main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Vol 2. #16: Empire of One, part 1 (of 3)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Leia being more famous than Han I can definitely see. Han... was... what, really? An officer on-and-off?

The fact I used Churchill as an example is testament to that: I thought of Churchill, whereas I struggle to think of any military personnel from WWI who I would recognise from a photograph-- even names like Wilfred Owen or Sassoon, who anybody who's gone to school in the UK should know, aren't known for their movie star looks, but their poetry.

I'd have thought "General Solo" is similar, as he's not the guy who'd have his official portrait on the Senate wall, nor a guy who every kid 100 years later is going to have seen 6 hours of movies of-- simply a name in a history textbook, maybe with one little photo by him, but that'd be about it I imagine. (Unless Han Solo was the Lord Kitchener of the Vong War, with his face everywhere on posters, calling on people to stand up and resist the invasion :p)

2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Its too bad the comics never had time to fill the gap between the Vong War and the Sith-Imperial War, or at least what was left of the post-Vong War period. It would have been interesting to see how the Big Three were viewed decades later. Luke and his family line were famous somewhat, at least among certain factions, but most of the attention went to the Fels rather than any possible Solos. We eventually got Ania, but seems like she doesn't have much answers either.

AG is probably the closest we got to a historian, in terms of having apparently witnessed history and his perspective on it. Everybody else is still too busy dealing with the fallout from the first series (which is also a great story when properly told, as they did with the second arc). I don't mind Sauk not knowing Han by sight, it was only a moment and its not like Sauk has had time to go to college or study quite that much and they all have bigger things to worry about at the moment.

thesevegetables likes this.
  3. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    Only 2 issues left? I just got into Legacy vol 2 ;_____;

4. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    Is this story gonna have an ending . . . . ?

5. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    yes

EternalHero likes this.
  6. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    Since they are letting legacy wrap up. I'd have loved to have seen a sprawling epic trilogy for "sword of the jedi". Chronicling Jaina's life into old age could connect many of the gaps between the legacy books and comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.