main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Legacy" TPM AU fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rhui Chatar, Sep 10, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhui Chatar

Rhui Chatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 1999
    9/1 - Allegiance

As Qui-Gon turned to leave the room where he and Obi-wan had met with the six members of the council, he felt that Ki-Adi Mundi, at least, sould call him back to give him direction in the investigation but he felt nothing from any of them, except Obi-wan. Qui-Gon was disappointed. Did they really want him to continue the investigation? It seems there was little real support for it and why had they given Anakin to Obi-wan? And the knighting, too many things were being done outside of Jedi tradition. That in and of it self was not too alarming, but that he was not being offered any explanation for it, that was not the way things had happened in the past. When Qui-Gon had blurred the lines of tradition before he was always strongly reminded of it and great effort made to explain why the traditions were important. They defined the Jedi. It was who they were. Here things were different and he was not being told why. In the past he had always been able to puzzle out the motives of the council.  He could  read between the lines and use his abilities to see what their real intentions were.  But this was baffling.   They were deliberatley keeping things from him.  He did like it.

Again the questions were coming far faster than the answers. He needed time to put all this in perspective and there was never enough of that. He returned to the rooms he shared with Obi-wan and busied himself with organizing the few belongings that he had with him.   He didn't know where he was going but felt he would not being staying here too long. He'd wait for Obi-wan to return and then contact Ki-Adi to tell him that he had some COM log indications of where events here were being directed from. Perhaps he would gain some insight into the situation from Ki-Adi's reaction to this information.
    He also had to contact the Kadwyri. They'd be waiting. What would he tell them? Rhayna was wrong about him getting his answers from council. She may have more info then he did concerning what was happening. And if Durgan had really been posing as Nakai for all this time how could the council not know of it?

Obi-wan sadly watched Qui-Gon go.  He wondered just what his last remark had meant,  he was wondering about alot of things just now but he didn't have time to wonder for long. Yoda called his attention back to the moment. The ritual for taking a Padawan was completed right then and there in the room with all present.

"Obi-wan Kenobi, return to the temple with the council members you will. Speak of this later we will." Yoda said and dismissed them with a nod.

Obi-wan and Anakin headed off to their quarters to get ready to leave with the council. "Obi-wan sir, do I call you Master now?" asked Anakin.

"Yes Anakin, I guess you do. Although, I can't say I'm very comfortable with it. We'll both have to get used to it. " Obi-wan said reflecting back to his own first days with Qui-Gon.

"Obi- Master, why wouldn't they let Qui-Gon train me? Did I do something wrong? I mean, I thought he wanted to." Anakin asked not worried or hurt but just curious.

"I don't know Ani, I know he did want to train you, very badly. Maybe that's why they wouldn't let him. We can ask him about it, I'm sure he'll explain it." Obi-wan said speculating himself as they walked.

They went into their rooms to find Qui-Gon deep in thought gazing out the window. Obi-wan sadly realized he was not able to feel Qui-Gon's presence before he entered the room. Qui-Gon turned and smiled at him understanding his new isolation.

"Master, I didn't know. Why are they doing this?" Obi-wan blurted out.

"Just Qui-Gon now, Obi-wan. Why didn't you ask them? You're a knight now and have that right. You've certainly seen exactly how it's done often enough." Qui-Gon looked at him from the corner of his eye smiling.
    "Something is happening and someone wants me plainly left out of it. I can't fathom why just yet but I'm  it's not totally related to Anakin. I must talk with Ki-Adi and see if anything can be learned there. When will you be returning to the temple?" he as

2. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    wooo whoooo!

opening: Qui Gon is blind because the council is keeping info from him, which contrasts to the previous chapter where the council is blind because the insist on acting blind!

Your Ani is coming off like a real child, btw.

Closing: how parallel are the 3 to the Jedi council? They are willing to bully Qui Gon? Can anyone bully Qui Gon?

I'm looking forward to it!

3. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    9/2

Qui-Gon went to the garden where he and Ki-Adi had agreed to meet. He quickly scanned the interior noting all possible exits and the life forms within. Ki-Adi was not here yet. Nothing threatening was present. He went in and went to a corner where he could observe the entrance and sat in the grass breathing in the fragrances around him.

It was a very pleasant place to be right now. He needed some peace. He let his mind wander just a little. He could feel the Kadwyri through the bond, planning, anxious, busy with preparations, most likely for their departure. He could no longer feel Obi-wan. The loss sadden him, but he had no time now to grieve. He could feel the garden, breathing, growing, content with itself. He shared in that contentment.

Ki-Adi finally appeared and seeing him turned walking toward him. Qui-Gon moved to get up and Ki-Adi motioned for him stay as he was. He came and just stood near Qui-Gon looking around, feeling the garden as well.

"Being here now," he said wearily, "who would believe the darkness to come. Yet we must. You were surprised by the council today?" Ki-Adi asked.

"Yes, they're shutting me out, not that that hasn't happened before, but this time I really don't understand why. Anakin has something to do with it, but there is more to it than that." Qui-Gon mused as he watched a snail moving slowly along a blade of grass in front of him.

"The return of the Sith is no small thing. The council is greatly concerned but divided as to what path of action to take." Ki-Adi moved to sit on a stone bench next to him. "The transport vehicle was tracked for some distance but lost. I have no other information other than the control board that you brought to us. It does indeed track force sensitives. This means that the owner of this technology can detect any Jedi. The council is curious as to how you came to be in possession of this, as am I."

"I told the council, It was taken from a strange probe droid on Tatooine. They know I can?t lie to them or you. What more do you want of me? Is the council questioning my loyalty now as well as my judgement?" Qui-Gon replied bristling at the idea.

"Peace, Qui-Gon Jinn, I have no doubts about your motives. But I feel I'm not hearing all that I may need to hear from you. You see, I too know the value of not revealing all before it is needed. I can keep my own counsel when it serves me to do so. Do you have anything else to share concerning the Sith that attacked you?" Ki-Adi asked casually gazing out over the garden, waiting for his reply.

Qui-Gon studied his face, hoping for a hint of where to go next in this strange conversation.
    "Ki-Adi, what do you know of the prophecy of the arrival of Chosen One and the Dark time that follows? What does it say to you about the future after the restoration of balance?"
    Qui-Gon went back to watching the snail again while he waited for an answer. Feeling a curious attraction to it and how it relentlessly moved along the grass.

"Ah?" he nodded as he paused to consider his words carefully, "After the Chosen One restores balance there will be a time of nothingness, preparing for the new beginning. And then a new cycle will start as it always does. That is what is says to me. Kir-Den Nakai and I have spoken of it often. What does it mean to you Qui-Gon Jinn?" he asked looking down at him.

Qui-Gon abruptly turned to look at him. "Nakai is alive then?"

"Perhaps, no one has heard from him in these many cycles now. I do not feel confident that this means he's dead. He could be doing his 'research' still," Ki-Adi tilted his head and smiled at him.

Ki-Adi Mundi knew about Durgan.  Qui-Gon studied him again, then looked hard at the snail again to stall while he absorbed the full impact of this new information. He didn't like these subtle political conversations.

He decided to go right to the heart of it and look for hints of things that wanted to remain hidden. "There is evidence in the COM logs that orders were coming here from Coruscant during the communications black out. The Federation would be taking their orders

4. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    More Story! More Story!

5. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    10/1 - Hunted
    Lohane went to bathe leaving Durgan, sitting gazing at the closed door that Rhayna and Qui-Gon had just passed through. Lohane was concerned by the distant look on Durgan's face. It wasn't like Durgan. He wasn't given to bouts of contemplation like he himself was. The situation was plainly weighing heavily on him. He'd made a note to talk Rhayna.

Lohane called to him from the bath, "Durgan, get some food out, we may as well eat before we leave. I'll even eat your rahsa if you make some."

Durgan sighed and brought his attention back to the present.  He went to set the food out.
    Lohane returned with his long, dark hair wet and started putting it into the customary braids that  Nafieri wear under shabbas.
    He looked over to Qui-Gon's pack and remarked, "Travels light, doesn't he."

Durgan just looked at the pack and grunted as he set the food on the table. As he went to take his turn in the bath he said to Lohane, "See that you leave some this time. Rhayna hasn't eaten  and I don't know if Qui-Gon cares for rahsa- mine or anyone else's. Mind the dampeners."

He took the rest of his clothes off slowly and noticed he was very tired, not from anything physical that he'd done, it was the strain of the circumstances wearing on him. He was still trying to grasp what the new arrangement would mean. Children, the concept was not foreign to him, but what would they do with them? How could they do their work and raise children? It was Rhayna's problem. She would have to find a way, she always did.
    And what of Qui-Gon?  Once he had played his part would he continue to stay with them? He made it clear he was still bound to the Jedi. But had been said before Qui-Gon understood just what the outcome of accepting the bond meant. Did Jedi have children? There were always at the temple but it was not clear to whom they belonged. Ki-Adi had never mentioned it. Of course, it hadn't really come up in conversation before either. He would put the questions before him in future.

He went to the table to eat. He was embarrassed to find himself looking at the closed door again. Qui-Gon was inadvertly broadcasting.  Rhayna was attempting to suppress it but Qui-Gon was strong and she was occupied with maintaining her own controls. He and Lohane would  be disturbed by the proceedings unless steps were taken, from inside the room, at least.  Durgan was beginning to realize he was already disturbed without this added burden and he shouldn't have been. He finished his food and continued to dress while trying to put his feelings in order.

"I'm tired Lohane, braid for me?" Durgan asked as finished putting his boots on. Lohane had been making crystals and stopped to study Durgan. It was unusual for him to admit to fatigue even if he was about to fall over from it.

"Durgan?" he asked, "You're concerned for Rhayna. It'll be fine. I'm in a position to know.  But he could be quieter about it. I suppose I've got it coming."

"It's not concern for Rhayna that's your area. It's him. If he'd tried to leave I didn't want to stop him. Must be the bond;  I'm not used to it yet. I don't like to feel that hesitation." Durgan said reflecting.
    Durgan had learned long ago to never hesitate, it would get you killed. To feel it now was very disturbing. Was he getting soft? Did they no longer see enough combat for him to retains his edge? He would test himself with Qui-Gon on the upcoming journey. There would be time then.

"Maybe it's what he wants, had you thought about that?" Lohane said quietly glancing back to the closed door.
    Durgan had thought this too and Lohane knew it at once from the look on his face.

The room was close and warm. The curtains were drawn to keep the daylight soft.
    Qui-Gon and Rhayna studied one another, each wanting answers to questions that time would not allow. Rhayna wanted to dispense with formalities and just do what needed to be done, but not at the cost of offending this man. Considering their past encounters, he had been patient, although firm, about what they had asked of him. The task its

6. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    WOW! Good show! WOW WOW WOW!

Well. I don't have any idea what' what's going to happen next. I don't even have a guess. Children? Qui Gon & children? I like this alternate universe!!!!!! (Suddenly I want to trust the 3.)

Thanks RC!

7. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    keep pushing me Eowyn, I need the momentum I can get... thanks
    10/2 Hunted

Durgan was busy at the COM console once again dressed as a fully armed Nafieri. Black robes with the blue shabba and over tunics that identified them and merchants.

Lohane was still eating. He offered some to Qui-Gon, who sat and tried some of the rahsa that Durgan had made earlier. When Rhayna emerged dressed they gathered up the baggage and headed for the transport, everyone carrying something except Durgan.

Bringing up the rear, he said to Qui-Gon, "You may want to contact Ki-Adi before we leave. It will be the last time to safely do so. Our destination is filed as passing close to the sector where the Sith transport was last seen. Informing Ki-Adi will keep up appearances."

Qui-Gon nodded, "I'll contact Ki-Adi and Obi-Wan. I need to remind Obi-Wan that he must not mention you to the council and that Ki-Adi knows how to reach me."

Durgan nodded and watched Lohane and Rhayna board while he scanned the landing hangar for anything out of the ordinary. As Qui-Gon took out his communicator Durgan touched his arm and warned, "He's not alone, be careful what you say."

Qui-Gon looked curiously at Durgan for a moment and then turned back to the communicator. "Obi-Wan," he waited,
    "Yes Master? Qui-Gon?" the reply came after a slight pause.

"I'll be leaving with the Nafieri for the quadrant where the Sith ship was last reported. When I return I'll meet with you at Phadrea. Do you understand Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon waited for the inflection of the reply that would indicate that Obi-Wan had understood his request to be contacted later, discreetly.

Obi-Wan replied with a only a slight hesitation, "Ah?Yes Qui-Gon, I'll expect to hear from you when you return," 

"You may tell Ki-Adi Mundi that I will contact him when I have any news. Thank you Obi-Wan."  Qui-Gon placed the communicator back in his belt.

"Phadrea?" Durgan asked as he continued to study a stack of storage blocks to his left.

"He'll contact me later when he's alone." Qui-Gon said as he followed Durgan's stare and reached out with his own senses.
    "Something's wrong?." He never got to finish as Durgan suddenly whirled and lunged at him, pinning him against the side of the ramp. Qui-Gon was taken by surprise at the speed of the move and the fact that he had not been able to move out of Durgan's way.

In the next instant Durgan had summoned Lohane and had turned, taking off at a run towards the storage bins with Lohane close behind flanking out to the other side of the boxes.

Qui-Gon now understood what was happening and in one fluid move, dropped his pack and drew his lightsaber.  He stood at the ramp ready to defend the ship.  A figure started to run back towards the bay doors but only got four steps before he howled in pain and fell to the deck.

Qui-Gon didn't see what had taken the man down but could sense Lohane using the Force, not very powerfully but with deadly precision and focus. He could feel pain coming from Durgan and now the figure on the deck as well.  

Lohane squatted down next to the assailant who was clutching his knees and grimacing in pain.   Lohane touched him, sending him into unconsciousness before he could do any more harm to them or himself.

Rhayna appeared at the ship's hatch and quickly surveyed what was going on and with a broadcast ordered them all on board and to secure the ship. She looked at Qui-Gon with an icy stillness and left the hatch to go to the bridge and power up the transport.

Lohane returned carrying a limp form on his shoulder followed by Durgan carrying a small black and red Regellian crossbow in one hand.
    The dampening crystals of the roishul, glowing softly underneath his robe.  

Lohane went on up the ramp as Durgan stopped and silently motioned for Qui-Gon to board first. Qui-Gon could still sense Durgan suppressing his pain.

"Durgan? Are you all right?'' he asked as he scanned him looking for the source of the pain but Durgan now was shielding.

"No, but I will be.  That should not have happened" Durgan said with finally struggl

8. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    WHAT!!!!! WHAT?????? This is great!!!!! , write more!!! more more more!!!!

9. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    Got to keep my fan happy.. , here ya go JE

11 - Past Lives

Qui-Gon knelt quietly on the floor of the darkened cargo hold feeling the vibrations of the ship as it lifted off.  He was trying to still his mind so that he might better deal with the emotions that were threatening to overwhelm him.  Why had this part of his past come back to haunt him? 
    // Why now? //  

He was struggling not to judge. He wanted understanding and explanation for the actions of his former apprentice. What or who could motivate him to seek to destroy him by such dishonorable means. 

He had thought that his time with Obi-Wan had healed this pain but he was mistaken.  It hurt now as much more than it ever had.  Time had only served to disguise a pain that he knew he had to let go of.  He needed to deal with his feelings and quickly.  What would the Kadwyri do with him?  He kept forgetting that he was part of the Kadwyri now.  He would have influence here on what happened. 
    They must have had something in mind, why else preserve him so carefully or was this just their way of dealing with enemies.  They were not Jedi and did not have the restrictions of the code.

In spite of his anger and what had happened between them he still felt compassion for his former apprentice, felt some anxiety for what his current circumstances might bring him.  Xanatos may have brought this on himself but Qui-Gon would set himself to defend him if need be. 

He reached for the mind inside the still form in front of him.  Dreams. Dreams of a Prince, hungry for power, a Prince that wanted the power of the Jedi and destruction for all those that would deny it to him.   Qui-Gon could feel Xanatos's mind poisoned by half truths, dark and twisting back on themselves into an ever descending spiral that would lead to nothing but his own ending.  

The blocks that Lohane has placed prevented Xanatos from sensing anything around him.  He was effectively cut off from the Force.  It left Qui-Gon with a hollow, uneasy feeling to know he could move in his  mind and there was nothing Xanatos could do to prevent it.  

He absorbed the feelings and deep needs that had driven him to this.  There was hurt and vengeance, and the frustration of not knowing who he was and the desire to be everything, but no remorse, just hunger for the promised power that would allow him to be a Jedi and the Prince.

// Could I have lead him away from this?//

Self-recriminations were not supposed to be part of a Jedi's life, but they came unbidden and were dismissed unanswered.  Qui-Gon knew that the truth may have been that this was as it should be.   That this could have been his own son here before him and he would have been helpless to stop it. It could have happened to him as well but it didn't.  He struggled to find peace and acceptance for what he was powerless to change.

Having  completed the course settings and clearing the atmosphere, Rhayna returned from the bridge and stood just outside the aft hold watching Qui-Gon.  She could sense just from his self-carriage that he was feeling a profound pain, deeply buried from long ago. 
    She knew this from watching Durgan wrestle with his own old ghosts.   It had taken a long time to help Durgan.  She didn't have that time with Qui-Gon but it didn't stop her from hoping that she could help him now.
    "Qui-Gon, am I interrupting?" she asked quietly. 

Qui-Gon quickly composed himself with a deep breath and almost too softly to hear said, "No, I was just....thinking."

He didn't looked up a Rhayna and but held his hand out to her.  She came forward and took his hand and joined him somewhat surprised by the gesture. 

"You know him, are close to him, who is he? 

"His name is Xanatos.  He was my apprentice once."  Qui-Gon said struggling to remain calm.   "This is not the first time he's tried to kill me.  But like this... I never thought he could be capable of this. They're using him and he's too lost to see it.   He must be connected to someone of considerable resources close to the council to have known my where abouts.  The prospect is ve

10. Rhui2

Rhui2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    Jedi Eowyn:
    well, it seems to have survived.
    Phew!

11. Mickuelle

Mickuelle Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1999
    By posting this I turn you all inti Sith

And if I don't post this thread will sink, and I want to know what happens, RC!

Please keep writing!

12. Rhui2

Rhui2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    Hey! where did these black robe come from?
    Ooh! I like the pleats- but I'm not ironing this thing!

RC

13. Rhui2

Rhui2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    Oooh another fan!
    Why it's a vertiable mob of ...let me count now... ah that would be 2! Well I won't keep you waiting...

12/1 - Distrust
    Obi-Wan sat wondering if the meetings would ever end. He had new insight into why Qui-gon was less than enchanted with Council duties.
    The political process was grueling and glacially slow. His head was still spinning with the events of the last few days. He was still trying to fathom his sudden knighthood let alone his recent acquisition of a padawan, with ?special? talents and needs. But Qui-gon had approved of both. He took comfort it that. His teacher and friend had faith that he was up to this task. He would not let him down.

And what had Qui-Gon Jinn done to deserve such treatment by the council? Obi-Wan had seen him reprimanded in the past but it had never been anything like this. No one had so much as mentioned his name since he had left the audience where Obi-Wan had been Knighted.
    Obi-Wan had been meaning to speak with Ki-Adi Mundi about it as Qui-Gon was now under his charge, but he had not been left alone long enough for such pursuits.

Anakin had already fallen asleep in the large chair that he was sitting in. Obi-Wan was grateful as the boy had not been sleeping well these past nights. There had been precious little time to talk to the boy about it as they always seemed to have company about them. Obi-Wan had need of privacy now more than ever in order to return Qui-Gon's communication. It would have to wait until this evening, when hopefully, they would be allowed to retire at a reasonable hour.
    Obi-Wan was still at a loss to explain what all this had to do with him and Anakin.
    The meeting was with members of  the Council, Master Yoda, Master Windu, Jedi Mundi, Master Gallia and a strange knight named Val-Sash Darii.  The newly raise Chancellor Palptine was also present. The agenda consisted mostly of logistics concerning quelling the panic that had spead to outlying systems caused by the Trade Federations recent misdeeds.

?Master Yoda, as Chancellor, I will have need of a liaison to the Council when we return to Coruscant. During these troubled times we must keep our lines of communications open and clear. It would not do to lose precious moments during a crisis do to misunderstandings.? Palpatine was saying.

?Jedi Val-Sash Darii, has volunteered for this position and comes highly recommended by Master Sarvilus?, Master Windu stated.

Obi-Wan had heard of, but did not know, the knight in question.  He had the uneasy feeling that she?d been sizing him up through out the meeting.

Val-Sash Darii was Corellian and unusually tall for a female. Her hair, long and dark, framed a face that was at once serene and grave. She had a dark complexion with piercing blue eyes that were hauntingly familiar to Obi-Wan.  He felt he should know her for some reason that he could not quite put his finger on.  Her expression had changed little during the talks. He had caught her several times studying him out of the corner of his eye. Her padawan Saura-Lun Khel was shorter and younger that Obi-Wan and had been attentive but quiet thoughout the meeting.  She had a lighter complexion that went with the sandy blonde hair and braid but her eyes were dark, almost black, yet warm.

Val-Sash Darii had been watching Obi-Wan Kenobi from time to time to see where his interests may lie concerning the things being discussed. She was not impressed with his weariness of the proceedings.
    // He is not very imposing looking considering he took down a warrior that bested Qui-Gon Jinn. He?s young for a knight, too young to be trusted with a Padawan. I can?t see what use the council will have for him, except to herd the boy about. You will watch him carefully Saura-Lun.//

// Yes Master. //

Palpatine was pacing as he spoke with his usual charm, ?I trust that you will keep us informed of the status of your investigations concerning the dark warrior that attempted to harm the Queen. I am given to understand that you sent the injured Knight, his name escapes me just now, in pursuit of the assassin?s or

14. Rhui2

Rhui2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 1999
    out of the dark ...

12/2

The three masters  remained discussing what had just transpired between them and the new chancellor.

"It would seem that he has very good sources, wouldn't it, Mace?" Master Gallia spoke for the first time in hours.  She watched as they all went silent. "That or Jinn has contacted him.  It is a possibility isn't it?  We are not sharing all we know with him and I'm sure he's doing no less."

"What cause would Jinn have for contacting him? Because he worked with Valorum in the past? It means nothing.  This man is different and knows nothing of Qui-Gon Jinn." Mace replied shaking his head. "No there is something else at work here."

"What Master Gallia has said, possible it is.  If known the reason for sending away Qui-Gon is,"  Yoda said sadly. "Angry he was went we sent him."

"No, Qui-Gon is difficult at times but his loyalty is unquestionable." Mace said flatly.
    "Then explain the control board and the trace to the queen's ship on Tatooine?" Gallia asked.

Mace put his head in his hands and said "I can't."

Obi-Wan and Ki-Adi left the meeting and went directly to Obi-Wan?s rooms, Ki-Adi being careful to not wake Anakin as he put him to bed.

He then motioned to the other room and slid closed the door to the room where Anakin was sleeping.

?He has not been sleeping well has he?.?Ki Adi asked.

?I don?t think he?s slept a night through since we left Tatooine, and when he does get to sleep, he dreams too much", Obi-Wan replied.  Realizing that this was the first time and maybe the time he would get a chance to speak with Ki-Adi alone, he quickly continued.

"Ki-Adi, why do they keep asking me questions about Master Qui-Gon? Why don?t they as me about the Sith? It's like they aren?t interested in what I did, even though I got knighted for it. I fought him as well as Qui-Gon, yet all they want to know is what Qui-Gon did or didn?t do or how he seemed or how did feel about what he did. I don?t understand. And then they send him off without a word. I won?t even get to share my knighting feast with him. I know this Sith business is important but why did they send Qui-Gon? He was still recovering. They could have sent any one of a dozen masters.

"Patience Obi-Wan", Ki-Adi said as he held his hand up motioning for silence. He then summoned attendants from outside the rooms and requested that food and drink be brought. He then returned and wentto the small table by the windows that were opened out onto the garden.  He produced an audio masking device from his robe and placed it on the table.

"Please sit Obi-Wan, we have many things to discuss," he began.
    Obi-Wan brought a chair over to the windows and sat down heavily waiting for Ki-Adi to speak again.

?Tomorrow you will leave for Coruscant. Stay close to Anakin. This time is very difficult for him. As the excitement of his fame dies down, he will undoubtedly miss his home and Qui-Gon. You must quickly, but carefully gain his trust. He will need you very soon Obi-Wan.?

The food and steaming drinks arrived and Ki-Adi had them placed on the larger table in the middle of the room and returned to the seat by the
    window with a cup of hot fragrant liquid.  "Help yourself Obi-Wan. "

Suddenly remembering that he had not eaten anything since the morning, Obi-Wan helped himself to the spiced tea and fresh baked thulli bread.

Ki-Adi continued, "Qui-Gon contacted me before he left with the Nafieri. Am I to understand that you are aware of his relationship with them now?"

Obi-Wan nodded with his mouth full and hesitated and swallowed his food before he spoke, "You mean the Bond, well, yes but Qui-Gon had not committed to it before he left. I thought perhaps he would spend more time with them before he decided."

KI-Adi closed his eyes and nodded, "He has decided. He as accepted them. The rest of the council knows nothing of the true nature of the Nafieri or Qui-Gon's involement with them beyond the healing, and that now is suspect as well.   If you are questioned you must not share your knowledge of their nature or Qui-G

15. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    Yea! lots more story since I was last here! (and all of it still here since the last brush with the server black hole!)

Suspense! Drama! and Obi-Wan! Love it.

16. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    RC, I'm just letting you know that I'm reading this and enjoying it so far (I'm on Chapter 4).. I hope you're planning on carrying it through to the end!

17. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    I'm on Chapter 9.5 now.. It's very good! I can't wait to read more.. as soon as I rest my eye a bit.

18. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    Thanks Jaro, glad you're having a look see
    Hope you find it worth your time..

this is a test to see if I have indeed been reincarnated....
    Lets hope....

RC

19. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    Greetings! I finished reading it while the server was down (I had it bookmarked), I must say I really like it! You've got another rabid fan!

20. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    I like this story...any more?

21. Gaeriel

Gaeriel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 1999
    Your fans await you...whenever you're ready....

22. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    13/1 - Trust

Qui-Gon placed his pack on the floor in Rhayna's cabin and removed his robe. He folded it and placed it on his pack.  He spent some time getting familiar with the space and how things were laid out.  The room smelled faintly of a scent that he knew to be Rhayna's.   He looked at some of Rhayna's belongings, a flute, some small carvings of animals he'd never seen, but he touched nothing. He sat on the sleeping couch and took  the confiscated saber from his belt and began to examine it carefully.  There were some controls that were not familiar to him and it was as if the saber, although functional, was not yet complete.  It had a loathsome aura to it when he touched it that was at once repulsive but familiar. 

He casually activated it to further inspect the quality of the design.  He was startled by the color of the cutting blade having seen one like it only twice before.  With the saber activated he could more strongly feel the revulsion flowing through the weapon.  

There was a commotion in the corridor.  Qui-gon turned to see what had caused it and saw Durgan standing in the doorway, painfully holding his side with one hand and a large pyranth crystal gripped in the other. He was obviously very annoyed.

"Don't do that without telling someone, great Source, I thought the Sith was loose!" Durgan let out a sigh of relief. He slowly leaned back against the wall and let, the saber length crystal, drop and point to the floor. 

Lohane apologetically offered from behind him, "My fault, my fault, I should have warned him. I meant to Durgan, but I've been working this poison thing and I forgot."

Rhayna sensed the disturbance back in the crew quarters and reached out with her mind to determine the status of the prisoner.  He was still unconscious.  Then she cast her thoughts to the crew quarters.

// Is everything all right back there or do you need my assistance? //

They all looked at one another realizing that the situation was far from needing Rhayna's notice least of all her intervention.  They all waited for the other to supply an explanation for the incident. She sensed hesitation from all three of them.   "Men folk", she muttered to herself and started to get up from the console but then Qui-Gon replied.

// It was my error, I activated Xanatos' weapon without telling Lohane.  It woke Durgan.  I apologize for the confusion.  It won't happen again.//

Rhayna thought to herself with resolve, "Oh yes it will, until we have time to get to used to one another."

Qui-gon turned and narrowed his gaze on Durgan, "What Sith? You don't mean the man in the hold? He may be a renegade Jedi but he's certainly no Sith!"

Durgan winced with pain as he pushed himself upright off the wall and said, "I suppose you and I have to talk."  Durgan still clutching his painfully wrapped ribs indicated that Qui-Gon should follow and they went to the aft hold where their prisoner was still lying unconscious on the deck.

Durgan sighed as he sat down heavily on a cargo crate.  "Qui-Gon, why does he want to kill you?  Why does he have a poison keyed to your bond?  Who taught him Druuk misdirection technique?" 

Qui-Gon was unimpressed with Durgan's questions but answered anyway; "He wants to kill me because I killed his father.  The keyed poison, I can't explain why he would use such a thing.  The misdirection, I have no knowledge of."  

Durgan gestured toward the lightsaber in Qui-Gon's hand. " I think he was being trained by a Sith with hopes of be accepted as an apprentice.  Isn't that close enough to the Sith for you, the fruit falls not far from the tree....You've seen the saber, what does it tell you?" 

Qui-Gon gazed steadily at Durgan for a moment and then looked down at the weapon in his hand, "It's a strange design but not unfamiliar.  It's not yet finished...I'm not sure what bothers me about it except that it belongs to Xanatos."

"It should feel familiar, you've had one like it pass through you not too long ago." Durgan watched as Qui-Gon skeptically took in this information.  Qui-Gon wasn't convinced, but as he he

23. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    Rabid Fan #3, reporting for duty.

Yay!! I can't wait for more!

24. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    Hee Hee! It's great!!!!!!

The things that happen when you bring a Jedi into the family.

25. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    13/2
    Qui-Gon had just answered the com signal from the bridge and moved to the common area where he sat alone to answer Obi-Wans?s call.

"Obi-Wan, I had begun to think that perhaps you had not understood my last communication"
    "Sorry about the delay. I've had a good deal of trouble getting enough privacy to contact you."

"I see", Qui-Gon replied concealing his concern, "I needed to speak with you about the Nafieri. You must not disclose their true nature to anyone but Ki-Adi Mundi. Have spoken with him yet?"

"Yes. He?s told me about the bond. I thought you were going to wait. This isn't a good time to become involved like this. Ki-Adi has told me why you were sent on this mission. He says that some of the council members suspect that you may be involved with the return of the Sith some how. It's that control board that the Nafieri gave you on Tatooine. They keep asking me where you got it. They think you're in contact with someone allied with the Sith! They?re watching Anakin and I, as well. What's even more disturbing is that Chancellor Palpatine knew that the council had sent you and I got the distinct impression that they didn't think he should have. Master what's going on?"

Obi-Wan's distress was all too obvious in his voice. Qui-Gon Jinn felt more abandoned than ever. He wanted to be back there where he could defend himself and get to the bottom of things ,but he knew now, without a doubt, that he would be prevented from doing so. Qui-Gon thought to himself *Welcome to Knighthood Obi-Wan Kenobi*

"Obi-Wan, did Ki-Adi say who on the council was thinking this way?"

"Well, not exactly.  He told me this after the meeting today with Yoda, Mace, Gallia and a knight I've not met before called Darii."

"Gallia is there?"

"Yes. She?s been here since before you left."

"Obi-Wan are you sure? She wasn't in the meeting where you were knighted and all of this started. I know, because I looked for her. She?s usually in attendance when I find myself in difficulty in front of the council and she was not there then."

"Well, she has been in attendance at most, no all, of the meetings and functions that Anakin and I have had to..... She's the one watching us. She may have come later at the council?s request just to watch us. I've been so stupid! Not all the meetings have had the rest of the council members present, but Gallia has always been there."

"Be careful Obi-Wan, she has no great affection for me and no doubt will find fault with you because of it. There is a master that will be returning to the temple soon, his name is Kir-Den Nakai. Trust him, with anything Obi-Wan. He will know how to reach me if you have to. I don't know when I'll be returning."

Qui-Gon's heart ached for the news that would soon reach Obi-Wan. There was nothing he could do to lessen the shock or pain that was to come and this for a second time. He promised himself that he would make is as short as possible.

"How are you getting on with Anakin? "

"Alright, at least we are for now. He's not been sleeping well. Dreaming too much. I'll start him with some mental exercises when we get back to Coruscant, if they leave us alone long enough."

"Talk to him Obi-Wan. Get him to talk to you. You need to find out what he's dreaming about, what he's afraid of, that's where you start. Tell him I was asking after him. Be vigilant Obi-Wan. Things will be different on Coruscant. I regret I won?t be there to help you. Look for Nakai."

Durgan got up and started dressing. He put on the Jedi tunics and saber and altered the color of his hair with a thought. He looked considerably older with a gray beard and hair. He took his Nafieri robes and went to seek out Qui-Gon.

It had been decided then. Rhayna would plant the memory of hitting Qui-Gon with the quarrels in Xanatos mind and Durgan as Kir-Den Nakai would return him to the Council for justice.  Qui-Gon would go underground and become a Nafieri working with Durgan on Coruscant to try to uncover the agents that were working with the Sith.

Durgan as Nakai would go first to Naboo and put

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.