main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jobo, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFett

VaderFett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2003
    I haven't finished it yet. I have been doing all the side quests first. isn't having your own little island really cool! I agree with forcebewitya though, I think hyrule should have risen up instead of being destroyed(I know the ending even tough I have not completed it)it would have been a class 3rd sequel!

Vader Fett

2. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I finished it after a month.
    Not as good as Ocarina, IMHO, but good

3. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    /\ I agree.

Forcebewitya!

4. Raincloud

Raincloud Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2002
    What are the triumph forks? I heard a fish talk about them.

5. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    When you get all the triumph forks they turn into the power of courage or something like that but you don't have to get them until the end of the game. But they play a big part of the game, but at the end whe courage (link), wisdow (zelda) and power (ganondorf) all come together it brings down the legendary tri-force!

6. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I am still on a quest for the heart pieces.
    _jOBO

7. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    NONONON

They're just fish for triforce shards.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    ::blows the dust off the thread like a collectible on his shelf::

Noticing my save file was last dated 6/16/2003, and with two Zelda games on their way this fall, I now return to my quest and live up to my username and complete this game, after all this time...even though I don't recall where I'm supposed to be going, or what the various songs do, I do know I need to start collected Triforce pieces, and my inventory shows I have none, so that's a good place to start, ha!

9. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I'm the same way Quest, no worries. I play through an island/quest, and then don't touch it again for months...

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, the good news is it seems I already had a couple Triforce charts, and after tonight I have about half of them. So it's just a matter of grabbing them.

11. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    You're positive you've returned your master sword to it's full ass-kicking glory right, because if not then you'll have trouble getting all of the shards of the triforce, and it'd be an easy thing to miss, as you can collect the charts before restoring the master sword.

12. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Though in the end, it doesn't really matter, since the Red King won't take you back down to Hyrule until you've powered up the sword...although I still recommend charging it up toot-sweet, if you haven't yet. Makes things a helluva lot easier in general.

You're going to need something like 3200 rupees to pay Tingle for deciphering all the Triforce Charts (roughly 400 rupees per chart). Incidentally, I found that a great way to make some $$$ is to go through the Savage Labyrinth over and over (where Triforce Chart #6 is located).

13. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Is that the place where you have to fight baddies for non stop and with each room increasing the difficulty of the baddies?
    Honestly though, money was never much of a problem in TWW, not for me anyways :p

14. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    this game was great. i like the part where you sail in the boat.
    i should play it again, but my nintendo is in the garage and my zelda game is in my room.
    i could never play them together when they're in different rooms.

15. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I liked this game a lot. Ganondorf's two swords at the final battle were cool, as was his death.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the sword is all powered up, that I remember (as well as given it's physical appearance it's definitely powered). And yeah, money hasn't really been much of an issue, what with all the treasure chests you come across on the water.

17. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    i know that in some circles this statement may sound a trifle blasphemous but i think that windwaker might be the best game in the series. i figure most oppostion that i'd get on this sentiment would come from the lovers of the ocarina of time. however i felt that ocarina of time was the weakest of all zelda games individually speaking. before windwaker, i would've said that a link to the past was the best one, and i may still believe it to be the greatest zelda adventure thus far. but i'd have to say that windwaker was the most fun of them all.

18. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I will agree with you that it is a truly amazing and underrated game. I'm not sure if it's the best one, but I don't have a favourite anyway, so it's alright. The combat in WW is just so much fun, and it's got awesome puzzles.

19. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I tend to agree, Axle. WW was thoroughly fun.

However, something I just cannot overcome is the impact the original Zelda game made on me. That game instilled a sense of amazement and awe in my soul when I played it for the first time. Its scope and its associated fun-factor makes that game stand alone.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    TWW is certainly underated, but I don't think it'd be fair to say it's the best of the series- it's sparse amount of dungeons, find-and-pay-to-find triforce shard quest and the feeling of slower progression across the "overworld" (complicated by the need to constantly alter wind directions just to navigate it) hinder it severely, making it feel restrictive when Zelda is supposed to be more about wide-open exploration.

But that's not denying it's great combat system, great boss battles and generally fun gameplay once you get to the meat of the title.

21. Axle-Starweilder

Jan 6, 2005
    the original was very good, and probably quite superior to link's adventure. but they did try with that one, you have to hand it to 'em. but the reason that i said that a link to the past was so good was that it was just a grand redoing of everything that made the original so cool. the mechanics were basically the same as was the world overview, you just had a lot more gadgets and dungeons to deal with.

i suppose that's also why windwaker is so unusual is because of the nautical theme, but it gave the series that fresh twist that we've all been waiting for. and they did a really good job, if only they made it a little longer. but man oh man, when you get the mastersword fully powerd up at the end and it glows!!! well, that's just bad as all hell.

22. Josiah

Josiah Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2006
    I enjoyed this game, but I think that the Twilight Princess will be better!!

23. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I began playing this game for the first time a few months ago and have since played occasionally in brief spells. It is great fun and I like the cell shading system more than I did to begin with. It's great stuff but I prefer the look of Twilight Princess and am gonna buy that, but need top complete WW first.
    I also like the look of Phantom Hourglass on DS. I should really try and complete my NES Classics edition of the original Zelda on GBA first though.

24. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    WW is a great game, but in my mind it's not a great Zelda game. It's puzzles were very very easy and I don't think I looked at my strategy guide once (I only got one because I got a good deal on it and I like to collect them). The bosses were equally easy and it didn't requre too many hits to kill them--at least in OoT/MM they were at least somewhat challenging on the first go around. The only somewhat tough boss in WW is Ganondorf, but that fight is so short that it's not like you need a fairy or anything of that sort.

I just feel like the lack of difficulty, the constant sailing and changing direction of the wind, and the whole triforce collection debacle (which really really felt like a chore) hinders the game. It's not a bad game by any means, and I really give Aonuma some credit for coming up with something fresh and unique while keeping it 'Zelda', but it had some flaws which even Aonuma will admit.

There's a reason why the development team is now saying they are trying to make TP 'even better than OoT'. That's the bar they are setting themselves to. I hope they succeed (although I'm almost positive they will :p)

Yes, my favorite of the series is OoT followed closely by ALttP if you'd like to know.

25. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    I just started playing it. Very good, so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.