main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming From Bricks to Buttons: The LEGO Star Wars Discussion Thread [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Jun 4, 2004.

1. urgent_jedi_picnic

urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    You have to deflect Jango's blaster bolts back at him by pressing the attack/block button right as the bolt reaches you. :cool:

2. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    thanks buddy...found the FAQ...and just finished reading that part.

I guess you don't have to worry about the R4 droid doing anything.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also when Jango starts firing missiles at you use the Force to send them back to him. That's how I finally beat him. (Though being a Fett fan and beating Jango didn't sit easily).

I got past the Jedi Arena level today. After that level you can buy Jango as a character for Freeplay so I did and went back to a couple of the Naboo levels with him. Those blasters are great against the battle droids! The jetpack doesn't get you very high but I think it's range in level flight is unlimited.

4. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    that's good to know.

I was confused last night...as I decided to go back to Naboo...and kinda finish that up first.

well, I saw a cannister on the ledge scene, that was below where you walked...but I did not see anyway to get too it.

Is Jango the person needed for that?

and it was nice to use Queen Amidala to blow stuff up with.

5. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    If you're talking about the canister in the first area of the woods section that's along a wall near the end of the first part of the area, you can use the Force to pull a plant out of the ground and reveal a lego piece, then use the Force again to lift the lego piece below the ship part. After that, use Jar Jar to jump up and get the piece.

You should get in the habit of trying to use the Force on everything you come across. Dark objects can be manipulated by Sith, too. There's a piece in the Kashyyyk level that can only be reached by using a Sith to pull a black tuft of grass out of the ground to reveal one of the red circles someone with a blaster can rope up to.

6. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i'm having a problem, i'm trying to do the 1st scene in episode I (negotiations) & it just freezes up as soon as the cruiser appears.
    any help?
    thanx!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    J_S - Which Naboo level is that on? I just replayed the Retake Theed Palace Escape level all the way through as Jango - going to go back and do a couple of the others today.

Only problem I have had so far with the PS2 version was in the Arena Battle level - I got over near a door in the wall that had two Force mechanisms and my character just started running in place - couldn't move him. Had to restart the level and then I just avoided that area.

8. Absydian

Absydian Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2004
    Fun game. A little short though.

They could of added a few more levels in each episode. Already cleared everything and unlocked all the characters and only took a weekend of casual play. Guess I can go through and unlock the cheats/extras.

Love the General Greivous Character, he is by far the best.

Just wish there was more to it.

9. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, that's why I've been playing it so sparingly. I've only played 6 levels so far. Thankfully, I've had Battlefront available to fulfill my SW fix inbetween [face_mischief]

10. darth_melvin

darth_melvin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm doing the same thing - got two more levels in EpII... not playing EpIII til after movie. so taking my time and doing Battlefront and Rep Commando.

11. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    J_S - Which Naboo level is that on? I just replayed the Retake Theed Palace Escape level all the way through as Jango - going to go back and do a couple of the others today.

IIRC, it was the second one...the canister is below the ledge...and it is before the water section of the board...and the section with the pegs that only Jar Jar can reach.

12. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    I played this game while out in Indy at C3 with my buds. I bought it last weekend, and I finished up TPM last night. I've played every character except for two or three, and I must say that my faves have to be Dooku (best saber skills), Anakin Ep.3 (ditto, but with speed and jumping), and Magna Guards (best jumping ability). Grevious is good for jumping, but he sucks fighting droids.

13. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    I love the magna gaurds :) only 4 more characters to un-lock which can only be done when i unlock ep4 which i am having a hard time doing :) lol do you have to get all the lil coins and fill up the bar on all the lvls? i have 10/17 so far, lol

14. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    are the Magna Guards Greivous' Body Guards or something else?

15. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    yea they are

16. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Invincibility works wonders in getting all of the mini-kits.

17. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    I printed out all of the cheat codes yesterday...I gotta try and play tonight to get them installed.

18. Absydian

Absydian Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2004
    The most annoying level to get Jedi Status is the pod race level.

Luckily once you get it filled its filled and dying doesnt make it go away.

Greivous has the best dbl jump attack. Do it in the middle of a pack of droids and wipe them all out.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm having a problem in the first TPM level in Freeplay mode. It's in the room where you use the Force to assemble a ship that flies behind a force field. You have to get Jar Jar (or somebody else) to jump through a vent hole high up in the wall to go shut the force field off. I can get him to jump high enough but can't get him to go through no matter what I do. Anyone else have trouble here? (Or if you got it, what did you do?)

20. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    First off, did you use Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan to use the Force to remove the vent cover?

If so, then you just need to get the jump timing right for Jar Jar. Try quickly double-tapping, and then moving him in the direction of the vent, rather than pressing in the vent's direction as soon as you start. If Jar Jar hits a wall on his way up on a jump, he won't go so high, so try to make sure your first 'tapped' jump is away from the wall. Hope that makes sense.

Once through, and here's the part that got me stuck for ages until I discovered it...you need to use R2's jet boosters with X to fly across the gap to where the ship is, then use the wall panel to deactivate the shields. And remember to use Jar Jar to jump onto the ship and get that Lego Canister! :)

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, the vent cover is removed. It's just JarJar's jumping that is giving me the problem. And it's frustrating 'cos I have all the other canisters on that level! I will give it another try next time I play.

22. 501

501 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    Good luck.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks! :)

24. 501

501 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2005
    That's what guys like me are here for.

25. Jedi_Satimber

Jul 3, 2002
    how much different is Free Play from Story Mode???