1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Legio Angelus: Far From Heaven

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Saintheart, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiborax Jedi Knight

Father Cassus heard the angel, but he did not move. He had decided on his course of action, and he meant to follow through.

"I admire your spirit, but it seems that a weapon of man or God will not defeat this demon. He must be drawn from this world as poison is drawn from a wound."

He narrowed his eyes, concentrating his mind singularly on the supremacy of the Lord on this hallowed ground. His bishop's cross began to glow with a soft inner light as his mind honed in on the demon's unnatural presence. His spirit, his faith, his conviction filled the church, unseen to the human eye, blanketing every inch with the Lord's protection. Gradually, he drew this light inward towards the demon as if he were slowly tightening a noose, drawing it into an increasingly isolated pocket of darkness.

Then, suddenly, he thrust forward his bishop's cross and struck out with his mind, channeling his faith into a crushing vice that would send the demon back to the black pit from whence it came.

TAG: St. John's
  2. Tiborax Jedi Knight

OOC: I'm going on a week-long holiday tomorrow. Just a heads up.
  3. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Still here, but unfortunately I probably am not going to be able to participate for the next few weeks. At the very worst I will be back to regular posting by 4th August.

Saint, please just NPC Malik if he's getting in the way. I'm very much enjoying this game so I can't wait to get back to posting in it regularly, but in the meantime please simply move my character along as part of the background.

Thanks,
    Wing
  4. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    GM OOC:

Winged_Jedi: Not a problem, Wings. Look forward to seeing you back here in a few weeks, and I?ll look after Malik for you.

Tiborax: Not a problem, and if there?s a really, really crucial conversation that requires you I?ll NPC your character.

Darth_Elu: Welcome to the game! Your start is below, and I hope to get you in with the other players soon?your start is a short one, I know, but use it as an opportunity to set up the character so I can play in with you :D

Guys in Thread #3: Again, haven?t forgotten you; just waiting on Hammurabi before I update.

Everyone else: Apologies for delay, all. Those wonderful designers at Ikea had me occupied for most of my time over the weekend ? :D

Book One (Cont?d).

Thread #1: ?And the Oscar goes to??

blubeast1237, Winged_Jedi, Randy1012, Penguinator-176

Elizabeth II Hospital,
    London, England

While Malik, Borachio, and Doctor Carver continued their conversation, about three floors below, Doctor Eltiades had just left the front doors of the hospital, glancing at his watch. The night was cold and mist was forming on his breath as he turned right and began walking quickly up the damp laneway, heading for Albert Hall. It was a good four or five blocks distant, but he was relatively confident of getting there within time.

It was a strange sort of night thus far, the doctor thought to himself. He wondered if perhaps he should contact the security guards again regarding those odd people who had confronted him earlier. Still, Doctor Carver had been with them, and Doctor Eltiades was nervous. Perhaps he?d simply overreacted. But he couldn?t shake the feeling of unease that was surrounding him.

This feeling of unease was actually understandable; most humans had a very dim attachment to the ether, albeit a much-derided sixth sense, but it remained. And in this case the ether was murmuring to Eltiades that he was, the subject of attention. The attention of two people.

One was the dair-haired, black-clothed Kane, trailing the doctor?s movements out of the building.

The other was the driver of a London cab sitting opposite the hospital, looking in the doctor?s direction, eyes narrowing, and the car starting up as Kane passed.

TAG: blubeast1237, Winged_Jedi, Randy1012, Penguinator-176

Thread #2: That Old Time Rock and Roll

MoonlightsAngel, Morkai, Tiborax, SephyCloneNo15, NickLitYouAFlame

The Church of Saint John of Patmos,
    London, England

Within the church, the girl they?d all rescued screamed again and scrabbled for some hiding place as the confrontation grew.

The demon at the window shrieked its hatred of Ayda in the angelic tongue as its fireball exploded on the floor. Instead the timber flooring of the church caught fire with a heavy whoosh where the fireball had landed, and whilst the fire was mortal and thus extinguishable, it would take hold in a few moments if somebody didn?t do something to put it out.

Ayda?s whip cracked out a second time, and with a shriek it snapped around the demon?s throat. The demon?s features cracked into a snarl as its hands clutched at the God-forged light, and smoke began to rise from the contact point. Ayda?s wrist tugged on the whip, gently, almost negligibly ? but the tug of an angel could move worlds, and the demon came whipping out of the air towards Ayda.

She readied her kunai for a thrust, but at the same moment Father Cassus?s whispered prayer reached its climax. His faith had armoured him against the fear that this thing had generated, but it was the angel-granted (and thus, by extension, God-granted) power within him that responded to the call. A point in space opened. A dweomer of angelic power whirled to life. And with a single, hollow, b
  5. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Althing
    Outside St. John?s

Althing?s huge metal branches slacked and drifted back to the tree trunk. They inched back up to where tree branches should be and ceased movement. The tree changed from metal to natural wood. There were no leaves on the twigs. They mourned their master?s weakness. A blinding light enveloped the form and for ten seconds the night sky was lit up. When the light subsided, in the place of the tree, a body lay on the ground. It was the earthy mortal form Althing frequented. His clothes lay in rags, even worse than before. His body was burned and steaming. He would keep the scars on this body to remind him.

On the inside, Althing felt even worse than he looked. The pain he had experienced had become a dull throbbing. He didn?t even move off of the ground, but lay there. He felt weak. Nothing would take it away. He had been beaten by a hellion. The thought replayed in his mind over and over. The words imprinted themselves in front of his eyes. His mind wanted him to know the words. It wanted him to feel the words and keep them. Althing did just that and crawled his way to the church?s exterior. He pushed himself into a sitting position and leaned against the house of God. Silent. His legs were up and his arms rested on them.

Tag: All
  6. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC: Mike Suthers/the Wolf
    St. John's

The wolf snarled for a few moments as the vampires fled. It then leapt through the hole in the Church's window and back into Mike's heart.

His bestial side back intact, Mike's reverie shattered and he finally reacted to what was going on. A fire was blazing on the floor, and he did the only thing he could do. Placing a cigarette in his mouth, he stuck his head close to the fire and inhaled until he was satisfied with his cherry. Then he ran to the Baptismal Font and began throwing handfuls of Holy Water at the fire.

Tag: St. John's
    IC: Azylain/>
    Crossroads

?What kind of price are you talking about??

"Damnation," the suddenly distracted angel said. A part of him was certain Will would want clarification. That part was probably right, but he was more concerned with the demonic presence.

It felt familiar, and he detected a vibe about the place not unlike Neveah ot Yawrias, the demonic chant allegedly detected if you listened to Stairway to Heaven backwards. It actually was detectable on a few of the recordings of the song. Most of the allegations were simply overconcerned parents looking for some reason to detest their children's music, but on maybe six hundred sixty-some copies of the original vinyl Led Zeppelin IV, demons had left their taint. One had allegedly scrawled a pentagram into a copy in such a way that the scratch could only be seen in a black-light, and the album only worked in reverse. It was never the band's intention, just demonic meddling.

But Azylain digressed. It really did not sound anything like the chant, but a music lover of divine proportions could listen on the subtle levels and detect a subtle pattern to the tune that reminded him of it. He silently prayed that this would not be inspiring Will Brown.

Tag: Saint/>
  7. Randy1012 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Jason Carver
    Queen Elizabeth II Hospital

Jason stared at Borachio, at a loss for words. It all sounded crazy, but the old man spoke with such conviction, and Jason saw no lie in his kindly eyes.

His hand grasped at the golden cross hanging around his neck, and he shook his head. "It's real," he breathed. "All of it. I..." He hesitated, but only for a moment. "A few days ago, I saw something. A vision, I think. It was of a war--your war. I thought it was just a hallucination, that I was just hopped up on sleeping pills and seeing things, but..."

The doctor let go of his cross, dropping his hands to his sides again, and stood to his full height. He locked eyes with Borachio, the confusion on his face gone, replaced by a serene calm, and a sense of gravity.

"Whatever it was, I must have seen it for a reason. I think I'm supposed to help you. How?"

TAG: Peng, Saint
  8. MoonlightsAngel Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Ayda
    St. John of Patmos Church
    London, England.

She was gone. That nasty little? uh? demon? was back into the flames. Even now she could hear the echo of her scream in the air, and that made her relax.

Still in celestial form, Ayda conjured water out of the air?s humidity, along with some of the Holy water Mike was using and used it to extinguish the fire. She calmly looked around, satisfied that no major harm had been done to the Church? except for the make-shift doors the demons and Mike?s wolf had created.

?? Wingless one? the demon?s mocking remark still felt bitter in Ayda?s ears. It still burnt. And somehow? hurt?

Ayda pressed her heels against Achan?s back gently, and the celestial canine paced up to the priest calmly. She bent down and kissed the man?s forehead gently. An angel?s kiss that was supposed to calm and sooth a human, relatively as much as his or her faith allowed. She trusted it would work on this man.

?Thank you, Joseph. Your faith has not only protected you, but it has been of great help too. Well done? she smiled down at him.

The blond started to slide down Achan?s back. She was tiny in her celestial form, she noticed, as the ground came closer to her bare foot, but she shrugged it aside. It made her less imposing and terrifying before humans, especially the younger ones, let that be referring to age or mind.

She stopped midway and guessed that, while she still had work to do, the human girl would be more at ease with another human.

?Mike? would you see if you can get our little girl to come out?? she asked at the smoking human standing behind her ?Please??

With that Achan turned around and jumped out the make-shift door, standing obediently where he landed. The small ?child? slid down his back and walked up to Althing, her bare feet barely making a sound as she did. When Ayda reached him, she knelt before him, putting her hands before her for support and cocking her head to the side, curls of gold moving along with her.

?Will you let me heal you, Althing?? she asked softly.

Meanwhile, Achan wandered away to stand beside Caliban and whimpered softly, gently nudging the angel with his huge, yet gentle muzzle.

Tag: Saint, Morkai, Tiborax, SephyCloneNo15, NickLitYouAFlame
  9. Morkai Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Caliban

St John's

The fiery blast of the daemons descent back to hell, errupted over caliban. He crossed his arms infront of his face, eyes squinted against the flames as they blew past him, his wings extended behind him caught in the blast wind. All was silent and the steps to the church sunk back into the gloom, Caliban sunk slowly to one knee, his celestial blase point down infront of him. There was a flash of light and he was back in mortal form. The teenager looked down at Athlings totured from with weary eyes as Ayda knelt besides him.

Curunir was as powerful as Caliban remembered, but they had beaten him, the angel looked down at his palms and flexed his fingers he had not felt that much pain...or power ever since his creation as when his blade had pierced Curunir's heart. He gently ran his hand over Achan's soft pelt as he ran a tired hand over his eyes. He yearned for heaven again, however short this visit to the mortal world had been it had been as taxing as any he had taken since the fall of Jerusalem. He drew in a haggard breath and looked at across at Ayda "We mustn't linger here...we've caused enough for others to be drawn....and he needs to go home" he said nodding at Athlings smoking form Once the mortals are in safety Michael must know what happened here".

TAG: St Johns
  10. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Michelle Nikita IC:
    ~Apartments, New York City

Michelle sighed softly. The ending of a life, of something created. It was a sad thing. One could argue, at least among some Angels, that it was a joyous thing and reason for small celebration. The passing to Heaven, the next journey for humans.

But to her, it was never happy. She had wanted everything to live and only that. But that was not her place to decide and even infinitely more so now. She got out of bed, stretched a little, then moved quietly to the kitchen.

Quietly she poured herself some cereal with no sound but the city reaching her ears, minus the occasional coughing from Mr. Malley. Temporarily tuning the coughs and anything else out, she listened to the city while she ate her breakfast in silence. And she remembered. The choirs, some of music of Heaven...the feeling of His presence...the Divine Will...and slowly, as she thought about it, loneliness and sorrow began to consume her.

Images of the past flashed by her. Creation, overseeing the Earth, fellow Angels, music, love, him...How she missed him. But she obeyed the Divine Will and the laws handed to all angels. Still, the pain she felt when he finally did died due to the revised destiny created by Danyael and Azrael according to the Will...She thought she herself was going to die...if anything, she still felt the magnitude of sorrow that an angel did.

After finishing eating, she attempted to steel herself. She could not feel sorrow like this. She had chosen her path, yes, she had. She alone had willingly fallen. To save one's life. And though he was taken later anyway, at least he survived a while longer and from what she knew of...it was a more peaceful death. And he left with a life completely fulfilled. Michelle wouldn't have had it done any other way. But it still hurt.

She moved off and took her shower then, letting the warm water flow over her body. One thing she didn't mind as a human. Showers were a nice thing. She dried off and dressed afterwards, following it up with brushing her teeth and then sitting on her couch and listening to the city one last time before she started her day. Another day of job searching she had planned out. With no records to speak of, it was proving quite difficult. Not many wanted to trust the fact that they could find nothing whatsoever on her.

She let the music of the city wash over her, give her hope, strength, determination, and some small sense of peace. After this, she got up and left her apartment, locking the door on her way out.

"Be with me as I walk upon the Earth and tread lightly on other mortal souls and lives. I go now to give peace to another while he still has time, be with me as I deliver it," she prayed faintly in the hallway before then moving further down and knocking on George Malley's door.

"Hello? Mr. Malley? George? It is Michelle from two doors down."

She waited calmly outside George Malley's door, soothing her own soul and taking deep breaths. One never knew what would happen when trying to give peace to another close to transcending to the next level, especially with one this close...

Tag: George Malley, Any Other the GM has planned [Saint]
  11. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Borachio
    The Hospital

The angel nodded his understanding. These visions were often passed off as dreams amongst the general populace. But now Jason knew better than that.

"I told you that Dr. Eltiades made enemies. Enemies that want his work destroyed, wiped off the face of the Earth. To use it against mankind." A bitter feeling passed through him as he said this. Borachio realized he could be counted among these enemies.

"He must receive that award tonight. And his work must remain secure." All the while, Borachio thought of how he'd go about his task, and what the others would think once - if - he succeeded.

"Kane's already after the man, watching him. I need to get into his lab."

Tag: Randy, Saint
  12. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Althing
    Outside St. John?s

Althing opened his eyes and glanced right into Ayda?s.

?He beat me Ayda. I was once one of Michael?s strongest fighters. How could I have so blatantly underestimated Curunir??

Althing closed his eyes again to avoid the still imprinted words. Even an angel, it seemed, was immune to mortal visions. Althing barely heard Caliban when he spoke, but managed to understand his last words.

?I will stay with you. The pain isn?t going to go away from being in Heaven.?

Althing brought himself to his feet and cracked his neck. He ignored both the angel?s and walked to the church entrance. Before entering, Althing paused and looked down. On the ground was a shard of metal from his tree. He picked it up and crushed it in his hand and walked through the doors. Althing walked to the back row of pews and sat down. He watched Mike pour water onto the fire left from one of the lesser demons.

?How are you, Mike??

Tag: St. John?s
  13. Sentinel-825 Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Harmon Dean
    The Targee Pass,
    Montana, United States

Harmon Dean looked at the wreckage in disbelief. His house, his father's house, the house that had withstood the test of time for years upon years, now gone merely due to a faulty gas valve. A tear trickled down his bearded cheek as the thought of his old golden retriever passed through his mind. "Abraham..." he whispered.

The old man knew that he didn't have time to mourn, even though he couldn't fight back his father's voice in his head. Everything will be alright, Harmon, don't you worry now, son. He knew that there were more pressing matters at hand, what with the arrival of this... thing that stood beside him and kept him grounded during the explosion.

"Why did you come here?" he asked, choking back tears as best he could. "What reason did you have to save me from that?"

Tag: Saintheart
  14. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Approved by the Old Fart:p

Name: Apollo
    Personality: Noble, merciless, unafraid, and will do anything to ensure that people pay for their sins.
    Appearance in Celestial Form: Large being in silver armor with large midnight blue wings with gold tips. The only sight of him under is dark, black emptiness. His eyes are the only white part. He dons a scythe similar to the grim reaper.
    Appearance in Mortal Form: A short male
    Chosen Archangel: Nephriel
    Special Abilities: Flight, can perform alchemy, can speak to the souls of humans without opening his mouth.
    Bio: Apollo is and has always been a ruthless bringer of death. One of Nephriel's highest, most trusted angels. Where other angels might have thought they were wrong in killing humans, Apollo understood that if human didn't fear death, they would plague the earth committing sins of unspeakable horrors. He spoke to Hitler as the man died, reading off his sins of the man as he passed on. He was one of the only angels who actually followed Nephriel's orders of making sure the ten plagues were carried out. Noticed and feared as the boy in red during World war 2, he did the most ruthless deeds making sure Nazis paid for their actions, either in killing them, or haunting them for many years afterward.

He is known of and feared by the demons of hell, for ever since the war has started he has turned his scythe towards eliminating them. Often searching, and going out of his way to confront demons, he is an angel who has been around and competed in every war he could get to. By other angels who serve under Nephriel, he has been called the Hand of Nephriel.

Elizabeth II Hospital; London, England
    -Angel of Gabriel, Kane

Kane tripped several times on his rush down the hospital stairs. Mercucio had been swinging wildly to his shoulder and screaming for Kane to slow down, but Kane didn't hear him, or chose not to. Inside the hospital, they had at least a decent chance of keeping the Doctor safe, but in the outside world, where the danger level increased, anything could happen to him.

After several long seconds, Kane hit the ground floor just in time to see the Doctor leaving out the hospital doors. Kane ran up to the doors and peered out, seeing the Doctor starting to walk down into the night of London. Feeling Mercucio's nails break skin, Kane winced as he turned to the heavily gasping rat.

"Sorry Mercucio, we had to get down here fast." Kane said as they walked into the cool night air. "We'll be going a little slower now." He assured as he patted the rat on the back.

"No problem Monsieur Kane. Is there anything I can do?" Mercucio asked as Kane slowed down his breathing with a flash of light.

"Well..." He lifted the rat up and sat him on his head. "Sense my main focus will be the doctor, you can be my look out." He exclaimed with a smile.

He looked down the road at the Doctor's back and sat off on a brisk pace, leaving enough distance between him to move without alerting the Doctor to his presence. Kane focused his eyes on the Doctor, almost seeing in a tunnel vision, when he felt a stabbing at his head.

"Monsieur, look!"

By the time Kane had turned the car was starting with the driver having a glaring look towards something past Kane, as if he didn't even notice the boy. Kane suddenly realized that the only other thing on the street was...

The Doctor.

Slowly turning his head, he realized that in the driver's sights was, as he assumed, the Doctor. Kane took one last look at the man in the car. He wasn't aware of what he was doing, Kane could see it in the man's eyes. Throwing his hands toward the car, a bright light flashed into the mans eyes as Kane ran off to get the doctor, hearing the engines roar as behind him.

-Streets of London; London, England
    />
  15. Randy1012 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOC: If this is considered godmoding, I apologize, I just thought I'd streamline things a bit in order to move our thread along...

Jason Carver
    Queen Elizabeth II Hospital

Jason frowned as he thought about how they could get back into Eltiades' lab. He looked around, and saw an inter-hospital phone hanging on the wall. Nodding to Borachio, Jason stepped over to the phone and picked it up, dialing the number for security. A moment later he began to speak.

"Hey, Mike. It's Doctor Carver. Yeah, I was leaving, but on my way out I realized I forgot my car keys. I was visiting with Doctor Eltiades before I left, and I think I left my keys up here in his lab. Could you send someone up to unlock it for me? It'll just take a second. Great, thanks."

He hung up and smiled over at the two angels. "Someone'll be up here in a second. You two should probably get out of sight, he'll think something's up if he sees you."

Jason had Borachio and Malik hide around the corner, and a second later, a guard showed up. He smiled at him and waited for him to unlock the door, then stepped inside. "Thanks," he said, looking back at the guard. "I'll lock up once I'm done."

The guard nodded. This wasn't the first time Carver had visited Eltiades' lab, so he had no reason to suspect anything. "Have yourself a good night, Doc," the Englishman said as he turned and started back down the hall.

Jason stood there in the doorway and watched the guard leave. Once he was sure he was gone, Jason waved Malik and Borachio over, letting them into the lab before following them in and shutting the door behind them.

"Okay, we're here," he said as he locked the door from the inside. Better safe than sorry. "Now what's so damned important?"

TAG: Peng, Saint
  16. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    GM OOC:
    Randy1012: That is not godmoding. In fact it?s a fairly ingenious way to get around the obstacle I?d set up; it?s within your character?s established boundaries. Now I?m interested to see what Peng does. :D

blubeast1237: If you ever call me an old fart in mixed company again your angel will be assigned to the lowest planes of Hell. K? :D :D :D On a more serious note, Kane flashing light into the eyes of the driver of that car is not something your character can do in mortal form. You?re restricted to the three powers you picked in mortal form. I?ll just ignore that section of the post. Otherwise, it?s fine and welcome to your second character ? his start will be in Thread #6 below. Play well with Darth_Elu; he?ll teach you much :D

Everyone else: Just an update for some threads. Soon as other people post up I?ll update those that aren?t in here.

Book One (Cont?d.)

Thread #1: ?And the Oscar goes to ??

blubeast1237, Winged_Jedi, Randy1012, Penguinator-176

Outside Elizabeth II Hospital,
    London, England

Kane had thought the driver of the cab was not aware of his actions at all. This, however, proved to be wrong, as the cab slowed up and pulled to a halt alongside Doctor Eltiades.
    ?Need a lift, guv?nor?? came the voice of the driver from the cab, and Eltiades slowed.

Unfortunately, by this point Kane was running towards the Doctor in a none-too-inconspicuous manner, and Eltiades looked around to see the young man he?d witnessed earlier. The Doctor?s heart gave a sudden, clear burst of fear at seeing Kane, and he hurriedly scrambled into the waiting vehicle?

TAG: blubeast1237 (everyone else, carry on ?)

Thread #4: ?I went down to the crossroads??

SephyCloneNo15

Close to the crossroads,
    Louisiana(?), United States

Azylain?s prayer was that of an angel, and it rippled out into the ether. There was an answering agitation from the direction of the crossroads, something that reminded Azylain of a snake whipping over itself as something poked it. And then the angel placed it: the rippling in the ether. The one he thought was familiar. It had a name: Nyneve. The demon Nyneve, a dark angel similar in nature to Azylain himself, personally responsible for most of the Spice Girls? greatest hits ?

As the perception hit him, William Brown?s fear rose a notch and the young man seemed to fidget on his feet. ?What do you mean, damnation?? asked Mr Brown, seeming to notice for the first time the way the very ground itself had shifted around them?

TAG: SephyCloneNo15

Thread #5: International Man of Mystery

Sentinel-825

The Targee Pass,
    Montana, United States

The man?s eyes narrowed, and Harmon Dean felt a uniquely strange sensation, as if his heart was being walked through. The man blinked, and then looked downward. In the middle of his pain and confusion, Harmon couldn?t help but think that the man seemed to be asking a question of himself.
    Or as though he was listening to someone.
    The man suddenly nodded and turned back towards the ruins of the cabin, and stretched his clipboard out towards the destruction.

Later, Harmon would reflect that the feeling he got wasn?t one of holy power; it wasn?t of a thousand choirs of seraphim singing. It didn?t even feel like some sort of healing. It was something else ? the disquieting sense you had when a clock stopped, the sensation you had when you remembered an event that was seminal in your life, that your path in the world had altered on that day. It was that feeling multiplied a hundredfold. The universe itself seemed to click in some way as the man lowered his clipboard.

There was a joyful barking from the direction of the ruins.

Harm
  17. Sentinel-825 Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC: Harmon Dean
    The Targee Pass,
    Montana, United States

Harmon wasn't quite certain if his sight, or his hearing, or all of his senses for that matter, were deceiving him as he heard the joyful bark that could only belong to one golden retriever in the universe. Abraham bounded towards the old man, his ears flapping wildly behind his face in the wind, his paws leaving prints in the snow as he ran.

"Abraham," Harmon exclaimed as the dog stood on his hind legs and put his paws on his owner's chest. "Oh, Abraham!" Abraham licked Harmon's face a few times before returning back to all fours, wagging his tail incessantly and breathing heavily, his long tongue hanging out of his mouth.

Harmon laughed, and then stopped, the emotion on his face disappearing slowly. "Danyael..." he said, turning to face his newfound companion. "Archangel. Please... please tell me what I must know."

Tag: Saintheart
  18. MoonlightsAngel Jedi Knight

star 3
    IC: Ayda
    Outside the Church

The little girl stood on her crouching position, her eyes looking at the ground. Achan whimpered at the saddened expression on his owner?s childish face, but didn?t move from where he was, still pressed against Caliban.

Standing up, the celestial child looked up, a cool breeze ruffled her dress and hair.

?Do you seriously think Michael ignores what has happened here, Caliban?? Ayda asked softly ?As weary as you might be, my friend, our job here has not ended. If that were so, we would be back in Michael?s presence by now.

She was disappointed. As an angel of war, Ayda was even a bit jealous. Both her companions carried scars from a formidable battle, while she was untouched, unharmed and not even tiered. She had done nothing, and as result, both her companions, those she had been sent to help, were harmed.

With a sigh, the child walked into the church, past Althing and to crouch before the place the human girl had chosen as a shelter.

True strength does not reside in never being defeated, Althing. It resides in learning to accept both victories and defeats with pride, and learning from both. Losing brings pain, both physically and emotionally, but it also brings an opportunity to reflect, to learn, and to understand no one is eternally undefeated nor endlessly powerful, except for Him.

Those words being whispered into her fellow angel?s mind, the celestial child crouched once more and offered the terrified human girl her hand, along with her most innocent and reassuring smile.

?Come with me?? she asked gently ?It?s safe now, I promise?

Outside, Achan looked at Caliban through intelligent, expecting orange eyes, as if asking the angel what he wanted to do next.

Tag: Church
    -----

00C: NickLitYouAFlame-san? Ayda put the fire out before going out, so there wouldn?t be a fire for Mike to pour water on now?
  19. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Apartment Building; Lobby
    -Angel of Nephriel, Apollo

Landing on the floor in a kneeling position, Apollo stayed still while the effects of transforming wore off. He took a deep breath and looked up to observe his surroundings. The entire place was a dump. Beer bottles were laying around, their was a drunk man on the steps, and the stench could take the breath of one who wasn't cautious. Apollo stood with his red hood up and began treading up the stairs, taking the drunk into consideration as he stepped around him.

As he walked up the flights he could feel himself settling more and more into his human form. It was his choice to take this form, as it was deceptive, hiding its true capabilities. Nobody would be afraid of a little boy, or think he was harmful, which gave Apollo more power in certain situations.

Now was one of those situations.

They had an unknown fallen in the area, maybe even in the building. And to add to that, he had to worry about demons. He needed to cut George Malley off from all communication to the outside world until the Archangels decided to retrieve him. The demons would try to get George Malley to sin before this time could come. Normally, as his service was to Nephriel, Apollo would have been sent down to kill the man, or make him suffer for his past sins, now he was trying to keep a the man from sinning.

Ironic.

As he passed Floor 9, he clinched his gloved hands. Why was he even here? His job was to punish humans, but if Nephriel had seen calling him to do this fit, then Apollo had to except that Nephriel's judgement was stern fast, even though the Archangel seemed troubled to do so in the first place. Even though his coat hood was covering his head, sending his face into deep shadow, Apollo could hear a sick man's voice around the corner as he stepped up the last step into Floor 12's hallway.

Down the hall was pale skinned George Malley in a filthy robe, peering out his doorway at a young girl. The girl, seemingly, didn't look a day over 25. She was beautiful, youthful, and very alluring. Any man could see she was desirable, even the sickly George Malley.

Which made her one of the most dangerous threats to his mission.

The devil was a master of manipulation. He would promise you anything to have your soul. And as attractive as the girl looked, she could be hiding a terrible evil in her. An evil that Apollo wouldn't allow jeopardizing his mission. But he knew he couldn't strike down the young woman in front of George Malley, that would make the man panic and might push his heart over the edge, causing him to die before his time, which would anger Nephriel and Azrael to a point Apollo wouldn't want to see.

He slowly approached the two, but only focused on the girl. "Hi Mr. Malley." He said in the jubilant kid voice that the man would be expecting. But in a deeper, booming voice, he spoke to the young women's soul.

"You know I am angel as I speak to you now. If you are a demon, prepare for your demise. If you are the fallen we have discovered in the area, you will let me into your apartment. If you're a fallen you know that the only reason an angel would be here is to take a life, protect one, or create one. As a fallen, it would be in your best wishes to work with me instead of against me."
    Smiling, he turned to George Malley, "I'm Hos from downstairs. We just moved in a couple days ago and they told us you were sickly, so I thought I would come up and try to brighten your day. Father always says be good to thy neighbor." He turned his eyes to the women, awaiting to see what she did.

-Apartment Building; Floor 12
  20. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    GM OOC: An update for the Thread #2 people?

Book One (Cont?d.)

Thread #2: That Old Time Rock and Roll

The Church of Saint John of Patmos
    London, England

MoonlightsAngel, Morkai, Tiborax, SephyCloneNo15, NickLitYouAFlame

The last of the flames from the demon?s fireball were extinguished in a hiss of dying flame, and the occupants of Saint John?s finally had an opportunity to take stock.

The ether was still rippling like a gong had struck it; Ayda and Caliban remaining in their celestial forms was causing a dreadful spiritual racket, sustaining the disturbance caused by the earlier battle like somebody had hooked up a Marshall amplifier to a heartbeat. Both angels could sense celestial and demonic forces starting to pull up roots and head towards this location. Both knew that to simply revert to mortal form would likely put an end to the disturbance at least, and hopefully prevent a generalized battle breaking out in this location.

However, there were also mortal problems to attend to as well. It wouldn?t be long before the police and fire department at the very least showed up, possibly with the local news services in train behind them. Caliban was able to note that the church had suffered fairly extensive damage. One of the front windows was blown out; there was fire damage to the flooring; the brickwork outside had suffered at least five impacts enough to leave crater-sized indents in the walls; and the ground directly outside the church doors looked to have melted and blackened from Curunir?s fire ? although concrete shouldn?t do something like that.

For the immediate moment, though, Ayda?s attention was on what seemed to have been the focus of the struggle ? the trembling girl slowly, hesitantly crawling out from underneath the stone altar at the front of the church.

She seemed to jump when she caught a look at Ayda?s face; the angel was in celestial form and had coal-black eyes ? not exactly the archetypical blonde, blue-eyed depiction most hackneyed artists seemed to like. But the girl seemed to calm down somewhat. Ayda was unlikely to be surprised by that; an angel?s rippling in the ether was due to the spiritual resonance they put out without thinking about it. In the case of Michael?s angels, it was a resonance that spoke primal words to a human?s heart: warrior, protection, strength. Ironic that the one thing seeming to calm the girl was also the same thing likely drawing celestial forces towards the church like iron filings to a magnet.

But for the girl it seemed to be a good thing. She slowly stood up from her tiny position, looking round the church, then back down at the twelve-year-old girl who was standing in front of her.
    She began to sob, sinking to her knees.
    ?I?m sorry, I didn?t want this, I didn?t mean to join up in that club, it was a dare,? were the words that Ayda could discern from her weeping.

TAG: MoonlightsAngel, Morkai, Tiborax, SephyCloneNo15, NickLitYouAFlame
  21. Darth_Elu Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Michelle Nikita IC:
    Location ~Floor 12, Apartment Building, New York City

Michelle waited for about twenty seconds or around there before finally, with an inner sigh of relief, she heard some shuffling on the opposite end of the door. And after a small moment, the doorknob was turning. She put on a soft smile as George Malley finally peeked out at her.

Just as she had guessed. Eyes were red, sunken, and his skin had a very bad pallor to it. She could also tell he was sweating in the dirty bathrobe he had on currently. She was struck with pity and sorrow as the man's rattling voice came out to her.

?Oh, hey, girlie. How?s it doin?. What?s goin? on??

"Hello George, everything is fine. I heard you coughing and I thought I'd come over to help you, I don't like that poor cough you've got," she said gently.

As soon as those words left her mouth, Michelle noticed a form to her right out of the corner of her eye. Looking down the hallway, she saw a boy in a red coat with the hood over his face, hiding his facial features from her and Mr. Malley.

So...this was truly it. She knew him, remembered him from the old days...

Michelle had wondered for so long when she would meet up with an angel while she was in eternal exile on Earth. It had been a long time, but as she thought it would, it finally happened. Though, she had to admit, she hadn't even thought of the possibility currently of running into an angel when coming to see George.

She let her chocolate brown eyes gaze upon the 'boy' softly as he slowly approached. When he spoke, it was toward George. A simple hello. But he also spoke to her soul without the need of his mouth. It surprised her, but only for a fraction of a second.

"You know I am angel as I speak to you now.

Yes, I do, she thought with a soft chuckle.

If you are a demon, prepare for your demise. If you are the fallen we have discovered in the area, you will let me into your apartment. If you're a fallen you know that the only reason an angel would be here is to take a life, protect one, or create one. As a fallen, it would be in your best wishes to work with me instead of against me."

Her eyebrows quietly lifted upwards in gentle arches. This would be a new experience for her, being subordinate to all other angels during her interactions with one. And more than likely being constantly referred to as 'Fallen' or 'Fallen One'. She had forgotten what she might be confronted with, but since it wasn't actual and true rudeness she would forgive. Especially since Fallen Angels who had not sinned were a gray area to certain Archangels and their motivations and intentions were usually unknown if she recalled correctly. She could not blame him.

She offered a smile at 'Hos' when he spoke a little more to George. "How sweet of you, your parents raised you well. Two would like to wish you well, George, aren't you lucky."

The remark was not sarcastic in anyway, but true and heartfelt, said softly.

The moment she finished saying that, she thought up a response to the angel in her head, hoping he managed to catch her words. Since projections of thoughts was not mind reading and since they were specifically aimed at him, he shouldn't have a problem.

"Hello Apollo, it is nice to see you again. Do you not remember me...?

A mental sigh.

Forgive me, you probably do not. We were but simple acquaintances in the past.

This was a true statement, unfortunately enough. They were only acquaintances and had never worked together despite the uncountable amount of time that they could have. She mostly had known Apollo through reputation only, they had perhaps one small conversation thousands of years ago. And that was about it. She resigned herself to her next words.

Yes, I am The Fallen. And I very well remember the reasons as to which your presence would call for and I would never work against you or the Divine Will. I must advise also, that this is George's apartment, not mine. There is no need right now for my room
  22. Morkai Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOC: Ummm if you care to read my post it say's that Caliban reverted to mortal form after he knelt down :)
  23. SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    IC: Azylain
    Louisiana or somewhere like it

?What do you mean, damnation??

Still distracted by the demon, which he now recognized, Azylain told Will Brown, "Your soul -you do believe in a soul, right?- down there." He pointed down in the general direction of Hell. "Not fun."

Nyneve. That was the baddie's name. Like himself, Nyneve tended to flop genders, and he couldn't guess which it would be right now. Fortunately, Nyneve was not really a fighter, just like him. The battle for Will Brown's soul would probably end up coming down to a little musical duel.

The only hitch was that Will would end up being the judge -that and Nyneve might not have been alone back there- and if he had any preconcieved dislike of Azylain after their journey together, he might choose poorly. "You still wanna proceed?"

Tag: Saint
    IC: Mike Suthers/>
    St. John's

?Mike? would you see if you can get our little girl to come out? Please??

"Yeah sure," Mike replied, ignoring Althing's inquiries about his well-being. The sot'd know; Mike had been fighting demons and at the same time standing around like a bloody idiot while a church burned down. Okay, so maybe Althing wouldn't've known what it was like, but if he cared enough, he'd repeat the question.

He looked over to the young girl. If he'd seen her in the pub earlier -sans the wounds on her neck- and had just the right ammount of alcohol in him, he might've approached her for the sole purpose of being shot down by her. He was a bit of a masochist when it came to the combination of girls, alcohol, and himself. It was usually a more dangerous combination for him than cigarettes and gasoline fumes.

"'scuse me, ma'am," he said, hoping lucidity would somehow win out in this crazy situation, "Mind comin' back to what passes for civilization 'round here?"

Tag: St. John's/>
  24. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    OOC: Sorry guys - vacation dragged on. Just got home last night. Post up later this evening.
  25. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: Sorry to keep you guys waiting, but thread three is ready to roll again.

Thread #3: One For the Money

Antonio
    London Stock Exchange

Look, Antonio mentally said to Daniel, We both know there's more to this than crime and punishment. Quite frankly, prison's the least of my concerns right now. Listen: I need you to cooperate with me. I'm not going to kill you, no matter what happens. If all goes well, we'll all leave this room alive. Right now, I need whatever help you can give me in order to convince our friend George here to come with us.

And then Antonio sent a message to the cops: If you lay down your weapons, we'll all walk out of here alive. He wasn't sure it would work, but he hoped for the best.

Tag: Kartanym, Saintheart
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.