main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Legio Angelus: Far From Heaven

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Saintheart, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiborax

Tiborax Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2007
    A weaker man would have panicked at such a choice. Father Cassus had had almost fourty years to learn to keep his emotions in check, especially in the presence of evil. He would not let his years of study be tossed aside because of personal weakness. Outwardly, he closed his eyes, sighed heavily, and leaned forward in his pew. He did not speak for over a minute. When his voice finally came, it was slightly nostalgic, as if he craved some time that had already passed.

"When I was sent to this parish, I had no delusions; I was here so I would stay out of trouble. Help the sick, feed the poor, but otherwise keep my nose out of where it didn't belong. A very mundane life, in comparison to what I once had, but fulfilling in its own way, I suppose.I always maintained, in my own mind at least, that - just like everything else in life - I was here for a reason."

He took a deep breath before continuing, his eyes opening slowly.

"And I feel that this - this night - is that reason. I have seen many things in my day; I have bore witness to much of the evil that lurks in the dark corners of the world, and I have tried to rise above - succeeding, I should hope. All of these years I have felt that it has been my purpose in the church to seek out and eradicate wickedness on earth - not only through faith in God, but through faith in mankind as well. Now, after decades of research and globetrotting, it comes to this, this one choice.

"My answer, then, seems simple, at least to me: There is now way to turn my back on my knowledge. Not now; not after all this time. To do so would betray not only the Lord, but my own spirit as well."

His voice was stronger now; not loud, but full of conviction.

"For me, there is no choice. There is only faith."

He finally met the eyes of the being next to him.

"Enlighten me, fellow servant of the Lord."

TAG: Nick, Morkai, Sephy, Saint

2. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    OOC: I have to work late tomorrow night, so I probably won't be able to post again until Sunday.

Jason Carver
    Queen Elizabeth II Hospital

Jason turned to face the newcomer, sizing him up. On the surface, he seemed like a harmless old man, but Jason was getting the same feeling from him that he'd been getting from Malik and Kane. Man, I really need to schedule an appointment with the shrink or something, he thought. He was seriously beginning to worry about the state of his mental faculties.

He stepped forward and grasped Borachio's hand, smiling politely. "You've got the wrong man, I'm afraid. I'm Doctor Jason Carver, an associate of Doctor Eltiades'. It's nice to meet you, Mister Carlici," he said. He let go of the old man's hand and took a step back. "We were actually just about to see if he was available, if you'd like to join us."

Carver glanced back at Malik, nodded, and then stepped up to the door separating them from Eltiades' lab. He rapped his knuckles against it. "Doctor Eltiades? It's Jason Carver. Do you have a moment?"

TAG: Winged, blubeast, Penguinator, Saint

3. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Mike Suthers
    St. John's

Taking the lack of an answer as permission, Mike kept dragging away on his cigarette while everyone else talked. The angels'd said it could all just be a drunken hallucination, and who was he to interrupt his own delusions. When the filter started to burn, Mike dropped the square on the ground, grinding it out with his foot while he lit up a new one.

Eventually, the delerium expected a reply. "Your implication would be correct. You have been thrown into a world full of turmoil and great danger. You now have a choice of sorts. It is possible to extract you from the world of Demonic Presence. With permission it would be able to make you forget what has happened. You may also choose to stay immersed in this world of chaos. Should that be the case, I'm sure I speak for Caliban as well, we would enlighten you, so to speak."

"You folks said this could all be just a hallucination with a snap of your fingers, right?" Mike asked, pausing, unintentionally making it sound like he was considering that option. "Well if it's just a drunken reverie, no harm in seeing it out to its conclusion, right? I'm in!"

He stumbled over to a pew and fell onto it, "Just lemme rest my eyes for a few minutes, 'kay?"

Tag: Morkai, NickLitYouAFlame, Tiborax

4. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Caliban

St Johns

Caliban looked evenly at the priest for a moment longer before he stood and moved infront of him, sharing a nod with Althing, for they both knew it was time to reveal themselves he gestured for Mike to stand with Crassus. He looked up at the dark gothic architecture of the chapel, as he did a light grew around him suffusing his body. In a matter of seconds there was a flash of blinding light the teenager disappeared to reveal Caliban standing before them in his celestial form. Tall and strong of aspect, the angel stood garbed in golden armour of ancient design, a golden nimbus of light played about the shoulder length light brown hair as two mighty white pinions spread out and above him from his shoulders. In his hand a sword of white fire shone with a bright, pure light as the two humans looked on "We are the servants of god, guardians of heaven" his voice seemed to echo in their heads, somewhere between pain and ecstasy.

"There is a conflict that has endured for the span of time itself between the legions of heaven and the fallen of hell, where humans are both soldiers and the prize". Calibans eyes blazed white as he spoke, the light sending shadows dancing over the pillars of the cathedral "You are called to the service of Heaven, you have a choice mortals, accept this charge to war and become our agents on earth or decline and you will never know what happened this night...choose". His voice echoing within their minds as he finished, Caliban knew seeing two angel in full aspect was alot, but this was war and if they were to fight they would see worse before over long.

TAG: St John's

5. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Althing
    St. John's

Althing smiled at his friend. He joked with him.

"Show off."

Althing then gestured at the humans while looking at Caliban.

"They have given their answer to the question, Caliban. No need to frighten them anymore than they are. Now turn back before you alert others to your presence."

Althing turned back to the two men.

"I would show you my Celestial Form, but every time an angel or demon changes it tells all other demons and angels.

Now, inside every human, hidden deep down, is an ancient power. All human's have a hidden strength much like that of an angel in human form. Angels were God's first creations and when he made Adam and Eve he transferred some of the same energy into them. It is possible for this energy to be let out.

When a human comes into contact with an angel, the human is given the choice you were. To remember or forget. You both have chosen the fight against Hell and now we shall unlocked the power enstilled upon you at birth."

Althing stepped forward towards Mike and pushed his shoulders so he was kneeling. He grasped the drunken man's temples.

"For this Mike, you must be pure of pollutants like alcohol."

Althing purified the man and spoke again.

"Mike Suthers, son of God, you have chosen the high path. You have chosen the fight against Lucifer. To effectively sway the outcome of this battle, you need the power hidden in you to come forth. For you Mike, you will stop Hell's minions in the form of a Wolf. You shall have all the strength of the beast and all of the control of your human form. Now rise as an enlightened one. You now serve God's will as an angel does."

Althing stood up and nodded at Caliban, it was done for Mike. His new form was waiting for when battle called.

Tag: Morkai and Tiborax for thier ritual (I made that one up as I went. I'm sure you could do the same, Morkai.) and Sephy for his reaction.

6. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Mike Suthers
    St. John's

If there's one thing a passed out drunk can't stand, it's bright light. And so the bright golden light dilated his pupils to tiny dots and he squinted 'til the light died down, blinking while the other angel touched his temples.

"For this Mike, you must be pure of pollutants like alcohol."

"Bloody Hell, I worked all night to get those 'pollutants' into my bloodstream! You better..."

"Mike Suthers, son of God, you have chosen the high path. You have chosen the fight against Lucifer. To effectively sway the outcome of this battle, you need the power hidden in you to come forth. For you Mike, you will stop Hell's minions in the form of a Wolf. You shall have all the strength of the beast and all of the control of your human form. Now rise as an enlightened one. You now serve God's will as an angel does."

Mike was still blinking, no longer from the radiance, but because he simply had no idea what was going on. It'd be a heck of a lot easier to accept if someone hadn't called down Divine Vengeance on the alcohol in his bloodstream. "...Cool," was all he could say to that.

Tag: Morkai, NickLitYouAFlame, Tiborax

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I'm away on vacation until the 20th, and my computer access will be limited. Just a heads up - and if you could, keep Borachio along with you?

8. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC: Not a problem, Peng. And everyone seems to be going along swimmingly right now, I must say.

Winged_Jedi: I will be playing the doctor, yes.

Lastly: I've just about cleared my backlog now, and I'd anticipate getting an update done somewhere later today my time (2 July.) Having said that, the way the timezones are arranged I think it'll be well after midnight in America, so people can go to bed and expect an update tomorrow morning, I think ... again, apologies for the delay. Darth RL strikes again.

9. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Character Sheet Approved by Saintheart

Name: Daniel Rathmore
    Appearance: Well kept, businessman like appearance. Short, dark red hair with a light tan to his skin. Dark brown eyes. Gentle touch with his fair hands and simple, fairly well exercised, frame.
    Special ability: The gift of foresight.

Bio: As lawyers go, Daniel Rathmore is of a decent level of respect. Years of education and travel have guided his hand, though he sometimes questions if he picked the correct profession. Still, a lawyer it is, and a hard working one at that ... which is probably why his girlfriend is constantly angry, what with a lack of 'alone time' of late. Up until now life has been ... liveable. It isn't prefect, but he has enough money to pay his way, a family that's always there for moral support, and a love life that keeps things just a little bit more interesting.

But it's his career that drives him ... and now, it might just lead him into trouble. In defending a young man from manslaughter, Daniel pleaded insanity. He won the case, but that wasn't of his concern. The client was, indeed, insane. Or at least, his constant chatter about a coming war led Daniel to believe so. Unfortunately, that knowledge is indeed true ... or we wouldn't be here to recount it.

Unbeknownst to Daniel Rathmore, he's about to find himself caught between two sides of devastating force, and there's no judge in sight ...

10. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: 2nd of July? What a coincidence, that's the day I have to go to see if I can buy some scalped Roger Waters tickets [face_praying] )

11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC:

Firstly, may I say there?s some very, very nice posting going on right now. We?re getting an intoxicating mix of the warm dramatic (read: Caliban) and the gently humorous (read: Mike Suthers and Althing!) Well done everyone!

Hammurabi: Good to have you with us. One thing: that telepathic communication of yours does not get around the prohibition on angels reading human minds. Talking to them telepathically is okay, though. Your start is below.

Kartanym: Welcome aboard as well! I hope I?m not doing too much violence to your character with what I?ve got in your start beneath.

Incidentally, all those on Thread #1: I?ll be interacting more frequently with you since a substantial NPC is now entering the scene.

Book One (Cont.)

Thread #1: ?And the Oscar goes to ??

Winged_Jedi, Blubeast1237, Penguinator176, Randy1012

Elizabeth II Hospital,
    London, England

There was a short delay between Jack?s knock at the door and the door being opened part of the way. Doctor Basil Eltiades looked out at him, a grey-haired man with a grey beard framing a pair of eyes so inquisitive they did not match his age. The doctor was in a tuxedo sans jacket, but he held the jacket in his hands and seemed to be about to put it on.
    ?Doctor Carver? What seems to be the problem?? He glanced at the three people standing there, and the laser-blue eyes focused on the rat sitting on the shoulder of the teenager. ?That?s a rat! What?s it doing in a hospital??

Doctor Eltiades seemed about to close the door again?

TAG: Winged_Jedi, Blubeast1237, Penguinator176, Randy1012

Thread #2: That Old Time Rock and Roll

SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, NickLitYouAFlame, Morkai

Saint John of Patmos Church
    London, England

In celestial form, Caliban?s senses reached out to beyond the space of the church. As expected, he could sense the ripples of his presence reaching across the ether, and could feel, as if hearing a dark wave of water rushing a beach at the dead of night, beings of dark and light raising their heads across London. Whether it was because of the fight they?d had with the two creatures outside or Caliban uncloaking himself, he didn?t know. The angel attempted to sense for the creatures, but their presence was fading rapidly, as if they were fleeing.

In celestial form, his attunement to the various shades of darkness Hell created was heightened somewhat. He recognized his earlier assessment that the beings were two demons was erroneous. In mortal form, he might have described his intuition as describing the difference as a difference in taste, but there was no real mortal equivalent.

What remained was the truth of the situation: the two creatures were not demons. They were vampires ? and rare at that. Angels had encountered such beings over the centuries, but the rituals necessary for their creation seemed to have fallen out of favour with Hell, and mortals had lost the method of creation around the time of the Renaissance.

The legends, though, still had some truth to them. Strong though a vampire was, it was a perverted mortal form, and could not hope to withstand the power of an angel revealed in celestial form. As for mortal remedies, the cross itself did no damage to a vampire; it was the conviction and faith behind it that repelled the beasts momentarily. Garlic and silver did no damage to them, but wooden stakes through the heart and beheading worked just as well.

Caliban glanced over at the girl resting on the altar. As if on cue, she jerked spasmodically, and came awake with a loud scream as she sat up, breathing heavily.

TAG: SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, NickLitYouAFlame, Morkai

Thread #3: One for the Money

Hammurabi, Kartnaym

London Stock Exchange,
    London

T

12. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Malik
    Elizabeth II Hospital, London, England

Malik knew this would be a problem, and cursed himself (not literally, of course) for having failed to act sooner. Unfortunately there was very little he could do now, except make excuses.

"Deepest apologies, Doctor," he said quietly. "My young friend insists on taking his pet with him everywhere. It means a great deal to him. But if you wish it he will leave immediately."

He hoped the Doctor would at least allow him and Borachio inside, if not Kane. It was not overly important. At least they had been able to get an initial look at the man. He seemed perfectly healthy and in a normal state of mind. A little stressed, perhaps, that was understandable. His eyes were strangely bright and piercing, though. That could have been simply an unusual physical characteristic, or a mark of something more sinister. Demonic activity usually left signs on those it touched, and Hell could well be trying to interfere with the Doctor's mind.

Not on my watch, thought Malik.

TAG: Saintheart, Blubeast1237, Penguinator176, Randy1012

13. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    IC - Daniel Rathmore

This certainly wasn't a day to remember. Handed an un-winnable case involving the death of an old woman's dog, who claimed her neighbour was the killer when clearly it was old age. Brilliant. Told by his girlfriend that unless he reduced his workload to provide more time for them, especially on weekends, then it was over. Sure, let me go tell the boss I've gotta take some time out to make love to my girlfriend more then once a week.

And now, having lost a number of welcome hours sleep, Liz's brother was about to take his life. Thank you God. I was starting to get bored.

"He's down here" the guard said, guiding him out the lift towards the scene. Daniel wondered if the guard was even more worried then he was, what with the neat little shove on the way, a sort of 'hurry, I don't want to clean this mess up myself' attitude. Daniel peered out towards George, standing as still as a bird on the outside ledge.

"Any ideas?" the guard asked.

"Here's one. Stand back and let me handle it" Daniel smiled, hiding his nerves.

"George? ... Hey ... Uhh ... so, what's new? ... nice view out here, huh? ...," not even a peep, nothing. This wasn't going to be easy, "Look, I know we've had our differences..."

"SHUT UP!"

"Ah, ok. I see what you mean. Umm ... look, why don't you come down and I'll..."

"I SAID..."

"Yeah I heard the first time, thanks."

God ... if you're listening ... give us a hand will you?

tag: Hammurabi

14. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Althing
    St. John's

Althing glanced at the woman as she awoke screaming, obviously in pain. He didn't move an inch. Without even looking at him he spoke to Caliban.

"They were vampires, weren't they Caliban?"

He didn't even need an answer. The jerking of the girl was telling him all he needed to know. Althing conjured a wooden stake and walked calmly to the girl.

"Healing her didn't get out the poison from the bite. She is going to turn and I can't kill her until she isn't human."

Althing spoke to the humans.

"You both should stay away until she is dead."

Even in it's early stages a vampire was extremely dangerous. The venom in her saliva and blood wouldn't turn a human into a vampire but could potentially kill.

"Caliban, in case we need his help, finish the ritual with Father Cassus."

Tag: Saint, Tiborax, Morkai and Sephy

15. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    OOC: Yeah, I considered the 'mind-reading' rule when I made my character sheet. I think that's why I put down 'telepathic communication' instead of just 'telepathy'. I'll give a specific description of the power, just so you can see it and make sure it's okay. Antonio can send thoughts, and other people/angels can (voluntarily, of course) send him thoughts - essentially, Antonio can mentally 'talk' to people. Everyone's in control of what they 'say', though.

Antonio
    London Stock Exchange

Though he wasn't God, Antonio (as an angel) still received Daniel's prayer. Figuring that now was as good a time as any to intervene, Antonio opened the window and casually strolled out onto the ledge and across to where George Tarwell stood poised to jump to his death. Though Antonio hadn't dealt with any suicides before, he'd already formed a basic approach to the situation. he only hoped it would work...

As Tarwell turned to look at the approaching figure, Antonio stuck out his right hand, a faint smile on his lips. "Good evening, sir." Antonio reached out and shook the man's hand. "It appears you might be about to make a mistake."

Tag: Kartanym, Saintheart

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC: Hammurabi: That's fine, then. ;)

NickLitYouAFlame: You're not in celestial form, and even then I'd have some difficulty with you conjuring wooden stakes out of the air. I'm ignoring that section of your post as an incidental godmode. Sorry. ;)

BOOK ONE (Cont'd.)

Thread #1: "And the Oscar goes to..."

Winged_Jedi, Blubeast1237, Penguinator176, Randy1012

Queen Elizabeth II Hospital,
    London, England

"I should think so," snapped Doctor Eltiades in response to Malik's assurances. "They spread disease." He peered closer at Malik, and then glanced back to Jack Carver and the others. "Who are all these people, Jack?"

TAG: Winged_Jedi, Blubeast1237, Penguinator176, Randy1012

SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, NickLitYouAFlame, Morkai

Saint John of Patmos Church,
    London, England

Althing stalked towards the girl, his words ringing out ominously in the candlelit darkness of the church. The girl heard them, too, though, and screamed again. Her emotional state rang out like bells to the two angels...bells of terror, of fear, of despair.

The girl scrambled blindly away from Althing as he moved towards her, falling off the side of the altar, pain shrieking into the ringing of emotions as she struck the floor. Her cries of terror began to merge with sobs of fear as she scrambled backwards, curling herself up into a ball against a wooden pew, cowering. If Althing truly wished to do something to her she was in no position to resist.

TAG: SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, NickLitYouAFlame, Morkai

Thread #3: One for the Money

Kartanym, Hammurabi

A Window Ledge,
    London Stock Exchange,
    London, England

George Tarwell pulled his hand back from Antonio's grasp, screaming "Keep away from me! You don't know anything about me!" His foot scraped on the ledge, almost slipping away. Despair and anger billowed out of him at Antonio.
    "What the hell?" snapped one of the police officers looking out the window. "Hey! Buddy! Get the hell off that ledge right now!" he yelled at Antonio.

For his part, Daniel Rathbone was as surprised as the police officers to see a second man on the window ledge. But his lawyer's mind had noticed something else: the guy next to his brother-in-law on the ledge wasn't supporting himself or leaning against the building.
    The mysterious man in the suit was standing there as casually as if he was somewhere in Piccadilly Circus, discussing the latest West End production.
    It was a strange thought to come to his mind, but still stranger was something that client had once said to him: they look like men, but don't act like them.

TAG: Kartanym, Hammurabi

17. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    GM APPROVED!

Angel

Name: Ayda

Personality: She works best with human kids, which she has a very soft spot for. She?s a
    gentle, soft spoken and calm being with a strong love and kindness towards every living being. On the other hand, she can -and will- turn aggressive, defensive, rough and cold towards those who anger them. She never defies authority, but one thing is carrying out orders and another is even gracing that high authority with a glance.

Appearance in Celestial Form: A twelve year old girl with harvest gold hair and coal black eyes. She wears a simple short white summer dress, with a whip secured on a belt around her waist and a short, slender silver sword on her hand, usually riding a graceful young white wolf, with orange eyes. -Given to her when her wings were damaged-

Appearance in Mortal Form: a 16 year old, barely five feet tall, with feathered harvest gold curly hair, down to her shoulder blades, with grey and blue eyes. She seems to be as delicate as a porcelain doll, with a heart-touching innocence about her. In other words she?s the best example one could find of: ?appearances can be deceiving?. She?s always followed closely by a big white dog.

Clothing: Baggy black cargo pants, tightened at the waist. Black sleeveless tank top with a white, light jacket and black converse shoes.
    Chosen Archangel: Michael

Special Abilities: Unearthly agility, water control, can create animal-shaped creatures out of light, which she uses against demons.

Bio: Being under the service of the Archangel of Battle, Ayda has fought in the war since it began. She was assigned to play Guardian to a baby girl for a change, Ayda accepted as she thought it would be an easy task, something like a break.

The girl turned out to be a very sensitive human, being able to see her Guardian Angel and even the demons. As the war progressed, Satan realized Isablla -the girl- could see his people, yet didn?t think of her as a threat.
    As Isabella grew older, her sensitivity grew with her, eventually being able to ?sense? things.
    Michael decided she could be useful against the enemy, and so, through Ayda, used the little human, who got in trouble.

Isabella died age eight under quite some strange circumstances, circumstances no mortal ever understood. Ayda did. Michael had ?sacrificed her for a greater good?. It was the only night Ayda ever cried. The night her wings got terribly damaged. Even if it was her who comforted the dying girl, and even if one of Azrael?s angels assured her the girl?s soul was safely back in Heaven, Ayda felt -and does to this day- very, very bitter towards Michael.

Even though she openly refuses to guard another human ever again, she does want to, deep, deep, very deep inside.

18. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    OOC: Rathbone? :p

IC - Daniel Rathmore

"When I said 'give us a hand', I didn't exactly mean this," he said to himself before holding out his own hands, one back towards the guard and the other towards the stranger and George, "Ok, let's try and be calm about this. You, stranger kid, just ... try and bring him down slowly back to me. Can you do that?"

"You're trusting him?!" the guard let out, confused. Daniel shot him a stare.

"If you've got a better idea, then by all means let me know within the next five seconds," The guard opened his mouth, but quickly thought better of it, "Good. Just let me handle it" Daniel nodded, turning his attention back to the window. He hoped this stranger wasn't the kind who enjoyed watching others fall to their fate. Still, they look like men, but don't act like them ... he couldn't shake that thought.

Tag: Hammurabi, Saintheart

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC: Kartanym: I've watched too many old movies. Basil Rathbone and Tyrone Power in "The Mark of Zorro", to be exact...

MoonlightsAngel: Welcome to one whose username fits this RPG rather nicely! I'm shoehorning you in with the boys in Thread #2. Your start is below. SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, NickLitYouAFlame, Morkai, this affects you guys as well.

Book One (Cont'd.)

MoonlightsAngel, SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, NickLitYouAFlame, Morkai

Heaven
    and
    London, England

It had been at least a thousand years or so since Ayda had been within the residence of her archangel. Most archangels' homes had a constantly-shifting form, though the theme of the form stayed true to them. Raphael's home rippled from a jungle's heart to the rim of a primal volcano to a palace of coral beneath the oceans. Azrael's home shifted between quiet tombs and churches draped in black.
    Michael's home was the exception.
    It never wavered, and never changed.

It was a gold and steel castle hundreds of metres high, pennants adorned with the letters YHWH fluttering in an impossible breeze from the crenellated turrets. Within, the rooms were wide and long, as if made for addressing battalions. There were constant echoes down those wide halls, which did change -- at one moment the ring of hammers on anvils; at another the war chant of armies long passed; at another the sweep of steel drawn from its sheath.

Michael wasn't looking at Ayda as they moved quickly down one of the halls. Some had queried the archangel's choice of an abundantly humanistic form, but none dared do so in front of the general of God's army. Especially not when that double-headed axe of his was in his hands. He'd put nocks into the handle for every former angel he'd seen off to Hell. In the physical universe there should not have been enough space on the handle to do so.

"I have no time to spare on a protracted briefing," the archangel said. His voice was the call of a trumpet with the roar of victory distilled. "There is trouble in Iraq and keeping the faithful warriors alive there. The ether is rippling in London; something stirs there, but I cannot spare the strength to intervene with a greater force. Althing and Caliban are in need of your aid. The three of you will have to suffice." Michael drew to a halt. "This will do. Your task is at hand, Ayda. Go forth in God's glory."

The archangel turned his finger in a small circle. Ayda felt herself blurring across the ether; instantaneous movement from the heart of the archangel's fortress to the Bridge and to Earth...

...where, behind the altar itself, a faintly-glowing blue cloud spun into existence from the air itself, the faint glint of lightning flickering from within. Seconds later, the cloud faded from existence just as quickly, leaving Ayda in mortal form, a white dog wagging its tail excitedly at her right leg.

TAG: MoonlightsAngel, SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, NickLitYouAFlame, Morkai

20. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Caliban

St John's

"yes Vampires...filthy creatures" he murmured, turning the Tall Angel crossed to Crassus, and gently placed a broad hand on the old priests shoulders. Instantly the man of god felt strength flowing into him "You are called father..and you have answered, i have opened the doors of your talent..use them wisely and for good" his voice boomed through the church. With this there was a flash and Caliban stood once again in Mortal form, the teenager plucking idly at some dust on the black of his t shirt.

He crossed to where the girl had crawled to..the terror echoing out of her "Wait Althing" he said with a restraining hand on the others forearm. He knelt infront of the girl "hush child...you are in no danger here" he was about to go on when he felt a crackling in the ether, then from behind the ornate alter a small white dog stepped out towards them. A smile quirked Caliban's mouth "Ayda" he said with a welcoming bow "your just in time it seems.

TAG: St John's

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC: Argh. I should've made that clear. Ayda's mortal form is accompanied by a white dog. She is a 16-year-old girl in her mortal form. Apologies, guys.

22. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Elizabeth II Hospital; London, England
    -Angel of Gabriel, Kane

Kane was first alarmed at the Doctor's offense towards Mercucio. It wasn't in his nature to get angry, but with the utmost respect towards Mercucio, the Doctor shouldn't have said he had a disease.

"Doctor Eltiades, Mercucio doesn't have a disease, well at least he doesn't anymore." He added after remembering his healing gift he had used on Mercucio back in the alley.

"Honestly, Doctor do you not remember us?" Kane asked, knowing the answer even before it had come out of his mouth. The Doctor of course wouldn't remember them because he had never met them before. Playfully moving past the Doctor and into the room, Kane walked around in circles for a moment, looking for any evidence of demonic work, then turned back to the Doctor, radiating a smile.

"Doctor, you must have been so involved in your work that you forgot about us. I can imagine that happening alot lately with your award coming up and all." He made sure to phrase his words toward an "of course" tone rather than a questioning one. Giving the Doctor their names and offering him questions would make him think harder, and if he thought harder then he would realize that he actually didn't know them.

And Kane knew this from having dealt with stress-filled people before.

-Elizabeth II Hospital; London, England

23. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    GM Approved (on the understanding I won't godmod with my bardic powers :D)

Angel:
    Name: Azylain
    Personality: Azylain is a free spirit, an angel of art and music and drama.
    Appearance in Celestial Form: In Celestial Form, Azylain tends to appear as a human shape, lacking in significant detail or visible gender, surrounded by an array of musical instruments more than willing to play themselves while Azylain sings in an angelic voice
    Appearance in Mortal Form: Azylain's appearance, and overall style, varies with what is popular among humans at the time. Among the Greeks, he often appeared masked like an hypokrites displaying exaggerated emotions. In the Middle Ages, Azylain appeared as a troubadour not unlike William Shakespeare, or a psychedelic rocker during the 1960s. Given modern trends, Azylain appears as a modern 'punk rocker', despite often espousing the differences between modern punk and it's '70s roots.
    Chosen Archangel: Gabriel
    Special Abilities: As a master of music, Azylain has an encyclopedic knowledge of every song or poem ever composed by mankind or angelkind. He is able to play any of these songs or recite any of these poems perfectly and dabbles in composing. Finally, through the divine qualities of his voice and instruments, Azylain can unlock special powers in songs, from lulling lesser demons to sleep with an old Gaelic lullaby to causing mortals to fall into an enlightened trance with his rendition of The Doors' "The End".
    Bio: Genesis doesn't record it; it wasn't really important enough to the writers during the Babylonian Exile, but when she bit the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, Eve invented song. When the newly enlightened Eve saw something bad, she sang herself a quick verse, a mnemonic device so to speak, and likewise, when she saw something good (she knew not how long her enlightenment would last, after all). A minor historical footnote, but one that changed Azylain's life forever.
    Hearing Eve sing, Azylain became obsessed with music and poetry and all it spawned. He listened as Psalms were sung in praise at the Temple in Jerusalem, as the Greeks performed their sweeping comedies and devastating tragedies. He committed to memory the Viking Sagas, the Greek Epics, and the Koran. He was there, singing along with the slaves in the American South as they toiled in the fields, and he has stood beside every Hamlet ever to recite "To be, or not to be..."
    He was at Woodstock. He shook Sinatra's hand well before it was cool to do so. He marveled at the Dada poetry of the lost generation. He watched the greatest minds of Alan Ginsberg's generation succumb to madness, and he may have accidentally kicked the Back] button on the CD player when Ashlee Simpson performed on SNL (something he apologizes greatly for).

24. Tiborax

Tiborax Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2007
    Father Cassus stood quickly and held up a hand. He had seen quite enough.

"Wait, please!"

His voice was not pleading, but not overly cross either. It was the voice of a man who was attempting to prevent a grievous mistake. He moved swiftly to the woman cowering behind the altar, standing between her and Althing.

"This woman is still in the Light; so long as she has not turned, I shall not permit bloodshed in the house of God."

He offered his hand to her. She took it cautiously, shaking and whimpering. He lifted her slowly to her feet, not daring to get intimately close. He could not help himself; a small voice in his head warned him to err to the side of caution, a philosophy that had saved his life many a time. Still, he sat her down in the first row of pews, putting one hand on her shoulder.

"Child, you have nothing to fear in God's house. Be still; you are in no danger."

His voice was conforting and fatherly, and it seemed to work, if only marginally so. The woman's shaking ceased, but the fear did not completely die from her eyes. Instead, she closed them wearily and put her head in her hands. He turned back to Althing.

"With any luck, she will not turn. She has not been fully drained of blood, and she has not partaken of the blood of a vampire. Let us not be..."

He glanced over at Caliban, who had earlier chastised him slightly for acting on instinct.

"...hasty."

It was then that he noticed the presence of another in the church. It was a young girl; at least, it appeared to be so. However, he could tell by Caliban's greeting that this girl, like the others, was something more. He dared to smile slightly.

"Times must be dire indeed for such servants of the Lord to gather in his mortal House."

TAG: The Church

25. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Ayda
    London, England

Typical. He hadn?t even allowed her a word. Pfft.

As her human form took over, Ayda winced slightly at the tickling sensation her mortal clothes sent through her body. A sudden itch made itself known on her back. She reached under the clothes to scratch it off, gently fingering the two long, thick scars running down her back. She allowed herself a tiny smile.

?Caliban, Althing? she greeted bowing her head in respect. The tiny white dog beside her stood up and shook his fur, barking a cheerful greeting for the two angels. He stopped dead to sniff the human male, way older than the female that smelled of fear, and that other man over there. He sneezed. How he loathed the scent of tobacco.

Ayda frowned at the man?s words, not in anger, but more likely confused.

?Father? the word rolled off her tongue sweetly as she tried to pull this puzzle together. I took her about three seconds ?My apologies. I must?ve startled you with such a? sudden?arrival?

She watched the scene, observing her little companion?s strange behaviour. He sniffed the girl sitting on the bench, took two slow, cautious steps towards her, and then backed off immediately, whimpering, only to re-start the whole process again.

?Would anyone care to fill me in?? She asked, curiosity shinning bright in her strange eyes.

Tag: Father Cassus, Caliban, Althing, GM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.