main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jobo, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFett

VaderFett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2003
    I'm on the sage temples but I cannot do the forest water plants in 20 minutes that is impossibe and it's the only way to find makar isn't it? If it isn't tell me what is.

2. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    It's not required. I think all you get is a heart piece from that. But it should be easy to do if you have the warp song.

To find Makar you need to beat the Earth Temple with Medli first I think, then go to Forest Haven, and you'll see music notes coming out of one of the waterfalls. Go in there to find Makar.

3. VaderFett

May 20, 2003
    Oh I was trying to get him before finishing the earth temple. But I need the mirror sheild to get the chest that is invisable to get the key to go any further in that dungeon I assumed the mirror shield was in the wind temple. Where is it?!?

Thanks for helping if you need any codes to Rouge Leader or JKII I've got 'em all.

Vader Fett

4. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Use the command song to take over that bird girl, stand in a ray of light. Press A and aim at the chest with her harp.

5. VaderFett

May 20, 2003
    Lord Silvertouch has completed it twice, the evil piece of sh!t. However that in my opinion ruins the game I like to be rubbish at games 'cause it make them last longer. What do you guys think? You can find Lord S. at the Literature fourums

Vader Fett

6. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    I completed the game twice as well, with all the figurines :shrugs:

7. VaderFett

May 20, 2003
    20 minutes, 4 rooms, and I'm stuck again! I thank everyone who is helping my DarkLord/Mandalorian sorry self through these difficult times. I am now in the room in the earth temple with the block you move and some light comes down I need to move the next block but some daft eh,hem put a ruddy great statue on it following the pattern I tryed to shine light on it but Medi is locked up! I went back to the room with the fireskulls that come out of coffins and there is a switch that I need to put somthing on but there is nothing in the room I get the feeling that I should have used the command melody. Miamioto San usally leaves an escape root. What do I do oh wise ones.

Kni Be

8. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I was wondering...how is this Link and Zelda related to the ones in Ocarina of Time. At the end of Ocarina, Link met with Zelda in the castle gardens...so, are the new Link and Zelda the scions of the former? Meaning, did the Ocarina Link and Zelda...y'know, become lovers?

9. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    That's an open question. I don't think they ever said if Ocarina Link ever married. The only two cadidates at the end of the game were Malon and Zelda. Throughout the final strecth of the game, Link seemed slightly closer to Zelda, so....

10. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    And there's always Ruto... :p

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Okay, but are Wind Waker's Link and Zelda related? Anyway for us to know? Any indications by either game that Ocarina's Link and Zelda became more than just the dynamic duo of Hyrule?

12. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    double post

13. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
  14. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    If I remember correctly, when you meet the king in the castle and see Zelda for the first time, doesn't he say that Zelda is the last person with royal blood or something like that. Also, if Link had royal blood, then why did the King never mention it?

15. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    They only get together in Adventure of Link, that's the only game where Zelda kisses Link (or atleast hinting of that happening).

Besides how could Link settle down with Zelda if he never returned (it was describe in the intro of WW).

16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I figured that in TWW intro, when it said that Link never returned, that he had died by then of old age or whatnot.

And, I don't really recall the King ever stating that Zelda was the last person with Royal blood. But you might be right, I just don't remember it.

But, let's assume that's correct...so, who did Zelda hook up with after Ocarina, then? And is TWW's Link a direct descendant of Ocarina's Link?

17. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So, I started playing TWW again after beating it...what's with the invisible clothes? :confused:

18. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    who did Zelda hook up with after Ocarina

Some Hylian ;) And Link in tWW isn't a descandant of OoT, Link in OoT didn't had time to spawn any children. tWW is a sequel of one of the two timelimes at the end OoT, the young Link timeline and adult Link timeline (hence his dissapearing) adult Link went back in time using the Master Sword.

And the invisible clothes is a joke ;)

19. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    tWW is a sequel of one of the two timelimes at the end OoT, the young Link timeline and adult Link timeline (hence his dissapearing) adult Link went back in time using the Master Sword.

Uh...didn't OoT end with one timeline? I mean, after Link set down the Master Sword, everything was restored to the way it should be. That's what Zelda said would happen... :confused:

20. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    No there are two timelines and the ending proves it (and some official guy working on the game said it himself).

The end celebration took place in the future, where Ganondorf was put in the sacred realm. While the other time line was where Link put the mastersword into his eternal sleep.

Bah, I'm confusing myself now ?[face_plain]

But Wind Waker is the sequel to the future time line while the other Zelda games are a sequel to the past time line.

21. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Wow. Nintendo's, like, nutty to gabillionth degree.

22. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    This is so sad--it's like a summary of the first parts of OoT.

http://www.geocities.com/zeldamastery/ootkokiri.html

*sniff* Poor Saria. I always thought she and Link were, like, perfect romantically...except for all the differences. :(

I love this pic. *sniff* [face_love]

23. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    I've never been a Saria/Link fan :p

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    With possible exception to Majora's Mask, it's impossible for the other Zelda games to exist on a different timeline from OOT's future ending and TWW.

Why? Because if any games were only following the "past" ending of OOT, then Ganondorf would never be imprisoned, touch the Triforce or be perverted into his Ganon form, and the only game that does not factor into any of those plot threads is MM.

25. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    It makes more sense if it were the other way around, actually. In other words, Wind Waker (as well as Majora's Mask) is the sequel to the 'past' timeline and the rest are sequels to the 'future' timeline. Remember, in the WW introduction, it explains that when Ganondorf entered Hyrule for the second time, Link was unable to defeat him because he had traveled to Termina. Although, I don't know why Link would have been regarded as a hero in that timeline anyway, since nobody would have known he defeated Ganon the first time...

Bah. This is confusing. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.