main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Legal status of God

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I think of God as like a programming algorithm for randomizing human behavior. Push the God button on a human, and the human does something. Sometimes it's something predictable, sometimes something unpredictable. And the level of randomization also varies randomly.

SuperWatto and Hank Hill like this.
  2. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Yes, politics and laws are often scams. That has nothing to do with God, but all too often they are.

3. Naeriel

Naeriel Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2015
    Genesis 1:27
    …26Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth."…

Therefore, we were made within his image. Meaning, that we, as the people, preside over one another by the likeness and understanding that he has given to us. We are the mortality that takes the fall for our God. We are the flesh that is bruised and takes the beating. We are each solely responsible for upholding our God.

Meaning: God is a supreme being. He is our father, nothing but our creator and guidance from the dark. What we do is of our own and for that we will be punished upon Earth and later given judgement from our Creator. We rule based upon ancient times, and as time changes, most of Christianity awaits their messiah. I am LDS. I believe the messiah still speaks, has come, gone, and taken the fall for our sins and crimes. He was the earthly body and flesh of the God. He has taken his punishment to prove what we must do.

Yet as times change, we rule from a book written thousands of years ago instead of speaking to our God. Making belief hard and attempting to keep the world from evolving and changing.
    The way I say it is this - God created us. He told us what to do and it's up to us to do it. There are pieces of **** and there are good people. There are believers and nonbelievers. Nobody is bad, nobody is good. We just must take care of one another - share the belief if we can, if we can't, love one another anyway.
    I feel like religion has too much of a role in government. Until there is a time in which someone can truly love and break away the chains and stop playing the hand of God, religion will continue to be a sick excuse for what ideals people decide are abhorrent to them and to enforce their opinions on the entire of humanity.

Romans 2:1
    You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Case and point, in legality, God is an entity named of many's moral code. He is not a being, but a faith, a belief of our being. I would file it under interpretation of poetry. Of a coping mechanism, a personal code of ethics. While to some, God is everything, he truly is nothing. He rules each of us, but not to be confused with the ruling of a corrupt structure of individuals whom are using the name of God to impede the evolution of mankind today's needs.

Note: I am theistic agnostic converting to LDS. This is solely my interpretation of the question.

Darth-Horax likes this.
  4. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    lol

5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I'm pretty sure God is a illegal.

Hank Hill likes this.
  6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    God is imaginary.

Lazy Storm Trooper and Hank Hill like this.
  7. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Oh come on, two pages and nobody posted Joan Osborne? You guys are slipping.

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh no way! I took LSD once, and had a conversation with God too!

9. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Until a god can be physical proven he, she, or it should not have any say in the legal system; because despite what many Americans seem to think the United States is and should stay as a secular nation and has never been a "Christian nation". It is in everyone's best interests, religious or not, that the American government does a better job to keep Chruch and State separate. No religion should have any say in government in any way as it promotes not only an equal playing field for all religions, but also an exchange of differing thoughts and opinions.

10. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    This warms my heart.

Going back to the OP, George Burns already answered your question

11. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Why is it that while I know that GenAntilles is talking about the Abrahamic God, I can't help but think of some Lovecraftian Old One? Is God Cthulhu?

Actually, having the Abrahamic God be an Old One would make so much sense.

Hank Hill and Ender Sai like this.
  12. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000

But only when practiced by the religious. Because as this discussion clearly shows, they are the ones with the double standard here. And this is the thrust of my argument: in essence, every religious lawmaker is insincere.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
  14. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I saw God once. He's in the plants.
    No wait, I saw God twice and that other time.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Still waiting for her green card.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    The only God I worship:

[​IMG]

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I'm not sure what's worse. At least the Catholic god has class.

18. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    God is held to the rules he creates. In order to be just, this is so. If he breaks his own rules, he could not be judgmental.

19. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    This makes no sense.

20. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    It's very simple. If you forbid a certain action, then you yourself cannot perform that action. No double standards.

Darth-Horax likes this.
  21. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    So if a parent forbids children to leave the house alone, then the parent cannot leave the house alone?

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    So it is just to murder then.

23. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
  24. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    In my opinion murder is different from killing. Murder is senseless. But a death penalty can be a righteous judgement. Hence the whole equal exchange of eye for eye, tooth for tooth, life (soul) for life (soul)

Darth-Horax likes this.
  25. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, a death penalty for being gay or unfaithful to your spouse. Such a righteous punishment. Oh, let's not forget that making fun of a bald priest is also a crime worthy of death.