main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Legacy" TPM AU fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Rhui Chatar, Sep 10, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niniel

Niniel Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    A X-mas gift a few days early!
    Do we have to be good girls (and boys) to get more or will pestering suffice?

2. Jedi Eowyn

Jedi Eowyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 1999
    CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!! YEA!! YEA!! YEA!! I didn't realize how much I wanted Qui Gon and Obi Wan to get back together.

3. Jedi Droid

Jedi Droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 1999
    Where are you, Ms Chatar? I'd like to hear Rhayna's opinion on beards and brush burns... (if I got that right..)
    ( redface.gif RC! That was just a joke, and a friendly one!!!! I swear!!! ) Seriously, I'm looking forward to the reunion of the Jedi.. and some new adventures. (OMG, the number of threads I've seen for a long time and really never read thoroughly..) /JD

4. Rhui Chatar

Rhui Chatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 4, 1999
    I haven't forgotten this yet- just been down with the Y2K flu- had some stuff written but its was the drugs writing and not me- might be good for another story but not this one... oh well. Will get something out soon....
    Thanks for stopping by JD, glad to see you're still here!
    RC

5. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    20 - Currents

Durgan was having reservations about Qui-Gon revealing himself to Obi-Wan, especially since Nakai had been followed to this meeting.
    // Are you sure you should do this now?//

// I trained him.  I know how he'll react.  I don't want him left as isolated as the council has left me.//
    //Then to be safe I'm going to shield him anyway.//

Qui-Gon looked at Nakai and Nakai nodded having placed sufficient shields around Obi-Wan to contain his surprise when Qui-Gon revealed himself.

"Yes, Knight Kenobi, he most certainly would," and Qui-Gon dropped his veil to reveal his familiar bearded face to Obi-Wan.

The depth of Obi-Wan's joy rocked him at first but he quickly regained control of himself.  He heard Qui-Gon's words from the past- "Don't trust your eyes, they will deceive you".  He reached out with the Force for the familiar signature that was Qui-Gon Jinn and found nothing.  He took a suspicious step back and looked at Nakai whose Force signature, although unfamiliar, was easily detectable.

Qui-Gon tried to reassure him.
    "It's all right Obi-Wan.  My abilities are being masked as is my true identity. Durgan, extend the shields around me as well as Obi-Wan."

Qui-Gon then disabled the roishul and let Obi-Wan touch his mind and feel that it was truly his former master who stood before him.

"Durgan? The Nafieri from Naboo!" Obi-Wan's smile then spread over his face like the sun rising after a long night.  Qui-Gon returned the smile and followed it with a quick embrace.

"We don't have much time.  Forgive me Obi-Wan but I've had to do this so that I can hunt down the cause of all this at the source.  The council would not let me."

Qui-Gon nodded to the older master next to him, "Nakai,  Ki Adi and now you know of my identity but no one else must know.   That means Anakin for the time being.  He's not disciplined enough yet to be trusted with that knowledge.  If they think me dead, I'll be free to move as I must to find who or what is behind all this." 

Obi-Wan thought to himself that shielding from Anakin wouldn't be that difficult but from the other masters, that was more of a problem especially with the attention they had directed at him since he'd slain the Sith.

"But how?  I 'felt' you die as did the others."

Qui-Gon took him by the shoulders, "That's not important now.  What is, is that you have that memory of my death should you be read by anyone.  Do you understand? Use it."   Qui-Gon gave a short glance of acknowledgement in Nakai's direction. "Is all well with Anakin?"  

Obi-Wan nodded, "Mostly.  He's still having nightmares and fears for his mother's welfare but he listens and watches very carefully.  He will be a very bright student."

"What nightmares?" Qui-Gon furrowed his brow.
    "He has dreams about harming me in some way but he says it's not him.  I've got him to talk about it but it doesn't seem to have resolved itself."  Obi-Wan frowned and looked down.  "I'm not sure that he's not a little resentful of me.  He had hoped to be with you."

Qui-Gon sighed heavily, "Well, that can't be helped, now.  I'll try to gain his friendship as Jennar.  Find out all you can about a Knight named Darii.  She was on board a ship that fired on us before we turned back for Naboo.  She was looking for me for some reason that I can't determine."

"She was the one that followed me here today." Nakai offered, "Qui-Gon, did you know she is Gallia's daughter?"

Qui-Gon suddenly turned on Nakai, his face hard and cold.   "Only the council would have access to that information."

"Ki Adi has told me this.  He knows that Darii went to the council and sought out her mother, Gallia, but not her father.  He believes that Gallia may have revealed the identity of her father to her.   Would that be a cause of animosity between you and Darii?"

"It shouldn't be, but that depends on what Gallia has told her."  Qui-Gon had a look on his face that could only be described as suppressed raw fury.  Why had Gallia not told him that their daughter had sought her out?  As a council member she easily could have and she should hav

6. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Most excellent job, Rhui!

I can't wait for more!

7. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    Great plot twists!!! !

Sorry to hear that you were down with the y2k. Welcome back!!!!

8. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    up where I can find you for next installment -

9. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    YEA! You said next installment! YEA!

write more!! write more!! write more!!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Eowyn (edited 01-20-2000).]

10. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    21/1
    Lohane looked  at a very distant Jennar next to him as they walked from the secular wing of the vast Jedi temple.  Qui-Gon as Jennar walked with seemingly little purpose, only his eyes visable staring straight ahead lost in thought.   

He had much to think on and Lohane didn't know if it would be advisable to add to that burden.  Nor would it be advisable to not share with Qui-Gon what he had seen as he sat across from the stoic blond haired boy that Qui-Gon believed to be the prophecied Chosen One.  Death, black robes, and sabers circling in well known patterns.

Qui-Gon stopped and brought his attention fully to the present.   It would do him no good to continue to brood about a child he had given up long ago or just what she now knew of him.  Adi had always been fair even when they disagreed, but the issue of their child had been what had broken them.  He had wanted them to raise the child together, but Gallia was against it and wanted the child given to the Jedi as every other initiate was.  The council had taken Gallia's side due to the childs great potential.  Qui-Gon didn't handle the decision well, not then and apparently not now. 

It was odd how he had not thought on it since Xanatos had betrayed him.   There were many things about that sad time that he had put out of his mind.  A child and a padawan, denied to him by the Force.  It had been a bitter part of his life and he thought he had accepted until now.

// Qui-Gon, we have to stop somewhere.// a anxious Lohane sent to him.
    //  I have to show you what I saw.  I know you have alot to deal with just now, but I believe this is important. //

"We'll stop at the public wing of the temple.  Perhaps, I can pick up more information there."  Qui-Gon said as he casually glanced around to check for anything out of the ordinary and reaching out with his mind to follow those he knew.   All seemed as it should.  He felt nothing out of place in his surroundings.  But within himself he was sadly distracted by this new knowledge.

They arrived in the public meeting area and moved to a table in a corner and sat looking out at the rest of the court yard.  Lohane centered himself and tried to calmly pass the images he had seen to Qui-Gon through their bond.

Qui-Gon cocked his head as he considered there possible meaning.   Black robes, sabers and Obi-Wan; it could all just be from a the dreams that Obi-Wan said Anakin was having.  But why would they be strong enough for Lohane to pick up?  And why would Anakin see himself in black robes....

//Who's in the black robes?  Can you see faces?//

Lohane looked down at his hands for a moment.   // The image keeps changing.  First it's a mask, then its a man I feel I should know and then it's a woman that I have never seen.//  He, sighed with exasperation, " I need Rhayna to help me.  I've never been good at this.  I get too rattled with it."

"We'll get Rhayna then. " Qui-Gon said calmly as he stood, ready to return to the ship.
    Lohane narrowed his gaze and replied, "We can't just now.   She's not on the ship."

Qui-Gon reached out to Rhayna.  He felt her mind clearly and she acknowledged his touch and sent reassurance of her well being but offered nothing in way of explaination of her location. 

Qui-Gon sighed heavily.  He did not feel comfortable with her off the ship without him.  She could be a potential target just as he had been earlier.  Ki Adi had warned him warned him of this.  He sighed and gave his concern to the Force. He hoped that his feelings were just that, only his feelings.

//Lohane, show me the images again, slowly.//
    Lohane complied.  Qui-Gon froze, his lips making a thin line.  His face suddenly grew cold and distant once again.  The robed figure was attacking Obi-Wan.  He hadn't seen this before.  He turned to look at Lohane questioningly.

"This is not Anakin's dream.  Perhaps it's a part of it, but this is not what Obi-Wan described.  The face of the man in black is Xanatos.     The woman in black I do not recognize.  Why would she be attacking Obi-Wan? "

"Where have they taken Xanatos?  Would

11. Jedi Droid

Jedi Droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 1999
    Faithful if infrequent.
    Don't let me believe I'm a thread-sinker, will you? /JD

12. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    !!!!YEA!!!!!

All the plot lines are getting nicely tangled! YIPPEE!!!!

13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Why didn't I see this before?

This is deep, rich, and utterly and totally compelling. I am at a loss for words to describe the excellence of this work. I am hanging on every word and waiting avidly for more.

14. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    yay!!

Excellent job! I can't wait for more

15. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    You are all too kind!! and thanks for being patient... I got stuck... knew where I was going- just couldn't get there! But I think I'm over it! apologies for mistakes - no betas- and the electrons are still warm on this one...

21/2

Jedi Knight Valsha Darii left the wing of the temple that housed the council members quarters with purpose in her step.  She had made a mistake, a mistake in judgement and Valsha Darii had not come this far in her career as a diplomat by making many mistakes.  She was going to have to do damage control to contain this one.  She knew now that she would be watched very carefully,  her moves reported, her contacts noted and reported back to Gallia. 

How could she have been mislead like this by her own feelings?  When had her own disgust for Qui-Gon Jinn out stripped her mother's?   Or had she projected her own feelings onto what she believed her mother had felt.   She sighed as she walked quickly down the corridors to public transport levels.   She need to make contact with the chancellery but didn't not want to be seen to do it just now, not with what had just happened.

She crossed the open public court area unaware of the watchful eyes of a tall Nafieri and his companion sitting  in the shadows talking quietly and dallying over some food.   Qui-Gon sensed the not so familiar Force signature when she had enter the court area.  He didn't place it at once but remembered Durgan's statement earlier that he had been followed by this same presence, the one that had been on the ship that had fired on them returning to Naboo. 
    Qui-Gon's eyes narrowed as he watched her walk to a private Comm console and logon.  This was Darii, the daughter he had resisted giving up as an infant.   She had her mother's complexion but the eyes and height were his as was the she way moved with a warriors grace. That grace could only have come from Qui-Gon Jinn.   What had she been doing onboard the privateer that had fired on them?  If Gallia had told her of his mission and location, had she sent her to follow him?  Had Darii or Gallia known about Xanatos and his purpose?  How could they have?  The only answer to that was too grim for Qui-Gon to allow his thoughts to pursue. Lohane had been following Qui-Gon's thoughts and casually turned around to see the object of his attention.

"Looks like a very single minded woman to me. Have you ever met her before?" Lohane asked turning back to his food.

"No. I would never know her name if it were left to Gallia and the council."   Qui-Gon replied flatly. He casually stood and started to move across the court to get a better position from which to observe the Jedi as she worked at the console.

He sent to Lohane, // Go to that console when she has left and see if you can trace her transmission. I'm going to follow her when she leaves. Alert Durgan. //

Lohane acknowledged and notified Durgan of their intentions. Finishing his food and moved off as if to follow his companion. He reached Qui-Gon and then moved to another Comm console and busied himself there keeping an eye on the other console occupied by the Jedi.

Her transmission was short and she stood quickly and moved to leave the temple. She took public transport and Qui-Gon followed. She did not go far but only to the sector just outside the temple complex that was inhabited by ambassadorial staff from throughout the republic. It was a place Qui-Gon knew all too well having spent much time there in his role as a senior negotiator.

Darii went directly to the Malastarian Embassy with such distraction that she almost knocked down another passing diplomat. She seemed to have little care concerning her movements. She never cast around to see if she were being followed, a mistake that Qui-Gon would never have tolerated from a senior padawan, let alone a knight.

Qui-Gon watched from a safe distance and as he did so noticed that he was not the only one watching. Diagonally across from him was the diplomat that Darii had blundered into. He was engaged in a conversation with a courier but Qui-

16. Niniel

Niniel Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 1999
    Good, good. Please continue.
    (And JD, girl, you're braver than I thought..)

17. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    Yay!! More, more! Excellent, as always!

18. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    21/3

Durgan acknowledged Lohane's message as he sat at his console and immediately commed Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan and Anakin had been laying out the basic design for Anakin's new saber and fitting the new blue stone into a casing for Obi-Wans new saber when the Comm chirped.

"Master Nakai how can I be of service?" Obi-wan answered recognizing Nakai.

"Knight Kenobi,  I was wondering if you would be interested in helping me with some of my research complilations.  It seems I have been too long in the field and my skills with the temple archives are not what they once were."

"Certainly I would be honored to help.  When would be a good time?"

"If it would be convenient, now would be quite helpful as I am at an impass."

Obi-Wan hesitated for a moment thinking of Anakin.  Should he take him or leave him alone in their quarters to work on the saber.  It would be quite safe here and Anakin was quite absorbed in what he was doing.  He would contact Ki-Adi and see if he could arrange somehow to look in on him while he helped Nakai.  

"Ah yes, Master Nakai, I will attend as soon as I can."  Obi-Wan sent a message to Ki-Adi informing him of his intentions and Ki agreed to look in on Anakin as he worked.  Obi-Wan grabbed his new saber and absent mindedly clipped to his belt, slipping into his robe, he ruffled Anakin's hair and told him he would not be long and then made for Nakai quarters.
    He arrived shortly taking a route that was less than direct but not too costly time wise and kept his senses extended for anyone following him.  He palmed the key pad to Nakai's quarters and waited.  Durgan opened the door and welcomed him in.

"So what do you need?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Jennar had told me that a prisoner is being moved to safer quarters than the infirmary." Durgan carefully spoke indicating possible surveillance within his quarters by glancing around.
    "I was wondering if you might be able to suggest just where in the temple would be 'safer' than the infirmary or perhaps why such steps were being taken," Durgan asked as tilting his head and then he added, "Your former master had great faith in your abilities," he then added under his breath, "and your discretion in using them."

Obi-Wan slowly, smiled and took the seat at the console and began his search diligently.
    The two became deeply engulfed in poring over log reports and dispatches when Obi-Wan's Comm unit beeped.  It was Ki-Adi. 

"Obi-Wan, I have been called to an emergency council meeting. I am leaving Padawan Jerul with young Anakin. I will speak with you later."

"Thank you Knight Mundi.  I will contact you at your earliest convience." 

"Emergency council meeting?  Does that happen often?" Nakai asked.

"I wouldn't know as Qui-Gon was not on the council but Ki Adi did not have to tell me of this, so I imagine that this is extraordinary and my have something to do with recent events.  I've found something.  It looks like it could be related to the movement of our prisoner.  It's a requisition for field generators for the Cloisters."

"Cloisters!  Are they still used?  I thought they'd been abandoned long ago." Nakai said as furrowed his brows.

"And they were but there have been a few Jedi who have been over taxed in one way or another and find it necessary to retreat from public life.   The Cloisters were reactivated for this purpose but they never needed field generators before! Not unless they were going to house a less than receptive guest," Obi-Wan said as the corner of mouth quirked up in a mischievous grin.

"Xanatos.  They're expecting someone to try and get to him so they are not putting him in holding but moving him somewhere else.  Somewhere that only insiders would know about.  So they expect the attack to come from outside.   Jennar and Lohane have returned.  They have news of Darii.  Were you able to find anything on her?"  Nakai asked.

"Very little that would not already be common knowledge.   Her master was a Dekar Sul, a Coreillian.  Her padawan is an average performer, she does little to distinguish her self.  They have had their share of success and

19. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    No plot twists in fanfic?

What are they takling about?

20. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    clap! clap! clap! clap! clap!

(I saw that in JC Comm too. I have fun here! grrrrrr!)

21. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    Woo!! Woo!!

Write more! Yay, twist!

22. Rhui Chatar

Jun 4, 1999
    22/1

Darii forced herself not to hurry to her quarters even though she knew time was short.

She had received her instructions but didn't agree with them although she would never reveal her true feelings concerning them.  She would adapt them to a purpose of her own.   After seeing the broken Jedi with a weapon he hadn't earned she decided she had waited long enough for what should have been hers by right.  She was a full Knight of the Order, not the cast out failure of some idealistic relic of a Master.

She made arrangements to reserve a private practice hall for 2 hours and listed herself and an old aquaintance who was back at the temple for a short stay between assignments as sparring partners.

"Saura Lun, go to practice hall twelve and wait for Knight Varian.  I have an errand to attend to first and will be late."

The padawan bowed and immediately set off.  Darii then sat before her comm console and began meticulously logging into others systems one by one until she reach Gallia's system.  She then changed the orders to move Xanatos to a high security holding area.

She changed into darker tunics under her robe and  began to make her way down to lower parts of the temple with the pretense of having a sparring session planned with an old friend as was logged in the temple system.

Nakai had a good working knowledge of the old floorplan now.  He sent to Qui-Gon the news that Xanatos was possibly in danger from some outside source and had been moved possibly to the Cloisters.

// Any news concerning Darii?//

// Obi-Wan can find nothing unusual about her movements or missions which in itself is unusual given her quick rise in rank and the Chancellery position.//

//What about right now?  Where is she right now?//

"Obi-Wan can you locate Knight Darii in the temple?" Nakai asked suddenly without looking up from the floorplans he had been studying.

Obi-Wan turned and looked at Nakai puzzled at the sudden change in train of thought but then went and carried out the search.

"Knight Darii has  reserved a practice hall for eighth hour which begins 2 hours from now."

"I'm here to take custody of the detainee on the Council's authority.  Here is the order from Council Member Gallia."  

Darii placed the data reader into the hands of the knight standing guard of the isolation unit that contained a restrained and cynically smiling Xanatos.

The knight bowed to Darii after reading the order and released the security locks on the unit and opened the door motioning for Xanatos to approach.   Darii waiting calmly for the prisoner to exit the room that had been his confinement.

"So, what have the powers that be decided to do with me?   Rehabilitation is out of the question so it must be off to the practice rings then!"

"You are being moved for your own safety, nothing more," Darii said flatly.

They made to leave and the knight that had been guarding the door started to follow.

"That won't be necessary Knight Deghar, I will see the detainee to his new quarters and Knight Veillare will be taking up guard duties.  You are relieved.  Thank you for your service."

Darii said as she bowed to him.   Xanatos just stood there looking very bored by the formalities.  Deghar did not let his curiosity show but he felt it none the less.  It was not customary for someone of Darii's authority to personally move a detainee.  He returned her bow and turned to go back to his quarters. 

Darii watched him go and then motion to Xanatos to proceed down the corridor.

"What took you so long?" Xanatos asked sarcastically as they walked.

"I had to get new orders.  I was not informed of your 'mission' so I couldn't plan accordingly for you failure."

"What failure? Jinn's dead.  That was my mission," Xanatos replied with a hint of regret in his voice.  His mission had been all too easy.  He had wanted to really test himself against Qui-Gon Jinn but his superiors did not have that much confidence in his abilities.  Especially in light of a more apt opponent recently falling to a mere padawan.

"And I

23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    As if this wasn't exciting enough already...

Words fail me. My words fail me, but I'm hanging on every one of yours!

24. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    Good lord!! Keep writing, Rhui!

25. Jedi Eowyn

Jul 28, 1999
    clap! clap! clap! clap! hee hee! I LOVE this!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.