main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit LEGENDS Marked Paperbacks

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Taalcon, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    NOTE: This is not a thread to argue about the validity of the Legends branding, or to mourn its appearance, or to announce your vow to never buy anything with its label. It's a thread to be helpful for those interested in being informed on/finding products.

Is anyone aware of any running lists of Star Wars paperbacks that have been re-printed with the Legends banner? It appears that there might be some that have the banner printed on the ebook cover at amazon that haven't actually appeared in print with the banner.

I know I've for sure seen Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, Han Solo Advetures, TOR:Revan, TOR:Annihilation, Darth Plagueis, some Republic Commando novels, Kenobi, some Fate of the Jedi novels, etc.

But, for example, I haven't seen any of the Clone Wars multimedia project novels out and rebranded yet in the wild.

Anyone aware of a list, or can contribute to what they've actually seen? Thanks!

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Wouldn't Clone Wars not be deemed Legends due to their link to the cartoons?

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Multimedia Project wasn't linked to the TCW series but only the CW series - Labyrinth of Evil, Shatterpoint, Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, the Republic Commando books....

That said, I think that the Legends announcement basically made a lot of TCW-tie-in stuff Legends as well, at least until someone "un-Legends it" - Wild Space, No Prisoners, Clone Wars Gambit, and a whole bunch of comic books.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, that's nice and opaque.

Good luck to anyone trying to navigate their way through this stuff.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    At the moment, "canon TCW stuff" consists of the series, Son of Dathomir, and the unscreened stuff like the Utapau arc, and that's it.

Taalcon likes this.
  6. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    I've seen X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble reprinted as well.

Taalcon likes this.
  7. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Lost Tribe of the Sith I've seen in the wild with the Legends banner.

8. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015

I don't think any of this would be canon anyway. One of them had Callista, and the stuff with Obi-Wan's girlfriend-not-girlfriend serves the same purpose as Satine, so that's unnecessary.

9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I've seen copies of Crucible and Razor's Edge with the Legends banner. I think I've also seen some FOTJ novels with it too but I can't remember for sure.

Iron_lord and Taalcon like this.
  10. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Several late titles including Crucible, Razor's Edge, Honor Among Thieves, Maul: Lockdown, and Kenobi went directly into Legends banners since the PBs were released after the announcement.

Is it still in trade or have they moved it to mass market?

11. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    Still trade sized.

12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I want to say that I say branded FotJ covers somewhere, but I might have been dreaming.

13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Thrawn trilogy, Lost Tribe of the Sith, several TOR era books, Tales of Bounty Hunters, Darth Bane,
    Betrayal, Han Solo Adventures, Lando Calrissian trilogy and others.

Taalcon likes this.
  14. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014
    I went to Borders the other day and just about every star wars novel has the Legends banner now

15. StoryWorthTelling

Jan 8, 2015
    Wait, what? Borders? I smell a fish

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    I think storyworthtelling meant barnes and noble.

17. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I've been embarking on a crusade to snatch up as many EU books as I can to complete my collection before they all start appearing with the "Legends" banner. So far, most of the books in my stores (I'm in a fairly large city) do not have the "Legends" banner.

Couple of ones I have seen recently in the past:

-Tales of the Bounty Hunter
    -The Madolorean Armor
    -Thrawn Trilogy (still a few older editions though floating around)
    -Hand of Thrawn duology
    -Han Solo adventures
    -Lando trilogy

I haven't seen any X-Wing series branded "Legends" yet, or hardly any of the Bantam-era books, either. NJO, LOTF, and a lot of prequel material are still fine, for now, too.

18. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I still think this is so ridiculous. Shatterpoint isn't canon. A series of unfinished clips featuring lumpy half-rendered CGI potatoes is canon.

[​IMG]

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Technically all of the unmade arcs are canon. OR so I heard anyway.

20. StoryWorthTelling

Jan 8, 2015
    I hope that they make a new version. They probably won't finish the episode, but if they were to present it in a comic format, we could use that as the canon version. I especially would hate it if there were stories that were canon and contained information that could not be overwritten, that never saw the light of day in any format other than a half-finished script floating around the Lucasfilm offices somewhere.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  21. Deciple_of_Malak

Deciple_of_Malak Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2005
    My brother recently bought the Thrawn Trilogy and Choices of One via Amazon. Sadly, Thrawn books had the Legends banner. Choices of One was fine.

22. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

Cool. I haven't seen Last Command in the wild with Legends, but it makes sense they'd reprint them all together. Thanks for the info.

23. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Darth Plagueis? I would have thought that would be kept canon since he was referred to in ROTS!

24. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

The character of Plagueis is canon, the novel about him is not, because it was published pre-Story Group. Although some elements from the novel found their way into the canon through Luceno's canon Tarkin novel, just like elements from other Legends sources are re-canonized through appearances in Rebels, etc.

25. Captain RX

Captain RX Jedi Master star 2

Jul 30, 2014

Sorry I meant Barnes & Nobles. Same thing.

StoryWorthTelling likes this.