main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jobo, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    Well, I looked in the first 6 pages (25PPP) but couldn't find anything related. If you're wondering, yes, this is the official title of the new game. Hoo boy. [face_plain] Anyway, I suspect that the Wind Waker is some sort of new trick (much like morphing in Majora's Mask). ...thoughts?
    _jOBO

2. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    What a coincidence I just read an interview with Miyamote and Aonuma on gamespy about it here

The game sounds really promosing and the wind waker is a boat to travel to island.

The interesting part is the music, they will use 2 tracks from A Link to the Past and I'm wondering which one. I'm hoping the dark world theme (although it's unlikely).

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that interview was also on IGN and a couple other sites as well.

Some interesting things of note that were confirmed/reconfirmed in that interview is that there are indeed multiple Links, and that the games are NOT simply a retelling of the same story, since The Wind Waker is set 100 years after OOT and will make reference to the events of OOT in a couple places.

Also, the new name for "Ura Zelda" that is being included on that bonus disc with Ocarina of Time is now the "Master Quest".

4. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Is the bonus disc for pre-orders only? Or will they have some kind of bundle at retail?

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

5. Jobo

Aug 14, 2000
    As far as I know, they've not decided.... in japan it's pre-order, but America is more into the bundle type thing.
    _jOBO

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Nothing official has been announced, but pre-orders is most likely.

7. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, this game will be a treat.

Famitsue magazine gave it a 40/40.

All 4 reviewers gave it a perfect score.

For those who do not know Famitsu, they are considered the best gaming magazine in the world and is the most respected an the most extensive, realising 200 page volumes every week. And they are also known to be the harshest critics around. And the most unbiased.

Only 3 games before this have gotten perfect scores:

- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)

- Vagrant Story (PSX)

- Soual caliber (DC)

And now, Zelda: The Wind Waker joins the ranks.

They stated that the game is not oly beautiful, but has great game play, deep and it even manages to exceed the Nintendo 64 version.

So, I think we're in for a fun ride. I played the demo a while ago, which was still unfinished and unpolished, and it was amazing.

And yes, the Wind Waker refers to one of the special things you can do in the game. You gain the power to control the wind and bend its will.

8. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    That sounds so SWEET!!! I am looking forward to it with great anticipation. I loved OOT. I can't say that I liked MM much cause of the time limit thing. But, the game was decent.
    Thanks for the info. I can't wait!!

9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    No doubt it will be a good title. As far as Famitsu goes, I never trust their scores. They give good games crap scores and crap games good scores. Those wacky Japanese. Oh well, someone has to like dating simulators and Horse Racing games. :p :p :p

-----signature-----

10. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Also, FYI, the bonus disc's in the US will be like Japan, for pre-orders ONLY. No bundles. When stock runs out, it runs out. So pre-order if you want the bonus.

11. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Ack, I hate pre-ordering. Pre-orders are for suckers, you always end up getting your game later then sooner. :(

-----signature-----

12. Jobo

Aug 14, 2000
    But at least you have the assurance that you will get it.
    _jOBO

13. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I've never, ever had any problems getting a new game on the day of it's release, ever. :D

-----signature-----

14. Jobo

Aug 14, 2000
    Amazingly, same here. Metroid Prime, I came in and they said, "Sorry today is only for people who reserved," so I was like, "Damn." So the next day I come back and I get it. . . . dumb story.

Anyway, that Wind Power thingy sounds cool.
    _jOBO

15. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    When is it going to be out?

I forget.

16. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    March 24.

I can't wait. IGN has videos and they look amazing.

17. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    It looks like most of us have jumped the gun a little with regards to the Wind Waker.

Could it be that 'Celda' is actualy *gasp* pretty amazing?

18. Patrick Russell

Patrick Russell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm still not crazy about the Looney Toons look, but if it plays well and has a good story to it, I'll probably pick it up and enjoy it.

19. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Where do you have to pre-order it in order to get the bonus disc? Nintendo itself?

Do any of the online stores actually mention and guarantee the bonus disc for pre-orders?

20. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    All the Stores online have said that there will be a "Special Gift Included for Pre-Orders that will be announced shortly" Or something along those lines.

I'm going to wait till I know for certain before pre-Ordering, but I will Definatley get this game :)

21. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    I never jumped the gun at all.

I think the game looks beautiful and finally, graphics that match the very awsome anime artwork I always find in the manuals.

Zelda always had an anime/cartoony look. Only ones that didn't were OoT and MM for N64. Which were awsome games, but felt a little strange as it didn't seem to fit within the universe.

And I know that the older Zeldas were on NES and SNES and Gameboy... but that's not the case. I've seen games from those systems use realistic graphics, within the limitations of course.

I dig this.

And plus, when you play it and see it in motion, you will see how beautiful and lush and expressive it is. I mean... wow!

And plus, I never had doubts. Miyamoto and Zelda = best combination ever.

And on that note, I recieved my copy, imported from Japan today :D

Granted, I'll won't understand it, but it'll be a nice edition to my collection of imported games I can't understand.

I'm such a sucker cause I'll be picking it up in March over here too, so I an understand it because it is story heavy and text heavy.

Oh... and Ganon's back!

:D

22. son_of_the_tear

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, Software Etc, Gamestop and EB said they will include the bonus disc with pre-orders starting in Febuary.

BUT... they say if you pre-order before Febuary, you will still get the bonus disc. So pre-order now. It's not that much. Just a 10 dollar deposit, which will also guarantee your game because as tie has shwn, Zelda is a hot seller and I'm sure it will sell out.

I'm looking forward to the discs because I didn't get them with my import. They wanted to charge me 20 bucks for a bonus disc which is free in Japan with pre-orders.

So when I pick up the US version, which I have on pre-order, I will get the bonus discs.

Now, according to IGN.com, they bonus discs will be included with the US release.

But anything can change until then. And if it does, who cares. You will be pre-ordering a sweet game.

23. portman_is_so_fine

portman_is_so_fine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    thanks for the spoiler alert about that bad guy...

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I didn't want to know that...wonder if it's actually after ALTTP now...hmm..

25. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    If me thinking this [image=http://www.planetnintendo.com/zelda/zelda9/screenshots/zelda23.jpg] is the dumbest looking link ever is jumping the gun, then yeah I jumped the gun alright. :p

Woohoo, I'm getting pokemon for Christmas![image=http://www.planetnintendo.com/zelda/zelda9/screenshots/zelda16.jpg]

(sorry I couldn't resist enjoy your game guys, as long as you like it that's all that matters, not what some old married geezer like me thinks)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.