main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto legalization of marijuana just some questions

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_master_Bernard, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_master_Bernard

Jedi_master_Bernard Jedi Master star 1

Dec 5, 2002
    what are your guys imput on it.

if any one knows the health effcts, economics or decriminalization of marijuana,

i just would like some ideas to put in to a school news.

basically just put in your own input.

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    I have a feeling this topic will soon be closed and deleted as some folk around here are a little sensitive about this subject and I beleive this is a major violation of the TOS. However I don't agree with the rule. I am tired of people hiding under a rock ignoring the social issues that face us with ignorance of apathy.

To me the changes to the laws are apt, taking the focus off of simple possession, and worrying more about dealers and traffickers. IMO they are the real "problem". They are the source and are the ones pushing pot. Thus if you want to stop the whole proccess, you go after them. Busting everyone with a gram or two here and a dime bag there, I think you will find that this will only congest to courts in endless hearings. To tidy the legal system a little and focus rather on the source of the issue, the problem will be better addressed.

However I think the real question is whether this really is a problem that needs adressing. I am not convinced it is.

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Hi there, We had this debate over legalization almost two years ago in the canada general forum. I would like you to read that locked thread. I think a lot of questions will be answered. -Dan

Here

4. Jedi_master_Bernard

Jedi_master_Bernard Jedi Master star 1

Dec 5, 2002
  5. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    actually a probably better place to look would be the senate..

Senate

6. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Also, don't forget:

They aren't legalizing MJ... they are de-criminalzing it. BIG difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.