main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming From Bricks to Buttons: The LEGO Star Wars Discussion Thread [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Jun 4, 2004.

1. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > I mightbe cynical in this, but if your customers are hooked on your product as young as possible, they're more inclined to keep following it for more eyars than older generationers.

I was 6 in 1977 when I saw Star Wars, and I've been a fan for life. So how is what you're claiming any different to what LucasFilm was doing with their toy line & merch runs 25 years ago?

2. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    How many computer games are targetted at 26 year olds?

3. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Will we be able to play this game if we don't understand German?

Schnell! Schnell!

4. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    OK. I'm trying REALLY hard to like this. I'm trying REALLY hard not to come down with Wind Waker Hater Syndrome.

OK, I'm finished trying.

This game is going to suck. Hard. Cel-shading is one thing -- it allows incredibly fluid animation and movement. But LEGOS?

Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick.

5. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It doesn't take a genius to work out that LEGO games are aimed at the target demographic of Star Wars LEGO toys. ie. 8-12 year old boys.

You're seriously not going to get pissed off when the game comes out and it doesn't have the depth of KOTOR, or even the Jedi Knight games, are you?

Personally, I think it looks like a good (cutesy) laugh, and I'll definitely check it out when it's released (but then, outside of computer games, my only other Star Wars 'habit' are the official LEGO sets).

6. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    If there is indeed a Star Wars Lego game coming out, I find it kind of hard to pass judgement when we haven't seen any screens yet.

7. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The IS a LEGO game coming out, and a screen (the droid control ship from TPM) can be seen in the second image I posted in the opening post of this thread.

It looks damn cute!

8. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Three words: What the hell?

It seems like an....interesting game...but I've got my reservations about it.

Oh and Jp, I wouldn't be surprised if your "speculation" is in fact the truth. ;)

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It will be awesome for the kids Star Wars LEGO is aimed at (8 - 12 ~ 14 year olds), and I reckon it will have enough 'cool / fun factor' to appeal to plenty (though certainly not all) of other SW gaming fans.

10. Kaizer_

Kaizer_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Why? oh why does it allways have to be us gamecubers who have to pay?

er du forresten nordmann? så det ene bildet hadde norsk tekst...

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    New Screenies! (beware of a naughty word in the second image)

:p

Not really from the game of course, they're by some 3D modelling guru, but those 2 static 3D SW LEGO renders are amazing. The first one is now my desktop. :D

12. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Dude! Er du nordmann du også? Jeg trodde jeg var den eneste nordmannen her. Vår FanForce er jo helt forlatt...

13. darthevil

darthevil Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2004
    This is an english forum,ok?Anyway,jp-30,that's what some say is a concept,not a screenie.But if it's true,it could give us the proof we need to know this is going to be the LEGO adaptation we need to find out that this is going to take place in the whole SW saga.

14. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It's true, and from what I understand, it's Prequel only. :)

15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    OK, so I've got my own new LEGO catalogue now - so I scanned it myself. In English.

Night, if you wanna try again, and have figured the 'bad link' was due to the original image hosts being personal (non-commercial) webspace, you're free to upload these to the TFn server.

JP

[image=http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v194/jaepee/swlego1.jpg]
    [image=http://img64.photobucket.com/albums/v194/jaepee/swlego2.jpg]

16. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    What images?

17. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    Well, if it is real, then I would love to play it.

RB

18. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Uhh. It is real. It's in the new LEGO magazine.

Photobucket.com appears down which is why the images don't show up, but night has uploaded them here

19. JonYo

JonYo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2004
    uhhh....huh?

20. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I'll play it! But if its anikins fall to the darkside then why is qui-gon in the picture?

21. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Because his fall to the darkside began in "The Phantom Menace". The game follows Episode 1 through 3.

22. CKYJON

CKYJON Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2003
    I really like star wars. I really like legos. I really like star wars legos. I really like video games. I really dont feel excited for this game.

23. background-jedi

background-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    This is the ultimate case of dropping the ball. I guess that we won't get anything similar to the Jedi Knight series with Anakin in it. Way to take a game that could have been the best Star Wars game ever and **** it down your leg George Lucas.

24. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Huh?

This game has nothing to do with LucasArts. It's made by LEGO. For young kids.

And its existence has no impact on any other Star Wars game that may or may not be made in the future.

25. Mic_Bob_Chapwell

Mic_Bob_Chapwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 29, 2004
    i]Well, many young kids like Star Wars, so why not make some games that are targeted at young kids?[[/i]

Yeah, I'm Definately getting this, and I'm probably the youngest person on here! Recently, I've had a sudden Lego craze, to build all my models and play all the games, so I'll definately buy it! And I know someone else who will as well!

Stop Putting Down Lego!