main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legacy: War #2

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    Or maybe the problem was that he called her too soon.

I personally assumed that Roan was training himself in that scene.

2. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    The Knight in that scene was Roan's training partner.

It's good to be the king.

Vialco likes this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I really have to agree with Nick, Jeff and Hav; no chance in hell that Sinde is the traitor. Chalk strikes me as the most likely option, too.

Vialco likes this.
  4. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Jan --- you didn't just confirm that that lovely lady was an Imperial Knight, did you? [face_thinking]

And, uh, you wouldn't be able to tell us who the gal on the far left of this picture is, would you? [face_praying]

[image=http://i956.photobucket.com/albums/ae49/gradualferguson/random/IKceremony.jpg]

Sigel? New character? One of the IK's from Agamar seen here? I'm almost certain it's a new character, but as we haven't seen you draw Sigel all that often, I just wanna make sure. Kindly help a diehard IK fan out!

5. Jan_Duursema

Jan_Duursema Comic Artist: -AOTC -Legacy -Republic star 4 VIP

May 15, 2001
    She was meant to be the same Knight in the sparring scene. Hair is a different color, I know. Maybe chalk that up to lighting, I guess...

6. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    does she have a name? or should we call her Blonda SparImpKnight?

Shadojoker

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    No, the talk of a spy/traitor within Roan Fel's inner circle really picked up around the time of the ambush Agamar, the vague hint in #13 wasn't the only hint before this solicitation. We've been talking about who the traitor could be since the MONSTER arc.

But is it a far leap to go from "it's ok to sacrifice others (peo

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    ;)
    I wonder how close Fel REALLY came to the dark side after she asked him: "Are you ready to do MY bidding, master?" [face_thinking]

9. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Are you giving us a clue to who the traitor is there? [face_whistling]

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Be mindful, your focus can determine your reality.
    :p

11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    The truth is out there! Yes, hiding in plain sight. Nothing happens by accident! Yes, yes, no coincidences, none at all, only the Force! It was a clue, it couldn't have been a coincidence, yes a clue I tell you! 8-}

12. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    Interesting... very interesting. Thanks so much for indulging us with the info! [:D]

Ah, right, Veed said something about a source close to Fel in Monster, didn't he? But Maladi's statement in Issue 13 that there was a spy in the court was the first indication, so the spy's been there since as early as the events of Ready to Die. I thought it was Sia after Monster, but the events of Extremes put that theory to rest.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah. Roan Fel and the Imperial Knights also suspect that there is a Traitor among them, IIRC, after Nyna arrives. That's when talk of a traitor/spy really began to take off.

And I forget Maladi's exact quote from #13, my stack of Legacy comics is at my apartment and I've been at my parents, can you post it here for me?

14. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This is outrageous!:p

I think your stretching really far to think that Sinde would work with the same group that caused the genocide on Dac.

Would this be a huge twist, absolutley, but it would also make no sense. Even if Sinde thought he needed to remove Fel he wouldn't seek aid from the Sith to do it. Basically what you saying is that the one character who has spent almost his every appearance fighting the One Sith is actually in their back pocket.

Sense that does not make.

15. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    You don't need to excuse a woman's change in hair color with lighting. Women do it every other day, just like changing clothes.

16. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    The Imperial Knights don't change their clothes... [face_peace]

Ghost: I was actually mistaken. In Issue 13, Krayt asks Maladi if she has an agent within Fel's court, and her response is:

"There's always someone who can be shaped and molded to our ends. It's just a matter of finding who."

But it's still not Sinde.

I'm liking the idea of it being Fel's sparring partner. Why else would Jan include her in last month's issue? And you just know that Roan like, totally let slip the location of his rendezvous with the Jedi during one of their "sparring" sessions. ;)

17. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I get the feeling Maladi was speaking of Havok. He had joined the One Sith by then, and definately molded to fit their needs. He was a former IK, and I think he was who Fel was speaking with in #35. So he wormed his way back in.

Probably not, or Vao either; although, I suppose Muur could have corrupted him. But corrupted him to the point of spying for the Sith?

My money is on Sigel, unfortunately. :( Remember, Legacy 0 also says that she doesn't want to admit that the Empire she loves is falling apart.

I don't think that particular punch would hit hard enough. She hasn't even had a speaking part, so... what does she really mean to fans.

[face_thinking]

However, her betrayal could mean a lot to Fel depending on how close their 'sparring' relationship is.

18. Jeff_Ferguson

May 15, 2006
    I'm pretty sure Legacy 0 actually says that Sigel doesn't want to admit that the galaxy is falling apart, not the Empire.

And you think that Havok was Fel's spy in Issue 35? After he betrayed the IK's, killed Roan's wife, and was targeted for death by Fel? Not a chance. [face_peace]

I don't know if the betrayal will necessarily be an emotional one. If it were Chalk, it would be, if it were Sigel, probably not so much. I can actually see something like Fel having another sparring session with blue-eyes in this month's issue, and musing out loud about important and secret stuff. Then her relaying it over the HoloNet to Maladi, and Chalk, having tapped everyone's rooms in his new role as Intelligence officer, catching her in the act. I'm liking that theory more and more...

19. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Jeff, on Havok.

I see your arguement against it but, yes, I still think it was him. When Havok picks Sia up on Coruscant, the costuming is identical. Roan may not trust Havok but he could use him. I'll admit that if it was Niin, at this point it appears to be Fel who was played, but the tables could turn.

Fel's whole 'restore my faith in you' spill could indicate that there had been a major falling out with this individual in the past. Legacy 35 (where we first see the spy) is the first time we see Roan (other than the holo-transmission with Draco over the Talisman) after Sia's spill to Azlyn about Havok leaving the IKs (introducing him via proxy into the story)at the hidden temple.

All circumstantial but I think it could work.

The only other known spy that Roan has is Nyna. But the audience already knows she's working with him so there is no reason to conceal her identity from us. Plus, whoever it is appears to be much larger in stature than Nyna, probably male.

One more thought on the spy. Also, in Legacy 35 Fel tells Antares to find out what's happening on Coruscant with Krayt. And then we see the spy a few pages later. It would be a stretch, but Draco could have been the cloaked figure in 35. If they answer the identity question at all, it may not be important. The spy in 35 and the traitor to be revealed aren't necessarily the same person.

On Sigel.

My feel on the character is that for her the galaxy is the Empire. I don't see a lot of differential for Sigel. So if the Empire is falling apart, then the galaxy is falling apart and vice verse. What we've seen of her, she's incredibly rigid in her thinking, more so than even Draco who will at least listen to other points of view.

No slam on Sigel intended, I [face_love] her. She's so ridiculously cute in her unwavering selfless narcissism. [face_love] And I hope that I'm completely wrong and it isn't her. [face_peace] If there is to be a traitor I hope it's the sparring partner. But I have a feeling that it's otherwise.

On emotion.

My preference is that it be emotional for either Fel, the audience or both. It should be a gut punch for someone. :p

20. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Out of the blue:

Fel is the traitor.:cool:

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    The real twist would be Ganner. But I can't reconcile him working with Sith given he'd be prepared to kill Fel to prevent him from going to the Dark Side.

But his loyalty to fel is certainly strained.

I'd love it if Veed turned out to be Fel's agent. That would make the character very interesting very quickly as opposed to the sniveling coward he seems to be now. [face_thinking]

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, I thought it was something like that.

That's to be determined. ;)

It's either Treis Sinde or Hogrum Chalk, and it looks too obvious to make the disfigured cyborg be the secret bad guy, yet again. These are the two men Roan Fel trusts completely, it will be one of them.

The solicitation says "she", so it seems obvious it's Nyna... but I think it will be revealed that EVERY Moff (except Veed) has been giving some support to Fel. :p Each of them has a reason to. Nyna, Yage, the Chiss guy, Rus, etc. It could be an "I am Spartacus" moment.

VEED: I know one of you is Fel's spy! Which one of you is it? Time to cough it up!
    NYNA: My dear, I am Fel's spy!
    YAGE: No, I am Fel's spy!
    RUS: Actually, I am Fel's spy!
    GEIST: I thought I was Fel's spy?!
    FEHLAAUR: To be clear, I am Fel's spy as well.
    VEED: Uhhh... you know I'm kind of slow at these games... but I think I'm going to be Fel's spy now too!

23. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    [image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1923/98/100/54078764594/n54078764594_1902101_8008.jpg]

:mad: PREVIEW or the Bunny gets it!!

where is Manisphere when you need him..usually comes thru in clutch times like these..ho hum

Shadojoker

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That would be a beautiful moment, when the Moff's all jointly realise that none of them want the Sith anymore. And the only way to divest themselves of them is the Jedi and Fel. Beautiful. One's hoping, anyway. Common sense at that end of the Empire is lacking, bless them.

25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Heh, that'd be a funny sight. I don't think any of them ever wanted the Sith, its just that they've never had a choice in the matter, since we saw what happened when Veed didn't immediately swear fealty to Krayt. Too bad they haven't bothered to do much, that Mofference way back in Claws of the Dragon would've been a perfect time for that, but most of them are too beaten down or afraid of Sith reprisals to do anything, and Veed isn't going to ever go to Fel for help (unless he's much smarter than we've seen him act). Calixte's the only one who has been trying, the others have mostly been trying not to get themselves killed. Sadly, that lack of cooperation has always been a serious flaw in Moffs, but then if they were that intelligent and willing to work with others, then they wouldn't be Moffs in the first place. Even with Fel's rising power (establishing a near impenetrable base at Bastion), none of them are willing to swallow their pride or ambition to try and work with Fel, not that Fel would trust them easily. Except for Calixte, under certain circumstances, as seen at Agamar. Unless the cloaked figure is one of the Moffs.

I remember back during Extremes people were speculating that Havok/Niin might've been a deep-cover Fel plant, but that's not likely given everything he's done, like torture Sia, not let Draco go and apparently killing the last Empress. Anyway, when Draco supposedly killed him, nobody probably knew about the One Sith yet then anyway. Hm, Rus is already working for him (as far as Fel knows), Yage seems too beaten down to do anything, Geist is still too arrogant to go crawling back to Fel, Veed's too stupid and ambitious, and Calixte is still working on her own plan. The Chiss Moff is the obvious one who could be working for Fel again, given the Fel's family history, but maybe too obvious too.

Here's hoping a preview is up soon. When did #1's preview come out relative to the issue? Sorry, my memory fades fast. Hopefully we'll see something tomorrow or or Monday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.