main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legend of the Seeker

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Mastadge, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill-Thompson

Bill-Thompson Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 4, 2008
    Of course I am, deviance and I go together like Star and Wars. :D

It really is a show that I think any fan of the sword and sorcery genre should get some enjoyment out of it. Only caveat is that I think you need the ability to disassociate yourself from the books. I've heard from too many fans who complain about the direction the TV show is going and how it doesn't match up with the books. Duh, it's a completely different entity, of course the two don't add up. Either way, you should check it out sometime, it is a really fun show.

2. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I caught the show a few times on tv and ended up watching the first season on hulu. I was entertained enough to check out the books. The show is definitely different in terms of adapting to the format and watering down the adult content, but the show has an extra element of humor and adventure and the characterizations are the same. I think I like the more "boyish"-looking representation of Richard in the show. I may be biased, though, since Craig Horner is seriously hot. The acting is by no means brilliant, but it's not bad and I think they're improving. I'm looking forward to seeing the second season, especially the romance portion. I'm such a girl.

Also, I was not at all a fan of Xena or Hercules.

3. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    I saw a couple of episodes of the first season but didn't stay with it. I caught a little of the season two premiere at work today. I'd like to go back and catch up eventually - or perhaps read the books.

4. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    This is my newest exciting series to watch, i love it, ive watched all season 1 and season 2 is even better so far.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.