main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Legend of the Outrider - Dash Rendar scenes - pre, during, and post ESB and SOTE

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    RUNAWAY

Author: Serena Kenobi

These will be a series of oneshots that developed from this first one. They'll go in order, and all together they'll make up a story. These oneshots were originally written for the rewrite challenge. Enjoy!

This was a particularly fun challenge for me because I always felt that characters like Dash, Jix, and other minor comic characters don't get enough screen time. Computer screen time. :D

Summary: Set during ANH. Dash is about to leave the planet of Tatooine when a mysterious stranger asks him for help...

Disclaimer: Care to share, Lucas? [face_batting]

Dash Rendar was bored. Bored? bored? bored. He hadn?t had a good job in over a month. His pay was running low. Come to think of it, so was the drink in his hand? Dash shook his head. This was getting to be pathetic. He needed a job, and he needed one now. Sitting around doing nothing in a bar on Tatooine ? Tatooine of all places! ? was just not what he wanted to be doing.

?Hey, mind if I join??

He looked up to see a young woman wearing a hat and clothes that looked much too big for her, shorter dark hair, and bright green eyes standing there nervously. He glanced around for a moment and said in a bored tone, ?Can?t you sit somewhere else??

She looked uncomfortable. ?No??

He sighed. ?Fine. Sit.?

?Actually,? she piped up, plopping into the seat across from him, ?I?m looking for a job.?

His hearing suddenly improved. ?What kinda job?? He tried to maintain that bored tone. So far, it was working wonders for him.

She shrugged. ?I don?t know. I?ll do almost anything. Well, within reason.? The hat slipped forward, covering her face, and she pushed it back quickly.

Dash scowled. ?Look, sweetheart, I?m a smuggler. I don?t need another guy ? or girl ? on my ship slowin? me down. If you got a job for me, now, that?s a different story.?

?Well, I don?t. Not unless you count smuggling me?? she trailed off, her expression becoming thoughtful. ?Actually? could you smuggle me??

Now his interest was peaked. ?Why? Where??

?No reason,? she answered hurriedly. ?I just, uh, need to get away.? Once again, the large brown hat slipped in front of her face, and she hurriedly fixed it.

Dash, despite himself, felt a grin coming onto his face. ?Get away from who?? He asked pointedly. ?Your parents? A slave trader? An ex-boyfriend or fiancé??

?How ?bout all three?? She said, miserable. Her small shoulders slumped.

His eyes widened. ?Huh??

?I can?t talk here,? she licked her lips and continued, ?But I can pay you well. Erm, well, sort of well. I have two thousand credits.?

He snorted. ?That it? That?s nothin?, kid.?

Her eyes flashed, and her lips pressed hard together. ?Fine. Don?t know why I even bothered.? She rose to her feet.

?Don?t know why you did, either.? He threw her a lazy grin and placed his boots upon the table. He knew she would come back.

After a few seconds, she turned around, a desperate look on her pretty face. ?Please!? She begged. ?I don?t have much time before they find me. You have to help me!?

?I don?t have to [i]do anything[/i], green eyes.? His smirk, he knew, was infuriating her. But he couldn?t help it. It was so much fun being annoying!

?Then what do I have to do to get you to help me?? She demanded.

That smirk grew, and her eyes narrowed. ?Don?t even??

?Dirty thoughts, green eyes!? He mocked, still smirking. ?Don?t worry. Wasn?t suggestin? anything of that sort.?

She sat back down and looked around nervously. ?Then what??

?Hmm,? he leaned forward. ?Let me think about it, and I?ll get back to you.?

?Time is of the essence,? she hissed. ?I can?t stay here. It?ll only be another few minutes before they find me! Before he finds me!?

?Then I guess he finds you,? he shrugged carelessly. She glared, and he chuckled. ?Fine, green eyes. I?ll get you off the planet. Have to have a name first.?

She blinked. ?Um?? She paused, thinking.

?Time is of the essence,? he chanted mockingly.

?Kelrax,? sh

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Should be an interesting ride! ;)

=D=

3. Dana-Skywalker

Dana-Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I like this! I agree, Dash doesn't get enough attention, and he's an awesome character. :D

Will you be continuing? Please do, that was a great start. =D=

4. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    VaderLVR64: Should be an interesting ride!

I hope it will be! Thanks!

Dana-Skywalker: I like this! I agree, Dash doesn't get enough attention, and he's an awesome character. Will you be continuing? Please do, that was a great start.

He is an awesome character! And yes, as long as the challenges continue, so will I. A super challenge is coming up, so that'll be fun to write. Your name sounds familiar... have you joined Fanlib.com or Fanfiction.net? Maybe both?

[b]SHOOTER[/b]

[b]Author:[/b] Serena Kenobi

[b]Summary:[/b] To Hoth or not to Hoth? That is the question...

[b]Disclaimer:[/b] To own or not to own? That is the quest- OKAY FINE! I don't own it.

[hr]

Dash Rendar was bored. Bored? bored? bored. He hadn?t had a good job in over two weeks. His pay was running low. Come to think of it, so was the drink in his hand? Dash shook his head. This was getting to be pathetic. He needed a job, and he needed one now. So far, the Alliance had hired him as a cargo transporter bringing supplies ranging from food to grenades to the bitterly icy planet of Hoth.

Right now, however, he was sitting in the small bar on his ship and drinking. He would have to return to Hoth soon enough to see if they needed any more transporters.

?Hey, Hotshot!?

Dash turned to see Kelrax coming up to him. She was clothed in her normal baggy pants, black shirt, and black overcoat that went down to her feet, which were booted with boots that looked too big for her. She looked mad. Great. ?What?s the prob??

?The prob is your stupid droid! He won?t stop telling me bad jokes!?

?So what do you want me to do about it??

?Shut him down or shut him up!?

Dash shrugged, feeling lazy. ?Don?t feel like it. Deal with it yourself.?

Kelrax growled and stormed off. The next minute, Dash heard the sound of a screaming of sorts in a mechanical voice, and then he heard the sound of a shot being fired. He froze. She hadn?t actually? shot Leebo, had she? His droid? He leaped off the bar and took off down the hallway. When he got to the central hold, he saw a sizzling Leebo, his eye lights dead, and a smug Kelrax sitting lazily on a cargo bin and twirling a smoking blaster in her hand. The stench of melted metal was in the air.

?You shot him?? Dash exclaimed.

She shrugged, imitating his usual pose and mannerisms. ?You told me to deal with it. So I did.? She was smirking.

Dash glared furiously at her. ?Woman, do not touch my droid again!? Fond of her as he was, Dash couldn?t help but be very irritated by the girl sometimes. She was infuriating! He leaned down to look through the laser hole through Leebo?s head. ?Great,? he fumed, ?Now I?ll have to get him repaired.?

?Congratulations.? She was still twirling the blaster.

He rose to his full height. ?Now we have to find somewhere to replace it. The only place that?s somewhat safe is Hoth with the Rebels.?

?But I hate Hoth!? Kelrax whined.

?Deal with it,? Dash smirked. ?I?m entering in the coordinates right now. Oh, and you can clean up the mess.? He motioned to the melted iron and dripping metal surrounding Leebo.

Kelrax opened her mouth, but he turned and strode away.

[hr]

They arrived on Hoth a day later, much to Kelrax?s dismay. The Rebels were able to fix Leebo so that he was fully functional again? and back to his bad jokes. Kelrax threatened to shoot him again, and Leebo shut up after that.

A week or so later, Dash found himself sitting at a familiar place? a bar. It was a small bar and an unimpressive one to say the least, but it was something. It wasn?t as if he was a drunk ? sometimes he?d order ice cold water ? but Kelrax had been getting to him lately.

?Hey, Hotshot!?

Dash groaned and rubbed his temples, slouching over the bar counter. The last thing he needed was another lecture. ?Go away, Kelrax,? he muttered.

Kelrax glared at him and gave him a hard shove. He only barely managed to stay on his feet, and he yanked himself upwards. His green eyes glared at her green

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.