main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Legal status of God

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Mar 26, 2015.

1. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    Hey the people of Israel knew what the result would be for the acts and disregard of the established Law, their blood was on their own hands. I also think that the way the community executed the punishment served as an example of the pain that the Creator must feel having to essentially do the same. Know what i mean? Like say how much it would hurt for me to have to stone my brother for killing his wife or something how much more so for the Person who knew him when he was developing in his mother and saw his every moment knew how many hairs were on his head and knew and loved the person he had the potential and desire to be. And just my opinion.

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    It's hilarious how you think you can justify those barbaric acts.

3. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015

True, also Christianity originally was politically neutral and declared allegiance only to their Creator and his rulership. Even denying military obligations imposed by earthly governments (mainly Rome seeing as im refering to the first century) or any other laws the were in contradiction to their faith. Even to the point of death.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I guess any disgusting sadistic "consequence" for so-called "sinful" behavior is completely acceptable as long as people know about it ahead of time.

Especially since people should just stop being homosexual and women should just learn to obey men if they don't want rocks thrown at them until they die. It's not the rock-throwers' problem.

5. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    Okaaay anyways it was a long time ago and for me i think it served a purpose. A lesson learned for the human family

6. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    I really came to this forum hoping to talk about Star Wars haha

7. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    I can't stop being an alcoholic but that doesn't mean i can't stop drinking (which i have, been sober for a little while now just to clarify) i guess that's not the same thing but i thought maybe it was similar.

8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Alright can we talk about the legal status of God now?

9. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    I'm still slightly confused as to what that's supposed to mean. :I

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If this person is actually comparing being an independent self-sufficient woman or a homosexual to having an addiction problem, moving on to something else would probably be best.

Thankfully the god who believes that bull**** has no legal status, despite some lawmakers in Indiana and a few other places trying to make that god a totalitarian dictator.

Hank Hill and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  11. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    The cool thing about inventing an imaginary god is that you can assign whatever qualities you want to it. And since this god is imaginary, you can also disguise any horrible act you want as "god's law." After all, this god can't exactly contradict you, can it?

I don't think there is a provision in any legal system where imaginary characters can be held accountable for real-world actions.

12. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    I was comparing it the sexual orientation aspect, in my mind it relates since desire and mental/emotional state doesn't have to designate course of action. I did admit they are different situations but i feel like there can be similarities if you choose to view it that was. I'm confused about your independent, self- sufficient woman comment. My name is Isaac.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was talking about the demand from the Judeo-Christian god that women be subservient and submissive to men and be punished for "disobedience," not your gender.

14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Trust Him

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I believe the legal status of God is quite obvious, at least the Christian God. He's dead. He was subject to all the laws humans were subject to and he was arrested, tried, convicted & executed while on the earth as Jesus Christ. The courts not being into this whole resurrection thing, God should be considered dead until such time as He presents himself before a current legal body with definitive proof of his identity to see that legal status reversed. Even then, it's not open and shut; in 2013, an Ohio man was declared to still be legally dead by a judge despite the fact that he was alive and present in the courtroom. Given God's basically hermetic tendencies, the legal cases He would conceivably open Himself too should He appear in court, the very tricky ins & outs of the legal systems and the fact that the verdict of death has stood legally uncontested for two thousand years, it seems that God's legal status will remain "deceased" for the foreseeable future.

MrZAP and SuperWatto like this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    WDNDSWITJCC

17. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    That was one brilliant answer, Rogue. I just fear not all Christians agree with you.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  18. dr.isaac

dr.isaac Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    Uhm is that an acronym?

19. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
  20. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    "Black Sabbath". Such crude satanism.

21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Why did the kids your total **** of a god gave fatal illnesses to do?

22. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Children's cancer is a part of god's plan. A cruel, sadistic plan. Which looks remarkably similar to there being no god and no plan at all.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Actually, no plan at all is better, because there is no one to blame for being cruel and sadistic.

24. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm sure it would hurt you and your deity to have to stone your brother to death, but I'm rather certain the brother would be more hurt by it.

Please don't try to compare the suffering of the killer to that of being killed. It reeks of a certain lack of empathy that I despise.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    The difference between killing and murder is just a legal fiction. You can have a righteous killing without having regard to religious principles and it will still be murder. For example I would consider killing a pedophile as righteous but I would still go to jail for murder. God and religion are irrelevant to the distinction. In fact god and religion are irrelevant to pretty much everything. That is why god has the same legal status as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.