main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jobo, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Bah, this is just a shoddy version of Dragon's Lair.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Speculation based on earlier SPOILER comments....

If you are reassembling the Triforce of Courage in the game (which in of itself will provide a huge old-skool buzz), perhaps this will lead into either how Ganon has the full Triforce in ALTTP, or how the Triforce of Courage got locked up in the Great Palace for AOL.

END SPOILERS

3. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    That's true, 2nd Quest. Maybe Link ends up giving it to that little old man in the red robe that summons up Shadow Link in Zelda II. Would love to see that little old fart again. :)

-Jomero

4. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Does any of you ever think that the creator of Zelda is gonna have a brain tumor or something and maybe make Zelda for the Xbox too...?
    Im saying this without hope, because Zelda has always been with Nintendo, but i just got an xbox when i was thinking i was gonna get a gc, and theres no hope in me ever getting another console within a year or two.. and my parents wont even get me any games for the xbox either, so i have 3 games, and thats it for probably another 3 months before i have saved my allowance enough to buy another one... they wont get me one game. Damn Nazis...

5. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Unless Nintedo goes 3rd party like Sega did, you'll never see Zelda on the PS2 or Xbox, or any future incarnations of said consoles. It would be an extremely bad business move.

6. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    yeah, thats what i thought... Just wishful thinking i guess.

7. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    It's about time!!!!
    SPOILERS!

The final battle in the game, at least one of the parts of the final battle, is a SWORDFIGHT with Ganon. Not just swinging your sword at him, no no. I mean a full on sword fight. Okay this game is going to own. Also from reading a guide there appeared to be 9 dungeons, but who knows. Also the centipede boss from ALttP makes a return, and the actual arena you fight Ganon in is supposedly amazing- an aerial platform with falling water all around it. This reeks of coolness.

END SPOILERS

8. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    GAH!!! ACTUAL SWORD FIGHTS!!! NOOOO!!!! i got the wrong system... I got an xbox for christmas, and i was thinking i was gonna get a gc, but i didnt. Ive been a diehard Zelda fan since the regular nintendo came out with Zelda, then Link... but now ive disrupted the cycle by getting an xbox. *gasps* what will i do??

9. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Good luck with that.

10. DarthBobbalot

Mar 5, 2002
    Oh well, if its sword fights that i wanted, i got the right system... KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC IS GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!!

*ahem...* Maybe one of my friends will have Zelda and i can go over to their house for 2 months just to play it...

11. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I'm happy with what I have. A PC for KOTOR, and a GC for Zelda.

12. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey, I'm a Zelda fan from the beginning and I just had a few comments/questions. First, about this bonus disc, I was at the mall on Saturday and they were advertising the disc for a Feb. pick-up if you pre-order now with $15 down. I've read all your comments already in this thread, but what exactly is this bonus disc? It has something to do with OoT I know, but is it that entire game or just an add-on? (Personally, I would give anything to have OoT on GC...)

As for the look of the new game, I'm still undecided on it. I was looking forward to having amazing graphics in terms of realism when I heard about this game and I was disappointed when I saw the whole cell-shaded pictures. But I've heard so much good about this game already, that I won't judge till I actually play it. Considering this game is the only reason I bought GC and not PS2, I'm hoping it's good. I am encouraged to hear that Zelda is in it more though and the Triforce plays a larger part...

13. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    The bonus disk has the actual OoT on it and the Master Quest (I think that's what it's called). The OoT is just the plain old version from the N64. The Master Quest is the same OoT with different, and supposedly harder puzzles, and a few other changes I think.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The bonus disc includes both the N64 Ocarina of Time (now running in a higher resolution) as well as The Master Quest, which is basicly what "Ura Zelda" was. Ura Zelda was an add-on for OOT that was to be released for the 64DD disk drive add-on for the N64. The hardware addon was never successful and Ura Zelda was never released. The Master Quest basicly adds the Ura Zelda modifications to OOT. The game is more or less the same, but some dungeons have been rearranged and is supposedly more difficult.

The Master Quest is essentially to Ocarina of Time what the 2nd Quests ( ::) ) were to the original two Zelda games on the NES.

15. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    When is the North-American release date? I heard February

16. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    I think its something like March 13, but I'm not sure.

17. HotsForTahiri78

Apr 2, 2002
    WHAT! Oh god...

18. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    I thought it was March 24.....

19. Quickstrike34

Quickstrike34 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah, I think your right Jedihobbit :)

20. HotsForTahiri78

Apr 2, 2002
    up, well we arent that far away now in any case

21. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    My local Wal-Mart has a demo of it. :)
    Too bad the controller has been maimed by children. Can't even play it. :(

22. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I don't have a GC, well not yet. Planning to buy on the same day as the new Zelda :)

I can't wait for the game, it looks so great and the sword fight with Ganon and the end. Sounds simply amazing :eek:

There is one little catch:
    I have to wait untill May!!!! :( :_|

23. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Good to see this thread back.

Good to see some people excited too.

I've been playing the import for a while now and like I said in this very thread before, this game does live up to the hype and it crushes any rants blurted out by the detractors due to the look.

This game delivers. Now, if I could actually read Japanese, i'd enjoy this game a hell lot more. But then again, I'm an impatient geek :D

24. Chaotic_Jedi

Chaotic_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    I don't know about the rest of you but I get the Ura Zelda/OOT disk next week.
    woooooooooo *waves little flag*
    It can keep entertained until Wind Walker comes out. And it's free come on that a deal if I ever heard one.

25. -Edward-

-Edward- Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2002
    i havent read all the other posts as i dont have time, so dunno if this has been mentioned - but to me the cartoon graphics looks appalling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.