main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jobo, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I have to agree with everything _dArTh_SoLo has said. Although I like to add saying that OoT bosses are easier...at least when you;ve beaten the game many times :p

2. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    The bosses are easier than in TWW? I don't think so, but we're all entitled to our opinions :)

Time-wise, it takes me longer to beat a boss in OoT than any of TWW bosses. Not to say though that I can't beat any of the bosses in OoT very quickly, but the bosses generally take longer in OoT...for me at least.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Went through the gauntlet on Outset Island to get the one Triforce shard, which I did acquire, though I was unable to complete the quest for the heart piece (I need a third bottle...then again, it took me awhile to remmeber how to beat some baddies so maybe two will be enough for the second go around...). An hour of constant battles, really sweet :cool:

4. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    It's good but not as good as OoT or LttP.

I still haven't beat it, but I'm close...I always get too bored sailing around and what not...

I still haven't beat OoT my 64 copy had this glitch in which it erases your saved games after a few days. I guess Ihafta wait to beat it til I can download it using my Wii.

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You could also look into getting a copy of the Collector's Ediion or Master Quests discs.

6. Richard-Drahcir

Richard-Drahcir Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I've got the Master Quest version on the 2nd disc with Wind Waker and have only played a little bit of it.
    Last night I went back to Wind Waker after around a month since last playing it. I've only got the boss of the Wind Temple to do, then the Triforce Shard hunting quest :(
    I hear that's very annoying but at least once it's over it's only Ganon to defeat.

I'll also be doing the side quests so that the game is really 100%(ish) complete after I kill Ganon.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well I finished the game today-hurrah! Though I'll still be revisiting it to try and finish mapping areas, collect some missing items, and find the song I'm missing.

The Ganon boss battles were great though (although Zelda could use some practice, as I'm not entirely convinced she was aiming for my shield most of the time...). And that last hit- ooh! Ouch!

Now onto Mario and the Metroids! Tally-ho!

8. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    RIGHT IN THE MOTHER ******* HEAD!!!

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, somewhat ironic that the Zelda game dismissed as most "childish" by some actually contains probably the most violent act in the entire series.

10. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    I also completed it last night. So amazing. You're right about the final hit easily being the most violent for any Zelda game. Still with no blood no-one can complain.
    I have all island mapped. All that is left is the heart pieces and side quests but I really can't be bothered. I might go play Ocarina of Time or Master Quest, especially since Twilight Princess is still a long way off.
    i wish the Gamecube version of that game would be released before the Wii is so I could get the game early but oh well.
    Anyway, here is a little review I made of Wind Waker on another forum. Well it's more comments of it:

I liked this game but for my 1st 3D Zelda game, I feel like it could have been better.
    I didn't have any problems with the length of the game but it felt like too much time was based on getting all areas of the sea mapped and hunting for items and the triforce map/shard quest, which could have been trimmed in order to allow more activity in dungeons and of course, to throw some extra dungeons in.

I hope that Phantom Hourglass and Twilight Princess prove to be more rewarding. Wind Waker was good but could have been better. Overall I felt that this game was worth around 85% but with some changes could have been a 95%+ game.

Tell me what you think.

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah- I also think they should have reduced the the Triforce shard quest down- too many were just in the open water.

Now, granted, the game was supposed to have two extra dungeons but they were cut for time, but still- I would have preferred some extra mini-dungeon caves to just grabbing they from the ocean.

Thankfully it sems Nintendo learned it's lesson and we're gonna get a huge number of dungeons in TP.

12. Richard-Drahcir

Feb 18, 2004
    Yep. TP will be a fantastic game and hopefully the best Zelda ever. Graphically it is certain to be but that's not the most important thing. But I can't see it going wrong really.

What about Phantom Hourglass on DS? Is there any confirmed info on the number of dungeons, islands, quests, etc?
    I know that it is using the island format as it's a direct sequel to Wind Waker but I hope it has a different direction, and hopefully no Ganon.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    PH will have one primary dungeon that you make gradual progress through during the course of the game, defeating smaller dungeons to unlock new areas within the primary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.