1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

Before - Legends "Legends of the Force"(epic drama with OCs), book 1, 32 Chapters, update weekly

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jan 7, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Isa sure is pissed
    DarthUncle likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle: Thanks for saying so, luv, and trying to cheer me up after the next heavy bummer! Due to you & three of our RL friends I feel less dreadful, but it still hurts.

@earlybird-obi-wan: Well, at times she is my sound bord.

Okay, here we go, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha & @Kahara :

Chapter 30:

To my utter annoyance six more females join the fight. This is a great violation against 'The Way' and they know it. Therefore they want to wipe me out. The tale of their dishonesty needs to stay in this camp.

Half blinded by the blood in my eyes I reach out for my lance with my left hand. While I do so the claws of my right one slice through the throat of the crone.

The five remaining females get into a greater frenzy. They draw in on me, forming a deadly circle.

“We still can end this in a peaceful way. There is no need for more death,” I suggest, but I get no response. “Then let me warn you, all of you. The Force is strong in me. I faced legions of Elfin druids. I have this artificial limb here. This fight will not be even and fair.”

“Abomination!” yells one of my attackers.

I escape her hunting knife by millimetres only. Instead of drilling into my left temple it ends up in my mechanical hand.

Laughing, I pull it out of the robotic prostheses and send it back straight into her. The knife hits my attacker straight in her left eye socket. She sinks on the floor, screaming even more.

“Still five to go!” I mumble and set myself to get it over with.

On Draconis I had once observed how the litter of a jungle cat got attacked by another cat. I fight with the same ferocity as that mother animal, using all that I have learned the past decades.

My mother Chaleur, Solitaire, her holocron, Arcānā, Umbra, members of the Shesha, agents of fovea centralis and finally Grianán – all have taught me well. I am grateful to every single one of them.

After a while, I am the only one standing, bleeding from a lot of cuts. The remains of my opponents lie scattered around me.

The tribe holds back in awe and in stunned silence.

“La fille!” I scowl, my vision getting weak. The girl!

Somebody takes me by the hand and leads me towards a tent. Inside the bound body of a little girl hangs in a wooden construction. Her back is leashed open. Salt corns stick in her deep wounds.

I know the procedure all too well. My own mother and aunts have done it each time when fresh blood for our tribe had arrived. Mostly brought in by a hunting party.

As a toddler I have seen too many city folk die this way. This time it feels personal and unacceptable. For the contestant is Heulwen.

I rush towards the unconscious girl.

The Force has kept her alive until now, but her body and soul are falling apart.

The next city is too far away. I doubt that Heulwen will survive the journey through the dune sea.

It is a pity that I had been forced to leave Luçien´s ship at the edge of Montségur. If I could have simply flown the distance.

Things with wings.

Enderv, dying in the arms of my step-brother.

The weird object that Éleos had dumped into my bag pack and for which I had been pretty crossed with him first.

A very mad plan comes alive in my mind.

(To be continued!)
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    DarthUncle and pronker like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2004
    Intense action and Isa is indeed a fierce warrior. Whew, [face_nail_biting] Heulwen is gravely injured but I think Isabeau has hit upon a solution.
    DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    bloody update. I hope Isa can save her
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @DarthUncle, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @earlybird-obi-wan. @Darth_Furio, @Kahara, @Darth Gangrenous & @Cowgirl Jedi 1701, here another update before the weekend:

(Still Chapter 30!)

First I treat the heavy injuries of Heulwen with wild honey from a nearby pot. Then I dress her in bandages of clean cotton and cut her bonds. Finally, I wrap her into a blanket and I carry her outside.

My backpack is still where I have lost during my fight.

My little princess is so light in my arms that I have no trouble bending down.

The object that I am looking for comes flying towards me all by itself.

The tribe stares at me wide eyed, especially when the cube begins to glow in a pleasant green way.

“Isa, you must be in deep trouble when you chose to activate this holocron,” the small image of Éleos tells me matter of factly.

“I am not the one in need of help.”

I do not care that some tribe members did reach out for their weapons. Using forbidden Force technology of the Ophidiae has gotten me banned from Sapuhru in the first place.

“This is a wonderful cube, Éleos. Usually it has to be a pyramid, has it not?” I ask in a light tone of voice.

He is puzzled, but answers straight away, “The traditional design seemed wrong to me when I constructed it. There can be a lot of evil brewing in a pyramid shape. In a cube all sides are even and balanced. The way that the Force should be.”

I nod towards the holocron. “There is a lot of energy gathered inside your beautiful and even piece of art, is there not?”

“Isa, what are you planning?”

I cannot refrain from laughing. My sweet boy has managed to give the holocron his wits and personality. This way it is more than a mere learning device.

“You constructed this with a lot of love, attention and good will, did you not?” I move on.

“I do not like the direction that this conversation is taking, Isa.”

“There would be a strong disturbance in the Force if I would destroy it, right?”

“Er, yes.” The holographic figure blinks at me, trying to think as appropriate as the real Éleos would under the same circumstances.

“Every Force user and Force sensitive being on Sapuhru would feel that very disturbance.”

“That is correct, too.”

“And you had no bad thought when you did what you did. You did it all for love.”

“Isa, why should you wish destroy this innocent device?”

“Because I want Heulwen to live happily ever after.”

The tribe is closing in on me. I am committing a taboo in their midst. There is no excuse for that.

“If it really has to be”, Éleos sighs deeply. “Close your eyes! By all means close them as much as you can and keep them tightly shut.”

When the first tribal women lurch at me, I drill my spear straight into the holocron.

Even with my eyelids closed, I feel the terrible brightness of a thousand suns. I am not afraid though. Éleos is full of love and so is his toy. There was no harm for me in this white light.

But my attackers scream and scream and so does the rest of her tribe.

Vision comes back to me very slowly. All around me lie the twitching bodies of my enemies. They are alive, but they have gone blind. Every iris that had contact with the shock wave of the Force explosion has gone white. The moaning is unbelievable. It reminds me of the horrors of Polysýndeton.

Heulwen is behind me, protected by the thick blanket woven from bantha wool. I create some space for her lovely, yet utterly frozen face. Death is reaching out for her. Her pulse is weak.

Luckily, help gathers above us.

”Diwall! Diwall!” I shout at the top of my lungs, raising the remains of my spear above my head and waving the burned wood. Danger! Danger!

I am actually more pleased to see Telenn than she is to see me. The pure Asrai, having changed from a hawk to an Elfin women with blue skin, screeches at me. Her red eyes, having no white in them at all, glow in an unpleasant way.

“My master should have killed you, Isabeau. For mad persons are not to be left alive in the desert. They endanger others.”

“Shut up and listen!” I throw my damaged weapon away from me and lift Heulwen from the ground. “This is a Gwyllion child. And she is dying. Do what you want with me, but please help her!”

Telenn looks at me with unblinking eyes. “A Gwyllion child?” she repeats in disbelief while her clan conducts a fiendish circle around me.

“Listen, Telenn!” I hold the child towards her. “Her name is Heulwen and she is dear to your master.”

“Is she the reason why you are defying him?”

“Leave Lucky Luc out for now, would you?” The other Elves start to invade my privacy with their closeness. “I know that I should have never come back. But this child is dying on me.”

While the other Asrai reached out for me with their webbed hands, Telenn looks thoughtful. “There was something amiss with the holocron. It did not feel as it is supposed to feel.”

“Do not tell Prince Éleos Tjiehenet!” I joke weakly, while a strange vibration shake my body. “He thinks that his cube form will work miracles. The pyramid shape was too faulty in his critical paladin eyes.”

“A cube? Done by a paladin of the Force?”

(To be continued!)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    DarthUncle likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fascinating and encouraging developments now that it looks like Heulwen will get help.
    DarthUncle likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, to destroy a holocron, even one of the light side of the Force comes with a price. Like good old Rumpel would say. ;)
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope Heulwen will be alright. Pyramid? Sith?
    DarthUncle and AzureAngel2 like this.
  9. DarthUncle

DarthUncle Jedi Master star 5

Mar 20, 2005
    Haven't been able to comment on your last updates before, lots of good stuff I missed with that, it seems, hmhm.

Lucky Luck, LOL, well deserved.

So very Isabeau to use that holocron thusly! Poor eleos, but I think it is good he gets to learn that powerful devices can be turned to many uses, both good and bad, and even if the holocron has more sides, so does its' effect. Isabeau's discussion with the holocron-eleos made me grin, it was so eleos/Isa, and all while saving her ward, great!
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @earlybird-obi-wan: Jedi. Cube. That gets destroyed this time. A couple of years ago she watched how Lucien destroyed the pyramid holocron. :p

@DarthUncle: Thanks for finding the time commenting and taking care of your sick wife with such love & dedication! [face_love]
    WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, @DarthUncle, @Kahara, @Darth_Furio, @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 and @earlybird-obi-wan, here we go again:

(Still Chapter 30!)

Not much later we are in the underground kingdom of the water elves. The interior of the caves is made of natural shiny black stone; a rock that absorbs light instead of reflecting it. Yet the rough surface gives birth to the most wondrous things that my slanted cat eyes ever witnessed.

The strange semi-darkness around me is full of glowing crystals. It is like swimming in a solar sea with a tiny space ship.

Various shades of blue and green pierce straight into my heart.

There will be swords, elegant weapons for more civilized days to come.

Before I can stop it, the words blurt out.

“The crystal is the heart of the blade.
    The heart is the crystal of the Jedi.
    The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart.
    All are intertwined: the crystal, the blade, the Jedi.
    You are one.”

A blue face comes uncomfortably close, when I am myself again. Its eyes are as red and cold as ever. “For somebody who does not believe in the Force and its mysteries, you are full of future visions and, even most impressive, full of Midi-chlorians. How can that be?”

“Believe me, Telenn, I never asked for this plague to invest me in the first place.” While I speak, the life of my sweet girl is waning. “Nothing of it matters right now. Heulwen is your kin as much she is mine.”

Her rasp laughter reminds me of the Walking Dead on Cunablua. “Why should we help a half-breed that we do not even know? It seems to be her fate to die.”

“No!” I claim. “She will not die on me. I will put her back into the arms of your cursed master.”

Mentioning Luçien always makes people behave in strange ways. Telenn moves as quick as a ray of light shooting through a rain cloud. I am pushed aside.

“Dealg, known as the Skywalker, was the first to become aware of the mystical energy field that held the Crystallite sun system together. He learned of its two halves – the Ashla, or the good, and the Bogan, the paraforce of evil. The Skywalker passed on this knowledge to his kin – twelve children who would pass on the Force to their children.”

I show Telenn my bare fangs for I could not care less. “Keep your clan history for yourself. This is not the time to lecture me about the two halves of the Force. If I want a lot of text, I have Éleos to enlighten me already.”

The rest of Asrai gather around us. “We, the Jedi Bendu of Sapuhru, will help the child,” they speak in unison.

In grim silence I watch the healing.

Despite all what Telenn and her clan tried, Heulwen simply does not wake up.

The good news is that her breath is more regular again. Her body at least is healthy.

“This is the best that we can do, Isabeau.”

Even though Telenn tries her best, the predator in me I can see beyond her mask of politeness. “I think we are done here,” I mutter. “I am not meant to stay in a cave forever, buried alive.”

There were only a few places in the universe where my claustrophobia has never struck me.

“Telenn, I want to pay a visit to Minou, the patron of the House of Healing.”

“You are doomed when you go to see her. It is one of the master´s most frequently visited places.”

Pour la morte.” I snarl, while I gaze at the unconscious Heulwen. “I could as well wait for him while I get a massage.”

The clan of the Jedi Bendu refuses to enter the narrow canyon that leads towards Montségur. Only Telenn remains by my side.

Heulwen rests in my arms like a new-born baby, that is overwhelmed by sleep after all its struggles to enter life. I beam down on her. She is live and all will be well.

“How do you think to get entrée for the two of you, Isabeau?” Telenn speaks straight into my head.

I fumble around in my torn clothing with one dirty hand. Two chains hang around my neck, unharmed from all the lethal combat that I have faced in so far. One of them is the seal of the royal House Tjiehenet. The other one is a more personal necklace, self-made during a forced sea journey.

Unimpressed, Telenn eyes the Great Snake. “Do you think that this will be enough? The fact that you rule Draconis for the dauphine Caelestris does not mean very much in this realm, and it surely won't help.”

I present her my right hand, careful not to shift Heulwen too much. “This is the signet ring of the Aletheia family. The friendship between Agathos and Luçien is well known in this city.”

“I fear the coat of arms that this ring carries is not known at all.”

With a deep sigh I move my left hand a bit and move my other ring finger slightly. “Will this be sufficient?”

Telenn looks horrified. “How come you have this? It is her wedding ring. He had it made for her by his best silver smith.”

“Sionnach waited for me outside the library.” A smile splits my already dry lips. “She said that this ring lost its meaning for her and she gave me her blessings for this mission.”

“My master will not be pleased about this.”

“She hasn't been very pleased with Luçien recently either.”

Something like worry shines in her red eyes. “You cannot imagine the degree of madness with which he will strike you down for this insult.”

I shrug and start walking towards the city.

Hawk feathers rustle softly in the moonlight and then my companion is gone.

(To be continued!)
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful recitation regarding the blade, crystals, and Jedi =D= Excellent verbal sparring between Telenn and Isabeau but you know Isa is determined enough to get her way for the wellbeing of Heulwen. @};-

Fascinated by the various reactions Lucien gets by various personages -- Telenn versus Sionnach. :p
    AzureAngel2 likes this.