main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGACY question. What is better?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Hey guys, I want a bit advice. I’ve found a big lot of Legacy that collects 1-50 of them. (All of them except war) It’s for a decent price, I have enough for it, so money isn’t EXACTLY the issue. But I’m not sure if I should go with that way, or just get them in collected issues. I figured I better get them soon, with the new series coming in march.

Here’s the thing. I’m stuck and have no clue what to get. The Individual Issues would be great for my comic collection and I love all the covers of them, both to mention it would probably be quicker to get them all in one group. But on the other side collected issues can be shared with friends, and I may have a bit extra money to get those Ninja Turtle action figures I had my eyes on for about a year now.

So this is where you guys come in. I want to know YOUR opinion on this matter, like what is more enjoyable, rewarding, has better quality, and which is worth buying.

All help is appreciated.

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'd probably be no help since I've gone digital with my comics. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages- having every issue means you get to see every cover, but then you'll run into the occasional coloring or scripting error that is probably fixed in the trade. Also, having trades is a bit neater and takes up slightly less space, and they last longer than individual issues, especially if you're gonna be sharing those issues with friends.

3. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I prefer individual issues. They "feel" better than TPB's and I like having a ton of individual issues, as opposed to only having a handful of TPB's. However, single issues do take up more space and can get wrecked easier.

Either way, if you don't own the series buy that lot of 50 issues!

--Adm. Nick

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I think I heard something about the first Legacy Omnibus happening in the near future, but I'm not certain. If so, I'd say wait for those.

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    An omnibus? Those collect all the issues in hardcover, right? If so, I might buy that just so that I have the entire series in one convenient spot. That way my singles issues can remain in perfect condition.

--Adm. Nick

6. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Idg the appeal of buying single issues once the trade's already out. It's like paying for ads and flimsy binding.

7. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    An an individual issues guy who likes to have different covers on display around the house at different times.

8. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    No, that has never been said. People have just been wishing. This year will see the classic stuff reprinted, so an Omnibus-waiter would have to wait for at least next year.

As one who only buys Omnibuses I have no opinion about issues vs trades. I have actually never seen a single SW issue. But look for how much the trades cost and then decide whichever you want.

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I have both - the individual issues and the collected trades - and it's really a matter of personal preference and money. For me, the collected issues are easier to keep up with and they're sturdier (paper is thicker, etc). Issues 1-50 would cost around $150.00 retail, so if you can get a good deal and like single comics, then that might work out better for you.

10. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Buy the issues. No SW comic reading experience is complete without the letters from Lars Meyer, Germany.

11. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Yea, the Collected issue is $149, and all are first prints. Just curious, are the front covers of each issue on the inside of the TPB?

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    The individual covers are in some of the TPBs, but not all of them.

13. DarthApprentice

DarthApprentice Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2011
    Im a individual issue kinda guy and say go for the 1-50 group. If only for the "originality" of the comic book experience. Personal preference, I guess.

14. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Yeah, I eBayed all of the original Dark Empire and Tales of the Jedi issues, and it was a really cool reading experience. DE had the endnotes, and TOTJ had a fan letter printed from Curtis Saxton. Coupled with the advertisements and the editor's notes and stuff, it felt like being transported back in time to the early nineties. I was a big comics (albeit Marvel) fan back then, so it was really nostalgic.