried tauntaun. It won't kill you, but you'll wish you were dead. Tastes like rotisserie mynocks from a dirty street vendor on the wrong side of Nar Shadaa. Meal no. 3, nerf a la king. That one will kill you. It's like roadkill womprat, but without the gastronomic pretension. Ooh, jackpot! No. 4, lean ground bantha patties au jus! I'm keeping this one."

I gave the shuttle one last survey as I stuffed the good ration into my pack. "What was it you said before? 'Booby trap, on that?!' Probably the last words of a lot of people. There's not much point in making a booby trap that looks like a booby trap. It's almost always something totally innocuous, unless it's disguised to look like something too good to resist. Lesson learned, right?"

The Padawan seemed to be taking things in stride and I doubted she'd repeat any mistakes. Time to move on.

"I'm not seeing anything worthwhile in here. Unless your instincts tell you otherwise, I say we declare this area secure and go see if the others have found anything interesting. You good?"

We left the shuttle and returned to the street. The wind was already obscuring the tracks we had made in the dust. "Let's see, if I were an Ongree Jedi investigating nearby buildings, which one would I go to first? Probably that one, with the voices of people talking inside."

TAGS: ConservativeJedi321, Darth_Elu, Zurros Ka

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014

IC: Knight Cora
    Kessel Champion, Mandalore Sector

"Ready the shields but don't arm the weapons." Cora said softly. "We aren't here to pick a fight. I want to see what she says." Cora hesitated for a moment. "Be ready to activate hyper drive if we need it. If we can manage to dodge for a few minutes we can get out of here without using the escape pods."

So, that's Mandalore. It seems...different then the books describe. It looks harsh.

Cora frowned, looking unsure. She clenched and unclenched her fist, trying to remember her breathing exercises.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik vncredleader

19. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    IC Varian Aldor
    Kessel Champion, Mandalore

"Copy that" I say as I take my hand away from the weapon controls and make sure the shields are up. "I can have us out of here in about 2 minutes if anything goes awry". Our master Koji had taught us to be well prepared for this type of situation. I look at the comm to see if Czeska was hailing us yet with a response

Tag TheSilentInfluence Bardan_Jusik

The Vanguard and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  20. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    IC: Liuna Iotasi

This Wookiee took her at her word, thankfully. "Yes, you're not well equipped for hunt, even that one." She had to suppress the urge to correct him, but smiled a bit anyway. If only the Wookiee knew just how prepared they were, there was nothing like having the Force on your side. Although, she considered, if this trip ended up sending them to the Shadowlands, maybe it would be best to leave the Padawan behind, considering she seemed out of her depth in a spaceport.

"Head east. There's a black market just off the main market called the Smuggler's Den. Find a man named Kla. He can get you any supplies you need."

"Thank you," Liuna replied, glancing over her shoulder to catch Taab's eye... or faceplate. "Sounds just like the sort of person we were looking for. We'll get out of your fur and be on our way."

Next to her, she could hear Koji speaking to his Padawan, but she left him to it. Smuggler's Den... that was bound to be interesting, though she doubted they'd find what they were looking for. What were the chances a lightsaber could really have fallen into the hands of criminals like those that would be in such a place? More likely they disassembled it for the crystal, one like those in the heart of a lightsaber could be worth a lot.

"Shall we?" she asked the group as a whole, suddenly antsy to get going. They'd wasted enough time here already.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik The Vanguard Coffee_Ninja

21. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    IC: Kasumi

"There's a black market just off the main market called the Smuggler's Den. Find a man named Kla. He can get you any supplies you need."

Kasumi gave a slight bow for a thank you to the Wookiee who had given them their first lead. So much was going on here....there had to be more to the ripple that she had felt earlier. She had thought maybe that it had come from the Wookiee that they had run into, but no. Could it be coming from the Smuggler's Den? Kasumi went ahead and took a deep breath, grounded herself more with the life Force of the planet, and let her walls down slowly, one by one, with each step that they took. It was a dangerous game she played with this, but if seeing some things through the Force would help them, then she would do what needed to be done.

She could feel the presence of those around her, and most importantly she could feel the life in the trees and the planet itself. She remembered hearing so much about the planet before the war started, but she was never able to visit it before. She was now walking a planets surface that her last master had walked, and on a mission no less important than his.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, The Vanguard

22. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rak Avarray
    Port Pixelito, Malastare

"We're just down the street from you, at a place called," Knight Troi replied. Rak was mildly surprised his wasn't completely drunk by this point. "The Blue Moon Cantina." Rak nodded his head looking about for the sign, or some markings leading him towards the bar. "We may have something." The nomad's brow arched hearing that.

"Good," he replied keeping up his act of being a captain, "we didn't have much luck with the Administrator." He began to make his way down the street casting a look to the city around him. He took a few breaths clearing his mind of the last few moments, running into a relative of one of a fallen friend. It was a surprise that he didn't want to have but, the Force worked in its own ways. He couldn't help but think that there was some reason for that meeting.

He'd have to put that on hold for now. The others had information, information that might be useful.

"On my way."
    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja

23. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    In the colonial ruins

The Ongree observed the human carefully, looking for any sudden shift in behavior or indications he might have something to hide. Even so, Semajj wasn't one to invade someone's privacy, especially as the man did not appear hostile. Instead he just maintained an extra awareness if his surroundings, and a careful eye on the individual.
    "Friend of yours went missing huh? Well you're not going to find him in that wreck, Or in these ruins either. They've both been here a lot longer than a few days."

The man didn't appear to be in any sort of rush. He paced his words in such a way that that almost seemed sarcastic to the Ongree. But then again he was never very good at reading the tone of strangers.

"We couldn't be sure if he had travelled through here, so we were simply looking for clues." He tried to explain, though the man appeared indifferent to his words.
    "Come on out, they're no danger to us."
    He called out to his still hidden companions. Good, Semajj thought, now that they were out in the open it created a somewhat more trusting atmosphere.
    One was a Lasat, curious as in Semajj's research they rarely left their home world, he didn't bother asking, as he figured it didn't much matter.
    The other a droid.

"I'm N'Danna Solo,"

The Human continued. The name gave the Jedi pause, as he briefly contemplated if he had any relation to the historical Rebel alliance General Han Solo. Again he did not speak up, as he did not want to be rude.

"Dr. Solo to my students. I'm a professor of archaeology and xeno-archaeology with the University of Corellia Bella Vistal's College of Natural and Unnatural History."

Yes, so they were part of the archaeology team they had heard of during their research. Of Corellia as well, hm, he suppose that might have just answered his question for him. Not that he could be positive, he wasn't quite sure how common a sir name 'Solo' was on Corellia.

He proceeded to introduce his the Lasat as his pilot, named Reggie, and the droid as 'Big X' who immediately clarified that he was his assistant. Though there was a curious winking, and the way he said "Sounds about right."
    caused Semajj to glance at Reese for a moment. He sensed no deceit. But then again, if this was a relative of the Han Solo, he probably wouldn't. It just seemed odd to him. Especially as the machine carried a blaster of his own, such a weapon seemed strange in the hands of a simple 'assistant'.

The Ongree wouldn't jump to conclusions though. He maintained calm features, not that anyone unaccustomed to his species features could tell. After Solo and the droid stopped bickering about the time they had spent on this rock, they got back on topic.
    "We saw your ship coming in and thought we had better take a look. Can't tell you how many times I've had a dig ruined by treasure hunters. But you and your friends in the shuttle don't seem the type"

There was certainly an undertone of deceit in the way he phrased that last sentence. Had he picked up on the fact that they were Jedi? Semajj chose to step around the topic; if it was to be an open secret he still felt no need to dwell on it. He stepped forward and spread his arms in a human sign of openness. "It is nice to meet all of you. Worry not, we have no need for such trinkets. All we desired was to learn what our friend was doing here, and possibly where he might have gone after leaving."

Ok, that was certainly a lie of omission Semajj acknowledged to himself. They couldn't even be sure Al'Kesh had made it this far. He had no reason to doubt Solo's story, especially as they had seen it mentioned on the holonet before their departure. But the Jedi felt the need to ensure this... curious, group had no ulterior motives before he was completely open with them.

Solo seemed willing to discuss it at least. "Why don't we head back to our camp, and you can fill us in on your missing friend. I might have a theory about your lost friend."
    A theory is a good place to start. Perhaps this wasn't a wasted trip after all.
    "We would be very thankful for whatever help you may have."
    The Ongree directed his next comment towards Reese, who had been quietly watching the whole ordeal.
    "Perhaps it would be prudent to pick Sarge and Isabella up at the wreck before we go?"
    It really wasn't a question, the answer was obvious.
    They both sensed the two were already searching for them.
    So off they went, on another trail, leading who knows where.

Tags: Bardan_Jusik, Sarge, Zurros Ka

Bardan_Jusik and Sarge like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I

IC: Knight Reese/padawan Isabella (NPCs)
    Eventide

"Let's see, if I were an Ongree Jedi investigating nearby buildings, which one would I go to first? Probably that one, with the voices of people talking inside." Padawan Isabella smiled at the easy going way Knight Bonaventure not only admonished her gently for her mistakes but looked out for the others as well. It gave her confidence, and not so afraid of making mistakes. She giggled as she followed him to where the voices were coming from, the strangeness of this place forgotten for now. they entered a building occupied by the Jedi and three others, a human, a Lasat and a droid just as Knight Nosrep was speaking.

"Perhaps it would be prudent to pick Sarge and Isabella up at the wreck before we go?" Isabella giggled again. "Or we can come find you!" She nearly shouted. The human looked askance at her and rolled his eyes as Knight Reese came forward and made introductions before finishing. "Professor Solo..."

"N'Danna, please."

"...has a theory regarding our missing friend. We're headed back to his camp to discuss it." Isabella looked at Knight Bonaventure wondering what he would think of the idea, though it seemed the decision had already been made. The group started off, headed south with N'danna out in front followed closely behind by the Lasat, Reggie. The Jedi were grouped in the middle with the droid hanging back behind everyone else. "Don't mind him, he's paranoid." N'Danna told them all before laying out his theory as they walked.

"Not much is known about this place folks, I'm surprised your friend even found it." He told them as if teaching a class. "Old rumors of hauntings and disappearances are most of what shows up in most of the records I found before coming here." He stopped and removed his hat, wiping sweat from his brow as he led on. "Back before the Clone Wars the Republic set up a small colony here, it didn't go too well for them and it was abandoned before the War started, not much ever got put into the records as to why." He explained further. "It's a mystery, but one of thousands in this galaxy, not really one I ever thought about exploring either." He got a strange, almost wistful, look on his face as they continued on. "But I found an old journal a few months ago in the UCBV library and it got me wondering..." He paused again. "Journal belonged to Jo'ann, a little girl, nine years old when the colony was founded. Told a story in there about her mother hearing voices and then going missing. How her father and the others looked all over for her but never found her." He winked to Isabella now. "Good story right?" He nodded as if answering his own question. "But nothing too get too excited about, right?" He nodded again in the same manner as before. "Well that's when Big X back there collated the numbers of the colonists that set up the colony and those that returned, and there are a whole lot more than that missing."

"17 by my count," the Droid's voice carried over the wind from the back of the group.

"Right, 17. And no accounting of them, no listing of them as lost or dead or...anything. Just no mention of them coming back at all." He frowned, "Now that I found interesting." He shrugged. "So I looked at it further and all the records I can piece together on this place indicate the same thing, mysterious, spooky..."

"Haunted." Reggie chimed in with a tinge of fear in his voice though N'Danna ignored him.

"...and folks going missing. My gut tells me there is something here causing that, something...unnatural." He stopped for a moment as they came upon the camp, it wasn't much a fire pit, and a couple of rolled up sleeping mats hanging from the landing struts of an ancient looking YT-1300 light freighter. "I bet if we find whatever that something is, we find your friend. So..whadya..."

He was interrupted by padawan Isabella pointing to a small mound nearby. "What...what is that?" N'Danna looked amused for a moment at the interruption and even more so as he saw what she was
    pointing towards. "You got good instincts kid." She smiled in return though she didn't look away from the mound, she was drawn to it like a moth to a flame she took a hesitant step forward and stopped.

"That's an old shrine of some sort, been here a lot longer than the coony." He noticed her odd reaction so turned to the others and explained. "Found a bunch of them scattered up and down the HZ. Most are intact, but some aren't." He looked back at her. "That one's intact, but pretty well picked over before I got here. Still there's evidence of ritual sacrifice there, burn pits on the other side of the altar and so forth." She still wasn't paying attention to him which irked him but he went on as if giving a lecture. "Bone fragments in those show something medium sized was sacrificed." He held up his hands at the height of his own head and gave a wink to the Jedi.

"Even with the degradation I can say for certain the bones were not human. The bone density was well off." Big X interjected as N'danna nodded along.

"They haven't been used in over a hundred years as far as I can tell, and none of the toppled ones show any sign of sacrifices being performed there. They're..."

"Creepy. That's what they are." It was Reggie's turn to interrupt to which N'Danna let out an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes once again but padawan Isabella wasn't paying attention, in fact she had barely heard a word they had said. The whispers that no one else could hear had returned, and now she could barely make out what they were saying. They wanted her to go to the shrine, it would lead the way.

"We have time, wanna check it out?"

TAG: Sarge, ConservativeJedi321, Darth_Elu, Zurros Ka

IC: Knight Jacen Troi/Master Elim Rand (NPCs)
    Blue Moon Cantina, Port Pixelito, Malastare

"On my way." Knight Avarray answered over the comm line, with what Knight Troi felt was a heaviness to his voice. Had something happened in the admin's office to discourage him? If so he hoped that his feeling regarding the men they had met inside the Cantina panned out. As they waited the Mandalorian Knight looked to his companions. The padawan had stayed silent throughout the investigation so far, content it seemed to have the more experienced Knights lead the way. It was good Troi thought that the padawan seemed to know his place, though he would prefer if Vunn showed just a bit more spirit. Not too much of course, or else he would have to be put back in his place. The Jedi allowed a slight smile to creep onto his face at that thought but dropped it as soon as he saw Avarray come into view with Masters Rand and Decinchi a few steps behind. Rand, as ever, seemed his contemplative yet mirthful self. Meanwhile the former grand master seemed ill at ease with himself. Troi hardly knew him, but he suspected that this wasn't normal behavior for the man, at least it hadn't always been that way for him. Perhaps their lack of progress was weighing on him as well. Perhaps Troi's news would cheer him up as well.

Troi frowned now as he looked to Knight Sadi. The Kage Jedi didn't seem to put the same value on what they had learned as Troi did, maybe Troi was wrong. If so, then their lack of progress thus far would further dampen the mood. Perhaps Sadi was simply playing it cool, so as to not arouse the suspicion of the men inside the bar. Troi hoped so, he wanted a lead to follow as much as any of them.

Troi gave a slight nod to Avarray, Rand and Decinchi as the two groups met on the street outside the Blue Moon Cantina. "Skipper," he smiled as he greeted Avarray but it was master Rand who responded first. "So, what have you found?" Troi looked around, making sure no one was close enough on the moderately busy street to overhear them before divulging his information. "Couple of guy's inside shared a few drinks with Kn..." He caught himself. "With Al'kesh." Rand nodded along though it was clear he wasn't impressed. "And?" Flustered Troi continued on. "Seems he gave them some betting advice on a pod race," Troi didn't mention that the advice wasn't taken, the man's debt didn't seem particularly relevant after all. "Said he had a sense of who would win, and he was right."

Rand frowned at that, he didn't approve of casually using the force to give gambling advice. "I don't see how..." Now it was Troi who was irritated. "You didn't let me finish." Rand sighed and waited. "The winning racer, the one he advised a wager on, the one he had a feeling about is a human." He smiled as though the answer should be obvious now.

"A human?" Rand asked clearly surprised. "He must have Jedi reflexes. I can't recall ever hearing of a human winning a pod race."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Master Vo'Un'Var, galactic-vagabond422, CPL_Macja

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Shall we?" Trapper (Knight Iotasi) asked the others impatiently while Knight Vansyph reassured his padawan. "Right, let's get going," Taab answered as he again led the away party through the crowded towards the Smuggler's Den. To the Jedi who had opened themselves to it, they would have felt the Mandalorian's sense of recognition at hearing the name of the arms merchant, Kla. While those with a deeper understanding of the force and attuned to Taab's often violent mood swings would have registered even more than that, a familiarity with the name, bordering on a sort of perverse amusement, though as yet he didn't give voice to his feelings.

Instead he led them through the market as if he knew (mostly) where he was going. Pausing every now and again to get his bearings and make sure the others were keeping up. Turning down an alley he spoke in a low voice. "We're entering the den now, keep hold of your valuables." He warned before giving them a brighter bit of news. "Kla won't be far."

TAG: The Vanguard, Coffee_Ninja, Rebecca_Daniels

IC: ver'alor Czeska
    Hawk 8-7, Mandalore system

"My name is Knight Cora, I'm seeking entrance onto Mandalore along with my fellow Jedi so that I may learn more about my heritage and forge my beskar." The words coming through the comm system in Czeska's buy'ce (helmet) disgusted her, and it wasn't only the sloppy accent that mangled the speaker's mando'a. No it was something else in the message.

Jetiise? Czeska thought to herself. She had been hoping for smugglers (those she could fire upon for force down at her discretion), or even bounty hunters (which would have required a little more digging), but jetiise? Ugh. And the pilot of the freighter had mentioned having to forge her armor. That meant she was a Mandalorian Jedi returning to her clan. Czeska's fists balled in anger.

How could any clan allow one of their own to run off and join the Jedi? Her lip curled behind her faceplate, yes it had been done in the distant past, by none other than one of those scum from clan Vizsla. Even now the leaders of that House sought out the relics of the past in an effort to control Mandalore's future. More recently there were rumors that one of the clan Kor'le girls had run off and joined the Jedi, though Czeska didn't put much stock in those rumors. They had been old family friends and she had never seen any indication that one of the two sisters was a fledgling Jedi. Such was the way of rumors, they seldom made sense. shab, her own father, still mourning the loss of her mother, had gone missing at around the same time as the Kor'le homestead had been burned to the ground, and he certainly had not run off to join the jetiise, she was certain of that.

She looked out at the cargo hauler. They had raised their shields, but her guns were trained on it, just a press of the trigger and these Jedi would never stick their noses where they didn't belong again. No, she thought to herself as she shook her head slightly. That wasn't the honorable way to do things, besides Mand'alor Karr had made it clear that peace was to be maintained between the Triumvirate and Mandalore. That meant placating these Jedi.

"Very well, do not deviate from your current course," Czeska checked, it seemed they were headed to the northern wild lands. That was very near her own old homestead, and near the old Kor'le one as well. She wondered now if perhaps there was some validity to the old rumors now as she continued to escort the old vessel in.

IC: padawan Bovie (NPC)
    Aboard the Kessel Champion, YT-2000 light, Mandalore sector

"If things don't work out. Get back into an escape pod. If you land, find Manda'lor." The Gran padawan nodded his head cautiously at Knight Cora's instructions, trying to control his fear. "If we get through, be careful. I've only read about Mandalore. So the real thing is going to be...difficult. Not everyone likes Jedi." That became readily apparent at the report from their pilot, Knight Aldor.

"Their weapon systems are still locked on, I am going to try and subtly divert power to aft shields just to be safe. Should I arm weapons?" His voice was calm, which helped to steady Bovie's nerves somewhat. If the Knights felt everything was going to be OK, then he probably should too.

"Ready the shields but don't arm the weapons." Cora said softly. "We aren't here to pick a fight. I want to see what she says." There was a moment of hesitation. "Be ready to activate hyper drive if we need it. If we can manage to dodge for a few minutes we can get out of here without using the escape pods." That seemed like a much better idea to Bovie, he didn't much like the idea of taking refuge on a hostile world.

"Very well, do not deviate from your current course." The female pilot's voice came through very matter of factly through the comm system. It didn't take a Jedi to know that she wasn't happy about the situation, her voice inflection alone indicated that. But the fighter stayed dutifully above and behind the Kessel Champion as it entered the atmosphere. Most of the planet below them was a wasteland. Deserts of the toxic and non toxic variety, neither of which would do much to support life. The Mandalorians that lived there lived in carefully managed domed cities, but to the north, where the Champion was headed was snow covered woodlands. Bovie knew from his readings that the Mandalorians that lived here were sometimes called "the wildmen", even by fellow Mandalorians. There was no telling what they would think of a party of visiting Jedi.

Bovie strained to look through the forward cockpit, there was some sort of settlement down there now, probably their destination. But coming up towards them were a trio of small fuzzy dots. Dots that soon resolved themselves as people, armored people with jetpacks. Behind them the fighter waggled it's wings one last time before accelerating up and away from the freighter, clawing it's way back into space. Meanwhile the comm system became alive once again, this time with a message from one of the Mandalorians jetpacking around the vessel.

"aliit Itera keldab," the harsh words came over the comm gear in mando'a. Bovie wasn't sure but if they were following normal procedures they were identifying themselves. "Tion gar gai?" It was clearly a question, followed by another rapidly thereafter. "Me'copaani?"

TAG: TheSilentInfluence, vncredleader

OOC: Going with a "hybrid" approach here regarding Mandalore, combining Legends and the NuCanon. So most of the planet is wasteland desert but with some snowy woodland in the northern areas of the planet where some of the "wilder" clans hang out. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.