main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Legacy Spoilers Allowed] Theories, Speculation, Etc. About a Certain Imperial Agent

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Merkurian , Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    How about a thread to discuss Morrigan Corde/Nyna Calixte, her timeline of activities & relationships, her motivations, etc.

For starters, I?ve been re-reading some back issues, and I have a personal theory regarding why, given who she?s connected to, she went along with the Sith alliance proposal.

She?s aware that once the Sith ask something of you, saying no and living are two mutually exclusive concepts. Dead, the Sith stay hidden long enough to assassinate Kol and Cade, and/ or they go ahead with their plans anyway in connection with someone less capable of manipulating them out of existence. Alive, she can scheme to save her family and maneuver Emperor Fel into being a gigantic pain in Krayt?s posterior.

Thoughts? Other ideas for discussion?

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    She might have loved Kol, and might have some love for Cade, but as Cade said, she thought about herself first and foremost. I'm thinking she did what she did in order to depose Fel and gain control of the Empire. But she wouldn't have obvious control. Someone, like Veed, would be on the throne, and she would have control over Veed. Or at the very least, be able to manipulate him. No one would know that she was the real power behind the throne - not even Veed.

After what happened in the Tatooine arc, I think she has been forced to acknowledge that the damage she had done to Cade - leaving his father, not being there for him, aiding Krayt in taking over the Empire and destroying the Jedi Order - was irreparable. Her comment about wondering why did she have kids - lady, ever think they turned out the way they did because of your actions and inactions?

3. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    I think she made the best of a bad situation.

She always had aspirations of being one of the top people in the Empire. She would've been fine with Fel as Emperor and her being the highest Moff. Then the Sith showed up and she had to do damage control the best she could. She told Fel of the Sith usurping him so that he could eventually be able to regain his throne and control of the galaxy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.