main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGO Lego Clone Wars on Cartoon Network

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ody_Mandrell, Jul 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    I find these pictures. Very interesting. Is this maybe the new animation series?

[image=http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8259/hrcomiccon200953.jpg]
    [image=http://web.interware.hu/tbartha/Comic-Con_2009_138.jpg]

2. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm deperately looking for the joke in this thread...

I honestly think that's just a CGI billboard for the new lego toys or the surprisingly late announcement of a Lego Clone Wars video game. It's probably the former because the space craft in the background is real lego.

3. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    It says 'On Cartoon Network'...I'm hoping it's just a trailer for a game or some sort of mini episode between shows or something.

4. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    Looks to me like it's some special like the one the came out a few years ago, before ROTS released.

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Nope, Ahsoka is on the first trailer poster. But it shouldn't affect any TCW content because Star Wars lego material is non-canon.

6. swcolts157

swcolts157 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 15, 2008
    No, I said it's the same kind of thing as that, where it'll be silly and defenitely non-canon.

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Oh, ok. I thought you were referring to the posters. Anyway, yes, definitively non-canon. I don't really appreciate this kiddy content. "Kiddifying" Star Wars will cause a lot of problems for millions of older Star Wars fans.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Here in the UK when the first series ran on CN, there would be short SW Lego ads during the break. Most of them were OT though. Perhaps they will do something similar that's CW-themed for the new series.

9. DarthDragon164

DarthDragon164 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I'll probably just be little shorts, sorta like the one around the time of RotS.

IIRC, they already have Lego Star Wars Shorts on Demand or on the Lego website or someplace.

10. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    Star Wars was never as much for adults as it was for grown up children ^^ I mean, it's not really R rated stuff ^^

As for the Lego Clone Wars. I guess they are just releasing new CW themed stuff, would make perfect sense.

11. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    I liked the Revenge of the Brick short that aired in '05, so I'll probably like this too.

12. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Revenge of the Brick was certainly a fantastic little short, made all the more impressive by the fact that it was a toy advert. The idea that Lego: CW could be the second animated Star Wars show that GL let slip about just mortifies me though. After all why would the big cheeze get involved with this sort of thing? *Insert Mr Moneybags joke*

I really wanted to see something with it's own distinctive visual style, kind of like TCW has done, be it the rumoured saga-spanning tots show or the every fanboy's dream, KOTOR/NJO cartoon. Hopefully it's just a ROTB style short but I'm seriously worried...[face_worried]

13. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Actually, if the second animated series is "for six year olds", then I would rather have it be a lego series so that I can write it off as completely non-canon and just sit back and watch it for laughs, as its intended for.

...although you have to question the wisdom of having it be Clone Wars-centered. I mean, why in the world would we have three separate clone wars TV shows? Microseries, "the real" Clone Wars, and now Lego Clone Wars? Sigh...

14. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Oddly, that Lego Ahsoka looks older than her normal self, and Lego Anakin looks like he's got cracks in his face. Kit Fisto and Grievous just look funny to me.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I think GL is neglecting his movies and Luke Skywalker/GCW-related era. For kids of this new generation, they might think "The Clone Wars" is Star Wars and have no idea that they're six movies of Star Wars. Like I said in my previous post, I hate it that they're "kiddyfing" Star Wars.

16. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    I understand what you're saying, but I feel like lego SW falls more into the realm of parody. Officially licensed parody, but parody nonetheless. Have you watched any of the lego shorts? They are clearly played for laughs, and not a real part of the Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Batman/whatever universe.

I don't feel like this is a kidification of the franchise any more than the "Star Wars" episode of Muppet Babies kiddified the OT.

Whereas a Galactic Heroes show would DEFINITELY be a kiddification of SW.

17. novajoe23

novajoe23 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2006
    Looks more like Shaak Ti to me.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No, It's Ahsoka. You can tell by her white pigmentation on her face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.