Orlando, FL Legacy of the Sith First Chromakey Tests

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Rogue428, Mar 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue428 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, I know I promised this while ago..but my web hosting service was having serious issues. Now I am back up and finally able to host these. I also started a new Legacy of the Sith page so we can post tests and progress notes.

LOTS Status Page

These are just a few quick test clips to see if the bluescreen footage would work. And it does! The clips are in Quicktime Sorenson 3 codec, so you will need the new Quicktime viewer to see them.

Both files are around 500K. Here you go.

[image=http://www.apocprod.com/images/LOTS/buzz1jpg_small.jpg]
    Buzz Tie Pilot test

[image=http://www.apocprod.com/images/LOTS/stormdaryl_small.jpg]
    Gita Trooper test
  2. Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Great work, guys!
    (Although, of course, it's impossible to determine how convincing it "really" is as a smallish compressed .mov).

The pullout from the TIE cockpit is amazing. However, since the pilot wasn't shot with a fisheye lens the way the animation "was", I don't think such a shot would work for the trailer unless we can get a similar lens for the XL1 (or just flatten the lens distortion of the animation a bit).

Again, good job!!

3. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
    I've seen those before...and gosh darn it, they're just amazing every time!
  4. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm here to add the somber and ugly news. (My role in life).

I think we need to reshoot the live footage. Sorry to say, we just didn't have the right setup for the test shots. They were very, very useful and were definitely a good investment in time but the footage we came away with greatly limits what we can do. I got the bluescreen a couple of weeks ago and am expecting the stand within a week. The primary shortfall remains our limited number of lights. I haven't gotten those yet because I had to pay for a new manifold for the mustang. I'm looking at getting the rest on payday.

On the brighter side, the background models have come along far nicer than I thought they would. I've totally abandoned the idea of doing any live city shots with the troopers. The jungle battle will be an outdoor shoot but the city and garrison shots will all be bluescreen.

Jay,

The final shot will work well with a flat plate. Mike rendered this out differently than the final version will be. The end shot will have the same aspect ratio for the CG that is used in the live action. Also, how is the physcial X-wing model coming along? Just curious.

Ken,

How is the pilot costume coming along? Can we shoot those sequences fairly soon? Mike and I ran through some draft ideas on paper a few weeks ago and pretty well worked out a way to get the X-wing pilot into the X-wing model for a flyby shot with the pilot fully visible. Don delivered the higrade X-wing model. I'll render it up and post a shot.

Buzz,

I built a balcolny to the Sith Temple for an additional shot for the Sith Lord.

Mike,

The site rework looks great! Very impressive.

Ia,

If you're ghosting, do you want to add any senators, etc. to the mix.

Sandy
  5. Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Knight

star 1
    The physical X-wing is still a bunch of model parts on trees in their respective donor kit boxes. I haven't yet finished amassing kits and research. I'm a good year away from anything to look at.

I *am*, though, nearly finished with my X-Wing helmet made from a real APH-6. Just a little more filling and sanding to do, then the blue/grey paintjob you asked for. It'll have custom deco--no Reb symbols.

Again, Mike, GREAT job on the tests!

6. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love being a good looking guy!
    Seriously though.. let me know when you want to do the reshoot. I'll be there.
    I attended an acting workshop the other day, and my biceps are getting a little more toned. I should look fairly adequate for the Sith Scenes.
    Do you have any composites done for the Balcony?
  7. Rogue428 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Jay, these actually hold up pretty well. the full render is at 720 x 480. Looks great. There is a starfield behind the Tie-Fighter that you can't see due to the compression.

Thanks.
  8. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just posted pics of my Sith suit on my site. While my garb looks the same my hair is significantly shorter, and my 'stache is full grown. I'm working on getting my arms bigger too.
    Buzz

My Dark Jedi Garb
  9. Cigam Retah Force Ghost

star 5
  10. Sandy Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, wait. He was supposed to be a good guy!

Sandy
  11. SeaTrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.