main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Vol 2. #5: Prisoner of the Floating World, part 5 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by spicer, Apr 13, 2013.

1. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Don't know why it's so, but previews for other comics are small too [face_dunno]

2. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, saw the preview but couldn't even read it. Even when I zoom in its still so blurry that its unreadable.

3. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    It's like they're taunting me....
    The preview is way too small, but the art, as usual, looks amazing! :D

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    "Ask yourselves, do you feel safe?

"The Sith have been defeated and a new peace has descended on the galaxy, or has it?

"You tell yourselves that the new Triumvirate Federation is stronger than the sum of its parts, but you know that's a lie.

"The Empress wields no real power. The Jedi are only a shadow of what they once were. The Galactic Alliance Fleet is broken and weak."

"Oh no, Master Val . . ."

"You don't have to rely on my words. I'll give you proof.

"You can call me Darth [Wredd?].

"Pay close attention. It isn't every day that you see an Imperial Knight killed like a helpless beast.

"And ask yourself . . .

"If I can do this, is there anyone who is safe?

"If I can so easily mislead an entire system and kill an Imperial Knight -- a Master -- then who can stop me?

"Certainly not you, little bug. But I'm happy to have you watch."

[What appear to be "Oh" and "Oooof"-type onomatopoeia on the next page.]

"What's happened? Who's that girl?"

"There's no real power left in the galaxy that can [refuse?] me.

"None can guess . . ."

[I'm not that clear on this. It may start "Wake up" or "something it," then I'm pretty sure on "c'mon, Master Val," then something that might be "move it."]

"Where I'll strike next!"

JackG, A Tool and Summer Dreamer like this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Havac

Thanks for the quotes. THAT is my kind of Sith. One who preys on people's hidden weaknesses and tries to cause doubt to rise. As best I can tell, he is broadcasting that message across the Known Galaxy via the comm array. Twisted and evil. Classic Sith.

Quite terrorist as well. Essentially hijacking a broadcast, threatening to kill a Imperial Knight on live HoloNet, and causing people to doubt the actual power and reach of the Galactic Federation Triumvirate. Marasiah and the Imperial Court and painted as powerless, the Jedi scattered and few, and Stazi's Galactic Alliance fleet as broken and depleted.

This issue looks to kick things up a notch. This, when combined with the fact that the next arc is set on Dac and it's shipyards shows that Legacy vol.2 is kicking things up a notch!! :D

--Adm. Nick

spicer and A Tool like this.
  6. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, it feels a lot like Bane in The Dark Knight Rises.

Darth Ridiculis likes this.
  7. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    Havac, thank you for the text. I'm hoping they'll fix the preview sooner or later.

Some really nice writing there, almost a declaration of war against the new Triumvirate, also starting to understand his plan. Legacy Volume 2's first arc should end with quite a bang and while I've been liking the smaller focus on Ania (compared to Cade's eternal angst about his destiny), interested in seeing how this affects the Triumvirate and galaxy too.

8. family_business

family_business Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2006
    How can Sia not know of her cousin Ania?

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks for that Havac. For those who wanted this story to be more galactic and big, I think you're wish has been granted. Awesome stuff.

10. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yes but at least Bane had an organization behind him along with winning over the masses. This is one Sith...just going on a bender. His argument would be more impressive if he did not pull this stunt on an isolated Backwater.

11. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Apparently there is a powerful scene in this issue at Randy Stradley alluded to at Comic-Con. I am excited to see how this arc ends. Based on the preview, it might be that this issues helps kick volume 2 into high gear. Randy also said that Ania meets a character from volume 1 of Legacy in the next arc. I am very interested to learn who this will be.

--Adm. Nick

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Shado perhaps? I don't think it will be Cade, Blue or Syn.

13. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Could be a bad guy as well? Do various Imperial Characters Count?

14. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    It could be anyone. One possibility is that she and Jao Assam will eventually make their way to Coruscant to report to the Triumvirate, so she could come into contact with Marasiah, Stazi, and K'kruhk. Running into a Jedi would be cool as well. The skies the limit!

I doubt it will be Cade, however. To early for that sort of meeting, I O.

--Adm. Nick

15. Skaddix

Feb 3, 2012
    Indeed besides u expect him to be on the cover for that type of meeting.

16. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Well we already met Marasiah, Antares, Stazi, and K'kruhk.

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    We have, but Ania hasn't.

--Adm. Nick

18. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    They should really allow us to like posts more than just once.

CooperTFN likes this.
  19. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    NAXY SCREEGER.

spicer likes this.
  20. Nobody145

Feb 9, 2007
    I thought it was a great end to the first arc, as well as escalating things as the preview showed. Oh yeah, the name of the next arc is Outcasts of the Broken Ring, was that mentioned anywhere else yet? I quite like the naming convention they have so far, all sounds very... mystical? Pulpy? Something like that. New artist next arc too, I'm going to miss this one, the art on the intro arc has been excellent, but considering the next few covers, the next arc should turn out good too.

Quick summary- Ania heads for Darth Wredd as he makes his galaxy-wide holocam broadcast, bringing a lightsaber so Val can break free and fight Wredd. Then she rushes back to the station and drags Sauk and AG to AG's ship as Val and Wredd's fight is interrupted by the array about to smash into the planet. Ania manages to save everyone, though Wredd gets away, and the Triumvirate receives a report on Ania, though her exact role in these events is unknown. Also, Marasiah has no idea who Ania Solo is.

AG has definitely been around a long time, based on his cryptic comments, never expected to see an assassin droid giving an encouraging speech. Ania is at least aware of some family history, as she says she's not royalty, but AG cites Han Solo, which I love. Cade's story was mostly about Luke's legacy, nice to see Han mentioned. Not sure what happened to the ship on the cover (Jao's ship I think) since they escaped on AG's ship, unless it was just towed along

Most of the immediate plots are dealt with, though still plenty of questions. I'm really liking the first impression Legacy volume 2 has made, the authors have an excellent grasp on the Legacy era and Star Wars in general. Ania definitely isn't just a junkyard owner now, excited to see where her story goes next.

spicer likes this.
  21. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I hope it's Anj Dahl. I had this weird fancy last night while I was in the between-waking-and-sleep phase that they should hire Stackpole to write Books 11 and 12 of the X-Wing series, set in 138 ABY and starring the Legacy-era Rogues as the Triumvirate campaigns against some holdout Krayt loyalists or something.

Darth Ridiculis likes this.
  22. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    Nobody145 you get a copy already???!!

23. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Does Stazi appear in this issue?

Jeff_Ferguson

I would die for a series of stories about Anj Dahl rebuilding Rogue Squadron (which is down to just one other known surviving pilot, Monia Gahan) and helping the new Triumvirate mop up Sith-Imperial remnants. :D

--Adm. Nick

Jedi Ben and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    John & Jan (and Omar!) introducing a new Rogue Squadron halfway into the series as part of their introduce-and-explore-the-GA-Remnant storyline was one of the best parts of the series. Within the confines of Legacy, it enriched the cast of characters; provided a good counterpoint to Skull Squadron; and gave the GA Remnant some good everyperson perspective to balance out Stazi's from-the-bridge POV. In the context of the wider EU, it made me realize just how badly the Rogues were missing from LOTF and FOTJ. Their two-second cameos in Bloodlines and Fury don't count.

Nobody145 and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. Darth Ridiculis

Darth Ridiculis Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 15, 2013
    Anyone else think AG-37 is a revamped IG-88... or perhaps C-3PO in a new body haha? Whoah.

cthugha likes this.