Lit Legacy Vol 2. #16: Empire of One, part 1 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Star Wars: Legacy #16
    Corinna Bechko (W), Gabriel Hardman (W), Brian Albert Thies (A), Jordan Boyd (C), and Agustin Alessio (Cover)
    On sale June 25
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Ongoing
    Imperial Knight Jao Assam is awaiting execution, and Ania Solo is on a mission to intercede. But when it is discovered that Jao has escaped—with the Sith Darth Wredd—Ania has doubts about her friend. But she still has to rescue him, in case he isn’t a bad guy . . .

[IMG]

Love the cover, plot sounds interesting - hope it get traded!
  2. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Hmm, looks like our heroes are on their way to Coruscant... [face_thinking]

--Adm. Nick
  3. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    This looks interesting. Found a future Desktop picture I think.
  4. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    I hope they're on their way to Denon.
  5. spicer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  6. DarthCane Force Ghost

star 4
    Gorefiend and Jedi Ben like this.
  7. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    Awesome cover. Awesome plot summary. Hoping the conclusion is equally awesome and doesn't leave us with a totally not-awesome cliffhanger.
  8. Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost

star 4
    Stunning cover. Are we sure this isn't the last issue? That looks like a last-issue cover.
  9. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought the series was supposed to end at 18? Unless they leave it at an open ending, but hopefully not, they possibly can wrap things up in three issues. Far short of the ideal amount (100+) or even the Dark Horse limit of 50, but still, what can you about the whole Disney thing.

That is one really, really nice cover, reminds me of KotOR's final cover with the main cast. Although I can see it as the beginning of the final short arc. So at least Ania isn't in chains but instead Assam ends up facing a death sentence. Hm, they did say him deserting was punishable by death, but it seemed like Ania was in bigger trouble earlier. Well, either way, looking forward to these last few issues.
  10. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Volume 4 TPB is now listed in Edelweiss, that'll collect this plus the next 2.
  11. Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group

VIP
    star 4
    I know that Cade was never meant to appear in this series so it could stand on its own feet, but since there's no more standing to be done and this might cap off both DH's run and the EU-as-we-know-it's timeline, do you think Cade might appear in the final issue?
  12. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
  13. Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group

VIP
    star 4
    Maybe I should have clarified that I was using this thread to talk about #18, pretending to talk about the final arc as a whole, and hoped to get away with it...
  14. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Okay, I know Jao's pose has been used in Star Wars before–probably as one of those promotional images from the movies. Does anyone know what the reference for it was? It's killing me.
  15. Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group

VIP
    star 4
    Isn't it the Jacen Solo crotch shot?

Wait, Jao and Ania are related? :eek:
    Last edited by Grey1, Mar 17, 2014
    Mazzic and Revanfan1 like this.
  16. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Well, he does seem to be wearing the same belt and pants as Jacen...

No, wait...I think I found it! I think it's a flipped version of Luke.

[IMG]

Edit: Or it could be Anakin here...

[IMG]
    Last edited by Revanfan1, Mar 17, 2014
  17. Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group

VIP
    star 4
    The grip is similar to Qui-Gon, although he turns more to the side, not keeping the saber in front of him. But I finally found what I was looking for - the AOTC version of Obi-Wan in the miniatures game. This one might have related to a promo photo, but my memory on that is a bit hazy... Anyway, that stance is a bit wide again.
    Last edited by Grey1, Mar 17, 2014
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah, I'm not entirely sure, these poses are all close but none of them are identical to Jao's and I'm sure there was one that was.
  19. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Wasn't there supposed to be some Legacy Vol. 1 person in this arc or the 3 parter? Aside from Sia, Stazi, Draco and K'khruk?
  20. Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost

star 4
    Bechko and Hardman were originally open to the idea of having Cade appear ("he is in this world and I don't doubt that we will meet him again"), so yeah, I've been wondering too if he'll make a cameo in the final arc. I always figured his appearance would be something like Ania face to face with Wredd, then three hooded lightsaber-wielders appear and fight Wredd off. Ania's like "More Imperial Knights?" and one of them goes "Better. We're Jedi." and they take off their hoods and it's Cade, Shado, and Rasi Tuum. Maybe that can still happen. I won't be bummed if it doesn't.
  21. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    All I have to say is... "YES!" I'm glad we're getting one more arc before it's all said and done. I'm sure it'll be rushed, but I figure we're used to that by now. I'm just happy that we'll be seeing Wredd one more time before we say good bye.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
  23. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Hahahaha, I love he line about Marasiah. Sauk says something along the lines of "She is Empress of the whole galaxy, or at least a third of it, or she has shares in all three parts."

Basically, the authors are poking fun at the fact we don't know what the hell he Triumvirate is! :p

--Adm. Nick
  24. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Dang this is getting good. 3 more issues? Good grief.
  25. Nobody145 Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome, the third arc was dragging a bit, but if the last three issues are all like these four pages, its going to be a memorable last arc.

Sauk's line about the triumvirate was great, as well as Ania's line about maybe being "distant cousins" or something with Marasiah, she's not clear on the details. At least we hear from Sauk his surprise that Ania is related to "those Solos", guess he figured Ania's last name was just similar (or a lie, they are all fringe people). I'm more curious about AG-37 since he actually met Han Solo before, so whether AG's debt would apply to Marasiah too. Though Marasiah is empress and so Ania needs help a lot more (though at least Ania has friends, it would be nice to see Marasiah with a few more friends other than just Draco). Only three more issues to go. :(
    Last edited by Nobody145, Jun 10, 2014
    Iron_lord likes this.