main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jobo, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Okay... I'm finally stuck. I am in the wind temple with my little deku fiddler guy (I believe he is a Korok... anyway he is the wind sage) and I am stuck in like the third room. Their is a wall I can Flip and Blow over. I can make my Deku guy Fly up to where the wall flips and there is a blowy thingie and a trapdoor that looks like it could be bombed... But Link cant affect it cause he's still by the flipping wall. This is also the first room where I've seen a block with sharpened edges sliding back and forth on the ground like classic Zelda...

Any help would be hot...

2. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Use the command song to take over Makar and sprout seeds to open the door on the other side. There are switches before that blade thingy that can close that huge thing

MQ was easy and so was tWW, especially because you're experienced to 3D Zelda now. (that's why OoT was so difficult first, we were not use to it).
    The only annoying thing about MQ was the switches hidden in the wall or the torches in the corner of the room. It should have been called the SneakyQuest ;)

I think that after beating OoT, MM, the oracle games, and a Link to the Past again in just a few years,

[brags]Few years, ha! I did that in a full year my friend [face_mischief]
    And reached the fourth dungeon of LoZ and got passed Death Mountain in AoL :p (last thing isn't much but still)
    [/brags]

But then again, it did went at the expense of my social life and schoolwork :p ;) [face_blush]

3. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    THank you... I didn't realise my little guy could sprout seeds...

4. WeeklyReader

WeeklyReader Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    ^Lovely phrase. :p

5. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Ok. I've had the game for a week now, and all I can comment on is the swordplay.

Wow.

I only fully appreciated it last minute in the big final fight at the end.

The Fighting system is amazing.

It's 'almost' the same, but it's been tweaked in such a way (the 'parry' function, I believe it's called), that it's completely lost the old Hack'n'Slash attitude of all the previous games.

It's given Link alot more etiquette in the way of the blade. And made the whole game a real hoot.

Despite the fact that there's only Five Dungeons... (6 if you count Gannon's tower at the end). The game is solid, brilliantly animated and well written (although, I would have thought the writers were up all night with a certain Kevin Costner film).

It's rather short, I was abit dissapointed to have completed it in a short week where Ocarina took me a good month or two back in it's hayday.

Kudos Nintendo, yet again.
    I can only hope that the rumours of a non-cell shaded gamecube Zelda are true, and that it'll be much more of a challenge.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>and got passed Death Mountain in AoL silly.gif (last thing isn't much but still)<<

Hey, that was THE benchmark before you had any idea just how friggin big the overworld map was [face_batting]

And, since Death Mountain seemed to be the hardest thing in the world of gaming at the time, by time you got to the rest of the game and realized that by comparison, Death Mountain was a piece of cake, your brain basicly exploded.... [face_batting]

7. Joe_The_Red

Joe_The_Red Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    In the latest Nintendo Power in the section where they say what's going to be in the next issue, they say there's going to be a lot of supprises revealed at E3 and there's a shadow of Link next to it. It kinda looks like the model from Soul Caliber.

8. DarthGunray

DarthGunray Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    My guess would be that maybe Nintendo is planning a new game for the GameCube...or maybe a game for the GBA...I hope they do both though... :D

9. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Well SoloCommand I'm taking all the sidequests now, it's a lot. Getting the figurines can be a pain, but worth it. They all look cool :)

It kinda looks like the model from Soul Caliber.

Sadly enough it is Soul Caliber 3. :(

10. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Are you sure?

If the new game is a GameCube game, I think they're just using the OoT and Soul Caliber Link because it's more recognizable as a shadow then the WW Link.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I don;t think it's Zelda related at all- I think the idea was to get across the image of something secret from Nintendo, so they took a Nintendo character to represent NIntendo and kept them in shadow to relay the idea of secret. They could have just as easily used Mario's shadow.

Perhaps a little too high-concept for a gaming magazine[face_batting]

12. Joe_The_Red

Apr 9, 2003
    Either way, it's there to get people pumped up for their next issue.

13. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    well, we will know what the mysterious game is in 3 days when they reveal it at E3. I really hope it is a new Zelda game in the works, something like they showed at 2000 space world with the "realistic" Link. I think that would be awesome! I really dont want to see another big headed link like in WW. I do think that 2ndquest is right though, it could just be a character that they put on there to get everyone hyped for something who knows what, but something good. I'm really hoping that it would be SSB 3!!!!! that would be the second best thing next to a new Zelda game.

Forcebewitya!

14. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    Does anyone know how many times I have to hit the old guy on outset island that trains you with the sword after you hit the five hundred mark and become a swordsman? is it 750... 1000?

15. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    You can hit him up to 1000 times, but I haven't even been up to 500 yet. It's just too long of a time for me.

16. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Nintendo confirmed a new Zelda game for the GameCube today at E3. The game is titled The Legend of Zelda: Tetra's Trackers. Some images were shown at the press conference. More is expected later this week.

That sounds like a sequel to WW. I got this information at Clicky

17. Joe_The_Red

Apr 9, 2003
    yar... time moves too slow. Hasn't E3 started yet?! It's the most wonderful time of the year.

18. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    I guess the surprise was a Zelda game. :p

19. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    AWESOME! I cant believe it a new Zelda game! the title is a little odd I must say, do you think it will be after WW? I'm guessing so... but wouldn't she be refered to as Zelda now?

Forcebewitya!

20. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Based on what I saw at the very end of WW, I believe Zelda went back to being Tetra.

21. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    The new Zelda game looks pretty lame... Apparently you just run around a 16-bit "Pirate Island" collecting stamps. It seems more like a mini-game than a major release.

22. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Agreed Nai. Tetra's Trackers does not apear to be a "real" Zelda game. Just more of Nintendo using the GBA and GCN together. Which IMHO is overrated.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Looking forward to the Four Swords (though hope they retitle it to avoid confusion)- can't wait to be seeing modernized ALTTP graphics on the TV screen again.

24. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    Isn't that already out? :confused:

25. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah but there's another ALTTP coming out for Gamecube. Check out Cantina's post here to see info on a plethora of new Nintendo games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.